This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    Beheading, fairly gruesome stuff and not for the faint hearted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbAmszNS_eA
    more paparazzi than protestors

I'd say Lizzie is trembling in her boots
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      I'd say Lizzie is trembling in her boots
      afternoon delight with Michael Fagan then?
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
        just six more years and she wins the last longest bet with Vicky

poor old Charles

Comment

LOL insurance companies, what a bunch of low life scummy scammers.

So for two years my Son was working as a self employed Architectural technologist doing BER Certs, Planning permissions, drawings etc. to sign off on BER's the quango running it need to see professional indemnity insurance of x^n the value of any properties hes working on but fck it thats the deal pay up your c.€500 a year and look happy. Then last year he landed a job in London and he's off their working away and all's going well, I spoke to the insurance broker about cancelling the policy and getting a refund on the remaining 9 months but he sais it wasn't a runner so c'est la vie.
          Now the renewal is up and I mailed them to cancel it. Thats fine they say but the policy we had only provides cover the moment that claims are made against you and not for the work you have done so in case anyone wants to claim you need to get another policy called a run off that only costs 90% of the original premium and decreases every year thereafter.
          I'll leave it to your imagination the terms in which they were told to go fuck themselves, suffice to say I felt better after getting my feelings about them off my chest
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Get bubbleking to give them a call.
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              LOL insurance companies, what a bunch of low life scummy scammers.

So for two years my Son was working as a self employed Architectural technologist doing BER Certs, Planning permissions, drawings etc. to sign off on BER's the quango running it need to see professional indemnity insurance of x^n the value of any properties hes working on but fck it thats the deal pay up your c.€500 a year and look happy. Then last year he landed a job in London and he's off their working away and all's going well, I spoke to the insurance broker about cancelling the policy and getting a refund on the remaining 9 months but he sais it wasn't a runner so c'est la vie.
              Now the renewal is up and I mailed them to cancel it. Thats fine they say but the policy we had only provides cover the moment that claims are made against you and not for the work you have done so in case anyone wants to claim you need to get another policy called a run off that only costs 90% of the original premium and decreases every year thereafter.
              I'll leave it to your imagination the terms in which they were told to go fuck themselves, suffice to say I felt better after getting my feelings about them off my chest
              it's actually pretty standard for professional indemnity type insurance, accountants and lawyers would have similar requirements even after ceasing to actively work

Comment

This would fit as one of your sig lines Zod but I knew Michael Fagan quite well before he became famous.

Comment

it's actually pretty standard for professional indemnity type insurance, accountants and lawyers would have similar requirements even after ceasing to actively work
                  I gather so, ridiculous pricing model.
                  Must be a great opportunity for someone to come in and price those kind of policies on the actual value of work done and the attendant risk.

Comment

This would fit as one of your sig lines Zod but I knew Michael Fagan quite well before he became famous.
                    would you believe the "mental issues" explination?

Comment

I gather so, ridiculous pricing model.
                      Must be a great opportunity for someone to come in and price those kind of policies on the actual value of work done and the attendant risk.
                      I'm sure

anyway, just tell them you're moving the business to another provider. I remember ringing up the Chartered Accoutants crowd and asking them for advice on what to do when I was closing down my father's practice. They said that you have to pay up for seven years. I nodded politely and ignored it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                        Who would you have play you in a story of your life?
                        Apparently Robert Shaw already did

Comment

for those of you with large bankrolls in US dollars, S&P just put the USA on negative watch

Christmas shopping in NY could be on the way back

Comment

Who would you have play you in a story of your life?
                            I know this wasn't a general question for everyone, but Jeremy Piven.

Comment

I used to answer phones for a very reputable insurance company, I hated working there, absolute robbing scumbags, I eventually left. The abuse I received was unreal, I could imagine it would be x10 times worse if I was working for a bargain basement company.

Comment

would you believe the "mental issues" explination?
                                Oh yea he was batshit crazy and he really and truly did break in there to look for a smokes because he was running low and had no money.

A friend of mine had a fantastic house as a squat that he ran in Camden and Fagan's Wife was living with another guy who had a room in the house and Fagan used to be hanging around all the time staring at them. Mind you by the average in that house he would have appeared borderline normal.

Comment

I keep reading that as Chanel, like channel 4.

If I have a kid, I'll name it Network 2.
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                    googled

smooth Keane, very smooth

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                      It was really.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                        Short that bitch=EZ monies. Pain in the arse if it's hidden away soldered to the board on some stupidly put together laptop.
                                        ah there is usually jumpers if it's soldered on
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

that beheading of the Queen video is the most awkward, embarrassing thing I have ever seen .. wp to whatever shower of 'patriots' are responsible

Comment

Happy Birthday Ireland.

Comment

for those of you with large bankrolls in US dollars, S&P just put the USA on negative watch

Christmas shopping in NY could be on the way back
                                              Chinese have been mostly feeding themselves as their population has exploded.
                                              Most of the water that they have been using comes from a Fossil aquifer, that aquifer is about to run out. China will have lots of drought and poor crops so will need to import enormous amounts of grain and rice. Price goes up, Chinese will pay the price because they can afford it. In order for China to pay people who have food to sell they will need to collect lots of what they are owed by the US. Cue Armageddon.

Water is the new oil.

Comment

googled

smooth Keane, very smooth
                                                It's just that I find myself reacting to social situations in this way pretty often...

Comment

Apparently Robert Shaw already did

What was it like working with the Chief?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                    I share a birthday with Ireland. Nice!

Comment

Katana is also a type of Japanese sword.

I have a wooden one.
                                                      3 real ones

One thing I'd actually forgotten about was doing karate demos, me dad blindfolded and me balancing a watermelon on my stomach and he chops it off with a katana.
                                                      The physics involved are fairly simple but it's still fucking terrifying.

Comment

That and it's illegal in Ireland to buy or inport a proper blade. Made doing iaido a bit difficult.
                                                        Stupid gaijin government.
                                                        that actually depends.
                                                        There are licenses available

Comment

LG 30" Monitor for sale. See thread in main forum for details. ty.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            3 real ones

One thing I'd actually forgotten about was doing karate demos, me dad blindfolded and me balancing a watermelon on my stomach and he chops it off with a katana.
                                                            The physics involved are fairly simple but it's still fucking terrifying.
                                                            ugh just remembered he did it once or twice with an orange too.

Comment

that actually depends.
                                                              There are licenses available
                                                              is this after last years legislation banning "samurai swords"?

Comment

Zuutroy less of your jibber jabber and more trip reporting.

Comment

question for tech heads

can I take the audio from one youtube clip and play it over my own cilp?

Comment

does this work?

Comment

Dead Parrot, were you in some kind of travelling circus when you were a youngster?

if so, at what point did you decide to run away from the circus and become an IT nerd?

Comment

super thanks

Comment

is this after last years legislation banning "samurai swords"?
                                                                          Hadnt even heard of that. Probably not in that case.

Comment

LOL Scott Adams what a wankstain.

Comment

LOL Scott Adams what a wankstain.
                                                                              he is a 'certified genius' though

may have to use that gem when I start interviewing for jobs

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                Zuutroy less of your jibber jabber and more trip reporting.
                                                                                OK Then......

Got to Vancouver late Thursday night after barely making the flight in Dublin after almost two hours queuing to be seen by the ignorant pricks that are US immigration. Walked the length and breath of downtown Vancouver the Friday. It really is a very nice, clean town but as hard as it tries, its still more a North American city than a European one. On Sat we cycled about 20k, around Stanley park on the tip of downtown and back to Granville Island which is a nice little island with a market, brewery etc. We took a tiny ferry across the bay from downtown to the island, bikes and all.
                                                                                Sunday morning, picked up the rental car at Budget. The salesman was a creep, that did a ridic amount of upselling including a bare faced lie about the level of insurance that was included. They also tacked on $10 a day for GF to drive and $15/day to drive in Alberta, and even though we were only going to be there a couple of the days they charged for all 9. This all left quite a sour taste at the start of the trip.
                                                                                About 4 hours in, GF took over and the Trans-Canada highway goes to shit in the mountains with cracks and pot holes everywhere. We got a huge rip in one of the tires from a pothole and when I got out of the car there was smoke everywhere from the wheel, but luckily that was all that was wrong. Changed the tire and drove to Golden on the spare. It had 3 tire places, but only one had the right size. $145 later we were on our way to Banff. We were booked into the amazing looking Fairmont Banff Springs hotel, but tbh it didn't live up to other Fairmont's I've been to like Montreal and Monte Carlo.
                                                                                Banff is class. It was built as a resort town but isn't one bit tacky. It's totally chilled and there's a great atmosphere there. We decided to stay 2 extra nights as our plans had been fooked by not being allowed bring the car to the US, making 4 nights there in total. Cable car up one of the mountains and walking from one peak to another across fresh snow was breathtakingly awesome. Also went swimming in a hot spring while it was snowing and went snowboarding. I got the hang of it pretty quickly, but as soon as the instructor left I busted myself twice, once by getting the toe side stuck and doing a face first forward flip.
                                                                                By this stage the tire pressure warning light was still on in the car, and the remote for the central locking wasn't working. Tilted by the shit heap of a car, I decided to gun it back to Vancouver and ditch it on the Friday (1 week in).
                                                                                We stopped for a coffee outside Revelstoke, with the GF doing a shocking parking job meaning I could barely squeeze in to take over driving. Before I did, I decided to remove an old coffee cup to make room for my new one. I sqoze in, grabbed cup,shut door, moved toward the bin and felt something on my leg as I did. Ooops, I just cracked the key in two. To add insult to injury, I took a sip of the cold coffee and proceeded to spit it out everywhere. All we could do at this point was laugh hysterically.

Part 2 to follow.....
                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 18-04-11, 15:02.

Comment

I stopped thinking dilbert was any good when I read Scott Adam's rather unique take on gravity. At first I thought it was a joke, but then realised he actually believes it.
                                                                                  Last edited by Zod; 18-04-11, 14:44.

Comment

Dead Parrot, were you in some kind of travelling circus when you were a youngster?

if so, at what point did you decide to run away from the circus and become an IT nerd?
                                                                                    Something like that.
                                                                                    I started in Kenpo Karate at the grand old age of 2.
                                                                                    I was youngest black belt in Ireland at one stage, have won European and world championships a few times and even had a spread in the Sunday World!!!! .
                                                                                    At around 22-23 I got fed up teaching and wasnt really learning much. That, plus alchohol, plus women waned my interest until I 'retired'. Working for the Dublin Hertitage group, transcribing death records and marriage records to index cards; I was struck that it would be much more economical and accesible if we put them onto a computer. I was given access to a windows 3.1 machine and the love affair began. The timelines of each story kinda intersect as I was in the Heritage crowd at 17.

Next week: How me ma, through doing flowers in the church, involved me in the Catholic Youth Council, culminating in me going to Rome to meet the Pope at world youth day and upon returning giving a lecture at Maynooth College on the granduer of Rome diluting the basis of the Catholic faith.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                      So depressed from drink and only drank Sat night, still not right from it and to top it off hubby is heading back today actually feel like crying.

Kids on 2 weeks hols , kids across the road drive mia mad, she will be in the door every ten mins giving out about Setanta (what a name) who is forced to play rugby at the age of 7 and tackles his dad outside on the front lawn every day. child is so rough with other kids!

god im in some mood and feel really down
                                                                                      Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                      Chanel is my daughters name!
                                                                                      You think Setanta is an odd name? Was your daughter born in Harlem or on the west side of LA? At least Setanta is a name from irish mythology.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                        You think Setanta is an odd name? Was your daughter born in Harlem or on the west side of LA?
                                                                                        isn't the West Side of L.A. the good bit?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                          OK Then......

.

Part 2 to follow.....

where is part2

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I share a birthday with Ireland. Nice!
                                                                                            Happy Birthday Zuroph!
                                                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

isn't the West Side of L.A. the good bit?
                                                                                              You are correct sir, Westside refers to California and the country as a whole while it is East LA and South Central that are the more dangerous parts of the city.

Comment

Next week: How me ma, through doing flowers in the church, involved me in the Catholic Youth Council, culminating in me going to Rome to meet the Pope at world youth day and upon returning giving a lecture at Maynooth College on the granduer of Rome diluting the basis of the Catholic faith.
                                                                                                i can't be arsed to wait for next week..... is there any where i can download this?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Part 2!

There was a ford place nearby who said they wouldn't have a key for 4 days, but they told us the car might start if you use a pliers to turn the key and hold the fob up to the ignition at the same time. We borrowed a pliers off some Aussie roadtrippers who found the whole thing hilarious, and almost needed resuscitation when the car started! So we drove another 7 hours and barely made it to the rental place on time despite epic Vancouver traffic. Thankfully the tire pressure light went out along the way!
                                                                                                  They were shockingly nice and friendly this time around, completely understanding and the manager said ordinarily they would enforce the $300 lost key charge, but he said he could see we were genuine and it wouldn't have happened if the key was working properly, so we went on our way....only to find the wankers charged $300 to my credit card anyway.
                                                                                                  Went to Seattle on the bus the next morning. Walked around a bit, went up the Space Needle, was amazed at how many homeless people and scary crackheads there were everywhere. On Sunday, we got some bikes at the hotel and cycled to Safeco Field to see a Mariners game. That was good craic, its a lovely stadium, but the atmosphere there is very poor. Got absolutely lashed on coming back so just chilled in the hotel the rest of the day. All in all, Seattle is a city with very little charm and a general sense of menace about it. Bus back to Vancouver the following afternoon, followed by a very relaxing final day in Vancouver. All our nights in Vancouver were in the Blue Horizon hotel, which is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in and is only 80 euro a night.
                                                                                                  Spent from Tue to Fri in Toronto with friends. Nothing new for me there as I've been to Toronto about 10 times and lived there. Still always nice to go back. Had dinner in the restaurant at the Skydome as they set it up for baseball. It's like watching people build leggo for grownups. Went to Niagara Falls again which was ok, but I've been there more times than I care to remember too. Headed to the airport on Fri to find the United flight had been cancelled, but they rebooked us on Air Canada. Boarded for a 3pm flight, started to taxi at 3:30, returned to the terminal at 5, because Chicago was closed. Took off at 7, and had missed our connection by this stage. Were then forced to find a hotel. Quality Inn at O'Hare did the job for $80. The place also had a bar with 5 Corona for $15 which was badly needed after that day. Spent a few hours talking to retarded narrow minded Americans who had never left the US and hadn't been on a plane in 15 years and was reminded how little respect I have for America. How on earth are they biggest power in the world? Got home with no hassle then the next day.

Cliffs: Canada>America>Budget Rent-a-car

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                    You think Setanta is an odd name? Was your daughter born in Harlem or on the west side of LA? At least Setanta is a name from irish mythology.
                                                                                                    Believe it or not , i worked with a chap in thurles from a really traditional family, they played in a trad band, he was around 50 and his name was also chanel. spelt the same name also.
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Zuutroy, please write what you think DeadParrots vatican story will be.

Comment

Part 2!

There was a ford place nearby who said they wouldn't have a key for 4 days, but they told us the car might start if you use a pliers to turn the key and hold the fob up to the ignition at the same time. We borrowed a pliers off some Aussie roadtrippers who found the whole thing hilarious, and almost needed resuscitation when the car started! So we drove another 7 hours and barely made it to the rental place on time despite epic Vancouver traffic. Thankfully the tire pressure light went out along the way!
                                                                                                        They were shockingly nice and friendly this time around, completely understanding and the manager said ordinarily they would enforce the $300 lost key charge, but he said he could see we were genuine and it wouldn't have happened if the key was working properly, so we went on our way....only to find the wankers charged $300 to my credit card anyway.
                                                                                                        Went to Seattle on the bus the next morning. Walked around a bit, went up the Space Needle, was amazed at how many homeless people and scary crackheads there were everywhere. On Sunday, we got some bikes at the hotel and cycled to Safeco Field to see a Mariners game. That was good craic, its a lovely stadium, but the atmosphere there is very poor. Got absolutely lashed on coming back so just chilled in the hotel the rest of the day. All in all, Seattle is a city with very little charm and a general sense of menace about it. Bus back to Vancouver the following afternoon, followed by a very relaxing final day in Vancouver. All our nights in Vancouver were in the Blue Horizon hotel, which is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in and is only 80 euro a night.
                                                                                                        Spent from Tue to Fri in Toronto with friends. Nothing new for me there as I've been to Toronto about 10 times and lived there. Still always nice to go back. Had dinner in the restaurant at the Skydome as they set it up for baseball. It's like watching people build leggo for grownups. Went to Niagara Falls again which was ok, but I've been there more times than I care to remember too. Headed to the airport on Fri to find the United flight had been cancelled, but they rebooked us on Air Canada. Boarded for a 3pm flight, started to taxi at 3:30, returned to the terminal at 5, because Chicago was closed. Took off at 7, and had missed our connection by this stage. Were then forced to find a hotel. Quality Inn at O'Hare did the job for $80. The place also had a bar with 5 Corona for $15 which was badly needed after that day. Spent a few hours talking to retarded narrow minded Americans who had never left the US and hadn't been on a plane in 15 years and was reminded how little respect I have for America. How on earth are they biggest power in the world? Got home with no hassle then the next day.

Cliffs: Canada>America>Budget Rent-a-car
                                                                                                        well worth waiting for
                                                                                                        now if only DP would upload his as torrents it would all be sorted

Comment

HSP7 episode up anywhere yet?

Comment

Vatican story? I only started reading BBV again about an 12pm today, so not sure what ya mean!

Comment

Vatican story? I only started reading BBV again about an 12pm today, so not sure what ya mean!

Comment

lol, someone get the book

Extreme ironing enthusiast takes advantage of motorway closure after scrapyard fire to iron his shirt in the middle lane

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Extreme-Ironing-Phil-Shaw/dp/1843305550[/ame]
                                                                                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Ah missed that while writing my own chronicles. I'll blame the jetlag. In fairness I don't want to speculate on a story involving a young lad and the Catholic Church.

Comment

Game of Thrones will be awesome if that first episode is anything to go by
                                                                                                                    Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McNRDGwitts[/ame]

Watch out for the shock twist at 17 seconds!

Comment

I was in a circus tent yesterday. Footsbarn theatre are here in the Point Village. Footsbarn are the best travelling theatre group in Europe, which is probably helped by the fact that no-one can name another one.

Now I love Footsbarn, their mid 90s production of The Odyssey is the best show I've ever seen, their production of The Tempest was splendid, and The Inspector was very well done. Their current show is called Sorry. It's a strange comic mess predicated on a clash of a funeral for a composer and a gypsy wedding in the same place.

Normally I would recommend to anyone to go and see Footsbarn do anything, but this is pretty much crap. Now it only costs €15 or €20, there are numerous horses and riders, a goat, cat, cockerel, dancing girls, a guy in an orangutan costume, a talking head bust, a tractor, numerous musicians etc.

My suggestion is to get totally baked if you go, or at least drunk enough to drown out your inner critic. And if you should accidentally miss the first 30 minutes you wouldn't be going too far wrong. They are here for another 2 weeks at least according to them.

Comment

is the rumour litigous?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X