X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
    Lolerpool.

Suarez is overrated and very wasteful, Carroll is ten times the player he is.

Suarez will turn out to be a dud.

So that's a yes then!?

Comment

Get fucking in there!!! Never thought Kuyt would miss for a second.

Comment

Lol @ Dalglish telling Wenger to piss off.
        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Lol Arsenal.

Also Suarez is some fake. What a waste of money.
          Ignore.. Suarez is the waste of money i guess!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
            Going to have a very happy MrFD when he gets home tomorrow :-)

I bet he is having a ball at the game and the penalty will have just made his day. Best birthday treat ever imo

Thanks Kenny G for the tickets.

Maybe now Tony will be a happier mod

Edit: wtf
            BBV Curse strikes again
            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
              Go into a travel agent
              They still exist?

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                missed that

Been wanting to tell Wenger that (and worse) for years

I can launch into a serious rant about Wenger creating the type of footballer that leads to his players getting kicked, that can even have Arse fans (slightly) nodding when I'm in the mood (drunk)

Comment

What a beautiful ending to a football match. Nobody seethes like Wenger, watching him stomp away, whinging and moaning would bring a smile to even the most cold-hearted of people. Beautiful.

They'll be crying into their vanilla mocha frappacinos tonight down Arsenal way. Beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    Book flights/hotel/apartment seperate?

Ryanair still have Sunday1st to Saturday 7th (decent times) available for €173 (+ usually addons for bag etc).
                    Be surprised if you couldn't get accomodation for 6 nights for €120->€150 each.
                    We need to go this weekend, wife's holidays in work booked. I hate package holidays haven't been on one since the internet was invented, but Lanzarote is mad expensive Easter weekend for scheduled flights, €480 return.

Those debt monkeys with their overseas apartments tend to chock fill Ryanair seats on bank holiday weekends.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Lolerpool.

Suarez is overrated and very wasteful, Carroll is ten times the player he is.

Suarez will turn out to be a dud.

Opr

Comment

For a pool manager, Dalglish is a thoroughly likeable chap

Comment

that could well be the first title winning strike by a pool player in 20 odd years

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                            nicest thing I will ever say on here:

Learn what you are betting on before you bet!
                            I'm pretty sure it's half time/full time, but I'm not 100% sure. It was 14/1 so I can live with a little while admitting to being a dumbass

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                              I'm pretty sure it's half time/full time, but I'm not 100% sure. It was 14/1 so I can live with a little while admitting to being a dumbass
                              It is half time/full time

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                Was wondering did I hear that correctly lols

Fell asleep at about the 75th minute and wake back up to an Arsenal peno and then the madness of the Liverpool one, totally WTF!
                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

We need to go this weekend, wife's holidays in work booked. I hate package holidays haven't been on one since the internet was invented, but Lanzarote is mad expensive Easter weekend for scheduled flights, €480 return.

Those debt monkeys with their overseas apartments tend to chock fill Ryanair seats on bank holiday weekends.
                                  Yep, just realised I was wrong by a week, soz. Don't think you'll get anything cheap that week, it always expensive even way in advance.

Comment

ugh, didn't realise that flushdraw went to the game as i don't read here much, only saw it on Facebook there, meh, where is Newbie...

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                      ugh, didn't realise that flushdraw went to the game as i don't read here much, only saw it on Facebook there, meh, where is Newbie...
                                      I planned it as a surprise for him as I couldn't think what to do for his birthday. Least they never lost I suppose as that would have been the pits. I am sure the whole experience of being to the Emirates Stadium would be good.

I have a tour booked for them for the morning as well and he home on the 5.30pm flight.

Comment

Obviously the 108/110 minutes of playing time was correct because of the injury to Carragher.

But it did bring my mind back to an LOI game at Tolka Park (Rovers v someone) a few years ago where there was a similar stoppage for a serious injury but this time it was in the 89th minute. Nothing else had happened in the second half other than a few substitutions ; then there followed this 8 minute delay whilst a player was oxygened and stretchered off.
                                        The game resumed and a minute later the board was held up with 10 minutes injury time. Complete maths failure by the referee.

Comment

Anyone have a working NBA link?

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                            Arsenal v Pool never disappoints.

Dirka Dirka baby
                                            watch the first 97 minutes ? Depressing stuff from Arsenal. hilarious post C kid bout crime watch! was thinking the same watching him assault a guy when the ball was always going out

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5igXt8wzWYc[/ame]

Comment

Bit of help needed, looking to book a cheapo package holiday to Lanzarote or somewhere similar leaving next weekend.

Wife has tried lastminute.com, and a bunch of irish travel agents sites, but there seems to be little or nothing available.

I would've thought given the state of things we would've had a vast choice. Does anyone know of any other places to check online?
                                                we booked with bestratebeds.com got apt for 130 for the week in lanzarote!

Brill website
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                  Anyone have a working NBA link?

Link 2 was working for me there but just got deleted.

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                  watch the first 97 minutes ?
                                                  Yep. The final three minutes more than made up for that though.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eoq46VB5fE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Gran Canaria for 264 (dept Cork) or 314 (dept Dublin) on Sat 23rd for 1 week. flights and accon

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                        http://www.travel247.ie/sun_holidays.asp

Gran Canaria for 264 (dept Cork) or 314 (dept Dublin) on Sat 23rd for 1 week. flights and accon
                                                        Cheers Kev, we just booked Tenerife departing Fri morn. Thanks a mill though dude.

Thanks AJ, Gill and Michelle too. Oh, and Rasta

Comment

Going to play some freeroll tournie in The Jackpot that I didnt even realise I qualified for until somebody mentioned it to me for some IO side event tickets, not running super hot pokerwise the last while but fingers crossed I can bink something, El Tren please guide me

Comment

Cheers Kev, we just booked Tenerife departing Fri morn. Thanks a mill though dude.

Bring me back a fridge magnet please

Your gonna miss coming down to the IO, was it you one year when you brought your wife along and were railing some cash games and devilfish was eyeing your wife up???

Comment

Travel agents are still the kings of the last min package holiday!
                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

No worries at all, booked a week in Puerto Rico for 14th May on that site myself for 289 last week so was familar with it. Enjoy the break. No hangin about at the IO for u this year then?

Comment

Just realised now I can get on net on my iPod apart from email and YouTube, I is very slow. Comp isnt working, disgusted cos game of thrones will be available in morn

Comment

Bit of help needed, looking to book a cheapo package holiday to Lanzarote or somewhere similar leaving next weekend.

Wife has tried lastminute.com, and a bunch of irish travel agents sites, but there seems to be little or nothing available.

I would've thought given the state of things we would've had a vast choice. Does anyone know of any other places to check online?
                                                                    skyscanner/aerlingus/ryanair for the flight.
                                                                    as for hotels, I'd have no hesitation in recommending
                                                                    Do you know the benefits of booking your stay with VIK hotels? Hotels in Lanzarote, Punta Cana, Costa del Sol with discounts by booking on the official website

It's a little Cocoon like but they really look after you

just saw you got sorted.
                                                                    nevermind
                                                                    Last edited by DeadParrot; 17-04-11, 19:26.
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                      Bring me back a fridge magnet please

Your gonna miss coming down to the IO, was it you one year when you brought your wife along and were railing some cash games and devilfish was eyeing your wife up???
                                                                      Ha ha, yeah, he offered me 10k if he could take her off my hands for the night.

I lost it to Andy Black.

Comment

No hangin about at the IO for u this year then?
                                                                        No man, not this year unfortunately. Real pity actually, I love the burlo on IO weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                          Going to have a very happy MrFD when he gets home tomorrow :-)

I bet he is having a ball at the game and the penalty will have just made his day. Best birthday treat ever imo

Thanks Kenny G for the tickets.

Maybe now Tony will be a happier mod

Edit: wtf
                                                                          Ugh. Think a draw was a fair result tbh. Arsenal were pretty hopeless. Van Persie was never in the game at all, and Fab and Nasri just didn't drive the team. The 3 most influential players for Arsenal were the 3 that were taken off, Wilshire, Diaby and Walcott. Eboue plays even worse IRL than he does watching on the box.

Good experience tho and a great buzz. Liverpool fans were singing for the full 100 minutes so fair play to them. Had a few pints in The Herbert Chapman and just chilling for a while then showering and going to grab some grub a couple of pints around Kings Cross before stadium tour tomorrow more. Thanks a mill MrsF, will go again
                                                                          Last edited by Flushdraw; 17-04-11, 19:45.

Comment

^^^ Did you edit out the hookers?

Comment

^^^ Did you edit out the hookers?
                                                                              lol no shenanigans from me tonight. Quite couple of pints in a bit, then a little spin on line with a couple of drinks in the room and that's me till tomorrow

Comment

Booom. Udinese lead at Napoli. Basically Milans title if they can't turn it around

Edit 2-0 Udinese now. Two great goals!
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

I just made the biggest fuck up in a game to date. I should have killed myself instead of 200 penguins lying dead around me, oh well, out of bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                    What was this?

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                    http://www.independent.ie/unsorted/f...on-499168.html

Read his reply to the article, how it was carefully edited and twisted to give the impression you're taking from it.
                                                                                    I've read both, I don't see any twisting.

The only difference is that Norris wants to stress that one is pederasty and one is paedophilia.
                                                                                    I see no moral difference between the two, the only difference I can find is that pederasty focuses on young boys and older men, that's it. Is it ok because they are young boys and not young girls? No, clearly not. Or because the Greeks were down with it?

Also, it has little to do with 17 year olds and older men, depending on the culture, from what I have read it is boys of 11, 12, 13 or 14+.

The bulk of the article just talks excessively about his love of music and literature, Joyce, etc, etc.

Also, let me say that I am not suggesting for a moment that the guy is a paedophilia, however his comments are not good, not helpful, and befitting of a presidential candidate.
                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

ugh talk about running bad, decided to look at different poker networks after the whole thing last week, found a site that has a €2,000 guarantee tournament FO and miss reg by 20 secs, buy in €10, total players - 44 - sick

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                                        I've read both, I don't see any twisting.

The only difference is that Norris wants to stress that one is pederasty and one is paedophilia.
                                                                                        I see no moral difference between the two, the only difference I can find is that pederasty focuses on young boys and older men, that's it. Is it ok because they are young boys and not young girls? No, clearly not. Or because the Greeks were down with it?

Also, it has little to do with 17 year olds and older men, depending on the culture, from what I have read it is boys of 11, 12, 13 or 14+.

The bulk of the article just talks excessively about his love of music and literature, Joyce, etc, etc.

Also, let me say that I am not suggesting for a moment that the guy is a paedophilia, however his comments are not good, not helpful, and befitting of a presidential candidate.
                                                                                        The Greek comment was silly but it was probably said in his usual nutty professor style and I'd imagine the focus of the comment in context was on his desire as a younger gay man to have someone help him through his younger days, said (I have little doubt) with a laugh and a wink. The same way a heterosexual man might say the same thing about being a young man and having an adult woman show them the ropes.

It's not an intelligent comment by any stretch but I'd imagine it was totally innocuous in context.

Also, what do you mean by "not befitting a Presidential candidate"? The President has exactly 2 Constitutional duties and other than that they do what the Government tells them. Just because you and I grew up in the shadow of a President who ignored that convention (Robinson obv) doesn't mean the job is anything more than that.

If he is capable of questioning the constitutionality of a law (he is) and if he is capable of signing his name when asked to do so (he is) and if he is over 35 (he is) then he is perfectly qualified to be the President. After that it's all just smoke, mirrors and nonsense. The Park is a political backwater with no authority whatsoever and only 1 real power. You want Presidential/Executive politics go to America. We are a Legislative democracy.
                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

won our first round championship game today - last minute point kicked from out near the sideline - buzzing

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                            Booom. Udinese lead at Napoli. Basically Milans title if they can't turn it around

Edit 2-0 Udinese now. Two great goals!
                                                                                            Watched most of the game so far, the hand bags are hilarious in fairness. Would have put a few quid on Cavani to bury the penalty.

Comment

Norris will never be President imo.
                                                                                              On the surface we try to appear as liberal and carefree as possible.
                                                                                              Sure we are the mad Irish.
                                                                                              Scratch the surface and the racist, bigoted, ignorant masses appear.
                                                                                              We make a million and one excuses for ourselves and it appears if you are 'just not used to it/them/that' then you get a free pass.
                                                                                              All it'll take is one article in the Daily Mail/Sun and one Joe Duffy mongathon and any chance Norris had will disappear.

Tbh, I'd consider the presidency to be a waste of an intellectual and influential politican.
                                                                                              As Kayroo said, Robinson basically ignored her presidential role, she was allowed for the most part as she was our 1st woman president; Norris' sexuality would always be the 1st thing mentioned no matter what he did.
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                won our first round championship game today - last minute point kicked from out near the sideline - buzzing
                                                                                                WP any meath specials rugby style goals scored?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                  Watched most of the game so far, the hand bags are hilarious in fairness. Would have put a few quid on Cavani to bury the penalty.
                                                                                                  Yeah he had a bit of a mare tonight. Napoli have bottled it a few times this year when the pressure was really on and did the same tonight. They were blessed to face Udinese without Sanchez and Di Natale but still couldn't get the job done...
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                    Norris will never be President imo.
                                                                                                    On the surface we try to appear as liberal and carefree as possible.
                                                                                                    Sure we are the mad Irish.
                                                                                                    Scratch the surface and the racist, bigoted, ignorant masses appear.
                                                                                                    We make a million and one excuses for ourselves and it appears if you are 'just not used to it/them/that' then you get a free pass.
                                                                                                    All it'll take is one article in the Daily Mail/Sun and one Joe Duffy mongathon and any chance Norris had will disappear.

Tbh, I'd consider the presidency to be a waste of an intellectual and influential politican.
                                                                                                    As Kayroo said, Robinson basically ignored her presidential role, she was allowed for the most part as she was our 1st woman president; Norris' sexuality would always be the 1st thing mentioned no matter what he did.
                                                                                                    I think as a whole ireland is quite tolerant we have had massive emmigration and of course there will be some racism especiually as our economy goes into free fall
                                                                                                    and the Fordiners took all the jobs etc.

Having lived abroad for over 5 years in supposedly progressive tolerant societies like Holland and GERMANY i have had racism thrown at me miss a days work in tehse places even if yoru arm got chopped off and they would say you were drinking.

Just skimmed through what supposedly Norris said and it would put peopel off voting for him
                                                                                                    can you imagine him going to the middle east didnt Mcaleese go to Saudi Arabia
                                                                                                    being gay there not much fun and from abusiness point of view wouldnt be good.

Michael D is abit mad too but very likeable Norris himself once said he was with his partner and got dogs abuse off Eastern europeans as he was walking down the street

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                      Going to play some freeroll tournie in The Jackpot that I didnt even realise I qualified for until somebody mentioned it to me for some IO side event tickets, not running super hot pokerwise the last while but fingers crossed I can bink something, El Tren please guide me
                                                                                                      Busted there a little while ago 88 can't hold against K10, King on the river

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                        The Greek comment was silly but it was probably said in his usual nutty professor style and I'd imagine the focus of the comment in context was on his desire as a younger gay man to have someone help him through his younger days, said (I have little doubt) with a laugh and a wink. The same way a heterosexual man might say the same thing about being a young man and having an adult woman show them the ropes.

It's not an intelligent comment by any stretch but I'd imagine it was totally innocuous in context.

Also, what do you mean by "not befitting a Presidential candidate"? The President has exactly 2 Constitutional duties and other than that they do what the Government tells them. Just because you and I grew up in the shadow of a President who ignored that convention (Robinson obv) doesn't mean the job is anything more than that.

If he is capable of questioning the constitutionality of a law (he is) and if he is capable of signing his name when asked to do so (he is) and if he is over 35 (he is) then he is perfectly qualified to be the President. After that it's all just smoke, mirrors and nonsense. The Park is a political backwater with no authority whatsoever and only 1 real power. You want Presidential/Executive politics go to America. We are a Legislative democracy.
                                                                                                        Thanks, mostly for saying what I would not be not be capable of saying (just proved it there with that sentence)
                                                                                                        Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        Norris' sexuality would always be the 1st thing mentioned no matter what he did.
                                                                                                        I'd imagine his Joycean interests will be the first thing mentioned. Probably more offensive to most people than homosexuality
                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I agree that could have been the context and I recently made the same comparison on boards, that some hetroseuxal men may say they wished they had such a relationship with a woman when he were a boy, wink wink nudge nudge, wahheyyy.
                                                                                                            It's just as immature and retarded a statement to me regardless of whether the person is hetrosexual or homosexual. A 11/12/13/14 year old child having a sexual relationship with a (bat shit crazy) grown woman is not a good situation.

If he is capable of questioning the constitutionality of a law (he is) and if he is capable of signing his name when asked to do so (he is) and if he is over 35 (he is) then he is perfectly qualified to be the President.
                                                                                                            By befitting (and I didn't question whether he was qualified), I mean that I wouldn't vote for a presidential nominee that I think may be prone or likely to spew ridiculous and unhelpful shite, regardless of them being over 35, able to sign their name and capable of questioning the constitution.
                                                                                                            I think it's possible to find someone who can capable of the latter and not the former.

After that it's all just smoke, mirrors and nonsense. The Park is a political backwater with no authority whatsoever and only 1 real power. You want Presidential/Executive politics go to America. We are a Legislative democracy.
                                                                                                            No I didn't say that's what I wanted.

Also, as an aside, I think it is pretty ridiculous that I have nearly reached the age of 30 and still haven't had an option of voting in a presidential election in this country. Allowing anyone to run uncontested for a term (seven year terms at that) is a joke.

Comment

ldo

Comment

Kinda funny thinking back on the only time I met Mr Norris. It was at a GLB meeting in DIT Kevin St.

Probably shouldn't commit these remembrances to print
                                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                                Remember Stephen Gatley was there (as a member was boning him at the time). It was only after he died that I realized he was seriously underage at the time.

Back when everything was illegal, it really didn't seem to be such a big deal tbh.
                                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Jack Wilshere- young player of the year and Gareth Bale- player of the year.

WTF?

Comment

ldo
                                                                                                                      When I was watching the end of the Butterball hotline scene I was thinking Norris is probably the closest thing we have to Bartlet!

Comment

Is Fergus Finlay going to run? He'd be a better candidate than either DN or Micheál Twee.
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X