• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
    because I don't know how to play
    you could have been quartered, reasonable fold IMO

Comment

Originally posted by MrStuffins View Post
      to support i presume?
      cant hurt, if you can show by hh you called and software says you folded.
      This too shall pass.

Comment

to show my ignorance.

I thought I had been busted out by this hand.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
        Hi-Lo Omaha $250(BB) Poker Stars
        SB ($3,512)
        Hero ($3,686)
        UTG ($15,602)
        UTG+1 ($11,404)
        UTG+2 ($12,138)
        MP1 ($7,610)
        CO ($18,559)
        BTN ($5,593)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: Q:club: A:club: 6:club:

UTG calls $250, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $250, fold, SB calls $125, Hero checks

FLOP ($1,240) 7:spade: Q:spade: J:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $1,000, UTG raises to $3,000, CO folds, SB folds, Hero raises to $3,406 (AI), UTG calls $406

TURN ($8,052) 7:spade: Q:spade: J:club: 5:diamond:

RIVER ($8,052) 7:spade: Q:spade: J:club: 5:diamond: 4:diamond:

Hero shows A:spade: Q:club: A:club: 6:club:
        (Pre 64%, Flop 18.4%, Turn 10.0%)

UTG shows 4:spade: 7:diamond: 7:club: 3:heart:
        (Pre 36%, Flop 81.6%, Turn 90.0%)

Hero wins $4,026
        UTG wins $4,026

But obviously, I was good!

PLO is less confusing, and thats saying something!

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
          you could have been quartered, reasonable fold IMO
          I thought the same, but no fd on the board.
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Also the latest Modern Family (US) is very funny IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
              I thought the same, but no fd on the board.
              Doesn't matter he's not gonna win the hi with a pair of 7's, and so he's hoping to split the 3k in the pot by calling 2x it. If the other guy has A2 as well then he gets quartered.

Comment

cant hurt, if you can show by hh you called and software says you folded.
                If you're talking about a program to record my history i dont use any. (or am i wrong?)

Comment

to show my ignorance.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
                  Hi-Lo Omaha $250(BB) Poker Stars
                  SB ($3,512)
                  Hero ($3,686)
                  UTG ($15,602)
                  UTG+1 ($11,404)
                  UTG+2 ($12,138)
                  MP1 ($7,610)
                  CO ($18,559)
                  BTN ($5,593)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: Q:club: A:club: 6:club:

UTG calls $250, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $250, fold, SB calls $125, Hero checks

FLOP ($1,240) 7:spade: Q:spade: J:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $1,000, UTG raises to $3,000, CO folds, SB folds, Hero raises to $3,406 (AI), UTG calls $406

TURN ($8,052) 7:spade: Q:spade: J:club: 5:diamond:

Hero wins $4,026
                  UTG wins $4,026

You got the most from that imo, expect to be up against a lo draw. Pump it in PF to be sure...
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Also the latest Modern Family (US) is very funny IMO.
                    My mates keep telling me its rubbish.

Watched one last week and thought it was great (especially the dark haired father)

Edit: This guy Ty Burrell

Comment

If you're talking about a program to record my history i dont use any. (or am i wrong?)
                      They should be saved in a local folder, or esle you can request them by email. What client ?
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

They should be saved in a local folder, or esle you can request them by email. What client ?
                        Boylepoker

Comment

right, I'm approaching the bubble of this PLO8 tournament.

only about 18bbs left though.

Starting hands good?

AA23
                          AK25

Bad?

I'll figure out some more of the game tomorrow. ha

Comment

to show my ignorance.

Hero wins $4,026
                            UTG wins $4,026

I presume you know you won the low with your A6 compared to him not having a qualifying Low??

Comment

Doesn't matter he's not gonna win the hi with a pair of 7's, and so he's hoping to split the 3k in the pot by calling 2x it. If the other guy has A2 as well then he gets quartered.
                              Sb has Q 10 imo, willing to call and split it.
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

I presume you know you won the low with your A6 compared to him not having a qualifying Low??
                                yup, just about.

A nice runner runner basically.

with 12bbs left, I should be shoving any A2xx A3xx 23xx hands?

Comment

My mates keep telling me its rubbish.

Watched one last week and thought it was great (especially the dark haired father)

Edit: This guy Ty Burrell

Yeah he's my favourite character and yeah it's not getting love rom all sides and alot of people don't like it (BBV is largely negative towards it IIRC) so obviously it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think it's a great show.

Has anyone else been watching the first 3 episodes of Spartacus:
                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHxn8mTpAJU[/ame]

Comment

Ah well, busted there by AKK2 when I shoved JJ23.

I will definitely be playing that tournament nightly. I was 40 places off the money in a 800+ player tournament in a game I was utterly confused by.

Comment

Yeah he's my favourite character and yeah it's not getting love rom all sides and alot of people don't like it (BBV is largely negative towards it IIRC) so obviously it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think it's a great show.

Has anyone else been watching the first 3 episodes of Spartacus:
                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHxn8mTpAJU
                                      Seen the first 2, like it, in a hope it get "Romeish" kind of way.

Love Modern Family, fantastic light easy watch 22 mins, should be on 7 days a week so people could start their day with it and walk out of the house with a smile on their faces !
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

yup, just about.

A nice runner runner basically.

with 12bbs left, I should be shoving any A2xx A3xx 23xx hands?
                                        I'm VERY rusty on poker strategy especially NL omaha hi/lo MTT's but I'd presume yeah any good A2xx and also certainly any AAxx (with a semi-decent low draw) the thing to remember when shipping PF is you certainly want a chance to win a low pot, but also that there may not be a lo possible so you always need something with Hi potential

/cryptic semi crap advice

Comment

Seen the first 2, like it, in a hope it get "Romeish" kind of way.
                                          The third one is out, I was hoping for the same Rome type show, but I fear it'll never even come close to it, I'll keep watching it though cos I loved Gladiator, 300 and Rome, and since it's basically just a rip off of all 3 it's something I can get behind.

I do like the way they're starting to touch on the back stories of some of the other gladiators though, so IMO it does have some potential.

Comment

I'm VERY rusty on poker strategy especially NL omaha hi/lo MTT's but I'd presume yeah any good A2xx and also certainly any AAxx (with a semi-decent low draw) the thing to remember when shipping PF is you certainly want a chance to win a low pot, but also that there may not be a lo possible so you always need something with Hi potential

/cryptic semi crap advice
                                            So, you have never shipped/called A2 on a 78K board ?

edit, forget about the 9 10 kickers, pure lo call
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Ah well, busted there by AKK2 when I shoved JJ23.

I will definitely be playing that tournament nightly. I was 40 places off the money in a 800+ player tournament in a game I was utterly confused by.
                                              Well done, for next time though hands like JJ23 are really rubbish and should only be pushed if in LP and you're short.

It is a fun game though...

Comment

The third one is out, I was hoping for the same Rome type show, but I fear it'll never even come close to it, I'll keep watching it though cos I loved Gladiator, 300 and Rome, and since it's basically just a rip off of all 3 it's something I can get behind.

I do like the way they're starting to touch on the back stories of some of the other gladiators though, so IMO it does have some potential.

And whats her name, Zena, for a lady thats not in the spring of her youth...fantastic breasts, and a fine curve to her botty !!
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

And whats her name, Zena, for a lady thats not in the spring of her youth...fantastic breasts, and a fine curve to her botty !!
                                                  Oh yeah, I forgot about all the sex and full frontal nudity, another reason to stick with it ;p

Comment

Well done, for next time though hands like JJ23 are really rubbish and should only be pushed if in LP and you're short.

It is a fun game though...
                                                    was on BTN with 11bbs, I thought it was an ok shove. BB called.

Its not my first time playing Hi/Lo, its just my first time trying to figure out what was actually happening.

I drunkenly played a tournament in it the other week, thinking it was PLO. I got really annoyed at Pokerstars and almost sent them an e-mail when some retard split a pot with me when he had sweet fuck all.

Then I realised I'd regged for the wrong tournament...

Comment

F*ckin hell, Alien 3 is dire compared oto the first 2!

The CGI is really dodgy in places too.

Comment

Another sick (slightly retarded) bluff, skip to 8mins.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyMYMI2tDUk[/ame]
                                                        Last edited by BlkScholes55; 12-02-10, 03:02.

Comment

Originally posted by BlkScholes55 View Post
                                                          Another sick (slightly retarded) bluff,
                                                          "Nothing better than torturing Phil Helmuth"

Great start to the video.

Helmuth is some bollox

Comment

Originally posted by BlkScholes55 View Post
                                                            Another sick (slightly retarded) bluff, skip to 8mins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyMYMI2tDUk
                                                            Wow that's just a complete car crash from start to finish
                                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Thats Isildur is it not?

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                It think its isildur, according to two plus two anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                  Thats Isildur is it not?
                                                                  I was reading "Bluff" mag and they seem pretty certain it is (was)

Comment

FCUKIN BULLSHIT!!!!!!

I decide to play a game.

Play a 10 man SnG, get to Heads-Up with a 4-1 chip defecit. Pull it back me having a slight lead.

I have 8,8. Flop comes K,8,8.

I check

Guy goes All-In.

I call..........................

and as i call, the chips move to the middle but the screen freezes...... it freezes for a while and when it comes back i had FOLDED and i was in SIT OUT mode.

WHAT THE FCUK IS THAT???

So the guy wins my chips and in the long run wins the game. WHAT THE FCUK???
                                                                    You times out cos your conection went.
                                                                    Try support, but the HH will probab show a fold.

however, you might get something as you were obviously never folding
                                                                    to show my ignorance.

Hero wins $4,026
                                                                    UTG wins $4,026

He has no low hand, so can't win that half

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                    Yeah, but they had a deal to pay a bonus if you win with 72

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                      You times out cos your conection went.
                                                                      Try support, but the HH will probab show a fold.

however, you might get something as you were obviously never folding
                                                                      Its a load of bollocks because the chips moved on the screen, and it cam eback JUST as the time ran out like. I can take a beat, but that's balls!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                        So you'd rather see 100s of people out of a job and thousands of die hard fans lose the club they love just so Liverpool might have a half chance of finishing in the top 4? What the fuck is wrong with people.
                                                                        True. Never thought about the jobs people would lose etc and the fact it might affect families.

I take back what i said so.

Comment

Its a load of bollocks because the chips moved on the screen, and it cam eback JUST as the time ran out like. I can take a beat, but that's balls!
                                                                          I know, its a balls.
                                                                          Happen to be before (not with quads though),
                                                                          the button "pressed" on screen, chips moved, then it froze.

As you had quads and were the leader so obvious would of won the tourney, you have a better chance of getting something, maybe a tourney token or something, better than diddley

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                                            Because i don't give a toss about them and it will help my club. It's a dog eat dog world in football these days. If you fall behind your left behind!
                                                                            Fingers crossed Popmpey get thrown out of the league. Things would look great for Liverpool then compared to now once other teams results against Pompey where takin away. We would only be 11 points behind chelsea. Man city would still have 2 games in hand but be 6 points behind and we would be 4 points clear of anyone else and only 1 or 2 behind Arsenal.
                                                                            If that happens to Liverpool then ill deal with it and be disgusted as to why the people in charge let it happen. As for this case. Pompey has never did anything for me or you so why should we care?
                                                                            And yet you say it's a beautiful sound

I had to google what you said but i am not that way at all. It will be helping my club if they shut down therefore i want them to shut down. Big deal.
                                                                            So you are saying i would do the same in a person on person situation? Spoken kinda like a lawyor who just looks at whats in front of him and never considers the actual person.

Back in my football days when i was selected for a county milk cup squad to go to the canary islands it was between me and one other guy, for who got the last place to go. He got it and i felt no hatred. The week after the manager called me to his office and actually was quite harsh towards my play telling me all my faults, trying to get a reaction. At the end of it he said he spoke harsh to me because he wanted to see if i would start slating the other guy and see what my attitude was like. He then told me that the player had got injured and that i was going.

If i was the type of person your saying i am, then i would have bad mouthed that player and hated him for getting my spot. Not sure why i even responded to you as you have no idea who i am or what i am like.

You are the new king of the BBV imo. Absolutely classic stuff. I highlighted some bits that just had me falling over laughing like the smiley there.

I reckon you were Stavros.
                                                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

True. Never thought about the jobs people would lose etc and the fact it might affect families.

I take back what i said so.
                                                                              Lol you "never thought". You are an IDIOT, lets be honest.
                                                                              You've probably embarrassed yourself about 15 times in your last 7 posts.

Comment

Prop Bet

Workmate challenged me to do a 1k ocean swim on sunday morning. I recon i'll be under 22mins, he reckons I won't. I have no training time as it starts in 40 hours.

Results sunday evening............

Comment

Just about to start a 30 hour journey home when for the first time in two weeks in Africa I have to get out the immodioum.
                                                                                  FFS!

The Fitz will never be quite the same again without General Zito
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    Just about to start a 30 hour journey home when for the first time in two weeks in Africa I have to get out the immodioum.
                                                                                    FFS!
                                                                                    UL. Had a similar experience coming back from asia, not pleasant.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8[/ame]

Comment

I went to see the film last night and it was a bit meh but fook me this is a great poem.........

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
                                                                                        Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
                                                                                        I thank whatever gods may be
                                                                                        For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
                                                                                        I have not winced nor cried aloud.
                                                                                        Under the bludgeonings of chance
                                                                                        My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
                                                                                        Looms but the Horror of the shade,
                                                                                        And yet the menace of the years
                                                                                        Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
                                                                                        How charged with punishments the scroll.
                                                                                        I am the master of my fate:
                                                                                        I am the captain of my soul.

Comment

Gonna be mostly be listening to The Pixies today.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK0CJqMK6f0[/ame]

Comment

lol just got sent this.

Brilliant from about 2.20

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHtatY7bOUY[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              The Fitz will never be quite the same again without General Zito
                                                                                              that's true indeed
                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                I went to see the film last night and it was a bit meh but fook me this is a great poem.........

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
                                                                                                Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
                                                                                                I thank whatever gods may be
                                                                                                For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
                                                                                                I have not winced nor cried aloud.
                                                                                                Under the bludgeonings of chance
                                                                                                My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
                                                                                                Looms but the Horror of the shade,
                                                                                                And yet the menace of the years
                                                                                                Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
                                                                                                How charged with punishments the scroll.
                                                                                                I am the master of my fate:
                                                                                                I am the captain of my soul.
                                                                                                Yeah was only discussing that poem last night, had to pause the TV as it was read out to me. We have this poem on our wall at home, incorrectly it had Mandelas name as the author (Marianne Williamson) He did have some good taste in poetry.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
                                                                                                It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves,
                                                                                                Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?
                                                                                                You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.
                                                                                                There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
                                                                                                We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
                                                                                                It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
                                                                                                And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
                                                                                                As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

RIP Zito.

Comment

In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'

Comment

Last edited by mocata; 12-02-10, 10:39.
                                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                      There's a full collection here that you can print out. Some people are really offended by them though. Snobs.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                        As a fan you should never want to see a club go into administration or whatever. How can you say Pompey never did anything for you, they, just like every other team, are what makes the Premiership. Without the pompeys of this world there would be no prem, sky sports etc etc.
                                                                                                        I remember a game a few seasons back - Pompey were 5-0 down, at home, to Arsenal and their fans were cheering and clapping the Arsenal players passing and movement etc. Wenger came out afterwards and said he had never seen anything like it, that the Pompey fans were amongst the best he has ever come across.

You gotta feel for the fans when you see what the club is going through nowadays.

Comment

Anyone else disco'd from FTP? Loada pants
                                                                                                          It's all an illusion

Comment

Yeah, it's like Garage flowers are not really considered as proper flowers by some wimmins. At a dinner part (this one time) I was discussing how I used to bring home the odd bunch of flowers, when buying some petrol I might buy an 8 euro bunch and spring em on herself when I got home, always appreciated. However one or two of the girlies at this party said they'd throw 'garage flowers' in the bin as they were cheapo flowers. WTF sez I , you were getting none in the 1st place, so it's a surprise, why would you be so ungrateful? The wimmins seemed in agreement (bar 1 or 2) that garage flowers were an affront on womankind and any man who bought some for his girl was In fact offering up the most underhanded insult and lack of respect. It was then I took out my nipple (I do this when I get bored) and threatened them with it. I will buy those Tesco Valentine cards and send one to a certain lady. (muhahahaha)

Comment

Jaysus, I thought they only ever had those things there to absorb the smell of petrol?!

Comment

I don't think its that unusual for a Liverpool fan (or fan of any other club who would benefit) to have a secret wish for Portsmouth to go out of business.

Its warped obviously, but its akin to secretly daydreaming that the boyfriend of that girl you fancy has a fatal car accident, freeing the way for yourself to make a move at the funeral.

Both should remain an internal fantasy, definitely not to be discussed out loud.

Comment

Looking rather quickly for someone to take my bet of €100 on Over 185.5 points in the basketball game on Paddy Power TV in the next ten minutes.... Over on the basketball thread. Ta¬
                                                                                                                  Hey buddy, did ya get that thing I sent ya?

Comment

oops...nvm

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                      How did Mr Raoul Duke III do in the acquarium last night?
                                                                                                                      7th, never really got a workable stack together

enjoyable game though, did deliver one delicious dogging with JT vs JJ AIPF, coat was on until I picked up 4 flush possibilities on the turn and bling blang blaow the river duly delivered. I thought he was going to cry.

On a similar note, FT was going a bit slowly, playing about 40 mins with no casualties so Jack subbed in rigged dealer David to induce action.

Within 10 minutes, JJ was no good against AJo on a J high flop (runner-runner 4-flush), KJ > AJ AIPF to bust Tadgh and I exited soon after when my Ace high couldn't hold vs KJ. Carnage!
                                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
                                                                                                                        Anyone else disco'd from FTP? Loada pants
                                                                                                                        Still fine for me. Which ISP are you on?
                                                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                                          Still fine for me. Which ISP are you on?
                                                                                                                          NTL. Boyles actually went down at the same time making me think it was my connection but stars was still fine. I've been able to log back on to FTP but there is a note on the my mtt sat table stating "The Tournament has been paused" for the last 10 mins and others are wondering wft in chat so I presume they'll sort it soon.
                                                                                                                          It's all an illusion

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X