Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kayroo going for the last ever poker forum POTD on boards? 1 thanks away from it now

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
      Kayroo going for the last ever poker forum POTD on boards? 1 thanks away from it now
      not any more

thanks for PM

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
        Alrite lads, first post good luck with it.
        Im looking for some bus protocol. Lets say your sitting beside someone on the outside seat and as the bus is travelling well into its journey its beginning to just boil down to just a very small few left on the bus. Is the protocol to sit on another seat as early as one becomes available or when is the right time?. Is it ok to stay sitting there even though just about every seat is free now?. Im not really a seat mover but i felt the heat of the situation this evening it being a young asian schoolgirl, it just seems a bit rude to get up and move to another seat, but im not sure if she was funking "gtfo gtfo".
        Key point here....How young?*

*Should be secondary school or move directly to Willy's post

Comment

BBV help
          I consider myself fairly adept at most things techy but this has me stumped.
          I recently had my PC infected by all sorts of trojans and have cleaned them all but I think some damage has been done.
          When using Firefox/Opera/IE, after about an hour I lose internet connection. It wont come back until I restart.
          IPCONFIG /all shows that my lease expires one hour after startup, however, if I boot into Safe Mode with networking my connection doesn't fall over. I've a sneaking suspicion that it may be a Zone alarm/Windows update issue as after I cleaned the PC, I installed updates and thats when I noticed it.

I know this seems a little all over the place but I'm honestly at me wits end.
          SuperAntispyware, Malwarebytes, AVG are all giving me the all clear but I still lose HTTP connection (other services seem ok, P2P, IM etc)
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Kev, pm sent about the cousins list

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              I've changed that to 20000 especially for that post. No excuses now.
              Also Trippie get your avatar sorted before someone else steals it.

(we need a sly whistling smiley type, Homer'esk style)

Comment

Really like this site guys, good work. I was totally fed up of boards.ie.

Comment

Originally posted by bops View Post
                  why am i here??

cliffnotes? it is coz of LL. or some other issue/s?

soz, but i'm a bit outta the loop

btw mrs bops is up the duff again - there's another 100k bad beat - fml

gl gl
                  Would that be a Killarney baby Bops? Congrats on the news

Comment

Originally posted by The_Chopper View Post
                    Really like this site guys, good work. I was totally fed up of boards.ie.
                    its almost the exact same

Comment

best of luck with the new site - enjoying it already

Comment

Alrite lads, first post good luck with it.
                        Im looking for some bus protocol. Lets say your sitting beside someone on the outside seat and as the bus is travelling well into its journey its beginning to just boil down to just a very small few left on the bus. Is the protocol to sit on another seat as early as one becomes available or when is the right time?. Is it ok to stay sitting there even though just about every seat is free now?. Im not really a seat mover but i felt the heat of the situation this evening it being a young asian schoolgirl, it just seems a bit rude to get up and move to another seat, but im not sure if she was funking "gtfo gtfo".

Yes, as soon as a seat becomes free you should sit in it. Nothing worse then having someone sit next to you when there's seats free. I've in gotten up myself when I'm on the inside just to move to an empty seat because the person next to me didn't move. To be honest if I was on your bus and you stayed seating beside a schoolgirl when the bus was empty I'd think you're a creep. Can't stand people who stay beside me when there are empty seat and "gtfo" continuously runs through my head while it's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                          its almost the exact same
                          But its not Boards. If that secret lolocaust forum can break away and be a succes this place can be a big success.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                            Yes, as soon as a seat becomes free you should sit in it. Nothing worse then having someone sit next to you when there's seats free. I've in gotten up myself when I'm on the inside just to move to an empty seat because the person next to me didn't move. To be honest if I was on your bus and you stayed seating beside a schoolgirl when the bus was empty I'd think you're a creep. Can't stand people who stay beside me when there are empty seat and "gtfo" continuously runs through my head while it's happening.
                            Think im going to stand in future!. You see lets say i moved as soon as a seat becomes available and them some big auld one with a load of shopping bags who gets on next stop sat beside me then im shortsided because now im on the inside with less room and will be needing to get out soon.

Comment

2+2 BBV thread: Cyber sex on PokerStars

Comment

Comment

Think im going to stand in future!. You see lets say i moved as soon as a seat becomes available and them some big auld one with a load of shopping bags who gets on next stop sat beside me then im shortsided because now im on the inside with less room and will be needing to get out soon.

Tell him there's a seat next to a hot asian schoolgirl a few rows down and you'll be grand. If there is only one empty seat I wouldn't always grab it, but in the situation you described where there is a go few I think it's a must that you should move. Obviously if there's a few free you won't get caught out with someone sitting beside you.

Comment

I wouldn't move when the first seat becomes available because then the person on the inside would think you wanted to desperately get away from them (or perhaps they really do smell). When there's a good few free rows, then it's your moment to move seats and when you find a seat, do a lot of a stretching to show that you really appreciate the extra space. If you think the other person is watching, casually yawn and they'll follow suit (a ludicrously contagious instinctive response) and suddenly come to appreciate that extra space that you've now afforded them.

Comment

Any decent film recommendations to watch? nothing too labouring, a good comedy would do.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                        Post is too long for here as max 10,000 characters so not sure if ill put it up
                                        Split it into two Gordon!!

10,000 characters is a standard allowance btw.
                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                          not any more

thanks for PM
                                          Eh...let's keep it going there lads. I'm a tad behind now
                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Fcuk me what a day....Thanks to which ever one of our blessed leaders who named this spot IrishPOKERboards i had to work all day without feck all distractions because anything ta d o with poker is blocked out in work.
                                            End of rant.
                                            Anyways best of luck with this site guys i`m sure it will be a major success and its Boards.ie`s loss.
                                            "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              BBV help
                                              I recently had my PC infected by all sorts of trojans and have cleaned them all but I think some damage has been done.
                                              When using Firefox/Opera/IE, after about an hour I lose internet connection. It wont come back until I restart.
                                              IPCONFIG /all shows that my lease expires one hour after startup, however, if I boot into Safe Mode with networking my connection doesn't fall over. I've a sneaking suspicion that it may be a Zone alarm/Windows update issue as after I cleaned the PC, I installed updates and thats when I noticed it.

SuperAntispyware, Malwarebytes, AVG are all giving me the all clear but I still lose HTTP connection (other services seem ok, P2P, IM etc)
                                              Fresh install of the OS might be the easiest thing and save you alot of hassle?
                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Forgetting sarah marshall is pretty funny Fran, with Mila Kounas giving you adequate pervage if you get bored of the film itself
                                                GAA News Website

Comment

By the way can we get a priest in here ta bless the gaff so that the curse can feckin stay on the other thread
                                                  "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

When you look at the front page and it shows latest threads with the number of views/post in each, considering the the short lifespan on here so far it really hits home what an incredibly active community/forum this is.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                      Eh...let's keep it going there lads. I'm a tad behind now
                                                      And back in the lead. Keep it going lads.

Gotta love it that this thread already has the power to do whatever it wants

Comment

BBV help

Isn't the timing of the lease a router setting, maybe they did something there?
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

1st -> 2000th post

Wellse wellse wells

Whats all this lark
                                                          Over the xmas with the coming change of the times I noticed my post count was getting a bit high, I also notice my collection of books/gym membership/list of things to do with my life is gathering dust.

So I decide to spend less time on the interweb and cut out using forums/msg boards etc (oooh and read the books et all)

So far so good;
                                                          well my only new years resolution unbroken was not posting on boards
                                                          using the device of sticking myself on 1999 posts
                                                          in a moment of weakness i browse over the auld bookmark today to see the place in a state of chassis

AND then ye do this!
                                                          some shower of gobsheens it must be said!
                                                          Will someone think of the overgrown children

Yer all fecksheens, if it all falls apart now if anyone asks, its yer fault my life is a mess!

Im sure i was missed (if even remembered)

1. and hopefully not counting

ps. good luck with it lads and ladetts, site looks nice

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                            Fresh install of the OS might be the easiest thing and save you alot of hassle?
                                                            probably but that seems kinda like cheating to me.
                                                            I dont like not being able to figure these things out.
                                                            I've reset the TCP/IP with
                                                            netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
                                                            so hopefully that should help
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                              By the way can we get a priest in here ta bless the gaff so that the curse can feckin stay on the other thread
                                                              OK, I officially petition everyone to drop the "Curse" thing.

For a group of people who routinely dismiss the idea of luck in poker it's just weird. Not even post-modern whimsy, just fucking weird.

Comment

probably but that seems kinda like cheating to me.
                                                                I dont like not being able to figure these things out.
                                                                I've reset the TCP/IP with
                                                                netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
                                                                so hopefully that should help
                                                                Ah your a stubborn aul soul.

Comment

OK, I officially petition everyone to drop the "Curse" thing.

For a group of people who routinely dismiss the idea of luck in poker it's just weird. Not even post-modern whimsy, just fucking weird.
                                                                  I was one of the main culprits for the curse carry on, and I agree. New thread title to reflect the new start

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                    Forgetting sarah marshall is pretty funny Fran, with Mila Kounas giving you adequate pervage if you get bored of the film itself
                                                                    Seen it a while back, right about the pervage Donal

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                                      Seen it a while back, right about the pervage Donal
                                                                      There's a scene where she's in a white shirt and it's the sexiest thing I've ever seen. Genuinely don't really bother with drooling over women in movies etc but my God she is sensational.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                        When you look at the front page and it shows latest threads with the number of views/post in each, considering the the short lifespan on here so far it really hits home what an incredibly active community/forum this is.

Opr
                                                                        You made my day when you posted that thing about Breaking Bad last week OPR.

I posted a big Wow after watching the last episode but not a completely satisfied one. I was more or less speechless when I was finished and a bit shocked that they could end the series on such a cliffhanger with so many loose ends I clicked the link you posted about the Season two finale and luckily the first thing I saw on the page was 'Episode 13 of Breaking Bad' ... I wonder how long it would have taken for me to figure out that I had only downloaded 12 out of the 13 episodes in the series. Doh!

I didn't read the story you linked to but the minute I saw what yer mans job was I remembered the story behind it and knew what was in store.
                                                                        Great finale, and they have it well set up for the next series.
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

A welcome to one and all imo

Comment

For good measure

Comment

There's a scene where she's in a white shirt and it's the sexiest thing I've ever seen. Genuinely don't really bother with drooling over women in movies etc but my God she is sensational.
                                                                              first time he walked in reception of the hotel - WOW, just stunning! agree completely Keith!
                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

A story got relayed to me about how a guys aunt thought that LOL standed for Lots of Love.
                                                                                Not quite as bad, but in my first few months playing online I thought 'yw' meant 'you wanker'. Somebody would say 'nice hand', followed by 'ty', only to be rebuffed with 'you wanker'. Had me confused for months.
                                                                                Last edited by ComradeCollie; 25-01-10, 21:43.
                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

An unusual one for me is the first time Jennifer Connolly turns around at the window in "A Beautiful Mind".

No idea why but she just looks absolutely unbelievable in that shot.

Glad to see you have taste Donal

Comment

I would use Mila Kunis's shite for toothpaste....

Comment

first time he walked in reception of the hotel - WOW, just stunning! agree completely Keith!
                                                                                      You are talking about:

And not:

Right???????

Comment

Anyone have a link for the golf? Can't find one. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                          Split it into two Gordon!!

10,000 characters is a standard allowance btw.
                                                                                          Going to relaunch the blog and have that as the first post as not arsed splitting it up and then putting the pics on image shack.

Trying to upload a video of the cowboy cheerleaders as well but taking a while

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                            Going to relaunch the blog and have that as the first post as not arsed splitting it up and then putting the pics on image shack
                                                                                            Come on man, give the new place the effort.

Comment

FT Million Dollar Cash Game on SS4 now - more Mouly magic

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                Anyone have a link for the golf? Can't find one. Thanks

Comment

Whos the girl in the 2nd photo by Fuzzy?

Comment

Must say i'm a bit surprised at all the Kounas loving going on. She's pretty yea, but by no means a knockout, but then again maybe that's the attraction I suppose.

Edit: imo:

On another note, who the fuck allows some of the tripe comedy on RTÉ. Even the recorded audience aren't laughing at half the crap and they are probably being prompted to laugh the whole time! Absolutely awful!
                                                                                                    Last edited by Rufio; 25-01-10, 22:12.
                                                                                                    Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                      Whos the girl in the 2nd photo by Fuzzy?

Francoise Boufhal
                                                                                                      Last edited by KevIRL; 25-01-10, 22:20. Reason: closed tags

Comment

Lol at Mouly loosing all the loot there with KJ

Comment

I'll test the BBV curse removal now...I'm about to play a huge winning session, now we just play the waiting game, I wont even bother thinking during hands I'll just click random buttons to ensure maximum variance
                                                                                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Fuzzy Logic, brand new or just new name? + Sledgejammer?

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                                                              lol that is brillant, loved this bit also quoted on the page

"carol_claims: I want to dream about you
                                                                                                              gprv: please do
                                                                                                              carol_claims: I can't because I've never seen you
                                                                                                              carol_claims: don't know how to picture you in my dreams"
                                                                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

I wonder will i look back at my first hundred posts here in 2 years time the same as i did with boards and wonder what i was thinking.
                                                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                                                                                  Lol at Mouly loosing all the loot there with KJ
                                                                                                                  Thank God for Sky Player, girlfriend was watching Charlie Bird!!. Great stuff from Mouly there. Great bet from Dwan, there wasn't a chance Mouly was folding. When I'm playing French fish online I often wonder what these guys are like. Now I know

Comment

aka Lurker1977

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                                      I'll test the BBV curse removal now...I'm about to play a huge winning session, now we just play the waiting game, I wont even bother thinking during hands I'll just click random buttons to ensure maximum variance
                                                                                                                      I know you obv won't need it but GL
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

What's all this sh1te then?

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                                                                          aka Lurker1977
                                                                                                                          Ah i see, i will now refer to you as Lurker Fuzzy Logic 1977 should of guessed by the pics.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X