Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only watched one full episode, the one where he pretends he's in a wheelchair. Was that the theatre one?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
      Can anyone help me, I'm looking for series to watch. It should be 30 mins long (roughly) probably, but not necessarily, comedy. I love The Thick of It, entourage etc etc.
      Every episode of drop the dead donkey imo(if you haven't seen it already of course) Sheer Genius

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        I've only watched one full episode, the one where he pretends he's in a wheelchair. Was that the theatre one?
        Yup..I'd have thought the fact that most of the episode takes place in one might have been a giveaway!

So here it is folks, the bottom of the barrel in terms of news:

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
          Inch of snow fallen in last hour. Fck. Thought all that snow malarkey was in the past by now. Presume its on its way to Dublin too, given that i'm quite close to there.
          Tell me about it - I jsut went out of the office a few mins ago and the place is covered in snow.
          Sure, it looks nice etc, but it makes getting around so damn impractical!

Comment

I'm hearing The Larry Sanders show is awesome, anyone confirm?

Mr Show is probably one of the most original sketch comedy shows I've seen since Python.
            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Gloucester Cheese Rolling

In response to PhantomLords post about Gloucester Cheese rolling
              This is a good song from The maccabees with an really great accompanying vid from the cheese rolling event.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffIaVzavIxE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffIaVzavIxE[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                Yup..I'd have thought the fact that most of the episode takes place in one might have been a giveaway!
                LOL yeah i know, just didn't know if there was 2 and i actually though that was the cinema! but i sae it about 2 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                  i thought the first season of it crowd was great, second season not so much. the epsiode in the theatre (i think?) was just fantastic.

Yes, this my exact opinion of it. It just got worse as it went on imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post

Before football became purely about money he would have been transfer listed for this (why do you think local hero would suddenly move to local rivals in the 70's 80's etc, ridin)
                    add the 90's there as well, and thank god for that. united may never have won the premier league otherwise
                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

JEDWARD for number 1! Love it

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC8nCuhVRLQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC8nCuhVRLQ[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                        Are you kiddin? They took an absolute classic and butchered it beyond recognition!

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                          Some old school Paramount shows if you like them.
                          Two and Half Men (I like for relaxing)
                          Frasier (Good)
                          Becker (I love it)
                          King of Queens (meh)
                          South Park (Season 7 onwards imo)

Also, I.T Crowd and Inbetweeners are okay but kind of piss me off.

Only fools and horses is obviously epic and I recommend it.

Reeling in the years (IDK if its 1hr or 30mins) is good for non comedy
                          Frasier is my personal favourite sit com of all time

Comment

it's funny how many episodes revolve solely around the lack of mobile phones!
                            Thats nuts. I watched pretty much my first ep of Seinfeld last weekend and whatever predicament they were in, the mobile phone thing was my exact thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                              Every episode of drop the dead donkey imo(if you haven't seen it already of course) Sheer Genius
                              Good suggestion, I loved that as a teenager

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC8nCuhVRLQ
                                Its like being stuck in some kind of parrallel weird fkd up universe, where these two useless fkers are the two biggest stars in the world. All man kind have turned retarded, jedward are now running for world leaders no.1 and 2. And your thinking you must be insane for thinking otherwise. For the love of god somebody please think of the children.

Remind me of that comedy movie, that the human race gets dumber as the years go on.

Comment

Originally posted by ditpoker View Post
                                  I'm looking for something between 4k and 7k i think. I found anice audi a4, 2003 for 8k but might be a tad pricey for me.

Any suggestions very much welcome.

Also, if anyone wants a 2000 ford focus let me know!
                                  Nooooooooooooo

You can't sell the focus!!!
                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                    Fullflush is great. Just watching the PKR HU grand Slam on SS2

"I should be beating all of them easily so, it won't be that big an achievment"
                                    I remember seeing him on some other televised show and he got it AI with AK v TT or something and got up giving out to himself saying "I'm too good to be flipping" lol.

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                    How do i stop the tournie announcements on stars ? only the last few days they have started to show in the chat window, very annoying !!
                                    I would also like to know this? Cant seem to find...oh wait...
                                    Options>Tournament Announcements>Block Pop-Up and Chat Announcements

Originally posted by peteypop View Post
                                    too lazy to put through a converter???,why are u too lazy to read the hand.
                                    i could say more but i wont.
                                    Raw hand histories make baby Jezus cry...fact
                                    It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      I've got no interest in local politics

And my agenda is pretty radical as regards national politics (radical situations demand radical solutions after all); I don't think you'll find any mainstream political party advocating that all Irish banks be allowed to fail, for example.

Olly would be a good campaign manager though; he's amoral enough to do anything to win!
                                      I can be your speech writer.

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                      In the morning light, this is a total overreaction.

Not worthy of a trip report, Cliff Notes

- Went to a quiet pub in town
                                      - Going ok, 2 drinks in and a homeless guy walks in, tosses his rucksack into the corner and shoves me across and sits next to us.
                                      - Starts talking me up to her.
                                      - He goes off to get a drink, and we leg it out of sight around the corner.
                                      - Few more drinks, chatting about family and stuff like that.
                                      - Whilst kissing, she whispers my mum's name in my ear
                                      - I tell her to stop, its not cool.
                                      - She puts her hand under the table, checks "me" out, and says the name again
                                      - and again
                                      - and again

- I leave very quickly.
                                      Jaysus, wtf? You just passed on some seriously good sex though.

so bizzare.
                                      I have read a lot of his stuff over the years. I think he's probably educated to a very poor standard, and I believe that percentage of the population is probably more susceptible to the idea that the world is mega rigged.
                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC8nCuhVRLQ
                                        Quoted for awesomness

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                        Are you kiddin? They took an absolute classic and butchered it beyond recognition!
                                        Our first real top Irish newcomer into the music buisness and you wont get behind them? ridiculous

The song is amazingly catchy. I love it!

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                            Frasier is my personal favourite sit com of all time
                                            Yeah, Cheers runs it pretty close too. nearly 30 years of the same character and it was brilliant from start to finish
                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                              Its one of the best shows ever made(imo),
                                              first few series are brilliant, may have got a bit tired near the end but
                                              defo worth digging out
                                              Rip Torn is class it it!

From memory the Gary Shandling show was good too, how it has dated is the question?
                                              //
                                              Proper comedy stuff
                                              Hancocks half hour
                                              Goon show (some have dated badly, some are still the nuts)
                                              Count Arthur Strong Radio show

AND OTHER RADIO SHOWS
                                              available in Ireland on BBC Iplayer, different one every week

Original Lucille Ball show on various sattelite channels

Phil Silvers Show is class and very important as everyone you like in comedy probably watched that as a kid

/
                                              Back to the pokers
                                              Last edited by Guest; 03-02-10, 20:22.

Comment

For TV, it has to be Flight of the Conchords:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqxnm6t3QMw[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1BdQcJ2ZYY[/ame]
                                                Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 03-02-10, 20:19.
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Ipoker tourni tables question

any way to stop the tables bouncing all over the screen when im moved?
                                                  very annoying!!!

and closing the stats page when im moved table annoys me to

fixable or not?
                                                  ta

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                    I can be your speech writer.
                                                    i doubt there'd be any room for pinkos on that team! i've watched the west wing though, i think that makes me qualified to help run a national campaign!

Jaysus, wtf? You just passed on some seriously good sex though.
                                                    yeah, crazy women can't be beat.

Comment

Paolo Nutini music is perfect for the pokerz, two of my favs.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swIKGLqIitI&feature=fvst"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swIKGLqIitI&feature=fvst[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmbUNF1Q4R8&feature=fvst"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmbUNF1Q4R8&feature=fvst[/ame]

Comment

So Edge of Darkness is utterly utterly dreadful
                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post

Mr Show is probably one of the most original sketch comedy shows I've seen since Python.
                                                          + a lot for Larry
                                                          Sinefeld, Curb, Conchords and arrested development would all fit the bill

Originally posted by K1NG View Post
                                                          Tell me about it - I jsut went out of the office a few mins ago and the place is covered in snow.
                                                          Sure, it looks nice etc, but it makes getting around so damn impractical!
                                                          Snow LOL, I can't sleep for the noise of the aircon keeping me cool.

Looks Like I'll have to head to Mozambique for next week so now have to choose whether to spent my weekend in Kenya or there. Decisions decisions

Dylan may be the deciding factor
                                                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gowwdwOleQM&feature=related[/ame]
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Does anyone have a stream for the leeds game?

Comment

YES channel fella is a spurs fan so it should be good enough

Comment

LOL at ITV saying the is defo Proof that Bentley is back to being the next Beckham

he is playing against a right sided midfielder playing left back in a 3rd division team

Comment

they are streaming it on itv atm

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                    No one ever listens to Philip did you find it like an hour to long?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                      Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                      No one ever listens to Philip did you find it like an hour to long?
                                                                      You Should have went to see "Up in the air"

Comment

$10/$20 No Limit Holdem
                                                                        4 Players
                                                                        Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
                                                                        CO ($2,457)
                                                                        BTN ($3,604.50)
                                                                        Hero (SB) ($2,231.50)
                                                                        BB ($2,449)

Pre-Flop: ($30, 4 players) Hero is SB A:club: A:heart:
                                                                        1 fold, BTN raises to $57.50, Hero raises to $215, 1 fold, BTN calls $157.50

Flop: K:diamond: 4:club: A:diamond: ($450, 2 players)
                                                                        Hero bets $260, BTN raises to $745, Hero calls $485

Turn: 6:spade: ($1,940, 2 players)
                                                                        Hero checks, BTN bets $1,940, Hero calls $1,271.50

River: 6:diamond: ($5,151.50, 2 players)

Final Pot: $5,151.50
                                                                        BTN shows
                                                                        6:heart: 6:club:
                                                                        Hero shows
                                                                        A:club: A:heart:

BTN wins $5,148.50 (net +$2,248.50)

Hero lost $2,231.50

Comment

^^^^^
                                                                          Don't suppose this is Macspower in disguise?
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Discovering so much good music whilst listening to this Bob Dylan radio show, it really is brillant.
                                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

...
                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

that john gormley is some donk

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

...

Comment

Hey could any one tell me how much PRSI a person earnin 28k would pay per week

thanks

Comment

btw Emmet - we didn't get enough info on this - why was she saying your mother's name?!
                                                                                      Yeah, was she your aunt, or something?

Comment

...
                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 03-02-10, 23:14.

Comment

Why is Yuletired/BCB not posting here?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                Hey could any one tell me how much PRSI a person earnin 28k would pay per week

thanks

€1,976

here is a link to calculate it for you

Comment

Yule is now solskar on here and on holidays for a few days. BCB is around and looking to catch a break*.

*not very cryptic clue as to username
                                                                                                  Im not very good at cryptic's

Comment

Are you talking about the ESRI report which essentially called him an idiot? Brave move on his part to challenge the integrity of ESRI, given the crowd of idiots he used to back his idiotic stance.

Greens opposing incineration should be shot (and their bodies turned into fertilizer obv).

Remember hearing that most wind farms around the country are objected to by the Green Party. Just shows the level of their intelligence really.
                                                                                                    thats it exactly
                                                                                                    they really are a shower of plonkers they object to everything and have to have an opinion on everything aswell.
                                                                                                    they really should be on the opposition benches with the amt of complaining they do

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                                                                                                      €1,976
                                                                                                      €28K a year, €2k prsi a week

Comment

For the last 4 hours:

Read total of 120,000 words - awarded grades and typed average 200 words for each of 40 assignments corrected - receive average pay of £200 per hour when i ship them off tomorrow to my other job! Badly need new braincells though. Still the speed is highly impressive imo!
                                                                                                        So thats what I gotta aspire to - forget marking my own exams, the money is elsewhere.

Then again, was it worth it - 120k words, 40 assignments, shudder.......

Who?!

Check out the "who are you" thread - might explain why they "are not" here.....
                                                                                                        (Solskjaer/ danutpeddler are the new aliases i think)

Comment

Pretty sure BCB hasn't posted here yet. He's opposed to change in general(unlike his hair follicles)

Comment

Haven't time for a full post on the last few days, so I'll be brief.

Few friends and I from college in Galway wen't to Dublin to watch old school play rugby match.

Went out in Dublin last night.

Got very drunk, then hungry so got a kebab.

Woke up this morning, and got sick. Then got sick again. And again.

Went to some pharmacy, got sick on the way. Again when I got home.

Drove back to Galway, got sick on the way.

Went home, got sick on that journey too.

Now in bed at home, and I'm going to get sick again in the next few minutes I reckon.

Feels like theres something living inside me, FML. Let my aces get busted anyday

Comment

holy cowdung sargentman that coolebeg incinarator is planning on taking all our rubbish

Comment

Is BCB not gimmeabreak?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                  Haven't time for a full post on the last few days, so I'll be brief.

Few friends and I from college in Galway wen't to Dublin to watch old school play rugby match.

Went out in Dublin last night.

Got very drunk, then hungry so got a kebab.

Woke up this morning, and got sick. Then got sick again. And again.

Went to some pharmacy, got sick on the way. Again when I got home.

Drove back to Galway, got sick on the way.

Went home, got sick on that journey too.

Now in bed at home, and I'm going to get sick again in the next few minutes I reckon.

Feels like theres something living inside me, FML. Let my aces get busted anyday

ahhh dodgy kebab

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                    €28K a year, €2k prsi a week
                                                                                                                    sorry divide by 52

Comment

To be honest, I think we could all do with a break from their nonsensical ramblings. I think Yuletired posted something about has been footballers every second day...

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                                                                                                                        ahhh dodgy kebab

That looks fucking delicious. I would devour it right now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                          Is BCB not gimmeabreak?
                                                                                                                          Yeah, sorry my short/medium/long term memory is shot.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X