This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
    This is the definition of moving the goalposts imo.

Bubbleking's main point was that United were in serious danger of being out of the running for any serious trophy by March and, more or less, he was right.

You belittled his post as being nonsense and, I believe, his last post in this thread was an attempt at rubbing your nose in it. Really good one too as it happens.

Time to take your medicine really.
    To be fair Man U are in no way shape of form out of the running for any serious trophy, and it's April. Surely for his post to be proven right there'd have to be a significant gap in the title race, two points is hardly that.
    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
      To be fair Man U are in no way shape of form out of the running for any serious trophy, and it's April. Surely for his post to be proven right there'd have to be a significant gap in the title race, two points is hardly that.
      There is merit to this, but there is a significant advantage with Chelsea now. Also, I didn't say he was absolutely right, I said more or less as obviously United could still win the PL.

Overall his post was right though.
      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Results Based thinking

Comment

Songs I'm loving right now!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgx_zLhPJiI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IprgVNlFIqM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ0V2VXcyPM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJppnG1tflU&feature=fvst[/ame]

Also, this is an oldie compared to the above but so love this version of Mr Brightside.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BecAdYGGLC0[/ame]

Comment

This is the definition of moving the goalposts imo.

Bubbleking's main point was that United were in serious danger of being out of the running for any serious trophy by March and, more or less, he was right.
            You belittled his post as being nonsense and, I believe, his last post in this thread was an attempt at rubbing your nose in it. Really good one too as it happens.

Time to take your medicine really.
            pftt what a night, Kayroo, I refer you to the bolded part and I say WTF ?

2 points off the lead and they are out of the League LOL

Tomorrow i expect to see the rsie of Portuguese football to it's rightful place in European Football.

Fergie is trying his best to give the Abus a pleasant end of season. Rooney should have been taken off when oviously injured . Carrick should have emerged in the 2nd half with only 1 testicle. bringing on O'Shea who hasn't played since last November was redic , United can't defend, why bring on the opposition to you. Anyway 20 years of success ,we'l forgive him.

I don't think there was any evidence of the resurgance of German football, ok Holland is near Germany and Robben looks like a Nazi but that Bayern team were lucky and won't make the final, my moneys on it already.

I think it's a shame Utd are out but Messi took it easy on them last year , methinks he could have really embarassed the dodgy defence United have this year.

In the meantime bring on the 19th title and 4 in a row. I'm drunk so spelliz be ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
              You can say that again. Supporting Coventry is like having steak without pepper sauce like its still football but is there any point?
              Gary Deegan is the point.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                LOST!
                Holy fuck
                Magic, was seriously considering giving up on the series until this episode.

There is merit to this, but there is a significant advantage with Chelsea now. Also, I didn't say he was absolutely right, I said more or less as obviously United could still win the PL.

Come on dude, no it wasn't - 1) it's April, 2) they are still very much in contention in the premiership. Overall his post was wrong.
                "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

LOL, there is merit to this. His point is 100% valid, they are only out of Europe that's it.

Comment

Good work villagers!
                    "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Woah there Willie.

Again, I refer you to my other post where I by no means say United are doomed to eternal and perpetual failure.

What I said was that Bubbleking was more or less right, which he was. I am not a United, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal fan. I have no vested interests at all. United are more likely than not to end the season with no trophy. True or false?

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                        Good work villagers!
                        just noticed that now. yey. , kev you Dawg.

Comment

United are more likely than not to end the season with no trophy. True or false?
                          100% False, we already have one trophy in the bag.

Comment

More Sid Lowe tweet lolz tonight

"There's these 2 great players madrid shld sign, just taken their teams to semis..... Arjen and Wesley, I think they're called"

Comment

Woah there Willie.

Again, I refer you to my other post where I by no means say United are doomed to eternal and perpetual failure.

What I said was that Bubbleking was more or less right, which he was. I am not a United, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal fan. I have no vested interests at all. United are more likely than not to end the season with no trophy. True or false?
                              False, although I hate to count the LC yoke.

Anyway, read back over your post, bubbleking jumped the gun as did you LOL. Now wheres me gotcha. more or less right , out of contention = Liverpool . In cntention = Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea. ? come on gambini

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                just noticed that now. yey. , kev you Dawg.
                                Ah well, was good while it lasted.

TID now wolves

Comment

Woah there Willie.

Stop digging when you're in a hole.

Comment

False, although I hate to count the LC yoke.

Anyway, read back over your post, bubbleking jumped the gun as did you LOL. Now wheres me gotcha. more or less right , out of contention = Liverpool . In cntention = Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea. ? come on gambini
                                    Ugh, nobody counts that thing. The proper phrasing for my question was: true or false, United are more likely than not to end the season without a single meaningful trophy?

I didn't jump the gun at all. The basic point of BBkings post stands imo. I don't expect you to agree but by all reasonable measures United are far less likely to win the PL than Chelsea.

Comment

Anyway, fun night of football!

I'm now off to enjoy my traditional pre Masters treat of a viewing of the following gem:

"Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Comment

Can you set up a youtube playlist ?

Edit - Google answered it.

Opr

Comment

Ugh, nobody counts that thing. The proper phrasing for my question was: true or false, United are more likely than not to end the season without a single meaningful trophy?

I didn't jump the gun at all. The basic point of BBkings post stands imo. I don't expect you to agree but by all reasonable measures United are far less likely to win the PL than Chelsea.
                                            Keith, I still hope Fulham win the Europa League. Feel the love!

Comment

don't trail laywer me ya bowsie. ya wus wrong

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                Anyway, fun night of football!

I'm now off to enjoy my traditional pre Masters treat of a viewing of the following gem:
                                                I've never seen it, dunno how I missed out on a movie with Matt Damon in it. Ty for putting that up, I'm off to watch it now.
                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                  I actually hope United win the PL to be honest. Obviously Ferguson is closing in on retirement and for all his faults I think he deserves to win at least one more trophy and have the choice to go out on a high this summer.

That said the old man could well outlive us all by sheer force of will I reckon.

Comment

don't trail laywer me ya bowsie. ya wus wrong
                                                    I would never trail ya Willie.

Comment

Does anybody know the name of a Finish poker site operating on the ongame network by any chance?

Comment

+1 - Would love to see Fulham win it!

Comment

Your tieing yourself up in knots. On one hand your defending someone who said their season will be over in march and on the other your saying they're still in contension but less likely than Chelsea!
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

A little bit of fluff for all the cool cats here,I 've posted this before but I just love this, never gets old imo.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdF2zqs1bxQ[/ame]
                                                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

I would never trail ya Willie.
                                                              wus was wrong also but I'm playing the beer card for me spellinz.

This thread was hot earlier (full of LOL also)
                                                              I thought Nani was brillaint tonight but it has got lost in all this jibber jabber. Dunphy is a scallywag i couldn't hear most if it though. LOTS of ABUs in the pub, nearly wrecked the place when Robben scored. I flicked a crisp at one of them.

Comment

Just before I go off watching a movie, I am back using mozilla again and its not crashing. I found this little gem which helps speed up your computer. I have an old laptop which I test any new software on before I put on this one I'm using now.

Anyways low and behold my old xp laptop is now flying, its never worked as fast since I bought it. This program is a memory optimiser but it also clears the file cache which builds up and slows down your machine.

Its called cleanmem and this is where to download it, you won't even notice it running, you will notice a faster laptop/pc though. http://www.pcwintech.com/cleanmem

I'm now thinking that there is a cache problem with mozilla and this sorts it.
                                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                  Gary Deegan is the point.
                                                                  Actually well impressed gives a lot of fouls away, defo the most competive midfielder we have and has scored one or two so cant complain.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                    Your tieing yourself up in knots. On one hand your defending someone who said their season will be over in march and on the other your saying they're still in contension but less likely than Chelsea!
                                                                    Ha, no I am really not. I was defending, albeit with the caveat that he wasn't totally right, BBking's post that United could be out of contention for any meaningful trophy by March. That caveat was there because, while United undoubtedly could win the PL, that eventuality is far less likely than them winning nothing of significance.

Hence, I can say that, on the balance of probabilities at least, United will not win a significant trophy this year. That's not to say they can't of course. It's really a matter of probability. I am sure you've heard of probabilities.

So while my thought processes and arguments might be a tad too subtle to suit your mind I can assure you if I wanted to talk someone into circles I certainly could, although that person would certainly not be me.

Comment

Just downloaded The Pacific, hope it's as epic as people are making it out to be.

Comment

Also, can you get back to me on that PM Kev.

Comment

wus was wrong also but I'm playing the beer card for me spellinz.

This thread was hot earlier (full of LOL also)
                                                                          I thought Nani was brillaint tonight but it has got lost in all this jibber jabber. Dunphy is a scallywag i couldn't hear most if it though. LOTS of ABUs in the pub, nearly wrecked the place when Robben scored. I flicked a crisp at one of them.
                                                                          Nani was brilliant in the first half in particular I thought. He's a frustrating fucker though, no consistency at all.

Comment

Ha, no I am really not. I was defending, albeit with the caveat that he wasn't totally right, BBking's post that United could be out of contention for any meaningful trophy by March. That caveat was there because, while United undoubtedly could win the PL, that eventuality is far less likely than them winning nothing of significance.

Hence, I can say that, on the balance of probabilities at least, United will not win a significant trophy this year. That's not to say they can't of course. It's really a matter of probability. I am sure you've heard of probabilities.

So while my thought processes and arguments might be a tad too subtle to suit your mind I can assure you if I wanted to talk someone into circles I certainly could, although that person would certainly not be me.
                                                                            LOL. eh hold on a sec, errmm...... huh ?

Comment

Keith your all over the place lately
                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                                Actually well impressed gives a lot of fouls away, defo the most competive midfielder we have and has scored one or two so cant complain.
                                                                                Got a few silly red cards last season but if he gets that out of his system he's far too good for Coventry, enjoy while yous have him.

Comment

I don't subscribe to your argument at all. In Spain, Real are probably slight favorites for the league. On the balance of probabilities at least, Barcelona will not win a domestic trophy this season. Are they out of contention and their domestic season over in April?

You do yourself no favours coming across as patronizing and condescending for no good reason at all when your point is hardly concrete. I hope you wouldn't talk down to a jury like that.
                                                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                    Keith your all over the place lately
                                                                                    These exams are killing me tbh...

Comment

Also, this was mentioned earlier, but how fukking good was this weeks Lost? Fantastic stuff. 2 epic episodes in 3 weeks, both up there with 'The Constant' imo
                                                                                      hmmmn. I enjoyed it but it wasn't as good as the constant or flashes before your eyes imo. Still, much needed forward momentum on the sideways.

Oh I haven't logged in here for nearly a fortnight until this afternoon so can someone cliffnotes me any success at the IO amongst any posters?

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                        Got a few silly red cards last season but if he gets that out of his system he's far too good for Coventry, enjoy while yous have him.
                                                                                        He does get booked a lot, and no i dont think he is too good for coventry but he can improve defo a good signing.

Comment

Post is full of bs so like bubblekings original LOL post I'll decline to give it a response.

Oh and probabilities came up once or twice during my statistical degree course in UCD.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                            I don't subscribe to your argument at all. In Spain, Real are probably slight favorites for the league. On the balance of probabilities at least, Barcelona will not win a domestic trophy this season. Are they out of contention and their domestic season over in April?

You do yourself no favours coming across as patronizing and condescending for no good reason at all when your point is hardly concrete. I hope you wouldn't talk down to a jury like that.
                                                                                            The condescending thing I accept, although it mainly stemmed from the ridiculous accusation that I was tying myself in knots.

Your point about Barcelona is pretty silly as it is not like for like either, the word "domestic" as a limitation on the argument is a wholly new addition and is done solely to make your point seem stronger.

EDIT: Addressed to wrong poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                              Post is full of bs so like bubblekings original LOL post I'll decline to give it a response.

Oh and probabilities came up once or twice during my statistical degree course in UCD.
                                                                                              Really, where is the bs?

Other than the condescending thing which I apologise for, unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                Oh I haven't logged in here for nearly a fortnight until this afternoon so can someone cliffnotes me any success at the IO amongst any posters?
                                                                                                Pistol Peter got unlucky to finish 8th, and semibluff and NuckChorris were among a number of cashers from here as well.

Comment

The condescending thing I accept, although it mainly stemmed from your ridiculous accusation that I was tying myself in knots.

Your point about Barcelona is pretty silly as it is not like for like either, the word "domestic" as a limitation on the argument is a wholly new addition and is done solely to make your point seem stronger.
                                                                                                  First of all, I didn't say anything about tying anyone in nots. Even if I did, there was no need to come across the way you did. It made you look very very bad.

Second of all, the point is far from silly. The point is they aren't favourites but are still in contention, and given how close the title race is there it illustrates the point. Essentially what happened is...

- BBking made a claim saying Man United would be out of contention for all major trophys by March
                                                                                                  - Rekop Dog said lol
                                                                                                  - Man United are still in contention for a major trophy, arguably their most important trophy, and it's April. They aren't favorites, but they are in contention.
                                                                                                  - Rekop Dog proved correct. At no point did he say Man U would win the league, or be favourites in April, at least not in the quoted bits. Just laughed at the idea that they'd be out of contention by March. A notion that's proven laughable.

Comment

These exams are killing me tbh...
                                                                                                    you not qualified?

Comment

Oh on United. I think they have exceeded expectations this season tbh. Considering their squad has weakened and the huge injury crisis they had with defenders in December they are lucky to still have a chance at the league. I think under any other manager they would be fighting for an champions league spot and that's it.

The winning mentality that Ferguson has installed has gotten them through the season along with Rooney taken the baton and running with it. They have also been fortunate that this is the weakest premiership in years with every team going backwards.

Their midfield is not up to it at the truly highest level and I don't think he has the money to do much about it... but I will never write a Ferguson managed United team off. Next 2-3 seasons will be very interesting for United imo.

Comment

Taxi for Keith

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post

Their midfield is not up to it at the truly highest level and I don't think he has the money to do much about it... but I will never write a Ferguson managed United team off. Next 2-3 seasons will be very interesting for United imo.
                                                                                                          Do you think Ferguson will be around for the next 2-3 seasons?

Comment

Sledge, I thought I was responding to Rekop, wasn't aimed at you and I edited the last one about tying in knots. Sorry. Also, already apologised for the condescending thing to Rekop.

As for the sequence, I have never once, not ever, said United couldn't win the league or were out of contention. My point, from the very start, was that Chelsea are far more likely than United to win the league.

I never said I agreed with BBking, I said his point had merit.

Comment

Taxi for Keith

I wanted to thank this post but it won't let me for some reason. Just wanted ya to know I appreciated it Willie

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzuB5zGxFFU[/ame]

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                                  you not qualified?
                                                                                                                  Not fully no. 2 more months. Exams take 4 months in total.

Comment

Sledge, I thought I was responding to Rekop, wasn't aimed at you and I edited the last one about tying in knots. Sorry. Also, already apologised for the condescending thing to Rekop.

As for the sequence, I have never once, not ever, said United couldn't win the league or were out of contention. My point, from the very start, was that Chelsea are far more likely than United to win the league.

I never said I agreed with BBking, I said his point had merit.
                                                                                                                    Fair enough Keith, I've no real interest in arguing this anyway, I'd far rather be on the side lol'ing at the result tonight if anything.

Comment

just posting the funniest Vid I have seen in a long while

Slo-mo

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vkDzguHN3c[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                                        Do you think Ferguson will be around for the next 2-3 seasons?

more likely than you ya old goat.

Comment

Edit, this is much better.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgtByWlBSdA&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                                                                          Last edited by dannydiamond; 08-04-10, 00:44.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X