X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    gone in 6th for $1060 or so

Full Tilt Poker Game #17943652764: $18,000 Guarantee (Rebuy) (135277518), Table 11 - 2500/5000 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 22:59:36 ET - 2010/01/26
    Seat 1: BigNittyBanker (38,358)
    Seat 2: PotSucKeR7 (146,294)
    Seat 4: haze5 (470,101)
    Seat 5: Freefly23 (160,160)
    Seat 8: Hoisin (44,278)
    Seat 9: JUMP PUTT (165,309)
    BigNittyBanker posts the small blind of 2,500
    PotSucKeR7 posts the big blind of 5,000
    The button is in seat #9
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to BigNittyBanker [As Ah Qs 2d]
    haze5 folds
    Freefly23 folds
    Hoisin folds
    JUMP PUTT has 15 seconds left to act
    JUMP PUTT raises to 15,000
    BigNittyBanker raises to 38,358, and is all in
    PotSucKeR7 folds
    JUMP PUTT has 15 seconds left to act
    JUMP PUTT calls 23,358
    BigNittyBanker shows [As Ah Qs 2d]
    JUMP PUTT shows [Kh 5s 7d Js]
    *** FLOP *** [Jd 7s 4s]
    *** TURN *** [Jd 7s 4s] [3c]
    *** RIVER *** [Jd 7s 4s 3c] [2c]
    BigNittyBanker shows a pair of Aces
    JUMP PUTT shows two pair, Jacks and Sevens
    JUMP PUTT wins the pot (81,716) with two pair, Jacks and Sevens
    BigNittyBanker stands up
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 81,716 | Rake 0
    Board: [Jd 7s 4s 3c 2c]
    Seat 1: BigNittyBanker (small blind) showed [As Ah Qs 2d] and lost with a pair of Aces
    Seat 2: PotSucKeR7 (big blind) folded before the Flop
    Seat 4: haze5 didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 5: Freefly23 didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 8: Hoisin didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 9: JUMP PUTT (button) showed [Kh 5s 7d Js] and won (81,716) with two pair, Jacks and Sevens
    I was playing that lad who KO'd you in an NL mtt earlier and looked him up because he was playing wierd pre, but really well post-flop. I see he ended up winning it. He's running pretty good recently!
    It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
      I was playing that lad who KO'd you in an NL mtt earlier and looked him up because he was playing wierd pre, but really well post-flop. I see he ended up winning it. He's running pretty good recently!
      He ended up winning that $18k rebuy, looking at his stats the guy is on a tear! Some amount of profit!

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
        "Sure why can't they just get twisted in the pubs like they did in the good auld days". - Ulick McGee (Fianna Fail TD and Publican)

I tried salvia a couple of times. Mad indescribable high for 1 min then 10-15 min with a cloudy head and your all set. One spin should be mandatory for everyone on the new BBV IMO.
        hmmm, not anything close to trips then. might have to give it a pop anyway since i can rarely get my hands on any.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          are they so awesome that you've forgotten the English language?
          I'm intrigued as to what I did wrong. Should I not curse? Is it the missing '?

Comment

Fed is playing terribly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

You miss spelled amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                Fed is playing terribly.
                Normal service is resumed.

Comment

Battery life on the itouch is the nuts.

Jumped on the bus back to Dublin from Letterkenny at 1.45 this morn, pulled out the itouch and was horrified to see it on the last legs and giving me the message "less than 10% battery left". Was sure i was going to have to listen to a load of Drunken Spanish clowns.

Walked into work at 6.30am and itouch still going strong despite almost 5 hours continued use.

On a side note, as i was walking in, some crazy bastard in shorts and a t-shirt jogged past me....nutjob

Comment

Blimey. Anyone care to give me a brief synopsis of the last 55 pages? Just the important bits. I'll read through the lot at some point...when the internet provider in our area agrees to ring me about their dodgy service of late. Sigh.
                    Last edited by Laxie; 27-01-10, 08:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Laxie View Post
                      Blimey. Anyone care to give me a brief synopsis of the last 55 pages? Just the important bits. I'll read through the lot at some point...when the internet provider in our area agrees to ring me about their dodgy service of late. Sigh.
                      Points of interest: 100 posts per page = 12 pages
                      Everything else is just normal. Nothing of particular importance other than Emmets impressive knowledge of all drugs.

Comment

<puts on KevIRL hat>

Ive watched two absolutely fantastic french films over the last two days. The Prophet and Mesrine: Killer Instinct. (pt 1). Both are f*cking amasing. Do yourself a favor and watch them. The prophet is a prison crime drama, and Mesrine is a spralling crime epic.
                        <removes KevIRL hat, has nasty itch>
                        Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 27-01-10, 09:42. Reason: found some more!
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                          Battery life on the itouch is the nuts.

Jumped on the bus back to Dublin from Letterkenny at 1.45 this morn, pulled out the itouch and was horrified to see it on the last legs and giving me the message "less than 10% battery left". Was sure i was going to have to listen to a load of Drunken Spanish clowns.

Walked into work at 6.30am and itouch still going strong despite almost 5 hours continued use.

On a side note, as i was walking in, some crazy bastard in shorts and a t-shirt jogged past me....nutjob
                          That is some hardcore travelling working listening to music dedication type stuff Tony. Also a 1.45am bus can't be safe, what kind of person takes a bus at 1.45am on a Wednesday morning

Comment

who do markets on this bubbleking? PP\Boyles??

(never had a bet on bogball in my life to date)

edit; bubbleking? post disappeared? peyote kicking in imo
                            Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 27-01-10, 09:46.

Comment

put it in the Betting thread - didnt mean to post it here. Most Irish Bookies have them but id say PP is your best bet. - Markets for sundays games usually open wed night/ thurs morning

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                That is some hardcore travelling working listening to music dedication type stuff Tony. Also a 1.45am bus can't be safe, what kind of person takes a bus at 1.45am on a Wednesday morning
                                The kind of person that's in work at 7am!

The earlier bus is 7.45pm and i dont like getting that, so it's my usual option. I need music to travel that distance. I forgot it once, and it was hell...it's the first thing on my checklist. From now on, i'll also check to make sure it's charged!!

Comment

Back to civilization after a week, I feel like a leper walking around the workplace as people are avoiding me.

Comment

Is it just me, or does Senderos always look like someone has just asked him to divide 33628 by 29..

Comment

What's the policy on holding the door for someone in the workplace? My buffer zone is about 5 feet and anything more results in giving the door a shove which sometimes results in the door hitting the hinge and closing quicker then expected. I think I'm coming across arogant as I never look behind when holding or shoving the door.
                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

flushdraw, you'll have everybody trying to work it out now.

(remember big brother is watching, no calculators allowed).

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                          What's the policy on holding the door for someone in the workplace? My buffer zone is about 5 feet and anything more results in giving the door a shove which sometimes results in the door hitting the hinge and closing quicker then expected. I think I'm coming across arogant as I never look behind when holding or shoving the door.
                                          My policy on this is to hold it if they are anywhere near. Some people though tend to start to run if they see someone holding the door for them which I have never understood. If someone is holding the door for me from a long way off then it is their problem if they have to wait for me to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                            going to see him here in dallas in a few weeks. cannot wait.
                                            Nice, saw him in The Point a couple of years back and was fantastic. It's a must to get into mosh pit or as close to front as possible i find at hip hop gigs tho

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Avatar breaks record for most money taken in.

Do cinema companies pay a set price to distributors or are they charged per person viewing the release? Would Cameron be on a set salary or % based?

Anyone know how this works?

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 27-01-10, 11:12.

Comment

Mods,

Is there any way you can be brought to the end of the thread instead of the 1st page of the thread when you click on the 'latest posts' on the home page?

Also can you get the function as an option?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                        tl;dr Kerry = Irish equiv of Alabama
                                                        FYP

(see recent Listowel rape case)

careca excepted

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                          Your instincts are good

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpKr-nsuHV8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpKr-nsuHV8[/ame]

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                              Mods,

Is there any way you can be brought to the end of the thread instead of the 1st page of the thread when you click on the 'latest posts' on the home page?

Also can you get the function as an option?
                                                              On the table thing yep, I've found a thing to do it and will get it done this evening when I get home. On the other thing I doubt it as it is an installed hack (not part of vBulletin) but I will look around for it.

Comment

Is that the first thing or the second thing.

Comment

A male patient is lying in bed in the hospital, wearing an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose,

still heavily sedated from a difficult four hour surgical procedure .

A young student nurse appears to give him a partial sponge bath.

Nurse,' he mumbles, from behind the mask 'Are my testicles black?' Embarrassed, the young nurse replies

'I don't know, Sir. I'm only here to wash your upper body.'

He struggles to ask again, 'Nurse, are my testicles black?'

Concerned that he may elevate his vitals from worry about his testicles, she overcomes her

embarrassment and sheepishly pulls back the covers. She raises his gown, holds his penis in one hand and his

testicles in the other, lifting and moving them

around and around gently.. Then, she takes a close look and says, 'No sir, they aren't and I assure

you, there's nothing wrong with them, Sir !!' The man pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her and

says very slowly, 'Thank you very much. That was wonderful, but listen very, very closely.

' A r e - m y - t e s t - r e s u l t s -b a c k?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                    Woah the chick who presents The Real Hustle is amazing
                                                                    [NSFW=Jessica-Jane Clement]

[IMG]
                                                                    [/nsfw]

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                      FYP

(see recent Listowel rape case)

careca excepted
                                                                      LOL. I was just gonna post about easing up on us poor Kerry lads !!

Not sure if I posted this before.

Two dublin lads are about to open a new shop and they are working late putting up the shelves. One says to the other "I bet you some thick Culchie will walk by and ask us what we are selling". Sure enough, two mins later a Kerry lad sticks his head against the glass and says "What are ye selling".
                                                                      "Arseholes" replies one of the dubs.
                                                                      "Doing well", says the Kerryman, "only two left".

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                        Is that the first thing or the second thing.
                                                                        That's the thing, not the other thing. Bad-a-bing?

Comment

Originally posted by dangerousdavid View Post
                                                                          [NSFW=Jessica-Jane Clement[/nsfw]
                                                                          Lucky lollipop

Comment

Read before that almost 100% of after-tax ticket price on new high profile movies goes to the film distributors, and the cinema only makes money from popcorn / drinks sales.

EDIT: interesting article from Slate on this here

Cameron must be so pleased to have beaten the previous record holder for highest grossing movie

The rights to show movies in a cinema is governed by a film rental contract - film distributors will receive a percentage of gross box office revenues, which percentage typically rises for higher levels of sales. The minimum percentage paid to distributors is 25% but this increases in line with box office performance. Movies that gross more than €10mm are subject to special terms agreements, where fixed percentages are agreed in advance for the first three to four week of a film's release before defaulting to the standard 25%.
                                                                            No Sig To See Here

Comment

Testing:

Edit: Cool it works.

Usage, except for the } at the end instead of ]

[table="head"]head col1|head col2|head col3
                                                                              row1 col1|row1 col2|row1 col3
                                                                              row2 col1|row2 col2|row2 col3[/table}

Comment

Read before that almost 100% of after-tax ticket price on new high profile movies goes to the film distributors, and the cinema only makes money from popcorn / drinks sales.

EDIT: interesting article from Slate on this here

Cameron must be so pleased to have beaten the previous record holder for highest grossing movie

Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group, the largest cinema exhibitor outside the US generates 67% of revenues from box office receipts, 23% from retial (popcorn etc), 5% from screen advertising and 5% from other (gaming / arcades etc).

.
                                                                                No Sig To See Here

Comment

...
                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 27-01-10, 12:33.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerousdavid View Post
                                                                                    [NSFW=Jessica-Jane Clement]

[IMG]
                                                                                    [/nsfw]
                                                                                    Ahh i remember one of my older posts on the other site...

Originally posted by Flushdraw
                                                                                    Havent seen The Real Hustle in a while and forgot how sexy Jess is..

[NSFW=Jess Clement][

[/nsfw]

Comment

Would it be fair to say though that while they generate a lot of revenue from box office, they generate the actual profit from retail?

EDIT: hadn't seen your original post - interesting stuff.
                                                                                      Box Office gross margin is 59% and retail gross margin is 79% so your thinking is right that retail is almost all gross profit (4/5ths anyway) but still, 59% of the profit is made from box office receipts.
                                                                                      Last edited by pocketdooz; 27-01-10, 12:41. Reason: why do I always spell Retail wrong?
                                                                                      No Sig To See Here

Comment

Would it be fair to say though that while they generate a lot of revenue from box office, they generate the actual profit from retail?

EDIT: hadn't seen your original post - interesting stuff.
                                                                                        I believe the older and less popular the film is the more % revenue the cinema gets. It's a weird system.
                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                          I believe the older and less popular the film is the more % revenue the cinema gets. It's a weird system.

I thought it was staggered i.e. week 1 distributer gets 90%, cinema 10%, week 2 80% 20%, etc

Comment

LOL women

edit: bah smurph had a "test" post

Comment

Originally posted by FilthyMonk View Post
                                                                                              Its Ballinalard Transport. The nephew drives for them at the moment until something better comes along. Maybe email RTE for a copy of said program?

Congrats on the new site guys i can see it will be a success. Was purely a lurker on the other one. I ll be sure to contribute to this one whenever i can
                                                                                              BBV works!

Also how do i get 100 posts per page???

Comment

Oh, Novak Djokovic is taking another sickie in a big match.

Comment

Originally posted by MrStuffins View Post

Ive played with her a few times here in Berlin. She seems to play qute well as far as I could see and is certainly striking looking.

Comment

Q for the BBV, actually cork people might prove useful in this one!

I'm driving to Cashel tomorrow from dublin, haven't been past Naas in like a year so was just wondering if i have to worry about any New toll roads????

thank you

Also is PL a full mod now????? if so con grats

Comment

Wow, didn't know any of this stuff was going on. So is this going to actually kill the boards poker thread?
                                                                                                      I did notice that there wasn't much posting going on the last few days, so looks like it will.

Well best of luck to ye guys. I'll start posting here now anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                        BBV works!

Also how do i get 100 posts per page???
                                                                                                        There is a setting on this page for number of posts per page.

Comment

Actually this could well be the best place for this question. I still intend to use my boards account,and indeed the poker forum a little,but I dont know the email adress from which I set my account up. Has that been sorted out yet? Is there anyway I can get my old account operational again?

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                            Actually this could well be the best place for this question. I still intend to use my boards account,and indeed the poker forum a little,but I dont know the email adress from which I set my account up. Has that been sorted out yet? Is there anyway I can get my old account operational again?
                                                                                                            Sam, I believe instructions on how to be reunited with your old boards ac are on the helpdesk on Boards now (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055811078)

Comment

Originally posted by pocketdooz View Post
                                                                                                              Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group, the largest cinema exhibitor outside the US generates 67% of revenues from box office receipts, 23% from retial (popcorn etc), 5% from screen advertising and 5% from other (gaming / arcades etc).

.
                                                                                                              Its probably fair to say though that a chain like Odeon, with the power it has on the market, is able to negotiate a better deal with the film distributors than an independent cinema or small chain.

Comment

Regarding the sliding scale of percentages. I will give an example from experience.

Movies@ Dundrum showed "The Queen" and also "The Last King of Scotland" for over 18 weeks each, in fact, Last King was on show for almost 5 months.
                                                                                                                Within the first 2/3 weeks of the release, 55% of the ticket price was sent to the distributors, this included complimentary tickets, discounted tickets also.
                                                                                                                from weeks 4-8 the percentage lowered to ~ 40%
                                                                                                                Weeks 8-12 ~ 30%
                                                                                                                etc

The last showing of Last King of Scotland in Movies@ was one of its most profitable, as the film was still selling out months later and also was one of the last films of the evening to be shown, so people would pick it if their film was sold out.

With Margins on retail, the most incredible figure I saw on this was on the Slush Puppees within the cinema. One 5l jug of "pre mix" makes 30l of slush, 125ml for a small, 200ml for a large. 150 large slushies from one jug = €300 sales price. The slush mix, cups, straws, work out at about €35 for those. The machines are provided free by the slushee manufacturers.

Cinema's are very interesting in the way that they're actually a "front" for another business. Similar to 11811, the thing that they advertise isn't what they're trying to sell, 11811 wants to charge you the "connect" fee, and cinema's want to charge you for their sweets!

EDIT: Blockbusters such as Avatar may have a different percentage scale, these scales are always negotiated independently with the distributors.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Emmet; 27-01-10, 14:30.

Comment

is the price of the tickets built into the agreements?

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                                    is the price of the tickets built into the agreements?
                                                                                                                    Yes, for instance, a cinema that charges 5e a ticket would still be asked to contribute ~4e a head, same as a cinema that charges €9 per ticket.

Cinemas sometimes don't get films in, as they are being asked to give up too much of a percentage. Sometimes films will come in purely because they have been offered them at such a low percentage.

I can only speak for the cinema I worked in though. That was how it was handled.

Comment

I've never liked Peterborough chairman Darragh McAnthony, he made his money selling off-the-plan apartments in Bulgaria and Hungary and Outer Mongolia to gullible fools. Was incredibly quick with a writ on some property forums as well at the height of the boom.
                                                                                                                      So I'm delighted to see him getting some flak from the Peterborough fans this year as his side languish at the bottom of the The Championship.

Interesting article where he has blamed all their problems on Darren Ferguson, players showing no passion, tapping up, internal disloyalty etc.

Comment

Ok so ive narrowed down my selection of online names to,

Silver Hammer
                                                                                                                        allinthegameyo
                                                                                                                        breakfastrollmanagement
                                                                                                                        Cpl Dwayne Hicks or Pvt Hudson
                                                                                                                        wwtdd

Now to pick one, what would you choose?
                                                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

how about "RomanticExplosions"?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X