X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Get over it...

Former Sweden striker Tomas Brolin wants to improve his goal scoring tally for the national team - 12 years after retiring from football.

The 40-year-old claims he should have been credited for a goal given to team-mate Roland Nilsson 19 years ago.

Brolin, who struggled at Leeds after signing from Parma for £4.5m in 1995, told Sweden's SVT that he scored 27 goals for Sweden, not 26 as recorded.

The Swedish Football Association said it will look into the issue.

Replays of the goal in Sweden's 2-1 friendly win over Norway in 1991, seem to support Brolin's claim - with Nilsson's shot deflecting off Brolin's back and past Norwegian goalkeeper Einar Rossbach.

Swedish Football Association spokesman Thomas Salateg called for further analysis: "I guess we will have to discuss this with the statisticians and then we'll see if there's going to be a change."

Brolin, who also had a spell at Crystal Palace in 1998, said he did not raise the issue immediately after the match because it was Nilsson's first goal for the national team.

If the official record is changed, Brolin would rise to seventh place among Sweden's all-time top scorers, tied with Agne Simonsson.

The striker was thrust into prominence in 1992 when he scored the winner in Sweden's 2-1 victory over England at the European Championships to ensure Graham Taylor's side made an early exit from the tournament.

Brolin now owns a restaurant in Sweden and has been a World Series Poker player.

Comment

I really dislike the current thread title. Can anyone come up with anything a bit better and somewhat topical? I have about all the brain processing capacity of a jellyfish at the moment. Apathy has overwhelmed me it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
          No way there is only 37. There is like 5 within 40 mins of me.
          Sure Kilcoole is one big graveyard
          "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            I took my revenge after we beat them in the autumn international!
            In fairness to him it took till the third or fourth time that I brought it up before he came up with 'the boys threw it to do for DeVilliers' theory
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              I really dislike the current thread title. Can anyone come up with anything a bit better and somewhat topical? I have about all the brain processing capacity of a jellyfish at the moment. Apathy has overwhelmed me it seems.
              Something to do with bobsleighing in a thong
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

OllyK: Amoral election agent for hire
                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  In fairness to him it took till the third or fourth time that I brought it up before he came up with 'the boys threw it to do for DeVilliers' theory
                  ugh, must have heard that one a hundred times by now

you will never, ever get a South African to concede that their team has beaten in a fair fight
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Movie quote of 2009 "Not you Fat Jesus!"
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                      Sure Kilcoole is one big graveyard
                      Personally I think the collapsed building and burnt out mansion on the main street add to the place. The 3 pubs and two off licences provide plenty of entertainment the 50 odd hairdressers and shops are needless though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                        Only way to do it is to leave it till the last minute and then force the way through the unbearable boredom by counting the money per script that will be eventually spent on beer, girls, and sun.

btw had a 'fun' incident on Tuesday morning! Was outside at the break between a two-hour lecture and some students from the class who i thought i'd never seen before came up and were talking like they knew me. Turns out they were in a local pub poker tournie with me before Christmas ...

This was a strange tournament for me:

- I won it!

- Was doing the whole 'gain control of the table through smalltalk' strategy and thus talking bullshit to everyone

- Myself and a pal were doing Jaagerbombs like mad things

- Don't remember at least the last two hours of the tournament

Definitely didn't remember the bit that these students told me about persuading the landlady to stay open a bit later so we could all have more beer out of my winnings. And then offering my house as an open venue for continued drinks

- Lesson learned: think i got away with it this time, but definitely no more drinking locally to that level of excess...

Strangely one of the student's parents are from Portlaoise, my birth place, and she had spent all her summers there as a kid. Fcked if i could think of a single good thing to say about that kip though.
                        I had tears in my eyes reading that - sooo funny!!!

I've had some students come into my local a few times recently, but nothing like that.

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                        Killing Pablo - Mark Bowden
                        Another thumbs up for Killing Pablo - excellent read!

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                        Just chatting to my brother who was listening to George Hook while driving. He was raving about The Wire apparently, said it was the best tv series he had watched.
                        A viewer rang in saying he struggled to follow it, Hook tells him to maybe turn on the subtitles, said he certainly had to do it to understand the corner boys.
                        Thats how many of my students feel in my lectures - a heavy Limerick accent does not go down well. Apparently, one Asian student thinks that English is not my first language.

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                        [IMG]
                        SPOILER
                        http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5559/415emilyscottlargeimage.jpg[/IMG]

One below is NSFW

They're all NSFW imo!

How about "BBV: for those with the brain processing capacity of a jellyfish!"

Comment

"BBV: Whispering your mother's name in your ear."
                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                            Speaking of answering questions, I think the new forum needs someone to go down the Well. Anyone want to nominate a poor unfortunate?
                            Was it JBravado that said Paul Marrow agreed to do one after the IPC?

Perhaps someone could get in touch?
                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Many here playing the Deepstack tomorrow? I'm looking for some useful french/belgian/dutch (or other relevant language!) expressions for the game tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                Many here playing the Deepstack tomorrow? I'm looking for some useful french/belgian/dutch (or other relevant language!) expressions for the game tomorrow
                                Vous êtes un poisson

Comment

I want one of these.

Comment

Looks like Kev got around to the thread title change. I am still too apathetic to care too much so that'll have to do.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                          Eh hello ... tax is out of date! Garda should put a fine on that car with a sticker saying "yeah, smartass - this €150 fine will help us sort out the potholes, cheers!"
                                          Garda wont! it's a UK car

Comment

Looks like Kev got around to the thread title change. I am still too apathetic to care too much so that'll have to do.
                                            Wasnt me Dom

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                              Reminds me of this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDFBa5tudPk[/ame]

Comment

Wasnt me Dom
                                                I've made an executive decision to blame you anyhow. It'll take the heat off p_l anyhow.

Comment

I feel gay for saying it but <3 Billy Joel!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4nQB3V10i8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFXgVKgDbSU[/ame]
                                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Does anyone know someone playing online in the Fitz last night? I was at one guys table playing 100PLO. Baggotboy. Just wondering is that a generic fitz account or is it someone's account? Doubt its anyone here but just wondering anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                      Does anyone know someone playing online in the Fitz last night?
                                                      Read that a good 4 times and I'm still not sure what it means

Comment

Hollywood loses a landmark case against an Australian isp,

EZTV, your one stop source for all your favorite TV shows. FREE downloads! Watch more TV Series than ever. EZTV is releasing daily new episodes. SAFE!
                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                          Read that a good 4 times and I'm still not sure what it means
                                                          I think he is asking was anyone from here playing online (on Irish Eyes) from one of the computers in the Fitz.

Comment

comedy

Re yesterdays rec some comedy milarky

Down the line:
                                                            http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...s_1_Episode_2/

is a very good radio show worth 1/2 hour of your time

and this is a good ep of Hancocks half hour imo

They are radio so will play in that Ireland so they will

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                              Hollywood loses a landmark case against an Australian isp,

http://eztv.it/tvnews/4819/iinet-sla...ase-australia/
                                                              cut/paste please. Websense blocking.

Comment

cut/paste please. Websense blocking.
                                                                Sorry forgot some people had problems viewing it.

The giants of the film industry have lost their case against ISP iiNet in a landmark judgment handed down in the Federal Court today.

The decision had the potential to impact internet users and the internet industry profoundly as it sets a legal precedent surrounding how much ISPs are required to do to prevent customers from downloading movies and other content illegally.

But after an on-and-off eight-week trial that examined whether iiNet authorised customers to download pirated movies, Justice Dennis Cowdroy found that the ISP was not liable for the downloading habits of its customers.

In a summary of his 200-page judgment read out in court this morning, Justice Cowdroy said the evidence established that iiNet had done no more than to provide an internet service to its users.

He found that, while iiNet had knowledge of infringements occurring and did not act to stop them, such findings did not necessitate a finding of authorisation.

He said an ISP such as iiNet provided a legitimate communication facility, which was neither intended nor designed to infringe copyright.

He said it was only by means of the application of the BitTorrent system that copyright infringements were enabled, but iiNet had no control over this system.

"iiNet is not responsible if an iiNet user uses that system to bring about copyright infringement ... the law recognises no positive obligation on any person to protect the copyright of another," Justice Cowdroy said.
                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Anybody able to swap 100 of my finest FTP dollars for 100 of their Boyle's dollars?

Got clamped last night, so wont be able to afford to play the HU league unless someone comes through!

Also, lol at the title

Comment

Many playing the deepsatck tomorrow-last longerage?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                      vous etes un gros connard (insult)

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                        Got nipple-clamped last night,
                                                                        more sleaziness

you're a terrible man

Comment

more sleaziness

you're a terrible man
                                                                          nah, had a woeful car day.

Decided I'd be a gent and drive the guys I used to work with out to a club. Parked outside his house at 10pm, got clamped at 10:04pm, pain in the hole.

Then his girlfriend got sick in the car too...

Disaster

Comment

Anyone know a good place either in Dublin or online to pick up cheap rugby/soccer boots?

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                              Does anyone know someone playing online in the Fitz last night? I was at one guys table playing 100PLO. Baggotboy. Just wondering is that a generic fitz account or is it someone's account? Doubt its anyone here but just wondering anyway!
                                                                              How do you know it was someone from the Fitz?
                                                                              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Is it wrong that I find entertainment in the financial stupidity of others??

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=131406

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=131364

I'm beginning to think I might need help.....but I just can't get over how stupid some people are and I keep going and reading these things......I'm an elitist snob no two ways about it....
                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

CHD recommends ipoker shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                    I could not begin to comprehend that somebody could actually be that stupid. That is the most loltastic piece I have read in a long long time.
                                                                                    Of course there is a special place reserved in hell for you and I Noel. A place where people take even money bets when 3/2 is available and don't contribute to their pension plan when their employer is willing to match the contributions and they are getting top rate tax relief...

Comment

poor old jilted john

his ex is obv. even thicker than him, lucky escape imo

Comment

He wants to change from iPoker. I'm hoping he will download Boylepoker then realise his mistake. Its how I get my kicks.

Comment

the other one is actually worse!

busy day there olly, eh, V?

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                            Many playing the deepsatck tomorrow-last longerage?
                                                                                            Inski, 50 a head?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

I'm beginning to think I might need help.....but I just can't get over how stupid some people are and I keep going and reading these things......I'm an elitist snob no two ways about it....

What goes on in some people's heads?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

This has to be a level surely

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                                  Anybody able to swap 100 of my finest FTP dollars for 100 of their Boyle's dollars?

Got clamped last night, so wont be able to afford to play the HU league unless someone comes through!

Also, lol at the title
                                                                                                  Can do ! Just my boyles account is euros which might not allow transfer if yours is dollars.
                                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

the other one is actually worse!

busy day there olly, eh, V?
                                                                                                    Actually for once I read them last night and only got around to posting them now. Too good to not share with the group! I tend to head over to AAM once a fortnight just for a good laugh and to see how the sheeple are thinking. In many ways its actually a scarier place then the Pin!! lol

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                                                                        This has to be a level surely
                                                                                                        No way Fran, that's the mindset over there and by extension in most of the country. If its a level its genius and I've been caught hook, line and sinker.

The property industry and their "property ladder" mantra should give lessons in brainwashing....

Comment

I rarely post hand histories but FML here

PokerStars Game #39218521256: Omaha Pot Limit ($1/$2 USD) - 2010/02/04 11:22:23 ET
                                                                                                          Table 'California III' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
                                                                                                          Seat 1: bleu329 ($31 in chips)
                                                                                                          Seat 2: zelias ($50 in chips)
                                                                                                          Seat 3: michaeld18 ($655.55 in chips)
                                                                                                          Seat 4: stdjog12 ($519.55 in chips)
                                                                                                          Seat 5: IBLUFFULOL ($205 in chips)
                                                                                                          Seat 6: Poly_Baller ($346.65 in chips)
                                                                                                          zelias: posts small blind $1
                                                                                                          michaeld18: posts big blind $2
                                                                                                          *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                                                                                          Dealt to michaeld18 [5d Ac Ad Td]
                                                                                                          stdjog12: raises $5 to $7
                                                                                                          IBLUFFULOL: folds
                                                                                                          Poly_Baller: calls $7
                                                                                                          bleu329: raises $24 to $31 and is all-in
                                                                                                          zelias: folds
                                                                                                          michaeld18: calls $29
                                                                                                          stdjog12: raises $101 to $132
                                                                                                          Poly_Baller: folds
                                                                                                          michaeld18: raises $303 to $435
                                                                                                          stdjog12: raises $84.55 to $519.55 and is all-in
                                                                                                          michaeld18: calls $84.55
                                                                                                          *** FLOP *** [4d 6h Ts]
                                                                                                          *** TURN *** [4d 6h Ts] [Tc]
                                                                                                          *** RIVER *** [4d 6h Ts Tc] [Jh]
                                                                                                          *** SHOW DOWN ***
                                                                                                          michaeld18: shows [5d Ac Ad Td] (three of a kind, Tens)
                                                                                                          stdjog12: shows [8h Th 7h Js] (a full house, Tens full of Jacks)
                                                                                                          stdjog12 collected $977.10 from side pot
                                                                                                          bleu329: shows [As 3c Qs Kh] (a pair of Tens)
                                                                                                          stdjog12 collected $98 from main pot
                                                                                                          *** SUMMARY ***
                                                                                                          Total pot $1078.10 Main pot $98. Side pot $977.10. | Rake $3
                                                                                                          Board [4d 6h Ts Tc Jh]
                                                                                                          Seat 1: bleu329 (button) showed [As 3c Qs Kh] and lost with a pair of Tens
                                                                                                          Seat 2: zelias (small blind) folded before Flop
                                                                                                          Seat 3: michaeld18 (big blind) showed [5d Ac Ad Td] and lost with three of a kind, Tens
                                                                                                          Seat 4: stdjog12 showed [8h Th 7h Js] and won ($1075.10) with a full house, Tens full of Jacks
                                                                                                          Seat 5: IBLUFFULOL folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                                                          Seat 6: Poly_Baller folded before Flop
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I know there has been a very good logo competition for the site as a whole but I thought we should have an image encapsulating the BBV as well.

Comment

When I've converted a hand, whats the best output format to use for here?

Like 2p2 format doesn't show up great etc....

Comment

Originally posted by dougee19 View Post
                                                                                                                I rarely post hand histories
                                                                                                                Ah now dougee come on....

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  Ah now dougee come on....
                                                                                                                  lol, alrite I rarely post bad beat ones!!!
                                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by dougee19 View Post
                                                                                                                    lol, alrite I rarely post bad beat ones!!!
                                                                                                                    It was hardly too much of a bad beat. He was only a 2/1 dog on the turn with any 5,7,8,9,J getting him there, and he was possibly marginal favourite on the flop all those outs as well, and also his back door flush draw.

Comment

close encounters of the fortuituous kind

So I popped into the bookies around the corner from work in order to collect a paltry sum on an e/w bet from yesterday. I'm idly looking up at the screens when I become aware of the lady next to me. Not your normal betting shop customer at all, well-dressed and looking very excitedly at the runners circling in the gloom at Clonmel for their bumper. She's literally hopping from foot to foot so I ask her if she has an interest in the race. She tells me her 'daddy' () owns the second fav, Sunshine Haven, and that the trainer (Fenton) expects a win today.

Feck it, I'm a big believer in fate/karma, call it what you will, so I lump a ton on at 3/1. The horse duly wins by about 20 lengths hard held with yer wan going nutso beside me. As soon as he crosses the line, she whips out the mobile and is on the blower to 'daddy', all excited. We go up to collect, she gets collects on her tenner bet and I trouser a 300 yoyo profit.

I congratulate her and, as I'm politely trying to extricate myself from the situation, she tells me they have another one out on Sunday which is also reckoned to have a great chance. I feel it would be unsporting not to give this tip to the BBV!

tldr; look out for nag on Sunday owned by a Maurice O'Brien. Think it's also trained by Fenton.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                                          How do you know it was someone from the Fitz?
                                                                                                                          I did some complex style analysis using mathematical techniques to pinpoint vagaries of pre and postflop action, matching this against an existing database, and extrapolating (dangerous, I know!) to a fuller prediction of playing style and using a 95% confidence interval and the Kramer-Rao lower bound, I couldn't reject the hypothesis that this guy was playing in the Fitz at that time.

Speech patterns, terminology, dialect and stereotyping of the SN also increased the probability that he was playing in the Fitz at the time.

Well actually he just told me, but this sounds way better!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X