This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fat beat

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      Why is russia such a big export market for ireland?
      pharma I'm guessing?
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

You idiots from Northern Europe just dont understand big Phil.
          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            pharma I'm guessing?
            Potatoes and cattle are also exported afaik. We also send over our overrated 1 trick ponies (Aiden McGeady)

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
              Scolari?

Comment

Did I miss anything exciting here over the last week?

Comment

And let's not forget bananas. Ireland is the biggest exporter in the world of them yellow things

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    Why is russia such a big export market for ireland?
                    because its such a big country

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

as oppossed to idiots from?.......

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                        Is there anything worse than a deceptively wet field?

So I was approaching a giant field this morning and faced with the dilemma of whether to walk through it or not. I'm thinking it was raining heavy last couple of days so I prob shouldn't but the initial foot test on grass came back positive and I said meh I'll go for it. So I start to walk diagonally through the field like a champ while lolling to myself at the fish walking around the parimeter which looks like it would take twice as long.

Squelch.... hmm that's not a good noise to hear as underfoot conditions seem to take a slight turn for the worse. 'It not too late to turn back', the sensible voice in my head says, 'fuck that, it's not that wet and imagine what parimeter people would think if you retreated now' the retardly stubborn voice said. So I plough on and I wasn't getting much splash back from the ground. A this point I'm walking up a mound and can't see the other side.

FML, how could one field change this drastically I think as I'm trudging down the mound into an area of the field that would have Seamus Heaney blowing his load at the potential of a bog poem. Ahhh so this is why the locals take the long way around.

Tl dr, fields be crazy, take the path.
                        I don't often lol but that part got me. wp sir!

Comment

iam tired, gonna go for a snooze

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                            Potatoes and cattle are also exported afaik.
                            you've actually reminded me; farmers are doing pretty damn well in this recession (gogogogo commodities boom)

was thinking I hadn't seen too many moany faces from the IFA recently

Comment

Originally posted by Bozzer View Post
                              I don't often lol but that part got me. wp sir!
                              Yeah, was going to highlight that bit too. I keep laughing still now, have this image of Heeney rolling around in ecstasy in a wet field, wp Stitch

Comment

Saw Marco Van Basten in Malaga airport yesterday. Reckon he could still score 20 a season in the Premier League.

Saw Wagner (Vagner !!) in Dublin airport last night. Reckon he is doing Mary Byrne.

Comment

Disgusted had to buy a tyre, had a few pound put aside for a shot of Botulinum toxin !
                                  Cant really afford it now, and my friend is up from tipp getting hers done, he had a special offer today , 2 areas, forehead and eyes for €200!

fuckin sick, have to wait till july now
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

a new low

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                      Saw Marco Van Basten in Malaga airport yesterday. Reckon he could still score 20 a season in the Premier League.

Saw Wagner (Vagner !!) in Dublin airport last night. Reckon he is doing Mary Byrne.
                                      Saw Careca in the airport yesterday, reckon his eyesight is going. He was asking a weighing scales to fuck Michael O'Leary.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                        Disgusted had to buy a tyre, had a few pound put aside for a shot of Botulinum toxin !
                                        Cant really afford it now, and my friend is up from tipp getting hers done, he had a special offer today , 2 areas, forehead and eyes for €200!

you don't need botox.
                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          you've actually reminded me; farmers are doing pretty damn well in this recession (gogogogo commodities boom)

was thinking I hadn't seen too many moany faces from the IFA recently
                                          Ya cause when they were whinging about prices of milk while being forced to build appartments on their land and only coming away with a few millions profit during the boom I felt upset for them.

Comment

BBV Brain-storming topic for the rest of the day.

Fund-raising events and ideas for a medium sized, local, community driven, non-GAA, sports club?

Any ideas appreciated. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                              you don't need botox.
                                              How much is a lobotomy these days?
                                              getting a needle in the face for a bit of wrinkle reduction is madness
                                              a new low for sure

Comment

The famous 'idiot from Northern Europe' finished 3rd in the IO a few years ago, got an interview with him up on my Youtube channel actually - he was a sound lad and I'm assuming a very decent player.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

Fund-raising events and ideas for a medium sized, local, community driven, non-GAA, sports club?

Table quiz ftw

edit - or one of those duck races they're good craic

Comment

Rare Nicky Power footage

Comment

Pub quiz is a must as a starting point.
                                                      We had one for the rugby team three weeks ago and cleared €1200 on the night.
                                                      Two of these a year pretty much covers an awful lot of our costs.

Edit: BK fastest finger first. *shakes fist*

Comment

know it sounds simple a poker night i made my club 2500 with 70 runners and paid out 50% of the prize pool got chips and other stuff of Damo72 delivered

Comment

How does one link just a single post to another person?

Comment

foxy boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                              How much is a lobotomy these days?
                                                              getting a needle in the face for a bit of wrinkle reduction is madness
                                                              a new low for sure
                                                              Not really, 200 quid would barely get you out for 2 nights, whereas the botox will last up to 6 months!

I know your going to say its not about the money, that its a stupid thing to do, its very popular nowadays, very hard to get an appointment when the doctor calls to the beauticians once a month, busy with men and women.

I love it, it is an addiction for sure, but makes me feel brill!

I havent had done since last june, and the difference in my face from my profile pic from my birthday to the one i have now IMO unbelievable!
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                                                                How does one link just a single post to another person?
                                                                Theres a number to the right of each post . #151032 is your post.
                                                                Click that, it'll open another page. Take the link from the address par of that page. Bingo.

Comment

very hard to get an appointment when the doctor calls to the beauticians once a month, busy with men and women.
                                                                  Is he an actual medical doctor and if not how the hell do you get in on that racket?

Comment

Not really, 200 quid would barely get you out for 2 nights, whereas the botox will last up to 6 months!

I know your going to say its not about the money, that its a stupid thing to do, its very popular nowadays, very hard to get an appointment when the doctor calls to the beauticians once a month, busy with men and women.

I love it, it is an addiction for sure, but makes me feel brill!

I havent had done since last june, and the difference in my face from my profile pic from my birthday to the one i have now IMO unbelievable!
                                                                    Just go with heroin MSN, much cheaper and you wont care so much afterwards

Comment

X-Factor Type Talent Show.
                                                                      Adults a tenner to get. Kids a fiver.
                                                                      Heat on Friday and Saturday.
                                                                      Final on Sunday.

Acts from club members, kids and adults. Their friends and relations will be queuing up for tickets.
                                                                      Raffle.
                                                                      Pack them into the local hall so its fire hazard.
                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

would you spend:

€200 on two nights out

or

€200 on botox and another €200 on two nights out to show off your botox?

Comment

would you spend:

€200 on two nights out
                                                                          I wish Id get 2 nights out of that

/balla

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                            EDIT: meant to add that my main theoretical contribution will be predicting a move towards 'social money' - community schemes etc that are characterised by a rejection of pure capitalism - e.g. time money schemes
                                                                            Could you say a bit more about that please?

Also, do we have website developers (or folk with knowledge of it) on here? Surely we must. I could do with some advice.

Comment

Ahh, the auld beef injections. Thought these had become unfashionable again, though vajazzling is quite interesting

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Also, do we have website developers (or folk with knowledge of it) on here? Surely we must. I could do with some advice.
                                                                                What general queries do you have (I'm not a web designer but I know a fair few).

Comment

I agree on the table quiz. You should be able to beg prizes for a large raffle and you could also have some sort of a charity waxing thing at half time.
                                                                                  Never fails to amaze me how much people will pay to be the one who gets to pull the strips off someone.

Comment

Guy I worked with in Intel had a good one that his GAA club use.

It's basically a prediction game - they gave out sheets around January with a ton of questions based on the next years' sporting events, Superbowl, Tour de France, 6 Nations etc etc, asking who you thought would win, how many winners trainer X would have in the Galway races etc.

They're supposed to be tracking it in a league table on their website (I haven't checked), but I'd say almost everybody at work stuck in a tenner cos it was a fun thing to spend half an hour thinking about.

Comment

Is he an actual medical doctor and if not how the hell do you get in on that racket?
                                                                                      yes he is a doctor, funnily enough he used to be a doctor in my home place dundrum around 20 years ago, i cant remember him but my mother does.

I was doing the sunbed a few yrs back and the girl that owns the salon was looking very fresh i thought, so I asked her what make up she was using and she told all about the botox and the other stuff so i had just got a few pound redundancy and had a bit of work done!

Fairly depressing though when its starts wearing off. But it took a good year (pardon the pun) for the whole lot to wear off, so it was money well spent!
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

In fairness to MSN, I think many of us (men) are thinking 'what a waste of money! why would you want to do it?! etc etc...' but if someone posted that they just dropped €200 on a 'dead cert' in the 3.45 in Wolverhampton, everyone would commiserate and no-one would think 'silly waste of money!' - or at least, those who do would keep quiet! Likewise with spending cash on some other relatively frivolous product or service that is gone in a flash and carries potential health risks (boozing yourself silly at the weekend, something most of us enjoy).

My only real point being, we all waste our money in different ways...

Comment

Gogogo Niland. Wins first set 6-4.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Niland ships first set!

Comment

Feck it C-Kid just buy two pounds of natural yogurt, let it go off then offer to inject it in peoples faces for 200 quid a go.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                  In fairness to MSN, I think many of us (men) are thinking 'what a waste of money! why would you want to do it?! etc etc...' but if someone posted that they just dropped €200 on a 'dead cert' in the 3.45 in Wolverhampton, everyone would commiserate and no-one would think 'silly waste of money!' - or at least, those who do would keep quiet! Likewise with spending cash on some other relatively frivolous product or service that is gone in a flash and carries potential health risks (boozing yourself silly at the weekend, something most of us enjoy).

The waste of money isn't the issue, but paying to have botulism injected into yourself is just stupid really.

Comment

Jesus she has some chin on her

well in fairness i dont go out drinking at the weekends at all, play a big tourney once in a while, but thats it really, its not a huge amount of money either and it is usually only twice in a year i would get it done, however it has been 12 months since the last time!

so if anyone wants to deposit through pokerstars id really appreciate it ty
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

The waste of money isn't the issue, but paying to have botulism injected into yourself is just stupid really.
                                                                                                      have you ever popped a few yokes in your time among others bet you have?

all of which are just as dangerous if not more so, jayus ya could be hit by a bus tomorrow, i dont think botox is that bad in fairness!
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

the clue is in the name
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I wouldn't do it myself, no chance! But many of us drink ourselves stupid on a semi-regular basis, something also potentially harmful, and there is less said about it - both are pretty silly things to do but everything is entitled to do silly things with their money and risk their health.

I'll hold my hands up and say I've no idea which activity is the most dangerous (a session of botox versus a series session of binge drinking) so perhaps the botox is of much greater risk!

Comment

ah feck it you've convinced me

pint of botox please barman

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I've dabbled in the past.
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

every woman should get the knockers done imo

Comment

have you ever popped a few yokes in your time among others bet you have?
                                                                                                                  Actually, no. was never one for amphetemines.

all of which are just as dangerous if not more so, jayus ya could be hit by a bus tomorrow, i dont think botox is that bad in fairness!
                                                                                                                  True enough, but if you're hit by a bus at least your face won't be left looking like Jack Nicholson in Batman!

Comment

Not talking about MSN here. (gulp)
                                                                                                                    Wimmin of a certain age are scratch cards anyway so botox is just another layer of make up/stuff, it's like a 4 euro scratch card with bingo numbers. Either way it's a matter of luck as to what lurks beneath. Rule of thumb is to check out the neck area, if it's as wrinkly as a Elephants neck you bet the non-smiling wrinkless face is hiding a multitude. A smooth neck and she is probably worth a dart. Best to clear out by morning anyhoo as cougars tend to look possessed when they wake up with one eyelash missing and the multi coloured stained pillow beneath their loosening wig , YER MUDDER KNITS SOCKS IN HELL BOY, and off ya scarper back to Dublin quicker than a Cavan man leaving church during collection time.

BOTOX, wimmins revenge for roofies (can't spell-> rohipnol)

Comment

I'll hold my hands up and say I've no idea which activity is the most dangerous (a session of botox versus a series session of binge drinking) so perhaps the botox is of much greater risk!
                                                                                                                      Iv read somewhere that Botulinum toxin is one of the most poisonous substances in the world

in saying that death due to alcohol related ilness would be much higher

Comment

Tennis on TG4 available here.Sign up required free service though.

Comment

Its streaming on tg4.tv

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X