"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Cool pic Chadley
          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
            ok lets call a spade a spade

This fight was in Manchester with 3 English judges

Kahn was a massive fav coming into this fight. He was expected to win impressively so it would set up an undisputed title fight in July

Kahn threw punches like there was no tomorrow. He won the first 4 rounds but he was missing 9 out of every 10 shots and in the 5th round he looked tired. Paul who saved his energy early was actually looking stronger as each round went on. Kahn couldn't figure him out and was getting hit. TBH at the start of the 5th round Kahn looked gassed.

There was an accidental clash of heads with 40 seconds left to go in the 5th round. There was a small cut above Pauls left eye. the doc was called in and within 3 seconds of looking at Paul insta stopped the fight - protocol is to let the fighter finish the round and see can the corner stop the bleeding before any decision is made

Go's to scorecard and Kahn wins on points - the cut stopped bleeding within 60 seconds

Kahn was asked would he offer a rematch - he said he has no motivation to fight Paul and hes moving on to bigger things.

Boxing is rigged to the bollox imo
            The decision to stop the fight was ridiculous, this is unarguable. It was a horrible way for the fight to end. You can come up with theories for why this happened but no one will really know and it's all complete speculation.

But what is completely LOL is that people are making out like McCloskey was in the middle of some incredible Ali-esque "rope-a-dope" tactical genius performance before his inevitable victory was snatched away by a combination of the doctor, evil Muslims, De La Hoya, and Satan. Give me a f*cking break lol.

McCloskey is an awkward southpaw, who moves well, but who gave an incredibly negative performance that would stifle many boxers. He did a good job making Khan miss but he did absolutely nothing else in the fight. Thats all he did. He's not a power puncher either, so the fact that his tactics appeared to be to duck and dive through the first six rounds and then try and catch Khan with a big punch is completely crazy. McCloskey barely landed a punch in six rounds. He was a hoping for a big KO punch, yet nothing in his career suggests he's capable of this. I mean Khan took plenty of punches of Maidana, so It's pretty funny that people are saying that an average puncher like McCloskey would certainly have had that big punch.

Khan did miss alot, but this was because he didn't actually have anything to defend and was just being allowed to throw and throw. Khan looked a bit tired, but he looked that way after five with Malignaggi and he went onto to stop him handy. He went 12 rounds with Maidana ffs. It's pretty LOL so say he was out on his feet. If anything I also thought he was starting to catch McCloskey more as the fight went on, and McCloskey's movement would obviously have subsided as the fight went on.

McCloskey was way too negative in a world title fight, this "tactics" excuse is laughable. He made Khan's offence look poor, but at least Khan had one. Sitting back, letting someone just attack you with a huge amount of punches, even if most missed, is never ever going to win you a title fight. Nothing in McCloskey's career suggests he would have stopped Khan, and he was saved either a late stoppage or a massive points defeat. Khan was poor compared to other performances and he didn't appear to have all the answers to McCloskey's awkward style, and McCloskey's negativity was making Khan looking poor. It was just an ugly fight with an even uglier, unsatisfactory end.

We all love an underdog, conspiracy theory but the facts are he lost every minute of every round, barely threw a bunch, and was getting hit more and more as the fight went on. Anyone predicting anything else than an easy Khan victory is clinging to a <5% chance that doesn't have much basis in the career of either man.
            Last edited by The C Kid; 17-04-11, 10:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
              could be some decent value in Blackburn there at 15/2.

They're 7 points off the relegation places at the moment but Liverpool result aside, they're not playing well and conceding a lot of goals. Their manager is gone and their captain has said again in the press that he wants to leave the club, that would leave a massive hole in an already leaky defence.

They've also played at least 1 more game than anyone below them, 2 games more than two teams & 3 games more than Blackpool.

Not a huge amount of point at this early stage of going into remaining fixtures but they've to go away to Arsenal/Chelsea and play City/Spurs/United at home. That's 5 games of their last 16 where I think they'll struggle to get a point at a minimum. They'll probably need at least another 12 points from the other 11 games, which on the face of it should be doable but I think there's value there.

Stoke are also massively overpriced at 22/1 imo but they've a habit of picking up results.

agree about Blackpool in that it's very possible, but at 2/1 there's not a huge amount of value there.
              Originally posted by Iago
              I think the hammers are almost a certainty to go down, and after that it's 2 of

Wigan/Wolves/Blackburn/Stoke/Blackpool for me

Of those I think a huge amount will depend on this month and the transfer window, some of the best players in those clubs are injured/linked with moves away. Depending on how that pans out there will be a big impact for the clubs in question.

At the moment I think it's likely to be Blackburn/Wolves/West Ham respectively, but I think it's going to be very close between 15th-18th maybe only 2-3 points in it at the end.
              Blackburn into 13/8 now, 16th in the table & 2 points off the relegation places. If Wolves win their game in hand (unlikely obv) they would be level on points with Blackburn in joint 17th.

Since I posted ^^^ their league record is W 1 D 4 L 7

They've five games to go, but two of their last three games are away to West Ham & Wolves so they've still got plenty of chance to avoid relegation but it'll be close.

Blackpool have been in freefall with 10 defeats in 14 games since we had this debate but they're capable of picking up enough results to avoid relegation. It'll be tight one way or the other for all of the teams down there.
              Last edited by Iago; 17-04-11, 16:26.
              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                Blackburn into 13/8 now, 16th in the table & 3 points off the relegation places. If Wolves win their game in hand (unlikely obv) they would be level on points with Blackburn in joint 17th.

Since I posted ^^^ their league record is W 1 D 4 L 7

They've five games to go, but two of their last three games are away to West Ham & Wolves so they've still got plenty of chance to avoid relegation but it'll be close.

Blackpool have been in freefall with 10 defeats in 14 games since we had this debate but they're capable of picking up enough results to avoid relegation. It'll be tight one way or the other for all of the teams down there.
                They're still value at that imo. My calculations have them joint bottom with Blackpool on 37 points with West Ham joining them on 38.

Think it will look like:
                Sunderland 41
                wolves 41
                wigan 40
                west ham 38
                blackburn 37
                blackpool 37

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                  How is the couch project coming along ?
                  not starting it til after the weekend, have visitors, so dont want to go dismantling them just yet! Thanks again!
                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Things you don't expect to hear at a football match

"Want a pill? proper old school ones mate"

I'm fine thanks, it all kicked off yesterday City fans seems surprised when people got annoyed at them singing Munich chants.

One group fight was handbags but one poor fecker fell down the gap beside the train and got kicked in the face a few times. Lots more fights before and after the game. Oddly the profile of the lads kicking off was mostly 40-50, big bald bastards.

Best atmosphere of the year, shame about the result but as Fergie says, Tuesday is more important.
                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Surely McGuinness is huge at 14s?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        not a hope, too many high profile runners ahead of her. its gonna be a higgins V Norris race, with one or two others hoovering up any last decent sections of vote.

that said, 14s is high..
                        Last edited by Zuroph; 17-04-11, 12:11.
                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Game of Thrones starts tonight.

That play-off commercial is class Lloyd.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                            not a hope, too many high profile runners ahead of her. its gonna be a higgins V Norris race, with one or two others hoovering up any last decent sections of vote.

that said, 14s is high..

If she hasnt a hope surely 14s is way too low??

Comment

that said, 14s is high..
                              I know she's behind Norris and Higgins, but I don't think she's a 14/1 shot and has a better chance than some of those names on the list ahead of her.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                Game of Thrones starts tonight.

That play-off commercial is class Lloyd.

Opr
                                link to commercial please, haven't been on much in the last few days

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                  link to commercial please, haven't been on much in the last few days
                                  Just a couple of posts up from mine at 7 this morning.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UN_aICBgsk[/ame]

Opr

Comment

The FA really should have separated the cup semi and Arsenal vs Liverpool today. Seems silly having them at the same time.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

that said, 14s is high..
                                      Hmm, not sure I agree with Norris being a favourite over Higgins. If the gloves come off Norris will do well not to be considered pro paedophilia never mind becoming President. How anyone, regardless of their sexuality, could be a favourite for the Presidency with bookmakers having said the below is strange:

David Norris: The Free Radical.
                                      Interview by Helen Lucy Burke.

...I found some of his views on sexual matters deeply disturbing - notably on sex with minors...

"In terms of classic paedophilia, as practised by the Greeks for example, where it is an older man introducing a younger man or boy to adult life, I think there can be something to be said for it. And in terms of North African experience this is endemic.
                                      Now again, this is not something that appeals to me, although when I was younger it would most certainly have appealed to me in the sense that I would have greatly relished the prospect of an older, attractive, mature man taking me under his wing, lovingly introducing me to sexual realities, and treating me with affection and teaching me about life - yes, I think that would be lovely; I would have enjoyed that."...

"But I think there is complete and utter hysteria about this subject, and there is also confusion between ... paedophilia and pederasty..."[David Norris clarified this later, explaining that genital sexual penetration of juveniles of either sex would be inappropiate and harmful]...

"In my opinion, the teacher, or Christian Brother, who puts his hand into a boy's pocket during a history lesson, that is one end of the spectrum. but then there is another: there is the person who attacks children of either sex, rapes them, brutalises them, and then murders them. But the way things are presented here it's almost as if they were all exactly the same and I don't think they are. and I have to tell you this -- I think that the children in some instances are more damaged by the condemnation than by the actual experience."

The right of unfettered sexual activity guided by the principle of mutual consent would be Norris's perception of the way things should be, with a bar only on intimidation, bullying or bribery. He did not appear to endorse any minimum age or endure any protest that a child was not capable of informed consent. "The law in this sphere should take in to account consent rather than age". When I asked about incest, he hesitated, and concluded that in the case of girls a case could be made for a ban, as possible resulting pregnancy might be genetically undesirable...

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                        The decision to stop the fight was ridiculous, this is unarguable. It was a horrible way for the fight to end. You can come up with theories for why this happened but no one will really know and it's all complete speculation.

But what is completely LOL is that people are making out like McCloskey was in the middle of some incredible Ali-esque "rope-a-dope" tactical genius performance before his inevitable victory was snatched away by a combination of the doctor, evil Muslims, De La Hoya, and Satan. Give me a f*cking break lol.

McCloskey is an awkward southpaw, who moves well, but who gave an incredibly negative performance that would stifle many boxers. He did a good job making Khan miss but he did absolutely nothing else in the fight. Thats all he did. He's not a power puncher either, so the fact that his tactics appeared to be to duck and dive through the first six rounds and then try and catch Khan with a big punch is completely crazy. McCloskey barely landed a punch in six rounds. He was a hoping for a big KO punch, yet nothing in his career suggests he's capable of this. I mean Khan took plenty of punches of Maidana, so It's pretty funny that people are saying that an average puncher like McCloskey would certainly have had that big punch.

Khan did miss alot, but this was because he didn't actually have anything to defend and was just being allowed to throw and throw. Khan looked a bit tired, but he looked that way after five with Malignaggi and he went onto to stop him handy. He went 12 rounds with Maidana ffs. It's pretty LOL so say he was out on his feet. If anything I also thought he was starting to catch McCloskey more as the fight went on, and McCloskey's movement would obviously have subsided as the fight went on.

McCloskey was way too negative in a world title fight, this "tactics" excuse is laughable. He made Khan's offence look poor, but at least Khan had one. Sitting back, letting someone just attack you with a huge amount of punches, even if most missed, is never ever going to win you a title fight. Nothing in McCloskey's career suggests he would have stopped Khan, and he was saved either a late stoppage or a massive points defeat. Khan was poor compared to other performances and he didn't appear to have all the answers to McCloskey's awkward style, and McCloskey's negativity was making Khan looking poor. It was just an ugly fight with an even uglier, unsatisfactory end.

We all love an underdog, conspiracy theory but the facts are he lost every minute of every round, barely threw a bunch, and was getting hit more and more as the fight went on. Anyone predicting anything else than an easy Khan victory is clinging to a <5% chance that doesn't have much basis in the career of either man.

yeah good post - its easy to become blinded by patriotism when trying to analise a fight. In fairness though Kahn wasnt in the same shape last night as he was against Maidanan and although it is pure speculation he may have struggled in the last rounds if it got that far

Comment

Barry Hearn has been mouthing off this morning that it was a disgrace that the fight was stopped and is demanding a rematch.

Opr

Comment

If Bruton runs she won't even win the FG nomination, so betting on how likely he is to run, I wouldn't be interested at 14s

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                              Hmm, not sure I agree with Norris being a favourite over Higgins. If the gloves come off Norris will do well not to be considered pro paedophilia never mind becoming President. How anyone, regardless of their sexuality, could be a favourite for the Presidency with bookmakers having said the below is strange:

Read his reply to the article, how it was carefully edited and twisted to give the impression you're taking from it.
                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Lay of the year. She's not Fine Geal at all she's an independent who turns up for FG occasionally when it suits her.

She is a deeply ugly self obsessed witch and there is no chance that if she was to somehow get a nomination from FG that she would able to fool enough people into voting for her.

/end Rant ... but you will get a lot more if the c**t does get a nomination.
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Lloyd pointed out last night that Glen Hansard had a good show at the festival last night, they are currently reshowing that part now.

April 11-13 & 18-20, 2025 🌵 Advance Sale begins now at coachella.com
                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Glen Hansard is a whiney bitch.
                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Pretty good stream for Arsenal Liverpool if anyone's interested
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Kev when will I ever learn? Never trust those galway chokers to do anything.
                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Carra being stretchered off here with a neck brace on, oxygen mask all the rest.
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Are first goalscorer bets limited to 90 mins?

Do PP pay out on injury time first goal?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

injury time counts as part of the 90 mins (99.9999%)

extra time does not

*your question induced the 0.0001% of doubt
                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 17-04-11, 16:33.

Comment

Flanagan, Robinson, and Spearing look like a government initiative to reduce youth unemployment in Liverpool. Fair play to Kenny for taking part in it.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                      Flanagan, Robinson, and Spearing look like a government initiative to reduce youth unemployment in Liverpool. Fair play to Kenny for taking part in it.
                                                                      ahh ya, thats the job, slag them for having Irish genes in their mix

Comment

Now Jonjo Shelvey on the pitch. Kenny must get a grant for all of them. Looks like a crimewatch line-up at the Emirates, the Arsenal fans should be afraid to take out their blackberries and avail of the free wifi with each frappacino purchase.

Comment

Bit of help needed, looking to book a cheapo package holiday to Lanzarote or somewhere similar leaving next weekend.

Wife has tried lastminute.com, and a bunch of irish travel agents sites, but there seems to be little or nothing available.

I would've thought given the state of things we would've had a vast choice. Does anyone know of any other places to check online?

Comment

never used neteller or moneybookers, Which is better? Are they the same? Does one have fees that the other does not?

Comment

Brian Lucey is one angry dude.

Comment

Get in there!!!!

Comment

Nature vs nuture out there and nuture prevails. How good a winger is Bendtner by the way...
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

DDDDDDDDDDDramaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Great finish to the match.........

Comment

Going to have a very happy MrFD when he gets home tomorrow :-)

I bet he is having a ball at the game and the penalty will have just made his day. Best birthday treat ever imo

Thanks Kenny G for the tickets.

Maybe now Tony will be a happier mod

Edit: wtf

Comment

Where is Flushdraw????

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                            Going to have a very happy MrFD when he gets home tomorrow :-)

I bet he is having a ball at the game and the penalty will have just made his day. Best birthday treat ever imo

Thanks Kenny G for the tickets.

Maybe now Tony will be a happier mod
                                                                                            Lollers.

Comment

1337 page imo

Comment

Poor auld Jay Spearing
                                                                                                Stays 1-0 & The Arse win the leauge after today
                                                                                                he would have drinking for free all summer in the red-half of Liverpool

Comment

Bit of help needed, looking to book a cheapo package holiday to Lanzarote or somewhere similar leaving next weekend.

Wife has tried lastminute.com, and a bunch of irish travel agents sites, but there seems to be little or nothing available.

I would've thought given the state of things we would've had a vast choice. Does anyone know of any other places to check online?
                                                                                                  try
                                                                                                  Last edited by 6starpool; 13-02-15, 18:09.

Comment

What just happened in injury time there? It seemed like double Dutch to me.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Lol Arsenal.

Also Suarez is some fake. What a waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                        Where is Flushdraw????
                                                                                                        You after a banning or something? that is almost as bad as saying LOL Cricket to Kev

Comment

signed up for moneybookers yesterday
                                                                                                          don't usually but gave my mobile number

today for the first time in ages I get two scam txt messages

coincidence?

Comment

I stuck a few quid on Arsenal/Draw.

I assume that means Arsenal to lead at half time and a draw as the result.

Is that correct or should I take the docket out of the bin?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                              never used neteller or moneybookers, Which is better? Are they the same? Does one have fees that the other does not?

I would prefer MB. less fees I think,

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                                                                Lol Arsenal.

Also Suarez is some fake. What a waste of money.
                                                                                                                So you back to being a sad bastard with the new name?

Comment

Go into a travel agent
                                                                                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

I stuck a few quid on Arsenal/Draw.

I assume that means Arsenal to lead at half time and a draw as the result.

Is that correct or should I take the docket out of the bin?
                                                                                                                    nicest thing I will ever say on here:

Learn what you are betting on before you bet!

Comment

Book flights/hotel/apartment seperate?

Ryanair still have Sunday1st to Saturday 7th (decent times) available for €173 (+ usually addons for bag etc).
                                                                                                                      Be surprised if you couldn't get accomodation for 6 nights for €120->€150 each.

Edit : Just realised I'm a week off, stupid calendar.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 17-04-11, 17:14.

Comment

Arsenal v Pool never disappoints.

Dirka Dirka baby

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                                          So you back to being a sad bastard with the new name?
                                                                                                                          Lolerpool.

Suarez is overrated and very wasteful, Carroll is ten times the player he is.

Suarez will turn out to be a dud.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X