• Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
      €28K a year, €2k prsi a week

obviously you just divide by 52

really you should just join the green party

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Stephen invited you to "Paysafecard Ladies Poker Championships 2010" on 20 March at 12:00.
        Are you trying to tell me something Stephen?

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
          ahhh dodgy kebab

]

HEY!! WHO TOOK MY KEBAB

a man can't go for a dump around here but someone robs his kebab

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

That's it, I'm going to Zaytoon for the first time tomorrow for my lunch!!! It better live up to expectations!

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
              obviously you just divide by 52

really you should just join the green party
              I love John Gormless, or whatevere his name is
              Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
              That looks fucking delicious. I would devour it right now!!!
              Searchin' for the brown sause quote from this. No joy [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8EGCC9NNvo[/ame]
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                Norman Rockwell's Birthday today.

In one of those weird coincidences, I was looking up some art yesterday and random came accross Rockwell, I wouldn't on know much about him before then, planning on getting a print at some stage, or maybe reproducing

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                Yule is now solskar on here and on holidays for a few days. BCB is around and looking to catch a break*.
                Name changes are confusing, esp when it also the name of a different ex-boards

I still don't know who half the new names are

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                  That's it, I'm going to Zaytoon for the first time tomorrow for my lunch!!! It better live up to expectations!
                  are you getting a plane or taking the ferry (like those fu*king greens)

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 04-02-10, 00:09.

Comment

also, I was cleaning up the apartment last night to get ready to move out and I found a load of books from roommates and previous tenants. I tossed most of them, but i'm cionsidering reading these few, any opinions;

Crime fiction
                      Devil Bones - Kathy Reichs (started this one)
                      Along Came a Spider - James Patterson
                      Another crime book, part of a series with Cross in the title, not James patterson, female lead

Crime non-fiction
                      The General - Paul Williams
                      Killing Pablo - Mark Bowden

Comment

Comment

If looks could kill! Tom hanlon doesnt look to happy on Boyles main poker page!

Comment

Along Came A Spider is a decent airport type read.

EDIT: Yeah what hitchhiker said!
                            Last edited by TommyGunne; 04-02-10, 00:39. Reason: Sloooooow at posting
                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                              No one ever listens to Philip did you find it like an hour to long?
                              No not really just thought it was crap overall.

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                              You Should have went to see "Up in the air"
                              You must of missing my posts about this movie, i cannot understand why its getting all this oscar hype i didnt really think much of it.
                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Just chatting to my brother who was listening to George Hook while driving. He was raving about The Wire apparently, said it was the best tv series he had watched.
                                A viewer rang in saying he struggled to follow it, Hook tells him to maybe turn on the subtitles, said he certainly had to do it to understand the corner boys.
                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                  JEDWARD for number 1! Love it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC8nCuhVRLQ
                                  Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                  The song is amazingly catchy. I love it!
                                  It might be catchy but it's too long. Almost 4 minutes for basically a gimmick song will lead to it getting boring pretty quickly. Should have been 3 minutes max imo.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                    Just chatting to my brother who was listening to George Hook while driving. He was raving about The Wire apparently, said it was the best tv series he had watched.
                                    A viewer rang in saying he struggled to follow it, Hook tells him to maybe turn on the subtitles, said he certainly had to do it to understand the corner boys.
                                    I would not of expected that from him, i lent it to a Polish dealer from the SE he said he found it hard to follow the slang and had to use the subtitles.

Comment

Killing Pablo is absolutely brilliant - it was a huge bestseller about 5 years ago.

Along Came a Spider is just your standard Patterson crap - reliably stupidly entertaining but best kept for a very rainy day.
                                      yeah, that's what I was thinking. I've never read any Patterson, despite having bought a few at this stage as presents. Kathy Reichs is likely similar, but at the author is an ex-forensic anthropologist, it's flooded with lots of crime and science jargon that I tend to break down to try understand what it means. There's a strange satisfaction from understanding a word you've never seen or heard before.

Killing Pablo gets thumbs up from everyone. So that's going in the bag. I'll probably read The General, despite having seen the film, and a dislike for Williams.

At work, we were talking about books we've read recently; I got a few funny looks, I listed 7 or so books i've read in the4 last few monthys, most were centered around drugs and/or sex in some way, the only exception being a book on serial killers (actualy, most serial killers are sexually disturbed so; check box)

I didn't plan any sort of reoccurring theme, it just happened. I got a few funny looks from some of the conservative women. Especially when I said they were some of the best books I've every read.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BDVvB7Xx1w[/ame]
                                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by AdMMM View Post
                                          There's also a level of pure focus and concentration that's associated with competition, a single train of thought which is difficult to derail. Learning how competitiveness is structured will possibly help me explore how to derail and reach such competitors (from a marketing perspective).
                                          The pure focus and concentration of competition, sometimes called being in the zone in sports, is a subset of the psychological phenomenon known as Flow which has been described by the positive psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.

I have his book on it in front of me here but since you don't share my phenomenological experience that's not much use to you. Here's a TED talk from him on it:
                                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXIeFJCqsPs[/ame]

By the way his name is pronounced Cheeks-sent-me-hi.

Comment

Speaking of Sesame Street,

Cookie Monster Warlord

Comment

One below is NSFW

SPOILER

Comment

I'm f*cking sick of losing to river Aces! I'm playing well, knowing i'm miles ahead, getting the money in and getting smashed by river aces, running cards......... GGRRRRR!!!

Comment

Killing Pablo is absolutely brilliant - it was a huge bestseller about 5 years ago.

Along Came a Spider is just your standard Patterson crap - reliably stupidly entertaining but best kept for a very rainy day.
                                                  Agreed about Killing Pablo. Ive not read more than 2/300 books in my leisure time, yet this is certainly one i hope to read again.

Also highly recommend Shantaram by gregory roberts to anyone. Best book ive ever read, please do try it

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                  George hook chatting to Bodie - subtitles would be needed both directions

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                  Haven't time for a full post on the last few days, so I'll be brief.

Few friends and I from college in Galway wen't to Dublin to watch old school play rugby match.

Went out in Dublin last night.

Got very drunk, then hungry so got a kebab.

Woke up this morning, and got sick. Then got sick again. And again.

Went to some pharmacy, got sick on the way. Again when I got home.

Drove back to Galway, got sick on the way.

Went home, got sick on that journey too.

Now in bed at home, and I'm going to get sick again in the next few minutes I reckon.

Feels like theres something living inside me, FML. Let my aces get busted anyday
                                                  Food poisoning is one of the most disgusting feelings ever. Get betr soon
                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

[QUOTE=Semibluff;6526]Agreed about Killing Pablo. Ive not read more than 2/300 books in my leisure time, yet this is certainly one i hope to read again.

Also highly recommend Shantaram by gregory roberts to anyone. Best book ive ever read, please do try it

absolutely brilliant book

Comment

Up in the Air

Watched it last night and have to agree with other poster that it didn't wow me. Alright, but too 'cliched' and pretty obv all along what would happen. Not a chance in hell any oscar performances for any actors.

I can understand why half the degens on here would like it though - the word OMAHA coming up on the screen every ten mins

Comment

On George Hook, he was answering questions i nthe rugby forum on boards yesterday for a few hours.

Hi folks, We may have a visit from the great man here soon, maybe even as early as tonight. I'd like to get some good questions for George to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                          On George Hook, he was answering questions i nthe rugby forum on boards yesterday for a few hours.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055817876
                                                          Speaking of answering questions, I think the new forum needs someone to go down the Well. Anyone want to nominate a poor unfortunate?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055817876
                                                            Originally posted by Hookindo
                                                            Stephen Jones is a biased, anti Irish, rubbish journalist
                                                            Brilliant!

Comment

Comment

Howyis,

Moved over from the dark side last Monday (member number 400) but wasn't able to post until today for some reason. Just wanted to say hello and make it known how happy I am that 'stealth vagina' is in the discussion tags again. Don't know how I would have coped otherwise.
                                                                Fair play to all for setting this up, good on ye. Look forward to reading and posting for manys the day to come.

Comment

Tiger shark spotted off the coast

SPOILER

Comment

Comment

The 'Top Ten at Ten: Guess the Year' is such a great radio invention. It's the only saving grace of radio really.
                                                                      5Live is top notch radio.

Comment

Random q: anyone want to guess how many graveyards there are in use in Ireland today?

Know the answer, but it was a bit surprising...

(p.s. boards.ie poker forum doesn't count as a graveyard!)
                                                                        725?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                          Speaking of answering questions, I think the new forum needs someone to go down the Well. Anyone want to nominate a poor unfortunate?
                                                                          Hookindo imo
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Random q: anyone want to guess how many graveyards there are in use in Ireland today?

no idea but it is a growth industry, some lad in Wexford just opened up an environmentally-friendly graveyard the other day. You get buried in cardboard, no headstones, nice tree-lined natural location, no religious overtones.

looked pretty nice tbh

Comment

3k +
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                Flushdraw FTW....

Comment

...
                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 04-02-10, 10:44.

Comment

I was listening to the Bernard McNamara story this morning aswell

I won't ruin the fun by giving away the answer

Edit: yep that's the figure i heard above

Comment

...

Comment

hmm. So i'd be right in thinking that 37 is a low enough number for in-use graveyards? Strange to think that everyone will be buried in such a small number of areas really.

Actually come to think of it, it'd be kind of cool to get five more graveyards up and running. The answer to the question "What's the meaning of life?" would then be slightly weird.
                                                                                        Hmmmm only 37 seems very low, there are 3 in use graveyards in Waterford City alone.

Is this the old Dublin media bias just ignoring the rest of the country again?

Comment

hmm. So i'd be right in thinking that 37 is a low enough number for in-use graveyards? Strange to think that everyone will be buried in such a small number of areas really.

Actually come to think of it, it'd be kind of cool to get five more graveyards up and running. Then the answer to the question "What's the meaning of life?" would be slightly weird.
                                                                                          37 is wrong. Sure there are something like 5 that I know of in a 10 miles radius from my home in rural Sligo.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

"There are currently 37 graveyards in use in the countrycounty, and many of these have reached or are nearing their full capacity," a submission on behalf of Versonwood stated.
                                                                                                FHQ

Comment

never mind
                                                                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                    Discovering so much good music whilst listening to this Bob Dylan radio show, it really is brillant.
                                                                                                    Theme Time Radio Hour is the greatest cultural achievement of our time.

Its all available from the cousins for anyone who is dumb enough not to already have their mp3 player full of them.
                                                                                                    Strangely one of the student's parents are from Portlaoise, my birth place, and she had spent all her summers there as a kid. Fcked if i could think of a single good thing to say about that kip though.
                                                                                                    Grew up there at the wrong time IMO there was a time where it was the best town in Ireland to grow up and run wild in.

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                    Watched it last night and have to agree with other poster that it didn't wow me. Alright, but too 'cliched' and pretty obv all along what would happen. Not a chance in hell any oscar performances for any actors.

I can understand why half the degens on here would like it though - the word OMAHA coming up on the screen every ten mins
                                                                                                    I think Lloyd is right about Clooney in this, absolutely wonderful piece of acting. Perhaps its just him that raises the whole film but I feel that there is something at the core of this film in the performances and the cinematography that works to lift the film as a whole beyond the bare plot and script which are as functional as Clooneys lifestyle to absolutely nail the zeitgeist. Its a movie that on the surface provides a nice 90 mins entertainment but somehow asks a lot of questions without any half assed attempt to answer them.

Still isn't as great as Anvil, the story of Anvil which I'm shocked not to see on the awards lists , WTF Maybe it didn't qualify.
                                                                                                    I haven't seen any mention of it here does nobody else love it as much as me?
                                                                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 04-02-10, 11:02.
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Is now as good a time as any to cash a US cheque? Not urgent but I want a new toy.
                                                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

No way there is only 37. There is like 5 within 40 mins of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          Looks Like I'll have to head to Mozambique for next week so now have to choose whether to spent my weekend in Kenya or there. Decisions decisions
                                                                                                          seeing as you're online, I would say head to Mozambique for your downtime. We had a company w/e there a few years ago and it was fantastic, beach huts, snorkelling, cold beer and massive prawns peri-peri on the braai (you will struggle to eat 3). Nyom, nyom....

don't go off the beaten track (literally, don't step off the road or marked path) as there's still loads of unexploded ordinance left over from the CW!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                            37 is wrong. Sure there are something like 5 that I know of in a 10 miles radius from my home in rural Sligo.
                                                                                                            1 per person?

seems excessive imo

Comment

Non and multi Denominational Woodland Burials and funerals (catering etc.) is going to be a huge business. If I had land and or enough money (very long term investment) there is a fantastic business to be built in the right location.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                seeing as you're online, I would say head to Mozambique for your downtime. We had a company w/e there a few years ago and it was fantastic, beach huts, snorkelling, cold beer and massive prawns peri-peri on the braai (you will struggle to eat 3). Nyom, nyom....

don't go off the beaten track (literally, don't step off the road or marked path) as there's still loads of unexploded ordinance left over from the CW!
                                                                                                                I'm sold, this place is a bit of a kip and its a big enough trip down to the Serengetti. hopefully I can get the travel arrangements in place .

I ended up feeling sorry for you last night, I spent the evening with a loud drunk enormous Suith Affrikanner who spent the whole night roaring at me shyte like
                                                                                                                "PoC is a dirty player and he dissed the Boks by not going to their dressing room after the first test"
                                                                                                                "We are not a rough team like the Irish"
                                                                                                                "Burger was just feeling for the ball"
                                                                                                                "We were proud to wear the Armbands, why shouldn't we be"
                                                                                                                "The NZ rebel tour were Martyrs"
                                                                                                                "Why are we always so harshly treated when the punishments are handed out"
                                                                                                                etc. ad nauseam

He was way to big to hit.
                                                                                                                ...................

Ah FFS as I was typing that get a call that the customer wants me to stay here till next week ... Time to start playing politics (Basically I'm here because everything that was wrong was automatically our fault , I quickly prove that its all the Boks fault, he's very unhappy and probably just wants me to stay so that he won't look guilty on his own rather than for any help I can be).

Comment

I ended up feeling sorry for you last night, I spent the evening with a loud drunk enormous Suith Affrikanner who spent the whole night roaring at me shyte like
                                                                                                                  "PoC is a dirty player and he dissed the Boks by not going to their dressing room after the first test"
                                                                                                                  etc. ad nauseam

He was way to big to hit.
                                                                                                                  I took my revenge after we beat them in the autumn international!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

always with the scaremongering!

Comment

etc. ad nauseam

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXW_L1Jx_2g[/ame]
                                                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                                        always with the scaremongering!
                                                                                                                        I wish I was, sadly it's correct, lots of one-legged punters

Comment

this raised a chuckle

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X