This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
    Since this is a wonderfully world wise group of people...let's say you wanted to go somewhere for the couple of months July / August with the idea that it could be pretty much anywhere in the world but that it would be dirt cheap to live there once you arrive. An example which I'm shooting down is Goa because that's the monsoon season there (which eliminates many places in Asia).

Sunny would be nice, beaches too, but not strictly necessary. Add 2 young children to the picture, so 4 people. Any and all suggestions appreciated. This time last week my socioeconomicbeachy profiling was leading me to the bizarre idea of Albania on the Ionian Sea. I'm sure there are better suggestions.
    Malta?
    Croatian coast?

Comment

Since this is a wonderfully world wise group of people...let's say you wanted to go somewhere for the couple of months July / August with the idea that it could be pretty much anywhere in the world but that it would be dirt cheap to live there once you arrive. An example which I'm shooting down is Goa because that's the monsoon season there (which eliminates many places in Asia).

Sunny would be nice, beaches too, but not strictly necessary. Add 2 young children to the picture, so 4 people. Any and all suggestions appreciated. This time last week my socioeconomicbeachy profiling was leading me to the bizarre idea of Albania on the Ionian Sea. I'm sure there are better suggestions.
      Maybe I've seen too many films/read too many books that paint the place in a romantic light but Mexico seems feckin class and I shall be packing off there as soon as I get a chance.

I was talking to 2 Mexicans from Chihuahua (read: drug cartels) when out a couple weeks ago and they said a lot of the border states are dodgy but the Pacific coast is mostly rural villages, class beaches, cheap bars and restaurants etc etc. You're most likely to get mugged/pickpocketed in Acapulco, Tijuana or other touristy places than the genuinely Mexican places supposedly.

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
      Bulgaria
      I'm going interrailing during the summer and the other lads I'm going with are staying in Bulgaria for a week at the end (I'm not, can't afford it). Some of the Black Sea resorts are meant to be pretty nice and Burgas>>>>Varna if the testimonials I've heard are to be believed.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exX_7ctgi1I[/ame]

Comment

Ugh at daire's avatar. Freaky.

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
            Did Delaney_Kid post on boards? If so he has final tabled the 10k main scoop and is down to 11 players in the 1k m buyin....sick sick stuff.
            Wasn't there a poster called delanc8 or similar?

Comment

English stereotypes ftw

Watching Celebrity Juice (ya I know)
              Two male comedians start kissing, whole room laughing their arse off EXCEPT for the young black male rapper who couldn't look less comfortable if stripped naked and thrown into the George on a bingo night

whole world need a kick up the arse!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl1hyv685N4[/ame]

Comment

Mexico is the nuts if you don't mind the trip. Fairly sure I posted about it on the old boards for someone, but if you have any q's let me know; spent 6 weeks there beaching it. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                  Ugh at daire's avatar. Freaky.
                  Its bad but the worst was the one rb.ie had for a while on boards, the transexual in the yellow tshirt crying 'Leave Britney alone'.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    Yeah i remember the name from somewhere alright.

Comment

is the upload on this slow???

this looks good though, was alot worse a couple of weeks back

Last edited by pgodkin; 17-05-10, 23:19.

Comment

Originally posted by J10spades View Post
                        Think i might be joining Bubbleking soon! Running so bad the last few months its starting to get funny. 1 outerd tonight against a lad who made a "hero call" on the flop saying "theres no way you have the ace " i totally overplay top two Ah9h < 1010 A96 1 heart rainbow. .guy beside me says "ah ur ok i folded a 10" lol 10h on the turn gives me a backdoor flushdraw, brick obv! FUCK THIS STUPID GAME.
                        stop playing in the kestrel

Comment

My avatar isn't that bad, surely? If you can manage to get a petition with 10 signatures going I'll change it .

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post
                            My avatar isn't that bad, surely? If you can manage to get a petition with 10 signatures going I'll change it .
                            Signed

Comment

It looks like a kid who was pulled out of a canal dead 3 days after falling in.

Petition started http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...hangefordaire/

Comment

Delanec8 - Cormac Delaney afair

Comment

Think i might be joining Bubbleking soon! Running so bad the last few months its starting to get funny. 1 outerd tonight against a lad who made a "hero call" on the flop saying "theres no way you have the ace " i totally overplay top two Ah9h < 1010 A96 1 heart rainbow. .guy beside me says "ah ur ok i folded a 10" lol 10h on the turn gives me a backdoor flushdraw, brick obv! FUCK THIS STUPID GAME.
                                  we can start a support group

Comment

It looks like a kid who was pulled out of a canal dead 3 days after falling in.

Petition started http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...hangefordaire/
                                    7 supporters already

Comment

One of the petitions up

12 minutes ago Michael Jackson Nomination 2010 Nobel Peace Prize
                                      58841 signatures

ugh least we know there are 58841 morons on that with an internet connection
                                      Last edited by MegaSin; 17-05-10, 23:37.

Comment

Did Delaney_Kid post on boards? If so he has final tabled the 10k main scoop and is down to 11 players in the 1k m buyin....sick sick stuff.
                                        Yeah i remember the name from somewhere alright.
                                        is it eoin delaney i wonder, i know he backed off poker for a bit after going mental when coming 3rd in IO side event but has been online I think.

Comment

7 supporters already
                                          buncha buzzkillers

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
                                            I was just about to ask this. Prob gonna head to it unless there's something better on. What kinna numbers do they get? ty
                                            did you play?
                                            what seat did you start in?

Comment

buncha buzzkillers
                                              lol keep it. Will blend in soon. Chill!

Comment

devout christian that i work with. what does one respond with

"why is killing a pregnant woman double homicide, yet abortion is freedom of choice?"

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                  devout christian that i work with. what does one respond with

"why is killing a pregnant woman double homicide, yet abortion is freedom of choice?"
                                                  When arguing with a devout christian don't even start. I have learned from experience that

1. You are always wrong

2. They are always wrong

3. They are close minded.

I just say I see your point and move on.

Comment

Maybe I've seen too many films/read too many books that paint the place in a romantic light but Mexico seems feckin class and I shall be packing off there as soon as I get a chance.

I was talking to 2 Mexicans from Chihuahua (read: drug cartels) when out a couple weeks ago and they said a lot of the border states are dodgy but the Pacific coast is mostly rural villages, class beaches, cheap bars and restaurants etc etc. You're most likely to get mugged/pickpocketed in Acapulco, Tijuana or other touristy places than the genuinely Mexican places supposedly.
                                                    My only experience of Mexico is Tijuana where a member of this forum was held to ransom by the police demanding 1.5k for his release. Good times. Really wanna see more of the country, but my god TJ is a complete and utter hole in every possible way. Says alot about Irish people that the offer of free drinks until 6am still brought us there weekly.
                                                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

where was this? - fitz - you in red hoodie/top?

Comment

Avatar changed, would like to thank ArmaniJeans for the suggestion.

Comment

Power to the people

Comment

isn't that cormac delaney?

Originally posted by Hornswaggl View Post
                                                            Just back from dinner at FXB's with the missus, nice food, starters, dinner ,a bottle of wine and coffee for just under 100 euro not bad imo

Also where is Eoin Olin's restuarant, i would like to try it as i have only heard good things about it
                                                            You have to cross the liffey

Comment

lol at my 7mb line now.

If I do it in an hour it will probably be 8 times better. Stupid peak time speeds.
                                                              Still not full speed, but a lot better in just under 90 minutes.

Ping still muck though.

Comment

One for the night hawks

4 hour doc about Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers just started on BBC4

plenty of live stuff in it afaik
                                                                saw a bit of it the other day, looks interesting

Comment

bbv passed 30k posts today
                                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

CHD wins at petitions.

Comment

ugh, see whopper fish on £ table, join, and get my stack in against him twice in spots I like. First with AJ on AKJ5 board, he has KK obviously. Second I have AQ IP on him, and the money goes in on the turn of a 64Q6 board. He has KK again!

Losing stacks of £ hurts way more than $.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                        ugh, see whopper fish on £ table, join, and get my stack in against him twice in spots I like. First with AJ on AKJ5 board, he has KK obviously. Second I have AQ IP on him, and the money goes in on the turn of a 64Q6 board. He has KK again!

Losing stacks of £ hurts way more than $.
                                                                        how does HM deal wit that? isn't all the same or is there a way to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                                          bbv passed 30k posts today
                                                                          Around 27.5% of the old one.

Comment

HEM deals with different currencies correctly now AFAIK as long as you have the latest update.
                                                                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                                              Mexico is the nuts if you don't mind the trip. Fairly sure I posted about it on the old boards for someone, but if you have any q's let me know; spent 6 weeks there beaching it. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.
                                                                              Do tell. My first reaction is that any flight of that length ought to end in better country than Mexico, but I'm open to persuasion. Like many of the degens here my only experience of it is TJ. Took a look at boards for your write up, but haven't found a big one.

Just looked at Guatemala, rainy season, GTFO, what's up with these loser countries, no wonder they're all like poor and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                HEM deals with different currencies correctly now AFAIK as long as you have the latest update.
                                                                                yea but how though, like i can see my profit(loss) in $, £ and €, but if i'm at a € table the profit comes up as $, unless i'm a retard and doin something wrong?

Just after seeing that he is on a sick run this year - up like $132K and thats before his last 2 cashes 2day/yesterday - talk about running good... came 9th in the 2k buyin scoop #12...

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                                                  I have no clue about Warcraft, but for some reason I think this gas.
                                                                                  The poor geeks with their 33.33333% chance of surviving.
                                                                                  Then boom
                                                                                  Leroy coms back from the toilet and lets loose

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                                  Delanec8 - Cormac Delaney afair
                                                                                  Yeah, he was.
                                                                                  I've no idea if Delaney Kid is him though.

Still not full speed, but a lot better in just under 90 minutes.

Ping still muck though.
                                                                                  My boss is a huge technophobe.
                                                                                  He can't use the computer and can't understand anything I explain to him.
                                                                                  He doesn't actually know how the internet, email, files etc work.

This is out connection at 10am

Quick example of something stupid he done yesterday.
                                                                                  Received an email with a PDF.
                                                                                  Printed it.
                                                                                  Read it.
                                                                                  Scanned it (so it was back on his computer)
                                                                                  And tried to email back.

Was surprised when I pointed out that sending the original email was faster.
                                                                                  I actually think he thought printed removed the file from the computer.
                                                                                  "The files are in the computer", Zoolander moment for sure

Comment

Let me know your findings plz! i was thinking something similar sans the children.

Comment

...
                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Any decent recomendations for a new tv show?
                                                                                        I already watch/have watched

Lost
                                                                                        Dexter
                                                                                        Heroes
                                                                                        Arrested Development
                                                                                        Californication
                                                                                        Breaking Bad
                                                                                        Entourage
                                                                                        Curb Your Enthusiasm
                                                                                        Fringe
                                                                                        Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia
                                                                                        The Wire
                                                                                        The Office
                                                                                        Modern Family
                                                                                        The Sopranos
                                                                                        Trailer Park Boys
                                                                                        Weeds
                                                                                        Oz
                                                                                        Eastbound And Down
                                                                                        Flashforward
                                                                                        Freaks And Geeks
                                                                                        Last edited by Starvin Marvin; 18-05-10, 01:27.
                                                                                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post

Lost
                                                                                          Dexter
                                                                                          Heroes
                                                                                          Arrested Development
                                                                                          Californication
                                                                                          Breaking Bad
                                                                                          Entourage
                                                                                          Curb Your Enthusiasm
                                                                                          Fringe
                                                                                          The Wire
                                                                                          The Office
                                                                                          Modern Family
                                                                                          The Sopranos
                                                                                          Trailer Park Boys
                                                                                          Weeds
                                                                                          Oz

Comment

The Shield is a good (network) cop show as well.

Comment

Mexico, like anywhere has it's ups and downs but in my time there I have to say the upsides hugely outweighed the down. I basically traveled down the Caribbean coast, went through Belize and Guatemala and then up the Pacific coast. By far my favourite place, and probably my favourite place I've ever been to was Puerto Escondido on the Pacific coast, home of the Mexican pipeline if you're into surfing. The whole place just had a really cool laid back vibe to it, amazing beaches, food, and people. I'm going to bed now but i'll get back to this when I get a chance tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks Megasin but ive seen Oz already, forgot about that.
                                                                                                Never tried the Shield.
                                                                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Prob of no use to you by means of advice but it's all I have for you.
                                                                                                  Me and my girlfriend(at the time) spent 6 months running a bar in a small bar in a family run apartment complex in Malia, in Crete.Free accomidation, Free food, free booze, and practically a vip pass to every bar and restaurant in town.I t was absolutely brilliant for the time we were there but i'd imagine things have changed alot since then.
                                                                                                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Thanks Megasin but ive seen Oz already, forgot about that.
                                                                                                    Never tried the Shield.
                                                                                                    Depending on taste:
                                                                                                    Battlestar Galactica

Regardless of taste:
                                                                                                    The West Wing - don't miss it. Seriously.

Comment

Lost
                                                                                                      Dexter
                                                                                                      Heroes
                                                                                                      Arrested Development
                                                                                                      Californication
                                                                                                      Breaking Bad
                                                                                                      Entourage
                                                                                                      Curb Your Enthusiasm
                                                                                                      Fringe
                                                                                                      The Wire
                                                                                                      The Office
                                                                                                      Modern Family
                                                                                                      The Sopranos
                                                                                                      Trailer Park Boys
                                                                                                      Weeds
                                                                                                      Oz
                                                                                                      Maybe just trying going outside for a bit?

Comment

Eastbound and Down.

The best show in the history of the world.

We need more Kenny Powers.

Comment

Got to 2nd what Kev said earlier. I loved the finale of the Pacific. Some great performances.
                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                          The scene where Snafu gets off the train while sledge is asleep and just leaves him be is so understated yet hugely moving (especially when you consider it says he didn't talk to any marines for 35 years)

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                            Maybe just trying going outside for a bit?
                                                                                                            No, i dont like outside much tbh.

Originally posted by Esprit View Post
                                                                                                            Eastbound and Down.

The best show in the history of the world.

We need more Kenny Powers.
                                                                                                            Seen this too, forgot it on the list. Class show, been waiting for Season 2 for ages and still no word on it.

Comment

The Office US is pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                                did you play?
                                                                                                                what seat did you start in?
                                                                                                                Yup, finished 12th after a spewy shove. Started on table 3 seat 6(was wearing a navy peak cap, glasses n a grey hoody). The standard of play was lol bad and there was some Polish lad that was staring at me like he was going to kill me. He ended up tilting off his chips to me and I thought my life could have been in danger. How'd you get on?

Anyone watching the scoop m/e H? They were discussing a deal 3 handed but the shorty said he wanted an even chop or play on so they're playing on. Still pretty deep stacked and some savage play going on...great viewing. Here's the graph of the lad that didn't want to deal...

...sicko
                                                                                                                Last edited by 72over; 18-05-10, 01:24. Reason: if you were that Polish lad, please don't kill me
                                                                                                                It's all an illusion

Comment

Lost
                                                                                                                  Dexter
                                                                                                                  Heroes
                                                                                                                  Arrested Development
                                                                                                                  Californication
                                                                                                                  Breaking Bad
                                                                                                                  Entourage
                                                                                                                  Curb Your Enthusiasm
                                                                                                                  Fringe
                                                                                                                  The Wire
                                                                                                                  The Office
                                                                                                                  Modern Family
                                                                                                                  The Sopranos
                                                                                                                  Trailer Park Boys
                                                                                                                  Weeds
                                                                                                                  Oz
                                                                                                                  Eastbound And Down
                                                                                                                  Flashforward
                                                                                                                  Gavin and Stacey - very different to those shows but absolutely brilliant
                                                                                                                  Darkplace - Only 6 episodes somehow, if you liked the UK office you should love it though
                                                                                                                  Archer - this in especially. I absolutely cannot recommend this show enough, it is pure comic genius. Just watch it, seriously
                                                                                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Seen this too, forgot it on the list. Class show, been waiting for Season 2 for ages and still no word on it.
                                                                                                                    Haven't heard anything about it either.

It's by far the funniest thing I've watched in a long time and the character of Kenny Powers is one of the best ever created imo, Anyone who hasn't watched it should.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgDaVLCaBzQ[/ame]

Comment

Whats the tourney ID 72?

Comment

Deadwood
                                                                                                                        Firefly
                                                                                                                        Brotherhood
                                                                                                                        Freaks and Geeks

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Esprit View Post
                                                                                                                          Haven't heard anything about it either.

It's by far the funniest thing I've watched in a long time and the character of Kenny Powers is one of the best ever created imo, Anyone who hasn't watched it should.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgDaVLCaBzQ
                                                                                                                          Listen up you beautiful b-tch, I'm about to f-ck you up with some truth.

Is there even definitely a season two? Is it just planned or it is getting made as we speak?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X