• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
    FYP
    pfffft!

I thought we escaped from that kinda stuff over here

Comment

I fixed the grammar, but that's not what I highlighted...
      Im on a health kick, any carbs that hit the ground hit the bin

Discipline is the key to success

BEEFCAKE!!!

Comment

I dropped a Cream Cracker on the floor earlier on............

...... anyone wanna guess as to whether i ate it or not?

(Here's a clue, it was delicious)

Comment

I fixed the grammar, but that's not what I highlighted...
          <3 this post so much.

I've done that sooo many times over the years... it just feels wrong to post (even quote) bad grammar or a misspelling so you just autocorrect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
            <3 this post so much.

I've done that sooo many times over the years... it just feels wrong to post (even quote) bad grammar or a misspelling so you just autocorrect it.
            I'm not even fantastic at English or anything like that, it's just one of those things that you fix without even thinking.

For the record, I "corrected" mistakes in both posts I replied to

Comment

Epic stuff from the Winter Olympics.

Canada have never won a gold in the 2 previous games they held, Montreal in 76 and Calgary in 88 (how does Canada not win a gold in a winter olympics!)

Alexandre Bilodeau had cerebral palsy. He was told he would never walk again. He just won gold in the moguls and got the first gold for Canada.

National hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                1K would be 20 lengths of a 50m pool

The five duece hand was the best for me

There was some crazy shit going on in the SE last night. Three hands in particular that I remember went as follows although they were many, man more!

Player A limps in the cut off after a few limpers, Player B raises from the BB to the pot and gets a few callers including Player A. Player B leads at a flop of 628 rainbow for the pot, couple of folds, Player A calls. Turn of a 5 goes check/check. River comes a non flush 9. Player B checks again and Player A bets €100. Player B goes into the tank and says, 'Gonna have to call you' throws in €100 and flips over AKo. Clearly no good against a set of 8's!

Same player (player B) limps UTG for two, cut off raises to 12, Button calls 12, BB goes all in for 45, UTG calls 45, cut off calls 45, buton re-raises All in for 105, UTG calls 105, cut off calls 105, flop comes AJx rainbow, UTG checks, cut ships, UTG folds A10s - cuf off scoops the pot with AQ. BB didn't show and button had QQ.

Cut off raises to 10, SB (Player B & UTG in above two hands) calls 10 and I (in BB) call with AdJd, two other limps callers.

Flop of 4x8d9d, checked around to cut off who bets 30, SB calls, I call, two folds, turn is 10d, SB leads for 85, I re-raise all in for about 250, cut off folds and SB calls farily quickly with 7J of spades!
                Pure crazy stuff going down, what was the 52 hand again?
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                  loving the craic, you living in USA? prop bets are the business

if i were you id look into how much water in milk, can you piss the whole way throughout the trip?? presumably so . . . take diarretics - itl make you lose all the liquid in your body for a max of like three hours, so i think once your pissin the milk out, well as much as you can, then you should be able to do it

also i looked into this b4 about prop bets regarding eating - theres certain food types recommeneded to expand your stomach - cant think off hand, but as tommy gunne says, not eating before hand is terrible. get the exact details of the bet then go to town on research etc . . . id even drink it in a sauna, fully clothed, whilst pissing like crazy after doing whats needed to ensure the stomach expansion . . . if you can do all this (and tru research you think itl work) then book the shit out of the bet, and bring home the bacon
                  never prop betting with u again simple as !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Pairs' Figure Skating from Vancouver.

Love it!

The commentator said of the Russian couple "The score isn't a personal best but it's good enough to get 2nd place behind the Chinese"

They were second up to skate!

Comment

Ep4 of Spartacus was pretty good IMO

Comment

There is too many Chinese people in the world imo

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                            New Season of High Stakes Poker starts tonight at 1am our time.
                            Anyone know of any links to streams to watch it as it airs??

Strange lack of torrents about from what I can see.
                            Reviews are saying it's shit, stupid format changes.

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                            There is too many Chinese people in the world imo
                            Did you miss the memo?
                            They're a great bunch of lads!
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                              Strange lack of torrents about from what I can see.
                              Reviews are saying it's shit, stupid format changes.
                              What did they change

Comment

They got rid of AJ Benza and brought in Kara Scott.
                                She isn't co-commentating though, it's Gabe commentating by himself and her interviewing players.

Comment

She isn't co-commentating though, it's Gabe commentating by himself and her interviewing players.
                                  Oh no, that just sounds like a massive fail waiting to happen.
                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Yea, I really can do without some dollybird doing sh1t interviews ala Shana HiAce.
                                    I actually prefer player to camera - 'no interviewer' interviews.

And Gabe/Benza were a great combo, a lone commentator isn't as good.

Comment

Lone commentatarizor is pretty stupid, also, the fact that it's Gabe is worse

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeRCqUQGFek[/ame]

Andrew Feldman comes across as a serious gambler in this. Fullflush not so bad though

Comment

Originally posted by Dimoxinil View Post
                                          Isildur1 is back on FT at the moment

Sitting at 50/100 and100/200 HU tables at the moment.....
                                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Pretty sick bluff here by him

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                            Bat out of hell is a great song,
                                            Crying out loud is a great song,
                                            Paradise by the dashboard light is bit annoying,

meh 2 out of 3 ain't bad

I quite like this Meatloaf version

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RlPtsGnMeA&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Gonna be an interesting day, have my first consultation meeting this afternoon and the 30 day dance with death begins then. Mad to think that its 18 days after being told that my role is gone and I'm at risk before I finally get a meeting to discuss it and explore options.

From looking at the org charts and knowing broadly what vacancies there are I cant see there being much for me this time round though, so the meeting will also be about starting the process of trying to secure a better payout than the paltry one they are offering.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                Gonna be an interesting day, have my first consultation meeting this afternoon and the 30 day dance with death begins then. Mad to think that its 18 days after being told that my role is gone and I'm at risk before I finally get a meeting to discuss it and explore options.

From looking at the org charts and knowing broadly what vacancies there are I cant see there being much for me this time round though, so the meeting will also be about starting the process of trying to secure a better payout than the paltry one they are offering.
                                                good luck

have you any leverage with them at all? i.e. do you hold the corporate equivalent of the Third Secret of Fatima?
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

PayPal are looking for phone line sup's. PM me for more details.
                                                  Last edited by RasTa; 15-02-10, 10:07.
                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                    If by sick you mean retarded.
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Just back from a sunday night stay at city west. Took the woman there yesterday for valentines as a suprise! Have to say the service was great and i love going there!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                        Just back from a sunday night stay at city west. Took the woman there yesterday for valentines as a suprise! Have to say the service was great and i love going there!
                                                        You really are living the 'Hardy Bucks' dream aren't you.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          You really are living the 'Hardy Bucks' dream aren't you.
                                                          haha i know it's nothing special but she's 17 so she was impressed

Comment

<red rag to a bull>

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                              good luck

have you any leverage with them at all? i.e. do you hold the corporate equivalent of the Third Secret of Fatima?
                                                              I *may* have some leverage about the way this has been handled and the crappy way they have treated me and even my role since the last time this happened 10 months ago

Comment

If by sick you mean retarded.
                                                                Average stack was only like 60k at this point in the tourney and Blom had over 210k at the start of the hand with the guy munn having him covered. Safe enough to say they were bot top 20 in chips and in good shape. They then decide to play one of the most absurd pots that i thought only happened in live irish tourneys. The 450k pot with A7 and K2 ftw. Entertaining blow up
                                                                Last edited by AKQJ10; 15-02-10, 10:57.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                  PayPal are looking for phone line sup's. PM me for more details.
                                                                  Is this Dublin based Rasta? Stupid house has me very immobile.

Comment

Also Shadowless, drink low fat or no fat milk.
                                                                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

An absolute anti-StrewelPeter
                                                                      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                        Also Shadowless, drink low fat or no fat milk.
                                                                        and obviously video the event for our infantile amusement!

Comment

Nice, from F365

Bad News: No Nemanja Vidic
                                                                          Good News: 'Own Goal' Fit

Nemanja Vidic was expected to return against AC Milan tomorrow night but he failed to make the plane for the Champions League clash. Anderson was also left behind as it becomes clear that his United career is over. There's also no Ryan Giggs after he fractured his arm, but the good news is that ten-goal sensation 'Own Goal' WILL face Milan...

Comment

reasonable article in yesterday's Tribune about the George Lee thing

Comment

Is this Dublin based Rasta? Stupid house has me very immobile.

Indeed, in Blanchardstown. There are people traveling from Bray ffs to get here! One from Cavan as well.
                                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Where's hotspur when you need him?
                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

how to celebrate a win

I for one salute Mr Powell!

Comment

Thats very good, especially the point about Harney's struggle to actually get stuff done in Health.
                                                                                    Another point that people don't seem to get is that the little we knew of what Lee was actually declaring as his policies were IMO way off what Bruton / FG have declared and if we ignore NAMA actually much closer aligned to what Lenihan is actually doing in tackling spending.

Comment

how to celebrate a win

I for one salute Mr Powell!
                                                                                      he has the big heart

Comment

I want to see more articles about the fact that George Lee is a big spoilt brat of a child and most of his amazing musings are more common sense than anything else.

I also want someone to point out to his RTE mates that they should er... shut up!

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeRCqUQGFek

Andrew Feldman comes across as a serious gambler in this. Fullflush not so bad though
                                                                                          is the car a rental?

Comment

Thats very good, especially the point about Harney's struggle to actually get stuff done in Health.
                                                                                            yeah, I thought that was a good point too

I'm frequently defending Harney as the best politician in the Cabinet and was 100% serious in saying she'd be an ideal replacement for Lenihan

Comment

This column has long argued for reform of our political system. Power is overly concentrated at cabinet at the expense of the Dáil and our electoral system encourages TDs to concentrate on parish pump issues at the expense of legislating. The tightness of results it creates also has the effect of giving far too much power to minority vested interests at the expense of the common good. The system should be changed.
                                                                                              i keep saying this to people in college but they don't agree with me at all. to them irish politics is about knocking on doors, looking after your local interests and jackie healy rae is an exemplary td. tilts the hell out of me.

Comment

lol at Luke saying he has won between 5 and 10 million. Utter rubbish. Even when durrr was at his peak profit, he hadnt won that much.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                  i keep saying this to people in college but they don't agree with me at all. to them irish politics is about knocking on doors, looking after your local interests and jackie healy rae is an exemplary td. tilts the hell out of me.
                                                                                                  or Michael Lowry

list system imo

Comment

Season 6 of HSP is up on pokertube incase anyone missed the thread

Comment

Anyone able to recommend any good books on cash games.

Comment

Originally posted by pkaces View Post
                                                                                                        Anyone able to recommend any good books on cash games.
                                                                                                        Ryan Fee's free 6 max book supposed to be good

you should find it here somewhere
                                                                                                        The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the Web.

ryanfee.com seems to be down

Comment

According to the Indo here are some of the George Lees proposals which FG wouldn't adopt as policy.

• Mr Lee said the Government plan to reduce debt by 2014 would crucify the economy, and we should ignore our deficit in the short term.

• We should take the fight to Europe and claw back our economic-control instruments -- which include our own currency, the deficit, the ability to print our own money and setting our own interest rates.

• We should cut corporation tax to raise more money.

• We should introduce a stimulus package to help create jobs.

****
                                                                                                          So number 2 is effectively leaving the Euro, number 1 passes the buck 4 years down the line, number 3 pisses off our European colleagues a bit more (whilst not actually being that bad an idea) and number 4 is fairly meaningless drivel.

He is beginning to look less and less like The Messiah and more like a Monty Python caricature.

Comment

Bad weekend of near misses.

Wales Scotland to draw at 20 to 1. Poxy injury time try pipped it
                                                                                                            Duval to win the At@T at 40 to 1. Poxy birdie on the last hole pipped him
                                                                                                            Gimmeabreaks sure thing, Poxy pipped on the post in a driving finish agianst non other than A.P . Mcoy.

NO more gambols for me for a while I can't take any more pippings, despite the above I made a tiny profit thanks to Eagle eye on Friday Meh.

Although my tip for the matchplay this weekend is our own MElroy He will at least make the semi after his wee rest from his sore back. Is it the year of the Tiger now since Yesterday. Where is the tiger?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                              Season 6 of HSP is up on pokertube incase anyone missed the thread

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ed=1#post12205
                                                                                                              I'm nearly afraid to watch it after what The Rigger said earlier. One of my fav shows, not just as a poker show but tv show. I just hope they haven't ruined it.

'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                Bad weekend of near misses.

Wales Scotland to draw at 20 to 1. Poxy injury time try pipped it
                                                                                                                Duval to win the At@T at 40 to 1. Poxy birdie on the last hole pipped him
                                                                                                                Gimmeabreaks sure thing, Poxy pipped on the post in a driving finish agianst non other than A.P . Mcoy.

NO more gambols for me for a while I can't take any more pippings, despite the above I made a tiny profit thanks to Eagle eye on Friday Meh.

Although my tip for the matchplay this weekend is our own MElroy He will at least make the semi after his wee rest from his sore back. Is it the year of the Tiger now since Yesterday. Where is the tiger?
                                                                                                                I failed to win the Lotto

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                  According to the Indo here are some of the George Lees proposals which FG wouldn't adopt as policy.

• Mr Lee said the Government plan to reduce debt by 2014 would crucify the economy, and we should ignore our deficit in the short term.

• We should take the fight to Europe and claw back our economic-control instruments -- which include our own currency, the deficit, the ability to print our own money and setting our own interest rates.

• We should cut corporation tax to raise more money.

• We should introduce a stimulus package to help create jobs.

****
                                                                                                                  So number 2 is effectively leaving the Euro, number 1 passes the buck 4 years down the line, number 3 pisses off our European colleagues a bit more (whilst not actually being that bad an idea) and number 4 is fairly meaningless drivel.

He is beginning to look less and less like The Messiah and more like a Monty Python caricature.
                                                                                                                  LOL scrap my theory on his policies being more like Lenihan than Bruton. Probably more in line with Mary Lou McArmalite

Comment

weren't pipped though were you.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                                      I'm nearly afraid to watch it after what The Rigger said earlier. One of my fav shows, not just as a poker show but tv show. I just hope they haven't ruined it.
                                                                                                                      Stop that, you know as well as I do that you're gonna watch it

Step backwards, but still superior to all the other poker shows on tele imo

Comment

You must be doing it wrong

watch and learn:
                                                                                                                        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY-UXQi4E5c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY-UXQi4E5c[/ame]

Comment

I don't do the lotto that often, but whenever I do I keep thinking about what I'll buy, who I'll give some money to, where I'll take all my mates on a big pissup etc until the numbers are out.

Then I'm honestly a bit disappointed I don't ship the jackpot

Oh well, better focus a bit more in lectures I guess

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X