This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
    Ever see these fellas going into work Ifsc/grand canal dock suited up except for wearing white runners. Walking in with suit pants and asics with dignity seemingly in tact, not a bother on them. Waiting till they get into work before changing into their shoes those sly punks. This is a more widespread practice with the women but theyre a law onto themselves. Seems to be creeping in though. Some of them just off the train so not like theyve walked 3 miles or anything. Those fellas have a hard neck, a hard neck.
    I bet/hope you wouldnt be one of these culprits Raoul Duke III would you?.
    Jesus, no. I stagger along in my six-inch stilettoes, no compromise!
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      effective use of aircraft carriers imo, got overextended in the end though
      supply lines
      you are only as strong as your weakest link

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

This game is bringing back bad memories of the 2nd round contest between Paraguay and Germany from 2002 World Cup. I woke up at 7:30am just to watch it and it was 1 of the worst games of football I have ever watched. At least this is on at a reasonable time I guess.

Comment

another 10mins and i can start packing up and going home

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

speaking of the IFSC, now I really have seen everything

it's pretty standard on hot summer's days to see young knackers jumping into the Liffey (usually in their 14.99 wetsuits from Aldi). And fair play to them says I, I wish I still had the balls to do the same. But today, they have taken it to a whole new level. There's about 4 of them climbing onto the roof of the Thai restaurant on the North quays (in front of the Clarion) and taking a running jump into the water. It's a good 4/5 yards from the roof to the edge of the quay and about a 15 metre drop in total - if you don't make it to the water, you're looking at wheelchair ramps

these lads are clearing it by about a foot (with their mates cheeirng them on), it's like watching Russian Roulette

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
              Things are getting weird around here.

Bubbleking is now a Noun?
              We knew him when he was only a little 'b'

Ideas about himself now of course, ah yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                Does anyone know of any (preferably free) software which merges a bunch of avi files into 1 file. I can convert it to some other file format if needs be if that helps.
                you can use hjsplit (freeware)

Comment

Hehe 5 more mins

Comment

speaking of the IFSC, now I really have seen everything

it's pretty standard on hot summer's days to see young knackers jumping into the Liffey (usually in their 14.99 wetsuits from Aldi). And fair play to them says I, I wish I still had the balls to do the same. But today, they have taken it to a whole new level. There's about 4 of them climbing onto the roof of the Thai restaurant on the North quays (in front of the Clarion) and taking a running jump into the water. It's a good 4/5 yards from the roof to the edge of the quay and about a 15 metre drop in total - if you don't make it to the water, you're looking at wheelchair ramps

these lads are clearing it by about a foot (with their mates cheeirng them on), it's like watching Russian Roulette
                    video it with your phone and stick it on youtube if one of them mangles himself

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                      We knew him when he was only a little 'b'

Ideas about himself now of course, ah yeah!
                      i suppose we were here for him at the start and we will be here for him when he goes busto and comes back all in tatters and living in a cardboard box.
                      like fuck we will
                      we will all laugh at him coming down from his high horse
                      him and his notions

Comment

Originally posted by mickc View Post
                        video it with your phone and stick it on youtube if one of them mangles himself
                        cops have chased them off now

couldn't have been much older than about 10

Comment

First bet of the group stages for me. I waited until half-time to back Paraguay, nice price of 3.15.
                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

its time to finish work
                            i look foward to going home every evening and sitting down with my laptop and tunning in here

doh!

thats the same shit i do at work except with kids and wife nagging at me

Comment

cops have chased them off now

couldn't have been much older than about 10
                              10.. wow!

I thought late teens at least

Comment

10.. wow!

sounds about right tbh, 10 year olds are pretty much invincible.

Comment

I've Japan at 3s.
                                  Hopefully they Nip one at the end

Comment

if any of you soccer lads are about; here's a question

why, when the ball is smacked straight at the keeper these days, instead of just catching it, they knock it down onto the turf and only then catch it securely?

are they coached to do it or is it something to do with new ball technology?

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                      Sorry for dragging this up again. Can someone stick up a link to a working download for Champ 01-02. Like I want to click it and it to download. No other nonsense. Fook you computers and technology I detest you.

WTFOOKING FOOK ARGHHHHHGHHGGHHHGHHGGHHHGH FOOK OFF YOU PIECE OF CRAP! MANAGED TO FIND THE LINK FORM THE OFFICIAL SITE AND ITS STILL WONT DOWNLOAD. WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT? CAN YOU DOWNLOAD IT TO A LAPTOP?. Help needed asap before another laptop bites the dust.

Ok Life you win. So incredibly tilted by this-I surrender. I wonder what its like to be a normal person and figure out anything remotely linked to computers or technology or have things work normally. Must be a peaceful exsisitance.

Hopefully when Ive stopped punching the wall manically and screaming at an inanamte object Ill be able to appreciate that fate has conspired to not allow me to actively sabotage my life by taking up Champ again .

I don't think champ manager would be suitable for you.
                                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

10.. wow!

A city center kid aged 10 is equivalant of 14/15 year olds anywhere else they all smoke and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                                          I've Japan at 3s.
                                          Hopefully they Nip one at the end
                                          I winced

Comment

I winced
                                            Did you look Japanese when you winced?

Comment

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                                              Did you look Japanese when you winced?
                                              it was more like one of these I'd say

Comment

why, when the ball is smacked straight at the keeper these days, instead of just catching it, they knock it down onto the turf and only then catch it securely?

less chance of it squirming into the net. The way the balls move in the air these days has keepers petrified of making an error and looking like a mug. It also has a lot to do with the fact that if they catch it the first time they can't drop it and then pick it up again, so if they want to waste time/evaluate options they only have 6 seconds before they're penalised. By knocking it to the ground first they can take more time.

Over 4k posts in the two weeks I was away, most of which were nonsense still managed to waste an entire work day catching up though so that has to be worth something!
                                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                  sounds about right tbh, 10 year olds are pretty much invincible.
                                                  Toxoplasma Parasites IMO
                                                  from boing boing via:
                                                  Toxoplasma gondii, a parasite that causes rats to become attracted to cats, which can adversely affect the development of a baby within a pregnant women's body. The post digs into Stanford scientist Dr. Robert Sopalsky's research around how "toxo" changes human behavior, but this snippet about how it "hijacks the sexual reward pathway" in rats' minds is pure gold.

Once in the rat, Toxo's goal is to then be eaten by a cat so it can be fruitful and multiply, but as I mentioned, this can only take place in the cat's gut. Toxo's goal is to get the rat eaten by a cat. Toxo could get the desired effect through a whole sort of seemingly obvious ways; e.g., Make the rat hard to run so it is easier for a cat to catch it. Instead it takes a far more interesting approach: Toxo generates cysts in the brain of the rat. These cysts take over the fear center of the brain, but specifically the fear of predators. Common fear sources for rodents (e.g., bright lights, open spaces, etc.) still operate perfectly well in an infected rat, but now they are no longer afraid of cat piss. That alone would be cool enough, but Toxo takes it one step further. When Toxo is going about futzing with the fear center of the brain it also goes into the sexual excitement part of the brain. It hijacks the incoming Fear of Cat Piss™ and instead diverts the signal to the Barry White™ center of the brain.
                                                  "Somehow, this damn parasite knows how to make cat urine smell sexually arousing to rodents, and they go and check it out. Totally amazing." - Dr. Sapolsky

The rat is now sexually attracted to cat piss! (This is a fetish that gets you eaten by your predator and rats clearly do not have any safe words with cats.)

Now, this part blew my non-rat mind: Sapolsky says motorcyclists have a high probability of being infected with Toxo
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Funny article on English soccer on football365.com
                                                    it's on talks of Bekham becoming next english manager

====
                                                    Wanted
                                                    We are a large football association based in the European Union. We have a respected business model with a regular four year B&S (blame & shame) turnover. We are looking to build on our medium term small successes by appointing a candidate with the following qualifications and qualities.

Qualifications:

1 - Very tight trousers and a crisp white shirt
                                                    2 - Punditry experience
                                                    3 - A minimum of a 2:1 grade in modern bollixonomy
                                                    4 - Must be proper English with an up to date passion certificate

Skills and abilities:

1 - Ability to talk the loudest when sat amongst more esteemed peers
                                                    2 - Ability to talk at over 130 decibels so as to prevent any possible counter argument
                                                    3 - Ability to sit with legs apart at 75 to 90 degrees.
                                                    4 - Proven skill in utilising hindsight to pick the next team and formation according to popular opinion.

Please fax your application to us at the English FA. Applications are to be handwritten in crayon. Neatly typed and legible applications will not be accepted because that would make you a German that lacks passion.
                                                    Cliff Mallinder

The New Man
                                                    With it looking increasingly like Capello's reign is over, it's important to look at what we need from the next incumbent.

Firstly, it is essential that no rational thought, historical evidence or logic is used when considering the next England manager. The most important thing is PASSION! Just like we had under Kevin Keegan's glorious, reign. And he needs to be English, just like Steve McClaren and Terry Venables were when they led us to a triumphant 3-2 home defeat against an already qualified Croatia reserves en route to Euro 2008 success. Also, we need someone who understands us, like Alan Shearer did Newcastle United during his illustrious one win from eight games reign or Bryan Robson did as he led Middlesbrough from strength to strength.

And finally, he must be some with integrity, loyalty and tactical awareness like the obvious candidate: Harry Redknapp.

You know, someone who wouldn't dream of using a punditry job on television to put his name forward for a job that isn't even available. In the same way that he never talks about players under contract at other clubs and is incredibly loyal to fans - I mean, when he said Portsmouth would be his last job in football you knew he meant it!

And while that outdated dinosaur, multiple league title and champions league winner Capello refuses to budge from his favourite formation Redknapp is using the revolutionary 4-4-2 during his trophy-laden spell at Spurs, and all while scraping together a squad with only the second largest net outlay on players in the league.

But will the FA listen? No, they never do despite the fact that everyone in English pubs can do a better job than Capello! Which is obviously why pub-goers are in demand from every top club around the world when looking for managers...
                                                    Tom Lewis

About As Sensible
                                                    So it has been suggested that David Beckham should be the next manager as he "looks good in a suit", is "quite famous" and "the players like him"

How about Cheryl Tweedy or Vanessa Perroncel?
                                                    Hugh Wright

Where To Begin?
                                                    I actually really enjoyed John Nic's article about the Ingerland/England split yesterday. Didn't think he'd then have his entire argument crystallised and bolstered by that complete load of utter tosh in the Sun, though. Seriously, where do you begin with the idea of Beckham as manager?

I actually don't know where to start. The very idea just makes me so cross. It's the pinnacle of Ingerland stupidity to suggest it, and exemplifies why at least this part of the media needs a damn good shoeing, followed by its being boycotted by anyone and everyone who has even the remotest chance of having two brain cells clunk together to form any type of coherent thought.

What makes me even angrier about this is the fact that the best way I can summarise how I feel about it is to revert to the nonsense language so beloved of knuckle-dragging Ingerlanders, txtspk, by saying:

FFS.
                                                    Andy, Gooner in Colchester

...What the hell, if Beckham became the next England manager, I really wouldn't be arsed with the national team anymore. We'd just be a laughing stock.

One of the main problems people identified is that the players don't do it on the pitch, but because they're famous and live on past glories they get in the team, and that has to change, then in the next breath say Beckham should be manager, why, because he's famous and lives on past glories. How the hell is he supposed to fit it in, with his media marketing of playing for AC Milan and LA Galaxy.

I knew the Sun was sensationalist and for the mentally challenged, but this sinks to a new low, and anyone who thinks it's a good idea should go have a kick about on the motorway.
                                                    Phill - Now more disillusioned with England, please bring on the 14th August.

======

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                      All these complaints about the ball...meanwhile the Japs just bam out whopper long distance effort after whopper long distance effort.
                                                      I don't know what kind of footballer you fancy yourself as but word according to me auld mate Diego Armando (who was a bit handy in his day) is that this new ball is a bollox of a yoke as its so light that you cannot put proper spin on it

Which is fine for the likes of the japs, short passes/workrate/bang it from distance but Diego told me its a pain for the like of me or Juan Seb Veron who fancy themselves to be a bit skillfull/creative

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                      Ever see these fellas going into work Ifsc/grand canal dock suited up except for wearing white runners. Walking in with suit pants and asics with dignity seemingly in tact, not a bother on them. Waiting till they get into work before changing into their shoes those sly punks. This is a more widespread practice with the women but theyre a law onto themselves. Seems to be creeping in though. Some of them just off the train so not like theyve walked 3 miles or anything. Those fellas have a hard neck, a hard neck.
                                                      A hard neck and fair soft feet, the economic crash has clearly not hit the pedicure business out in D4 yet lad!

ball moving in the air on a whim, not worth the risk of trying to catch it
                                                      + as Iago said bit of time wasting

/rant
                                                      AS FAR AS THE BALL IS CONCERNED

Especially this but also most other balls in last 5-10 years
                                                      If YOU put bend on it and it bends = skill

If YOU hit it straight and it bends = a bollox of a game that might as well be a computer game for the monkeys watching on their highdef tv's

so the question is are you a monkey throwing shit at the tv or would you like the ball to do what the person hitting it wants it to do?
                                                      /rant

Comment

Anyone on the BBV know the ins-and-outs of the motor trade? I've a 1999 Hyundai Coupe with 111,000 on the clock, it might be worth between €1,000 - €1,500 (I've honestly no clue!); I want to sell / trade-in this car and then buy a 2003 / 2004 saloon (maybe a 3-series BMW) for €7,500 or so. How hard would it be to sell such a old car privately via Carzone and would any second-hand dealer give me much joy if I attempted to trade it in against whatever saloon I'm after? If anyone can help that would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                          Anyone on the BBV know the ins-and-outs of the motor trade? I've a 1999 Hyundai Coupe with 111,000 on the clock, it might be worth between €1,000 - €1,500 (I've honestly no clue!); I want to sell / trade-in this car and then buy a 2003 / 2004 saloon (maybe a 3-series BMW) for €7,500 or so. How hard would it be to sell such a old car privately via Carzone and would any second-hand dealer give me much joy if I attempted to trade it in against whatever saloon I'm after? If anyone can help that would be great!
                                                          Advertise on done deal. Far cheaper than carzone and appears to be the current equivalent of the b&s.

No idea on valuation. Have a look on done deal and pick a reasonable point from there. Probably effectively worthless as a trade in.
                                                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                            Are you married?? If you are you can compare the car to the wedding ring and forget about getting rid of it without getting fcuked over.

Comment

Odds on penos being 0-0 for ages too?

Comment

Anyone want to go a quick $25/€20 bet on penos?

I'll take paraguay, no escrow needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                  Anyone want to go a quick $25/€20 bet on penos?

I'll take paraguay, no escrow needed.
                                                                  I want Paraquay

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                    I want Paraquay

Comment

ill take japan flushdraw

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                        ill take japan flushdraw
                                                                        Cool Anto glgl

Comment

Will take Japan if you want to double it up.

Comment

Cool Anto glgl
                                                                            now im intrested go on japanese deadball specialists!

Comment

Will take Japan if you want to double it up.
                                                                              Ok lets go. Deal

Comment

Easy money

Comment

sigh whats your sig on stars?

Comment

Easy money
                                                                                    :-) I knew i'd find 2 degens that couldn't resist a flip!

sigh whats your sig on stars?
                                                                                    FlushdrawIRE

UL and tyty

Comment

I'm delighted to see Paraguay go through, I think they can give the winner of this evenings game a very tough time, their defense is the best in the tournament imo.

A bit disappointed with them up front, there is very little movement off the ball, they could improve that they would have a real shout at winning it imo.
                                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

I shud have known i get to pick first on next peno shoot out. You clearly have slipped chap player few quid.

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                                                                                          i suppose we were here for him at the start and we will be here for him when he goes busto and comes back all in tatters and living in a cardboard box.
                                                                                          .
                                                                                          .
                                                                                          .
                                                                                          .
                                                                                          .
                                                                                          .
                                                                                          .
                                                                                          like fuck we will
                                                                                          we will all laugh at him coming down from his high horse
                                                                                          him and his notions
                                                                                          a couple of results and its all gone to my head

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                            a couple of results and its all gone to my head
                                                                                            btw were u talkin about wateford next week or the one @ end of july

Comment

I shud have known i get to pick first on next peno shoot out. You clearly have slipped chap player few quid.
                                                                                              I'd never back against South Amercians in a peno shootout

Comment

I'd never back against South Amercians in a peno shootout
                                                                                                I will take the Germans -v- Argies if it goes peno's so.

Comment

I've DLd that ChampMan thing, but when I try and play it says stick in the CD? Any suggestions? Whats the point in having a DL if you need the CD? What am I doing wrong?
                                                                                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I will take the Germans -v- Argies if it goes peno's so.
                                                                                                    No probs. Booked for same price as before

Comment

No probs. Booked for same price as before
                                                                                                      Sound!

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                                        I've DLd that ChampMan thing, but when I try and play it says stick in the CD? Any suggestions? Whats the point in having a DL if you need the CD? What am I doing wrong?
                                                                                                        Its an iso file.

You need to download a piece of software to play it, it effectively tricks the computer into thinking the iso imags is the cd.

Google it, theres loads of programs that'll run it for you.
                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Yeah same thing happened to me about 6 weeks ago when we were talking about it before, and it was a sort of blessing in disguise. I'm kinda hoping you don't get a solution to your problem!

Comment

MagicISO google that, read it for 2 mins and download and you will get it working. If I can do it anyone can.

Comment

Yeah same thing happened to me about 6 weeks ago when we were talking about it before, and it was a sort of blessing in disguise. I'm kinda hoping you don't get a solution to your problem!
                                                                                                              Ha yeah I guess, I'll be better off without it!

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
                                                                                                              Its an iso file.

You need to download a piece of software to play it, it effectively tricks the computer into thinking the iso imags is the cd.

Google it, theres loads of programs that'll run it for you.
                                                                                                              So what do I google then?
                                                                                                              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Ha yeah I guess, I'll be better off without it!

So what do I google then?

Go here first imo. Then it should make sense somewhat
                                                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Daemon Tools / Alcohol 120%

these are both good at what you need

Comment

Ship ship managed to get tickets for The Goonies on Thursday night.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5UG7ISJfP0[/ame]
                                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Awesome, going to Tokyo for a conference in September! If I ever meet this 'taxpayer' guy I must remember to give him a warm handshake. Oh well I guess I'm a catalyst for the knowledge economy

Anyone been?

Comment

just stick in ANY cd

a lot of these download ISO/mount jobs still look to the cd drive

just pop in a cd, it sees one and carries on

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                                          just stick in ANY cd

a lot of these download ISO/mount jobs still look to the cd drive

just pop in a cd, it sees one and carries on
                                                                                                                          i tried that and was asked for a RW cd, meh i'll see how TG gets on...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X