Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did CHD do? This something I missed while I was away?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
      What did CHD do? This something I missed while I was away?
      Modding WW.
      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

and relax.... being on the go and sauce inbetween since Thursday.
        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
          and relax.... being on the go and sauce inbetween since Thursday.
          Well done on the score sir

Comment

Blom had taken some big hits to his stack but just doubled up through Greenstien and then won another sizeable pot to be back among the leaders will Ivey also still in the mix at the top.

BLOM DOUBLES THRU GREENSTEIN

We got to the table with a small sea of red chips in the middle between Barry Greenstein and Viktor Blom on the board of {7-Diamonds}{4-Diamonds}{3-Spades}{10-Clubs}. Greenstein had checked to Blom, who sat in the tank. Eventually, Blom slid out a bet of 67,000. Greenstein moved all in and had Blom covered. Blom didn't seem to thrilled to make the call, but did so anyway. He then asked Greenstein if he had a set and Greenstein shook his head no.

Blom: {A-Hearts}{A-Clubs}
            Greenstein: {5-Diamonds}{5-Spades}

The river was the {7-Spades} to pair the board and complete the double up for Blom. He was all in on the turn for 188,500 total and now is back over 470,000. Greenstein was left with about 162,000.
            24 left, I thought they were playing down to 27 tonight ?

Opr

Comment

If Furyk bogeys the last we have a 11.5 million dollar playoff.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                not on here, I looked it up when I got home on Wiki, didn't approve of the ingredients! One of those situations where ignorance would've been better.

Ah, vegetarian haggis made no sense to me whatsoever, I thought they'd left a typo on the menu or something.

Vegetarian Steak - weird combo of words
                Haggis is the breakfast of champions.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                  Local pub is seriously student friendly here, buy one get one free meals with student card, student prices for pints on most weeknights too.

We stumbled across this morning to get a breakfast and got a full Scottish Breakfast for £2 75% off! Was flying through the yoke before I realised what I was eating, what I thought was a very peppery black pudding was in fact Haggis. It was pretty ok to be honest with you, but after reading about it there, I think I will be steering clear of it for quite a while!

Also, for any vegetarians among you, would you be happy enough to eat it? The pub thinks its a veggie friendly food...
                  Are you in edinburgh? Sounds like the pub I ate in every day there, great value with the 2 for 1s and the veggie haggis is nice enough, other places had lovely ones. Such good prices over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                    Are you in edinburgh? Sounds like the pub I ate in every day there, great value with the 2 for 1s and the veggie haggis is nice enough, other places had lovely ones. Such good prices over there.
                    yup, Edinburgh, right beside the Meadows. Its called Golf Tavern, we've been in most nights / Sundays for football too. Its a great pub, and the food is damn good too.

I'm going to give the haggis another run at some stage, but will just need to not think about what it actually is!

Comment

ah yeah i cant remember name but loads of places like that for you to try. Some nice drinking places there too. and I loved that big tower yoke that there is. WOuld ahve been great to go to college there

Comment

Any1 here PyroAngelus?

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                          Just a question to all the board mods old present, is going off topic even when there's still legit discussion going on a reason for locking a thread? seems very strange to me?
                          Just had a very quick look at the thread in question. The mod who locked it had no business doing so on the basis of his first post in the thread. He clearly had a strong opinion on the topic in hand - one that stood in opposition to the spirit of the original post.

When I was modding soccer, if one of us got to actively debating in a thread, we would pass all the moderation of said thread onto one of the other mods. If you're involved in a discussion that is in anyway contentious, you just cannot go and lock it down the road. Even if none of the motivation to lock it was about stifling a discussion that you were losing (and let's face it, people are human), the perception of your objectivity will be tarnished to such an extent that you should avoid it from a moderating perspective.

Anyway, who really cares, lol.
                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

It depends on the mod, some just lock things like that but I'd rather a sniping of the off topic posts in question and continuation of the thread if there is still posts of merit

Comment

http://www.onlinepoker.net/poker-new...ontgomery/7458

strange poker story, there goes my chance with her

Comment

Ivey, fresh from 10 hours at the WSOPE jumps straight into the WCOOP main

Comment

Originally posted by montyrebel View Post
                                  http://www.onlinepoker.net/poker-new...ontgomery/7458

strange poker story, there goes my chance with her
                                  Cringe worthy

Comment

More 2+2 fun

The Doyle one is good, but the Thor hansen one cracked me up

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

being available for office hours with students?

Any tax issues as you will then be under the Irish tax remit?

Any potential events that could mean flight times get changed / routes cancelled?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                          Been mulling over a strange enough thought for the last few hours and chatted it over with the gf and brother and none of us can see a flaw in it yet.

Have teaching on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and the rest of the time is research. The hours can be kept that flexible into the future. All programme director hours can be done in that time as well, and most of it is by email anyway. My plan at the moment is to fly back to Dublin to meet the gf every second week for Thursday through Monday.

But now I'm thinking ... I'll just move back to Dublin full stop and then fly back here for the three days of teaching per week which only happen about 26 weeks of the year. It's £55 for the return flight including transport and then £60 for the three nights in a crappy hotel over here. So not that much on a monthly basis....

Really can't see the flaws in the plan, and here is such a kip. The gf and myself have lived together for a small bit, so no huge surprises in that department.

Please point out some potential flaws as an advance warning!
                                          You , nuff said

Comment

will flights always be available for £55?

Comment

Fairly horrendous carbon footprint potentiality. Though otherwise quite reasonable.
                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Been mulling over a strange enough thought for the last few hours and chatted it over with the gf and brother and none of us can see a flaw in it yet.

Have teaching on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and the rest of the time is research. The hours can be kept that flexible into the future. All programme director hours can be done in that time as well, and most of it is by email anyway. My plan at the moment is to fly back to Dublin to meet the gf every second week for Thursday through Monday.

But now I'm thinking ... I'll just move back to Dublin full stop and then fly back here for the three days of teaching per week which only happen about 26 weeks of the year. It's £55 for the return flight including transport and then £60 for the three nights in a crappy hotel over here. So not that much on a monthly basis....

Really can't see the flaws in the plan, and here is such a kip. The gf and myself have lived together for a small bit, so no huge surprises in that department.

flight delays = missing lectures?
                                                being drunk enough to not be allowed fly?
                                                no action from desperate students?!

Comment

Comment

Why would anyone purposely move back into this clusterfuck of a country.
                                                    Get a grip of yourself man.

Comment

Yeah one of our lecturers used to fly in to do them too.

Comment

Makes you look very uncommitted to the job/college/students, perhaps.

Comment

Better hope not to get into too serious a relationship with a Scottish girl then - Scottish wedding standard course (after starter and before main course, and with a huge ceremony attached) is eating haggis, neaps and tatties (latter two being parsnip and potatoes). Tastes amazing as a combination if you don't think too deeply about the haggis part!
                                                          You taking the piss?

Comment

Comment

Does your GF let you go on mad 24 hours+ benders Hitchhiker?

Comment

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag post:

put $50 in my FT account to spin it up.
                                                                won a couple of SnGs and had $200.
                                                                played 5 MTT's(Rush poker MTT) and the field in each of them was 2.5K runners or more.

made final table in 4 of them(dont ask me how but obv with shit lods of luck).

came 8,6,2,1 and now i have $10K.
                                                                got very unlucky in the one i came second.got it all in with two pair v one pair and he hit a two outer.(not complianing though as i had a lot of luck getting there).

really needed the money as well ,since i can't get a job at the mo.

oh yeah while im at it ,i have an interview for a very good job on Tuesday ,i hope i run as good in that too...

that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  Makes you look very uncommitted to the job/college/students, perhaps.
                                                                  Pfft makes him look like a high flying lecturer undertaking important eh international research.

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post

played 5 MTT's(Rush poker MTT) and the field in each of them was 2.5K runners or more.

got very unlucky in the one i came second.got it all in with two pair v one pair and he hit a two outer.(not complianing though as i had a lot of luck getting there).

oh yeah while im at it ,i have an interview for a very good job on Tuesday ,i hope i run as good in that too...

that is all.
                                                                    Did you find a stash of rungood buttons in Iran or something?

WP, delighted for you gholi.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                          Did you find a stash of rungood buttons in Iran or something?

WP, delighted for you gholi.
                                                                          nah i just told every one that i'm from Iran and if u dont let me win ,i'm gonna tell Ahmadi nejad not to stop our nuclear program and then you will all be fucked...they all folded after that.

Comment

Comment

Actually would be kinda cool to be made the Dean of the faculty in a few years and have people saying, "No-one's ever actually seen him, but if you want anything done just whisper his name: 'Heisenberg' "
                                                                              Hope you have the hat to go with it

Comment

Mos Def, but better.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb01g8SoDfI[/ame]
                                                                                eoghanlyons.com

Comment

Just watching Sports Science and they measured Rampage Jackson throwing a punch with 1900 lbs of force. FK me that's hard!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                    Just watching Sports Science and they measured Rampage Jackson throwing a punch with 1900 lbs of force. FK me that's hard!
                                                                                    he is a beast.
                                                                                    has a very interesting fight coming up as well with Micheda.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                      It depends on the mod, some just lock things like that but I'd rather a sniping of the off topic posts in question and continuation of the thread if there is still posts of merit
                                                                                      Yeah, varies a lot, i'm often happy to let things run (I think its from posting here, ramdom BBV-ness) but some of the other mos are stricter when it comes to on topic, rarely a lock but often a "back on topic, start a new thread if you want)

I'd love to see stats for guys accross all devisions. To compare the likes of BJ/GSP/Silva/Rampage/Velasquez

Even comparing a punch from Rampage with a kick from Crocop or Machida would be interesting

Comment

he is a beast.
                                                                                        has a very interesting fight coming up as well with Micheda.
                                                                                        Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I'd love to see stats for guys accross all devisions. To compare the likes of BJ/GSP/Silva/Rampage/Velasquez

Even comparing a punch from Rampage with a kick from Crocop or Machida would be interesting
                                                                                        They measured him against the toughest guy in Ice Hockey throwing a bare knuckle punch (1300lb) a heavyweight boxing champ with 12oz gloves (1300lb) and then Rampage at 1900lb with 5oz gloves, but saying that if he was to throw that punch bareknuckle, it would equate to 2300lb

Would defo be interesting to get all the guys on the punchbag and measure their punches!

Comment

This fella can punch over 1900 as well

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=940_EOYRyqU[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Dimoxinil View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=940_EOYRyqU
                                                                                            Ivan Drago - when will history show him the recognition he deserves? He's undoubtedly the greatest hero of all time!

Comment

To fill in the gaps in the American football.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvCsj7eJKKA&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvCsj7eJKKA&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Id be most worried about a dig off this guy tbh.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

i heard if you don't move he can't see you

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                    Id be most worried about a dig off this guy tbh.

If you took away the handle of the sword, it'd look like he has a tattoo of a cock going up his chest. Right down to the purple headed veiny warrior. Wouldn't say it to his face tho because i reckon Brock could sure give you a slap!

Comment

Jure Robic RIP

Jure Robič (born Jesenice 10 April 1965, died Plavški Rovt 24 September 2010 was a Slovenian cyclist and a soldier in the Slovenian Army.

Robič won the Race Across America 5 times (a record in the men's solo category): in 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008 and 2010. He was in second place at the final time station in 2009 when he dropped out to protest time penalties he had received. Robič swore never to enter RAAM again, but changed his mind and came back in 2010.

On 19 September 2004, Robič broke the world 24-hour road record by cycling 834.77 km (518.70 miles). In 2005 he won Le Tour Direct, a 4023 km (2500 mile) race on a course derived from classic Tour de France routes.

Robič was renowned for pushing himself to extreme mental breakdown during endurance races. He has been laboratory tested, and his abilities to produce power and transport oxygen were found to be parallel to those of other top ultra-endurance athletes worldwide.

During the 2004 Race Across America, he was reported to have had only eight hours of sleep during his eight-day, 2958.5-mile (4761.2 km) ride across the United States.
                                                                                                      He died on 24 September 2010 in a traffic accident when he was hit by a car on a forest road in Plavški Rovt near Jesenice.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vpHADHjib4&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vpHADHjib4&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

They measured him against the toughest guy in Ice Hockey throwing a bare knuckle punch (1300lb) a heavyweight boxing champ with 12oz gloves (1300lb) and then Rampage at 1900lb with 5oz gloves, but saying that if he was to throw that punch bareknuckle, it would equate to 2300lb

Would defo be interesting to get all the guys on the punchbag and measure their punches!
                                                                                                        Was never any doubt between 12oz and 5oz, but interesting to see the scale of difference.

Originally posted by Dimoxinil View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=940_EOYRyqU
                                                                                                        1. Science smyience, everyone knows that running up and down a snowy mountain and lifting logs and a cart is the bet way to train for a fight
                                                                                                        2. (plus it was clearly only 1850, only rocky can punch 1900+ with 12oz gloves)

Comment

If you took away the handle of the sword, it'd look like he has a tattoo of a cock going up his chest. Right down to the purple headed veiny warrior. Wouldn't say it to his face tho because i reckon Brock could sure give you a slap!
                                                                                                          Yeah, that was always pretty obvious. Even Mir, for all his shite talk, didn't mention it

Comment

Braylon Edwards, i've seen worst first touches
                                                                                                            ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

Anyone watchin this game, it's turnin into a rip snorter of a game.
                                                                                                              ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

Originally posted by JackBurton View Post
                                                                                                                Anyone watchin this game, it's turnin into a rip snorter of a game.
                                                                                                                Yup. Another great game. Don't understand why Dolphins didn't run it there from the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                                                                  Yup. Another great game. Don't understand why Dolphins didn't run it there from the 2.
                                                                                                                  Ya but their havin so much success thru the air, probably just stickin with what is workin, but it's marginal alright

Comment

up all fecking night ill. never liked throwing up but the 10 minutes afterwards is always a respite, then the body remembers oh yeah he's ill, get him :-(

Comment

you havnt factored in mensturation, these are wasted days in a relationship early on.
                                                                                                                      rejig your schedule to take this into account and your plan is perfect

Comment

that is all.
                                                                                                                        considerig you are broke, this is an epic brag post. WP

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          Off work sick since Thursday so read a lot on boards. Some of the admins reasoning and resolution process stuff is just bizarre.

Also there was a couple of laugh out loud posts in economics, makes me wonder how these people tie their own shoelaces.
                                                                                                                          One guy started a thread looking for ideas on how to raise €3B in the budget. And his own idea was
                                                                                                                          Was reading it a few days ago, bizarre ideas to say the least.

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                                          More 2+2 fun

The Doyle one is good, but the Thor hansen one cracked me up
                                                                                                                          It's as old as the hills.
                                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X