This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

Duff’s local TD Gerry Adams has called for a “full and fulsome” apology from Ryanair.
    She should get Joe Higgins on the case while she's at it

I love the use of "fulsome".
    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Gerrys use of the word fulsome, somehow lead me to

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

But I shot a man in Reno,
      Just to watch him die,
      wtf, like
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
        It might not be a frill but when you ignore the required terms and conditions the airline sets out about what you should do if you have a medical issue then you are in no position to have a whinge tbh.
        And she followed their policy, yet they fucked up. You want to disbelieve her for whatever reason.
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Saw Reeling in the Years, 1993 the other day and this was on it, proof that the 90's was not the decade music forgot imo

One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Gerrys use of the word fulsome, somehow lead me to

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

wtf, like
            Out spraying the weeds today (such a relaxing activity) and was listening to The Ghost Of Tom Joad and actually shed a tear on a few songs, such a great album.

Edit, i realise that had sweet fuck all do do with a JC clip...just thought i would mention it.
            Last edited by oleras; 21-07-12, 21:01.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
              Whatever about your underlying leftist rhetoric driving you to say this;
              pfft, everyone across the spectrum should join together uin their hatred of Michael O'Leary and his company of gouging shitcocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                And she followed their policy, yet they fucked up. You want to disbelieve her for whatever reason.

She didn't. She never contact them before the flight telling them about her medical issue.

Comment

pfft, everyone across the spectrum should join together uin their hatred of Michael O'Leary and his company of gouging shitcocks.
                  How can you hate Michael O Leary, the man is so full of win

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                    How can you hate Michael O Leary, the man is so full of win
                    Cant wait for him to get his grubby paws all over Aer Fungus, stateside for 199 bucks !
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                      Cant wait for him to get his grubby paws all over Aer Fungus, stateside for 199 bucks !
                      Whatever about your underlying leftist rhetoric driving you to say this; its definitely highly delusional for people to unquestioningly support Ryanair in their current guise. We are currently entering the price-gouging stage of Ryanair's existence. They've essentially no new planes coming on stream, so basic economics suggests their only way to increase profits is to jack up prices as much as is feasible.

Comment

Ryanair is the nuts.

Its like getting the bus to London except its really quick and it has toilets. Win.

Comment

They proably lost Hitche's bag one day and he still has the shits with them...

Said it before, will say it again, i remember having to pay 300 pounds to cross the lake.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Said it before, will say it again, i remember having to pay 300 pounds to cross the lake.
                            you'll be paying it again soon.

Comment

you'll be paying it again soon.
                              If there is a market, like ryanair entered, some other low cost airline will enter it, its not going monopoly again without AL.
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Wut? I'm pretty sure he's used their services more than most over the last few years. They're not a charity, and as soon and if they managed to gain some monopoly status you can kiss goodbye to anything like the competition there has been in the recent past.

Comment

It's not like AL is exactly the cheapest service atm. It's worth the punt on the chance of lower transatlantic fare imo.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                      I love the use of "fulsome".
                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Fanboy-ism is just dumb in matters of commerce. You just end up being exploited. You've seen in recent weeks how the likes of Strewel-Apple/milk/chickenhater-peter turned into meekly accepting ass-rapings from Ulster Bank because in his words 'the bank treated me so well for so many years'. Anyone who allows emotion to influence their interaction with large companies is just begging for the same. Think the ultimate strategy is to be in a state of mind where you are always willing to dump your preferred company at a seconds notice.
                                        I'm not a fanboy my dear boy.

I do quite like cheap flights though.

Comment

Comment

Comment

If there is a market, like ryanair entered, some other low cost airline will enter it, its not going monopoly again without AL.
                                              like the floods of airlines currently flying dublin to London at the moment?

Comment

I'm not Ryanair fanboy, I don't particularly care either way.

But the fact remains Michael O Leary is awesome

Comment

Comment

Vradkar would toss O'Leary's salad dressed as a Nazi if he thought it would get him favourable press coverage.

Comment

the nut worst thing anyone in this country can say is "Vote O'Leary into office and he'll sort teh country out".

will he fuck.

Comment

ah, so its just a not reading-the-posts thing?! the point is that they're not going to be cheap if they have an essential monopoly on Dublin-to-London
                                                        I'm not here to have an educated debate on the potential monopolies certain aviation companies might obtain Hitchy.

I am here to scan the thread and post crap to pass the time.

Comment

the likes of Strewel-Apple/milk/chickenhater-peter turned into meekly accepting ass-rapings from Ulster Bank because in his words 'the bank treated me so well for so many years'.
                                                          Think you're wrong on this 'ass-raping' from UB though. I'd estimate UB will lose about 50% of their customers before the end of the year. Unfortunately its actually impossible to close an account when nobody knows what the real balance is.

Most people (ok maybe not most) have set up a new account, in another bank for incoming salary/wages. It's not even advisable to use the normal 'switching account' services, at it's just not going to be workable when your balances are a month out of date.

Comment

seen a bit of dumbassery in the newspapers too along the lines of 'sure if they become too expensive on Dub-Lon then Easyjet will enter the market' and prices will then drop back; as if Easyjet will waste their scarce planes loosing millions in a price war on Dub-Lon for the sake of market efficiency when they could be making a fortune with those planes on any of thousands of alternative routes where they're not going heads-up with Ryanair and its $2bn cash in the bank.

EDIT: ha, hadn't realised Ole had actually gone there with the fictitious competition thing!
                                                            This. AL left ryanair hoover up all the low fares commuter routes until it eventually bit them in the ass.

Ryanair wont be so foolish, as soon as another company see supernormal profits arising, and try to enter the market, well Ryanair will just crush them by offering 1c flights or something.
                                                            Also, massive barriers to entry for that market LDO.
                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

O leary is a mad cunt though, outside terminal 2 with the coffin and wreath was a laugh and taking out the full page off slagging off aerlingus. One of the best life trolls
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Comment

like the floods of airlines currently flying dublin to London at the moment?
                                                                  Where is the market ? Ryanair have it wrapped up with the cheap fairs, if they rise signiciantly, competition will emerge.

edit: looks like i fell for it again, wp Hitch !
                                                                  Last edited by oleras; 21-07-12, 21:46.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

yeah, no i was starting to bore myself tbh i'm literally putting off watching American Pie so I can talk about fcking airline monopolies on a Sat night. in my slight defence; only started drinking about 10 mins ago and was in a foul mood all day.
                                                                      I often have nights like that worrying about potential monopolies.

Few drinks will sort you out.

Comment

Comment

yeah, think they did that when Easyjet tried to compete with them on Glasgow-London; just wiped the floor with them. Also when former BA-subsidiary Go tried to enter the Irish market.
                                                                          I will take the boat...so there, go watch american pie...

You should check out This Must Be The Place with Sean Penn, think i was pitching it to Hotspur last night, really enjoyable and great performance yet again from Penn.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

O Leary must have fucker Zod badly. Such biased drivel. A proper drooler

Comment

Like looking in a mirror is it?

Comment

He's a cunt.

Comment

hmm sounds like something that's bet-worthy. to be fair to you, we could draw the line at them losing 30% of their customers and i'll bet the unders at evens?
                                                                                  If I can't believe the balance in my Current Account or my CreditCard account to +/- €1k, do you really think I'm going to believe any statement from them on their number of customers?

Comment

you're exactly the sort of moron his tactics are aimed at. typical small town "sure isn't he great sticking it to the man!" mentality. O'Leary is the nut worst. Manners are now an extra that you pay for. and everyone thinks it's great because he can get you to Alicante for 10 quid cheaper.

Comment

Manners are now an extra that you pay for. and everyone thinks it's great because he can get you to Alicante for 10 quid cheaper.
                                                                                      I get on a plane for the latter not the former.

Comment

You can get very condescending with that 8 ball pool game. Shrap with "You're good" and "Pure Skill" after every bad shot I make.

Comment

you're exactly the sort of moron his tactics are aimed at. typical small town "sure isn't he great sticking it to the man!" mentality. O'Leary is the nut worst. Manners are now an extra that you pay for. and everyone thinks it's great because he can get you to Alicante for 10 quid cheaper.
                                                                                          Again, you're small semi retarded mind misunderstands me, I'll speak slowly

I.....don't.......care.......about......his....... .tactics.........or.........politics.........or... ....his.........fuckin...........aero planes.

I'm simply saying he is an awesome human. We should all aspire to be like him

Comment

Jesus
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                              You can get very condescending with that 8 ball pool game. Shrap with "You're good" and "Pure Skill" after every bad shot I make.
                                                                                              nice table

Comment

I.....don't.......care.......about......his....... .tactics.........or.........politics.........or... ....his.........fuckin...........aero planes.

Tbh I'm having trouble as well.

First you started out saying he is small, then that he has a small mind.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                  nice table
                                                                                                  Hehe

Comment

hmm sounds like something that's bet-worthy. to be fair to you, we could draw the line at them losing 30% of their customers and i'll bet the unders at evens?
                                                                                                    Impossible to calculate. Less than 5% will close accounts but plenty will move. I wasn't badly affected and wont move because I'm happy with my Visa Debit card and lack of charges.

Comment

I might be tempted on a bet of them leaving the retail market in the Republic entirely. I think they'll be gone in 12 months a la Halifax. Bet would be on the basis of them closing all branches in the 26 counties, though they could still exist as a bank (online).

Comment

It might not be a frill but when you ignore the required terms and conditions the airline sets out about what you should do if you have a medical issue then you are in no position to have a whinge tbh.
                                                                                                        lol, people really have hopped the fence for their favourite CAPITALIST CHAMPION when they are labelling a person's complaint over not being allowed to bring a spare colostomy bag a "whinge"

Fingers crossed they don't get Aer Lingus but we'll see.
                                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Part of the reason O Leary is so succesful is droolers like Zod and co constantly thinking there are cleverer than him.

Put him in charge of the country imo

Comment

I might be tempted on a bet of them leaving the retail market in the Republic entirely. I think they'll be gone in 12 months a la Halifax. Bet would be on the basis of them closing all branches in the 26 counties, though they could still exist as a bank (online).
                                                                                                            Thats a good bet, what have they 150k customers ? Uneconomically (sp) viable with < 50k
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Think its about time to start changing how we view the Ryanair story tbh (and this is a little bit unrelated to your point). They are on their way to being a high fares prick-ish airline and are currently trying to create a full scale monopoly out of Dublin airport so they can jack up prices for us even more as we'll have no serious flying alternatives. The story has evolved from the old days of a scrappy airline taking on the monopolies imo.
                                                                                                              Totally agree with this by the way. I give them a lot of kudos for how they have managed the media and played people like a fiddle though - the man love for O' Leary in here is testement to an extremely sharp PR mind.
                                                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

and I'm saying the man personally is a cunt who appeals to cunts. no fucking suprise you love him.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                  lol, people really have hopped the fence for their favourite CAPITALIST CHAMPION when they are labelling a person's complaint over not being allowed to bring a spare colostomy bag a "whinge"

Fingers crossed they don't get Aer Lingus but we'll see.

I call it having a whinge when a person complains even though she hasn't followed proper procedure. If she didn't want to adhere to rules of Ryanair then she shouldn't travel with them or complain when they bring it up.

Comment

How long will that take? How easy will it be if O' Leary gets the Dublin Airport deal the likes of yourself are cheering for?

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                    It's not like AL is exactly the cheapest service atm. It's worth the punt on the chance of lower transatlantic fare imo.
                                                                                                                    ~ €480 return to San Franciso. That's just fine baby.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                      Totally agree with this by the way. I give them a lot of kudos for how they have managed the media and played people like a fiddle though - the man love for O' Leary in here is testement to an extremely sharp PR mind.
                                                                                                                      Cheaper fares, how is that being played ? I and you dont know what the future holds for air travel, lets just go on what we know.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

I call it having a whinge when a person complains even though she hasn't followed proper procedure. If she didn't want to adhere to rules of Ryanair then she shouldn't travel with them or complain when they bring it up.
                                                                                                                          Good job, good effort. I think an inability to bend rules a little when a 69 year old requests to carry a spare colostomy bag is utterly indefensible and shouldn't require pointing out but sure tear away there sunshine. May you never become seriously ill or old I say.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X