This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    good idea; they seem to happily call down with A high or 55 on a KQJ9x board
    Indeed and its normally miles ahead of my range

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
      I know you're new and all (or are you),
      but despite the title, no-body here really cares about bad-beats, but even less so when you lose a coin-flip

"ohhh contrare rodney, ohhh contrare"

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
        Just been

Serious Fat coppers birds inside

Chicken Kebab FTW
        Nah, its the mixed doner meal you're after.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III
          not to racially stereotype or anything but that looks like a tasty table draw!
          Only seat 9 and 10 have minor cashes on Hendon Mob so should be ok. I am sure McLovin will keep folding to my button raises.

Comment

Anyone doing the rugby fantasy league on RTE for the 6Ns?
            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
              Anyone doing the rugby fantasy league on RTE for the 6Ns?
              looks like a bit of craic

give me your thoughts so I can steal your best ideas.

For try-scoring backs, I want Bowe anyway for this weekend, probably Kearney too.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

the really sad thing for the guys who were prudent and swerved the hype is that they're going to be handed the bill for the debt monkeys anyway! So while they should be rubbing their hands together Mr Burns style and bidding on nice gaffs for a quarter of the bubble price, they're getting screwed with higher taxes to fund NAMA, bank recaps and the inevitable NAMA II (bailout of the debt monkeys)

moral hazard me arse
                I actually disagree on this bit. I reckon I've been underpaying taxes for years thanks to people borrowing to pay stamp duty and paying VAT on expensive cars etc. Even with the wastage in the public finances I still probably got "value".

The rates currently are a bit too high for the benefits I'm getting at the minute however the actual rates in other countries aren't too low either.
                I also received a pretty cheap and decent education that in other places in the world I'd still be in debt paying off.

The primary difference is that your net income goes a good bit further in most other countries but if you are still on bubble money in Ireland you are probably an economic winner at the moment. In a few years time once wage cuts and deflation hit everyone in Ireland (and they will imo) and we continue to pay high taxes long beyond what people in other countries have to do then you get screwed for being immobile.

Of course my view 18 months ago was that these days would come in a period of 2-3 years but the reality is it looks more like 5 years (so 3.5 more years say) before this becomes really pronounced.
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

'cuse grammar/spelling bleary eyed.
                  Played the Sat last night (or should I say 5.30 this morning) 15 tickets out of 270ish players. I went out in about 19th place which was a bit of a pox but still I got 550 (equiv buy in) so it was a protift and I had one rebuy. So a good profit. Some comical play alright, watching As getting cracked by rubbish for huge all ins was hysterical early on. I got absolute rubbish for most of the night but played a Dokesque solid enough game to get into the money, with 20 left the blinds were huge and it was basically a pushfest, so freerollling for a ticket I pushed in the cutoff with the monster that is 9, 6 , to be called on the blind with JJ. Ah well was going to struggle in it seen as I'm in work this morning after a couple of hours kip. Danutpeddler was still in so hopefully got his ticket (gas man) he done a nice dogging job with 44s on AA and QQ (I think) . Anything been happening ?

Comment

Originally posted by GrangeUtd View Post
                    iskanders > zaytoons
                    People eating in Iskanders makes baby Jesus cry.

Eating in Zaytoon =

pandapower99.blogspot.com

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqlQS5CCmwI&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

looks like a bit of craic

give me your thoughts so I can steal your best ideas.

For try-scoring backs, I want Bowe anyway for this weekend, probably Kearney too.
                        It's all about the penalty takers for me. Not having Parra and Paterson on your team would be very stupid. After that you have to work with the 4 max from each team and think somewhat longer term in light of the subs rules....

(Obviously I have Bowe but Kearney had to get dropped for Paterson) Also Trimble is listed as a centre so thats a way of getting 3 wingers on your team.

Also when picking your "filler" you need to try and pick guys who tend to get 80 minutes for an extra point....

P.S. I'll try and set up a private IPB league for bragging rights this evening or tomorrow (It's blocked at the moment)

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                          People eating in Iskanders makes baby Jesus cry.

Eating in Zaytoon =

thanks from baby jesus

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

It's all about the penalty takers for me. Not having Parra and Paterson on your team would be very stupid. After that you have to work with the 4 max from each team and think somewhat longer term in light of the subs rules....

(Obviously I have Bowe but Kearney had to get dropped for Paterson) Also Trimble is listed as a centre so thats a way of getting 3 wingers on your team.

Also when picking your "filler" you need to try and pick guys who tend to get 80 minutes for an extra point....
                            also seems like you should weight your pack in favour of lads who tend to get involved more in scoring\assisting tries?

i.e. no point in picking the likes of Hayes or O'Callaghan (workhorses) but Heaslip\Hardinordoquoy dynamic ball-carrying forwards are the way to go?

Comment

also seems like you should weight your pack in favour of lads who tend to get involved more in scoring\assisting tries?

i.e. no point in picking the likes of Hayes or O'Callaghan (workhorses) but Heaslip\Hardinordoquoy dynamic ball-carrying forwards are the way to go?
                              Well that is level 2 thinking. I wasn't going to give you my entire playbook!!

Comment

I actually disagree on this bit. I reckon I've been underpaying taxes for years thanks to people borrowing to pay stamp duty and paying VAT on expensive cars etc. Even with the wastage in the public finances I still probably got "value".
                                interesting take, what about future 'value' foregone in monies that get burnt on bank recaps\NAMA etc/

Of course my view 18 months ago was that these days would come in a period of 2-3 years but the reality is it looks more like 5 years (so 3.5 more years say) before this becomes really pronounced.
                                we're going Japanese, oh yes I really think so...

Comment

Well that is level 2 thinking. I wasn't going to give you my entire playbook!!
                                  and obv. picking an Irish outhalf would be plain stupid

Comment

and obv. picking an Irish outhalf would be plain stupid
                                    Not for the first weekend it wouldn't. You can adjust you team after each round of games.

Comment

My mate was telling me there that from the 10 billion of debt Irish Nationwide has, NAMA is taking 8 over. They are transfering the handling of Anglo over to some agency and he is going to become a diplomat.
                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

interesting take, what about future 'value' foregone in monies that get burnt on bank recaps\NAMA etc/
                                        Oh yeah my future taxes when 30-50% is spent on interest and recaps etc won't be value. Right now all of our taxes aren't paying for the services. True the services are too expensive (in my subjective opinion) but even if they weren't we wouldn't be paying enough right now. In future years this will all have to repaid along with paying for the FF stupidity. I won't be hanging around for that bill to arrive at my table though....

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                          he is going to become a diplomat.
                                          good career and life move imo

partying for your country ftw

Comment

Uggh, just had the displeasue of taking a phone call from one of the warehouse lads relatives (do not allow mobiles on the floor) to say his 17 year old sister has been found dead this morning and can he come straight home.

Comment

Not for the first weekend it wouldn't. You can adjust you team after each round of games.
                                              didn't realise that (must read more carefully); how many changes are you allowed?

Comment

didn't realise that (must read more carefully); how many changes are you allowed?
                                                I had 3 in my head but I can't check it now....

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                  Uggh, just had the displeasue of taking a phone call from one of the warehouse lads relatives (do not allow mobiles on the floor) to say his 17 year old sister has been found dead this morning and can he come straight home.
                                                  That's terrible. That puts things in context. God rest her soul.

Comment

This any good?

i know SFA about rugby TBH.

Comment

Thread title is a bit Fridayun.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                        This any good?

What site is that? linky pleasy

Comment

This any good?

No bad at all. Personally I'd have parra at scrum half but other than that it looks good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                            What site is that? linky pleasy

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                              hand from a 1/2 NL table at the deepstack game yday.

couple of frenchies limp and 5 players see the flop of Qx 6h 2h - small blind leads for 7, BB calls 7, C/O make it 25, SB makes it 60, fold and the C/O calls.

Turn is a 2. SB shoves. C/O take no longer than 5 seconds to shrug his shoulders and fold 62 face up.

games were sh1te obv.
                                                              What?? How deep were they playing???

Comment

This any good?

Clerc isnt starting for France and rumour has it that BOD is a doubt for Ireland. Apart from that looks good - as others have said bring Parra in at SH as he will probably be taking the place kicks for France

Comment

This any good?

too busy laughing at your Freudian slip in the top right corner to care

Comment

Great hand(for me) last night on the money bubble of the Sat, I've got 92, 92, 82 umpteen times on the trot and with everyone on push mode my diminishing stack had hardly a chance to go in , so I've about 8k left, blinds are 2-4k 200 ante (I think)
                                                                    I push with K 9 on the button and the SB folds and the Big blind folds. (LOL) thanks mon ami.
                                                                    In fiarness to the French I enjoyed some of their company, one guy who noticed I may not make it past the bubble whispered to me. My friend if you push my BB I will fold AA for you. LOL. I think my rendition of Jenni from Le block impressed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                      hand from a 1/2 NL table at the deepstack game yday.

couple of frenchies limp and 5 players see the flop of Qx 6h 2h - small blind leads for 7, BB calls 7, C/O make it 25, SB makes it 60, fold and the C/O calls.

Turn is a 2. SB shoves. C/O take no longer than 5 seconds to shrug his shoulders and fold 62 face up.

games were sh1te obv.
                                                                      Keep me a seat i'm on the way...Wtf
                                                                      "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Lads I've set up a league

code is

Comment

Is it me or has the skin just changed?
                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

yeah just changed - already dont like it

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                              Is it me or has the skin just changed?
                                                                              Yep, we've changed the default skin, the old style is still there should you prefer that.

Comment

<shudder> I'm too old,change is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                  Lads I've set up a league

code is

11679

http://www.lorealmenfantasyrugby.ie/
                                                                                  ahem, you seem to have failed to mention how much this will cost to enter

$20 shippable on stars\boyles etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                    <shudder> I'm too old,change is bad.
                                                                                    LOL Wayne, If you scroll down to the end of the page and in the bottom left hand corner select 'standard style' from the dropdown you'll be using the style you are used to.

Now where are those Werther Originals?

Comment

lol i'm having trouble setting myself up on Boyles. Can I just give someone cash?

Comment

I was thinking of it just being for the bragging rights, but dont mind an entry fee if ye like

Comment

I was thinking of it just being for the bragging rights, but dont mind an entry fee if ye like
                                                                                          it focuses the mind

plus I'm due to beat V in some form of prop bet this century and would like to put one over on him on his home turf of rugby!

maybe set up a separate thread for runners to declare their interest?

Comment

Ughhhm the font size is horrible in this new skin, how you change it back?
                                                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                              Ughhhm the font size is horrible in this new skin, how you change it back?
                                                                                              End of the page, select standard style in the bottom left dropdown

Comment

plus I'm due to beat V in some form of prop bet this century and would like to put one over on him on his home turf of rugby!

I don't think we've had a prop bet since the "Mickste buttons on a shirt" free money bet.

I'm actually running bad on my prop bets for the last while and after spilling my guts on the fantasy league you now spring this prop bet on me. lol. Having said that I'll still do $20 per head.

Comment

I think the new skin and font style are really good although when it did change i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me again
                                                                                                  "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

jackyback, where did you get table draw from?

edit: found it, 2 cedrics and an Arnaud

Also Joe O' neill at my table and John Hudson, don't know him
                                                                                                    Last edited by ghostface; 05-02-10, 12:12.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                      "into the fray once more my friend" starin a new job today will be back later with a trip report!
                                                                                                      GL with it.

Damn I so easy to get tilted if this quote tilts me! I'm a meganit
                                                                                                      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

...
                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Do not like this skin AT ALL.
                                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                            Two weeks cig free today. No bother at all giving up really apart from a bit of irritation in the first week. Think it's down to the Alan Carr method and using nicotine replacement therapy. Must get off the nicotine next, but don't think that'll be an issue. Such a stupid habit to have got into and devoted seven years to, but glad to have it behind me now (subject to remaining vigilant for the next few months obv).

Do have a tremendous desire for a pint of Guinness though. It's been building for about a week now. Have been off drink since beginning Jan, so it's a month. No issues at all until last weekend when suddenly the idea of sitting in a pub with a perfect pint in front of me entered the head and now can't get rid of it. Might have to succumb, which is a bit of a pity.

The Mr's swears by Alan Carr,the course worked very well for her.I notice you said "cig free" and not "off the cigs" (implying you're taking a break),very good very good and keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                              Do not like this skin AT ALL.
                                                                                                              Poor you. I happen to like it, although the bingo one in the dropdown list remains my favourite so far. Getting a scalable logo for that though has proven to be a problem as it is the only skin I have found so far where the logo space is a fixed size.

Comment

I'm still without internet in my apartment, I actually just want to beat some fucking sense into NTL/UPC at this stage, they are so useless. Just waiting to hear back from eircom/vodafone to see if I can get broadband through a landline before cancelling the subscription.
                                                                                                                "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Woods back in 2 weeks, pretty sure it probably had been mentioned in here, but first I'd seen of it

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                    Two weeks cig free today. No bother at all giving up really apart from a bit of irritation in the first week. Think it's down to the Alan Carr method and using nicotine replacement therapy. Must get off the nicotine next, but don't think that'll be an issue. Such a stupid habit to have got into and devoted seven years to, but glad to have it behind me now (subject to remaining vigilant for the next few months obv).

Do have a tremendous desire for a pint of Guinness though. It's been building for about a week now. Have been off drink since beginning Jan, so it's a month. No issues at all until last weekend when suddenly the idea of sitting in a pub with a perfect pint in front of me entered the head and now can't get rid of it. Might have to succumb, which is a bit of a pity.

Fair play to you the first two weeks are the hardest no doubt. I'm off them since December 10th (wasn't my idea, two intruders found in my left lung and am still under threat of a lobectomy). Am slipping a little lately though, will have to re-think the motivators.
                                                                                                                    Well done to you. Know exactly what you mean about the pints but it would be a huge trigger for me so must resist them too. Too young for this grown up stuff.

Comment

Woods back in 2 weeks, pretty sure it probably had been mentioned in here, but first I'd seen of it
                                                                                                                      How good a source the Herald Sun is is anybody's guess, but I'll throw this up anyway

Tiger Woods is poised to make a shock return to competitive golf in a fortnight at the Accenture Match Play Championship in Arizona

Only a fortnight after allegedly checking into a sex addiction clinic in Mississippi, the world No. 1 is set to stun the world by returning to the Dove Mountain course where he made his comeback from knee surgery last year.

From the time Tiger's trysts forced him into competitive hibernation, speculation has raged about if - then when - he would return.

Pressure continues to mount on the man at the centre of one of the great sporting sex scandals to emerge from hiding before the US Masters in the second week of April.

Because his management has gone to ground with its star client, there remains no official word on Woods' return, but there are strengthening whispers that it will be in the $9.54 million World Golf Championship event, won last year by Melbourne's Geoff Ogilvy and one of the most prestigious titles outside the major championships.
                                                                                                                      It is also a favourite event for Woods, who has won it in 2003, 2004 and 2008.

With Tiger's eye doubtless still on his quest for majors' history, it's safe to assume he will not turn up cold at Augusta and give up a chance to close on Jack Nicklaus's record of 18.

Accenture was among the first sponsors to ditch Woods when all hell broke loose in November, but other elements of his impending return line up.

As a matchplay event, it's more for the purists than perhaps a "regular" tour event would be, diminishing his chances of being harassed.

Similarly, if he was to play badly in round one, he could "disappear" again rather than sit in the glare of the media spotlight until the mid-tournament cut.

And, logistically, it would take away the immediate pre-Masters heat that WILL come when he tees up again.

Either way, watch this space.

Online bookies around the world have many "Tiger special" markets up and odds on him playing the Masters have shortened appreciably. There must be some "knowledge" around for that to occur - and it's hard to believe he won't hit majors' season in full stride.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                        Poor you. I happen to like it, although the bingo one in the dropdown list remains my favourite so far. Getting a scalable logo for that though has proven to be a problem as it is the only skin I have found so far where the logo space is a fixed size.
                                                                                                                        I know zip about the internet and programming/web design etc, just saying I wasn't a fan of the skin.
                                                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X