X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Was in a "gay friendly" place the other night with the GF and a few others. Walking in and within 10 minutes I see 2 gays lads voguing at each other.

Nothing to do with Norris, just thought it was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Is Fergus Finlay going to run? He'd be a better candidate than either DN or Micheál Twee.
          I'm really disappointed that he wants to. Surely his work in Barnardos is more important.
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Got unmercifully slowrolled by Aertel earlier. Put a bet on Liverpool at 9/2 but slept through the match. Turned on Aertel to find this....

Happily navigated to page 221...

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Probably too soon for Ionapaul and LuckyLloyd. 'Till be an interesting Monday either way

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIzivCJ9pzU&feature=related[/ame]
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                By befitting (and I didn't question whether he was qualified), I mean that I wouldn't vote for a presidential nominee that I think may be prone or likely to spew ridiculous and unhelpful shite, regardless of them being over 35, able to sign their name and capable of questioning the constitution.
                I think it's possible to find someone who can capable of the latter and not the former.
                The Presidency is a non-job. You'll hear lots of people talk lots of nonsense about how they'll use it as a pulpit to do a whole range of things but, ultimately, it is an elected tenancy to a nice house near Castleknock. He made a dumb comment to be sure but, really, the office was designed as a retirement home for De Valera and though it has occasionally attracted good occupants for the most part it's single discretionary constitutional duty isn't even exercised that often so it's nothing more than a gaffe in a race for a job with less authority than a town councillor.

Allowing anyone to run uncontested for a term (seven year terms at that) is a joke.
                It probably costs more to elect them than it does to pay them for 7 years. Nobody else wanted to waste the money running against her. It's not a denial of democracy either since we vest absolutely no power in the office anyway. Even the one power we do give the office isn't really a power of the Presidency as, ultimately, someone else makes the choice.

Cliffs: Yes it was a dumb comment but making it an "Our President should know better" issue is worse. We've had some abysmal Presidents. Norris would actually be quite a good one in my estimation.
                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Believing that a 'President should know better' is worse than his comments on paedophilia and incest. Well, I disagree.

Also, I highly doubt that the reason nobody ran against McAleese was because of their concerns as to how much it might cost the state.

Comment

Nobody ran because it was pointless and a waste of their money, all you missed out on was a chance to vote for Mary.
                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 17-04-11, 22:41.

Comment

I respectfully remind people that the Norris question is purely one of puntage.

Comment

Believing that a 'President should know better' is worse than his comments on paedophilia and incest. Well, I disagree.

Also, I highly doubt that the reason nobody ran against McAleese was because of their concerns as to how much it might cost the state.
                        Don't re-phrase my position like that, it's just beneath us both. He was referring to a classical Greek practice, which he clearly states holds no interest for him, and which, I would submit, he is actually removing the sexuality from. The idea of a mentoring system for a young man from a father figure must be extremely appealing to a man whose own father died when he was so young and before he reached maturity.

The second part of the comment, where he refers to a hypothetical and romantic ideal where an older man teaches him about life and sexual realities, is clearly a reflection of that. Nothing he says is in advocacy of paedophilia or incest and to suggest otherwise is false.

There are two competing interpretations available on the reading of that quote. I believe his words were ill-chosen but hold no underlying sinister or undesirable intent. You seem to believe the converse.

As for the McAleese re-election it doesn't matter why nobody ran against her, although there is a long list of reasons, but I actually meant the cost to the person/party who ran against her wouldn't be worth it rather than the State's costs given she was almost a dead cert to win in a landslide against almost anyone.

Comment

Got unmercifully slowrolled by Aertel earlier. Put a bet on Liverpool at 9/2 but slept through the match. Turned on Aertel to find this....

Happily navigated to page 221...

teletext? how's 1997?

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                            teletext? how's 1997?
                            1985 called, it wants its joke back.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                              teletext? how's 1997?
                              Laptop/PC; takes 5 minutes to boot up.
                              Phone; too fiddly and costs money.
                              Aertel; switch on RTE, hit teletext button and 3 seconds later have football scores.

May it live for ever.

Comment

pokertableratings.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, pokertableratings.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

List of all-time winnings/losses by country for anyone who thinks the absence of Americans is going to be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                  Cliffs: Yes it was a dumb comment but making it an "Our President should know better" issue is worse.
                                  Don't re-phrase my position like that, it's just beneath us both.

Does it misrepresent what you said? I don't see that it does.

Originally posted by Kayroo
                                  There are two competing interpretations available on the reading of that quote. I believe his words were ill-chosen but hold no underlying sinister or undesirable intent. You seem to believe the converse.
                                  This quite clearly misrepresents my position. I haven't suggested whatsoever that his comments are sinister, I have said that his comments are 'not good, not helpful'.

Comment

I've three episodes left of The Wire...watching them will be some bittersweet experience. Turns out the hype was very much justified.
                                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                      I've three episodes left of The Wire...watching them will be some bittersweet experience. Turns out the hype was very much justified.
                                      Im re watching the wire. It just gets better and better.

Comment

Does it misrepresent what you said? I don't see that it does.

This quite clearly misrepresents my position. I've been pretty clear in saying that I don't believe his comments were sinister, I have said that his comments are 'not good, not helpful'.
                                        I don't believe his comments are about paedophilia in the modern sense of the word or incest. I also believe that elevating the issue to presidential level, as if the presidency actually meant anything, is just pouring fuel on a fire that shouldn't really ever have existed.

As for me representing your position falsely I did that on purpose, sorry, old debating tricks die hard. Accuse someone of something and then do it yourself so when accuse you right back they seem bitter. My bad.

By the by you haven't dealt with, addressed or countered a single fundamental point I made. Just in case you wanted to get round to that and we can stop debating around the fringes of this bad boy.

Comment

1985 called, it wants its joke back.

Comment

Kayroo lures children into his gingerbread house.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                              http://www.pokertableratings.com/top-countries

List of all-time winnings/losses by country for anyone who thinks the absence of Americans is going to be a good thing.

Yea but how much have they won?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                I just made the biggest fuck up in a game to date. I should have killed myself instead of 200 penguins lying dead around me, oh well, out of bullets.
                                                I did that last weekend. Playing a $54 tournie on Betfair and it's folded around to be on the button with Q10s and i shove for 8 bbs. Get snapped by AQ and i bust. I check the tournament and i busted 49th. They were paying 48th $96 and so on. FML

Comment

Fernando Torres walks into a bar and says, "I'll have a couple of shots please."

The barman says, "That's not like you."
                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

As for me representing your position falsely I did that on purpose, sorry, old debating tricks die hard. Accuse someone of something and then do it yourself so when accuse you right back they seem bitter. My bad.
                                                    Kayroo lures children into his gingerbread house.
                                                    Well played.

Comment

Just on a different note anyone who is in any way interested in Roman history should check this podcast out.

It's genuinely amazing. Hours and hours of incredible narrative, it's a world class piece of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                        gareth bale 3/1 to be pfa player of the year(players vote in january afaik) free money?
                                                        Respect.

Comment

Comment

Think Keane, and the other roulette enthusiasts need to get applying for this.

Comment

any1 having probs with FT? cant download newest update
                                                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by healwayscallsmedonkey View Post
                                                                Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-facto...-black-on-itv/

Enthusiasts?! The way you tell it makes us sound like a bunch of two bit deranged two bit loopers.

The preferred nomenclature is wheel of fortune Professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                    I did that last weekend. Playing a $54 tournie on Betfair and it's folded around to be on the button with Q10s and i shove for 8 bbs. Get snapped by AQ and i bust. I check the tournament and i busted 49th. They were paying 48th $96 and so on. FML
                                                                    Oh this one beats that. 4 of us left in the €50r IO seat only *2, I'm 4/4. I open shove sb Q7o for about 17bb and get a tank call from A6o to go out in 4th. I can't even explain how bad a spot to shove this was, such a massive brainfart. I had a fair few notes on bb and to make this one massive mistake all game, and not use the notes obv, is just a kick in the teeth. So close but yet so far and all the jazz, few near misses now for that tournament. Such is the sickness of the game of course.

On bubble in Double Deuce with 4 of my 6 entries still going so I'll ship this and buy in direct, simples...if there wasn't 1351 players in my way!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane
                                                                      So we're all down about a billion rake?
                                                                      But we got Silver Status out of it.

Comment

http://www.pokertableratings.com/top-countries

Monaco could be a net loser if they added in all of Gus Hansen's alt accounts.

Comment

Monaco could be a net loser if they added in all of Gus Hansen's alt accounts.
                                                                          LOL.

Its fascinating stuff, I'm loving that only 3 people from Kiribati ever managed to play the game and lost $23K between them. You could be the Kiribati poker champion of all time and still not know the hand rankings.

Comment

What would you set the line at for the percentage of people 18-35 that have never heard of norris?

Comment

Originally posted by healwayscallsmedonkey View Post
                                                                              Download from the .co.uk site and install from there and it will work apparently.

Comment

Anyone got a stream for HBO in the US? I need my Game Of Thrones action.
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Ant and Dec really have a strangle hold on this sort of presenting, what's their appeal?

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                    Jack Wilshere- young player of the year and Gareth Bale- player of the year.

WTF?
                                                                                    Bale hasn't even been the best player at Spurs this season. He won this because of second half performance in a game that was over, against an Inter team who didn't try a tap.

Comment

Laptop/PC; takes 5 minutes to boot up.
                                                                                      Phone; too fiddly and costs money.
                                                                                      Aertel; switch on RTE, hit teletext button and 3 seconds later have football scores.

May it live for ever.
                                                                                      5 minutes

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                      Wait till you watch it 2nd time around

Respect.
                                                                                      Clicked to see when that post was and find this gem of a post from me underneath it

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                      Anyone got a stream for HBO in the US? I need my Game Of Thrones action.
                                                                                      HBO going all out for it,

At this point, it’s almost a foregone conclusion that “Game of Thrones” will be the breakout hit of the spring when it debuts this Sunday. And HBO is doing its part to make sure you have every chance to watch it (assuming you pay for HBO):

Did you somehow forget to watch the debut of the lavish fantasy drama at 9 p.m. on Sunday night.? Here it is again at 10:05 p.m. Then again at 11:15 p.m.

Say you weren’t home on Sunday night. You were at Coachella seeing Kanye or something? HBO understands. On Monday night, Thrones will air again — on all six HBO channels simultaneously at 9 p.m. HBO is calling this scheduling strategy “innovative” and “designed to guarantee maximum exposure.” Missed it at 9 p.m.? Fine! Whatever. OK, here it is yet again: On HBO2, at 10:05 p.m. and then one more time at 11:15 p.m. Plus, of course, there’s OnDemand — don’t even make HBO have to bring that up.
                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I shall be acquiring it tomorrow evening and watching it before bedtime, even though it is on sky atlantic tomorrow as well, but tv is so old school at this stage, plus I want to have it for future use as well.

Comment

Anyoneremember the roulette based gameshow that used to be on RTE back in the day?Cant rememeber the name. hosted by maxi? I'm convinced it had a part to play in my later full blown roulette degeneracy
                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 18-04-11, 00:47.

Comment

I don't believe his comments are about paedophilia in the modern sense of the word or incest. I also believe that elevating the issue to presidential level, as if the presidency actually meant anything, is just pouring fuel on a fire that shouldn't really ever have existed.

By the by you haven't dealt with, addressed or countered a single fundamental point I made. Just in case you wanted to get round to that and we can stop debating around the fringes of this bad boy.
                                                                                            You're right that the presidency means nothing, but that's not the issue. There was nothing paticularly wrong with what he said as long as your read it correctly (apart from mixing up paedophilia and pederastry)
                                                                                            Norris was quite clear and was misrepresented by the tabloids. He specificly stated that he had no interest in boys and was simply highlighting the benefits to pederastry from the boys point of view. I think you summed it up pretty well in your previous post.

Does the fact that he has that opinion affect his ability to be presidents? No.
                                                                                            Does it affect his ability to become president? Yes.
                                                                                            It was a retarded thing to say simply because he'll lose votes over it. Ireland might like to pretend that we liberal and modern, but we both know that's bullshit. The majority of people who will be bothered to vote are older, conservative and discriminatory.

The fact that he was stupid enough to publicly made those comments, without realising it was a bad idea, causes me to "question" him much more than the comments themselves. Had he used words like father-figure and left out the sexual element it wouldn't of been an issue. And may have even pinged a few sympathy votes

He probably suffers from loneliness for the big house the park anyway.

Comment

Blargh, it's starting soon. Anyone found a stream? Or any idea how long after it shows will there be torrents up?
                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Nas and Damien Marley just killed Coachella. Ratatat at half four going to be class.
                                                                                                Seen these guys last night, they were awesome.
                                                                                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elyQ4ShVw-Y[/ame]

Comment

Got it: http://www.tv-tube.net/tvchannels/watch/2498/hbo

Edit: Fuck, that one's dead. I guess i'll have to wait.
                                                                                                  Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 18-04-11, 01:16.

Comment

Goodluck Jonathan about to re-ship the Nigerian Presidency.

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                                    Ant and Dec really have a strangle hold on this sort of presenting, what's their appeal?
                                                                                                    They're very good at what they do.

Comment

Hi

Comment

Blargh, it's starting soon. Anyone found a stream? Or any idea how long after it shows will there be torrents up?
                                                                                                        Got it: http://www.tv-tube.net/tvchannels/watch/2498/hbo

Edit: Fuck, that one's dead. I guess i'll have to wait.
                                                                                                        Why not wait and get a good quality rip of it? Should be available about 3:30/4am
                                                                                                        Last edited by tylerdurden94; 18-04-11, 01:36.
                                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Anyone who has played CPT games are the Freezeout tournaments the same structure as the rebuy outlined on their site? ie 10k SS 25 min blinds starting @ 50/100
                                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

They're very good at what they do.
                                                                                                            Can't see it, annoy the fuck out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                                              Can't see it, annoy the fuck out of me.
                                                                                                              Are you a new or an alt account? Have you posted on boards.ie? What name?

/curious

Comment

Where is Dave?

Awooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                  Why not wait and get a good quality rip of it? Should be available about 3:30/4am
                                                                                                                  Yeah I'll try for a torrent around 4ish. Just gotta find some way to kill the next hour and a bit. I can't wait for the day when I can just pay for live content on the internet.

Comment

Are you a new or an alt account? Have you posted on boards.ie? What name?

/curious
                                                                                                                    Nope, have an account on boards.ie but have rarely used it.

Comment

What are some sweets you can only buy in Ireland? I think red lemonade is one.

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
                                                                                                                        What are some sweets you can only buy in Ireland? I think red lemonade is one.
                                                                                                                        No vanilla coke though, which is gay.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                                          Anyone who has played CPT games are the Freezeout tournaments the same structure as the rebuy outlined on their site? ie 10k SS 25 min blinds starting @ 50/100
                                                                                                                          think its 15k startin, with 1k xtra early bird, ya same blinds,,,but big jumps...final table is a crapshoot...

oh btw went past kellys bar round 9 last night, u working?? looked like a scene outta a wild west flick

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X