This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
    No,Joe died a few weeks ago.It was in all the papers.
    You are thinking of Twink, she was rushed to the hoppe but she didn't die. an easy mistake to make though as they are next to each other in the dictionary.

Wha? Twink and Joe Duffy next to each other in the dictionary?

No no. Twink and Twit.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
      You are thinking of Twink, she was rushed to the hoppe but she didn't die. an easy mistake to make though as they are next to each other in the dictionary.

Wha? Twink and Joe Duffy next to each other in the dictionary?

No no. Twink and Twit.
      its hard to kill scutch grass

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        damo72 ?
        Hey WTF, Can someone post Lazare's adress please so i can send those 2 brothers of mine around for a quiet visit .( Well quiet for laz anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
          I was delighted to spot the new John Connolly in the book shop today,think I'll save it for my holidays.

Snap bought last night along with a blender in Asda after subliminal BBV messages. Today will be smoothies in the sun with some top reading getting done.

John Connolly is up there as one of the best writers around imo.
          sigpic
          www.d4events.com

Comment

It was 30 years ago today
            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flVEoNuEYgE[/ame]
            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGMDBppWBOo&feature=related[/ame]
            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTbny4bHkAk&feature=related[/ame]
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Tony.

How come you left out love will tear us apart? Too cliched? Was it before or after curtis/curtain?

Didn't they spawn New Order. Another cool band.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                you said at home, exchange cant handle that afaik
                I said oh to have this at home. Sure my ISP is ebay
                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Tony.

How come you left out love will tear us apart? Too cliched? Was it before or after curtis/curtain?

they're no A-Ha though
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    they're no A-Ha though
                    Manchester V Norway? Joy Division were a bit before Aha. Although I remember Aha more as Joy Division were a little to early for me, New Order were not. The eldest brother has Vinyls of Joy Division in prestine condition, must be worth some bobs.

As for Aha still going I believe, at the end of the month you should see the lead fellow (Morton?) at some stage of the Eurovision in Oslo. Aha remind me of the brightly coloured disco bars were you only drank larger as everything else tasted like shit. Joy Division remind me of bleak rainy evenings in Manchester-> read Dublin.

Comment

Tony.

Played it the other day.
                      Better version here
                      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdmrt72mib0[/ame]
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Just don't click the spoiler button if you feel you're likely to be offended...

Whats the difference between the Icelandic volcano and Madeleine McCann??
                        SPOILER
                        Maddy only ruined one holiday
                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

The reason Barcelona have been banned from playing in Ireland.

This website is for sale! kentarogroup.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, kentarogroup.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

The Republic of Ireland have signed a long-term agreement with Kentaro, who will also organise glamour friendly matches of Giovanni Trapattoni´s men against Brazil and Argentina in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post

SPOILER
                            no.

Comment

SPOILER
                              Not at all funny imo

Comment

'unthank post' icon required imo
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

SPOILER
                                  In terms of Madeleine McCann jokes, thats not bad..

Its all relative though

Comment

u don't have to read it. i even went to the point of stressing that. people
                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

lol, still have no idea whats going on. Who's the annoying fucker that was on radio who died a few weeks ago then?

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNoUi0mpBOc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5fYMjzeW0U[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OOr8LqrBUU[/ame]
                                        Last edited by Guest; 18-05-10, 15:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                          lol, still have no idea whats going on. Who's the annoying fucker that was on radio who died a few weeks ago then?
                                          Joe Duffy,IIRC.
                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

LoL This is sum cock up

Originally posted by PaddyPowerPoker
                                            Just a quick one - we messed up in our Irish Open 2010 TV footage and gave an Lithuanian player's name as 'Vairuotojo Pazymėjimas'...of course we were mortified to find out this means 'Drivers Licence' in Lithuanian!
                                            Last edited by Maloney; 18-05-10, 16:12.
                                            ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                            I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney333 View Post
                                              LoL This is sum cock up
                                              Taking the piss out of the guards with the polish driver license farce obviously.

Comment

LoL This is sum cock up
                                                eeh 99% sure its a polish driver, Garda arrest joke re-written

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                  Taking the piss out of the guards with the polish driver license farce obviously.
                                                  Huh obv im missing something? explain

Comment

Huh obv im missing something? explain
                                                    Irelands worst driver was some Polish guy called Drivers License.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                      eeh 99% sure its a polish driver, Garda arrest joke re-written
                                                      Well, watch the video I linked to in that thread or watch the first episode on Sky Sports 2 tonight at 10pm if you think it is just us reusing an old joke - someone fell for it (on the production team, not a direct PPP employee I should stress! ) and I don't think it was deliberate at all, as we were surprised by the amount of views the video is getting.

Comment

Irelands worst driver was some Polish guy called Drivers License.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                          Well, watch the video I linked to in that thread or watch the first episode on Sky Sports 2 tonight at 10pm if you think it is just us reusing an old joke - someone fell for it (on the production team, not a direct PPP employee I should stress! ) and I don't think it was deliberate at all, as we were surprised by the amount of views the video is getting.
                                                          I dont buy it, PPP, the company that cried wolf one too many times.

ionapaul

Comment

Prawo Jazdy was the "polish fella"

link to the polish one

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I dont buy it, PPP, the company that cried wolf one too many times.

ionapaul
                                                              Ha, well if it was deliberate I swear the Poker team didn't have a hand in it, we're been laughing about the mistake for the past week (obviously it was a fortuitous mistake, with all those tasty views of our heavily branded video! but an honest mistake nontheless I think)

Now that it's be made, we should make a similar (but funnier) mistake in all future TV productions!

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                This is just wrong Zuroph. It isn't even funny. There is much better Madeline McCann jokes

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                  Jeffster rock
                                                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                    i used to love the tv programme "early edition" when the guy got the paper a day early
                                                                    also the show with the mounty from canada (and obv quatam leap too)
                                                                    I used to love that as well. I remember sky 1 showing it. I thought i was the only person in the world who watched that! Very under-rated

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                    Yeah Eagle Eye, first season of Prison Break is excellent. But if you're the kind of person who doesn't like to let a series go without seeing it through to the end, then it might be best not to start.
                                                                    I'm in the minority who rates s2 as highly as s1. I thought there was a lot of good stuff in it.
                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                    But As far as I am concerned the last 15 minutes change. Instead of running away after killing the annoying asian guy Michael, Linc and Sara go on the boat and ride away into the sunset and season 3 +4 never ever happens.

Comment

I've lost my poker mojo.

Comment

Anyone know anything about new passport requirements for entry to the US?. Some friends and I booked flighst to Florida a couple of weeks ago and are due to fly to Florida on Thursday 27th. After successfully completeing the online ESTA application and checking that my passport was valid until September I assumed everything would be ok. However Ive been told by a couple of people in the last 24 hours that you must travel with a passport that can be electronically scanned[mine cant be as it was issued in 2004]. Apparently it must also be valid for at least 6 months. I just checked the US embassy website and they seem to concur with these new regulations. However Ive also been told that the new regulations are not being enforced yet. Can anyone shed any light? Any help greatly appreciated.

Comment

Anyone ever been to Indonesia? Bali or some such? Plus Komodo is there

Comment

Originally posted by Conbro View Post
                                                                            Anyone know anything about new passport requirements for entry to the US?. Some friends and I booked flighst to Florida a couple of weeks ago and are due to fly to Florida on Thursday 27th. After successfully completeing the online ESTA application and checking that my passport was valid until September I assumed everything would be ok. However Ive been told by a couple of people in the last 24 hours that you must travel with a passport that can be electronically scanned[mine cant be as it was issued in 2004]. Apparently it must also be valid for at least 6 months. I just checked the US embassy website and they seem to concur with these new regulations. However Ive also been told that the new regulations are not being enforced yet. Can anyone shed any light? Any help greatly appreciated.
                                                                            If it was issued in 2004 its ok to be scanned, my yr 2000 one was ok in 2009. Who sez it can't be scanned ?

Comment

If possible could one of the kind PPP people please enable my account with player to player transfer capability?

Comment

If it was issued in 2004 its ok to be scanned, my yr 2000 one was ok in 2009. Who sez it can't be scanned ?
                                                                                It can be scanned I guess, its just not electronically tagged. Took info below from embassy website looks like I might be ok from that perspective. Still not sure about 6 month rule

--October 26, 2005 - Passports issued prior to this date must be machine-readable.

--October 26, 2005 - Passports issued on or after this date must have a digital photo. A digital photo is one that is printed on the page, not a photo that is glued or laminated into the passport.

--October 26, 2006 - Passports issued on or after this date must be an e-passport with an electronic chip. Follow link to DHS website for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                  Anyone ever been to Indonesia? Bali or some such? Plus Komodo is there

Pretty serious terrorist attack risk at the moment apparently, travellers being advised not to go, my sister was checking it today as an alternative to Thailand if everything goes tits up. Meant to be brilliant though , gilly (sp?) islands are supposed to be the nuts.

Comment

When I try and log onto Stars its says "connecting to network status" and then appears to search for status for ages-ie I cant log on at all. Is there anything I can do about this-was on the site this morning and was working fine etc etc. Any help appreciated. Tyty.

Actually its for all my poker sites,except in an enjoyable twist when I try and log into Boyles for example it says-"we do not accept bets from your legal jurustiction"? WTF.
                                                                                    Last edited by Closed_Account; 18-05-10, 18:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      Maybe they just realised that the real star of the show was John Hannah's sneer and that a prequel would be n times better than whatever they come upo with as a sequel.

Really weird show I saw the first episode on a low res version and it just seemed so weird that I couldn't figure out what to make of it, I hated the next few but herself loved it. By ep 7 or 8 we were completely hooked.

For whoever is looking for TV shows, Deadwood is better than almost everything else on your list. Right up there with the Wire and the Sopranos.
                                                                                      And if you are looking for Comedies Larry Sanders and Modern Family.

That WiMax doesn't sound great ... the future isn't looking all that good for me living in the middle of the bog. Sigh!

Need to have a new Passport by this day week at the absolute outside. Pity the fool that tries to stop me.
                                                                                      I actually didnt really like his character at all now the wife on the other hand yeah it seems hit and miss for alot of people they watch the first few and dont like it so dont go and finish it.

As for Deadwood i really like Season 1 and started to watch Season 2 but wasnt loving it so ive had the last 2 episodes left to watch and just havent bothered with them so i doubt i will move on to Season 3 but then again im kind of a sucker and would like to know how it all ends up, so maybe sometime i will get around to it.
                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                        When I try and log onto Stars its says "connecting to network status" and then appears to search for status for ages-ie I cant log on at all. Is there anything I can do about this-was on the site this morning and was working fine etc etc. Any help appreciated. Tyty.

Actually its for all my poker sites,except in an enjoyable twist when I try and log into Boyles for example it says-"we do not accept bets from your legal jurustiction"? WTF.
                                                                                        id say its a german thing.SHSHH dont talk about the war.

Comment

Originally posted by peteypop View Post
                                                                                          id say its a german thing.SHSHH dont talk about the war.
                                                                                          I loled despite myself. But seriously any ideas?

Comment

the best bet is ring boyles on the customer service and get put on to one of the computer geeks who might have an idea how to fix it 00353429393168 im sure if they tell u how to get boyles u will be able to get the other sites other than that i have no idea.

Comment

Whats the deal with the miniECOOP Quadratic thing?
                                                                                              Just started there, every one with 1 chip then when all 9 lost we got refunded our $10, but there is 4 more Quad events later with no entrants, am in this also or what,

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
                                                                                                Whats the deal with the miniECOOP Quadratic thing?
                                                                                                Just started there, every one with 1 chip then when all 9 lost we got refunded our $10, but there is 4 more Quad events later with no entrants, am in this also or what,
                                                                                                that sounds like a bad episode of the twilight zone,lol.

Comment

Ahh nvm, reg just opened on them so in now

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                    If possible could one of the kind PPP people please enable my account with player to player transfer capability?
                                                                                                    have you realised that sending the emails off to pp is a waste of time as well as is chatting to the live customer help and tryin here?

Comment

This is cool.
                                                                                                      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhgfz0zPmH4[/ame]

Comment

Couldn't watch that without constantly thinking:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juFZh92MUOY[/ame]
                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Any of the UK contingent be able to tell me if there's a daft.ie equivalent I should be working off to figure out where to live next year?

And what I should be paying?

Comment

Early Edition and Due South were both class. Loved watching them as well. Fraisers nerdiness was a bit tilting at times though.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                                              Any of the UK contingent be able to tell me if there's a daft.ie equivalent I should be working off to figure out where to live next year?

rightmove.co.uk is a good start. Cost depends where you are looking.
                                                                                                              sigpic
                                                                                                              www.d4events.com

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post

Hey Emmet, any joy with the coaching yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                                                                  Hey Emmet, any joy with the coaching yet?
                                                                                                                  threw up a post, haven't heard anything yet though. Thanks for the link!

Comment

I'm stealing this from a mates Facebook post

Went hiking with my mate the other day, half way to the summit I fell, slipping a disc in my spine. He looked at me and grinned saying "I guess you could call this 'Brokeback' mountain".

"Very funny, but I haven't broken my back."

"I know, but I'm about to fuck you."

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
                                                                                                                      Friend of mine as a work thing was playing with an new app for the iphone that sounds amazing. Hard to explain but basically you point the iphone at a certain place on lets says a table and when that point is viewed through the iphone you can see a 3d guy on the table which you can control. The one he played with gave the illusion that you were controlling a 3d model of a footballer that was sitting on the table which you could make do tricks with the ball.

This looks like earlier versions of what he is talking about. I like the name augmented reality

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0bitKDKdg0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WAb3iuPqoo[/ame]

Opr
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Opr; 18-05-10, 20:13.

Comment

Anyone else getting slow intermittent service on UPC this evening?

Comment

anybody here play mafia wars on facebook?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X