• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    condolences to you and your Mrs, DP
    +1

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      When you consider how many "extras" that some teachers can bring with them to a school, it makes the job market a really very tough place.

Consider one of my best friends, who's currently finishing a postgrad in Froebel for primary school teaching. From my line of thinking, he's an ideal candidate for about 80% of teaching positions available in the Leinster region.

Gaelgoir
      Established Musician
      Plays County Hurling and Football
      Young Male

Regardless of his teaching abilities, there are schools absolutely crying out for "his kind" to come on board.
      Well if the governments policies aren't pushed through he shouldn't have a problem. The only people who will be above him are people with relatives in the school.
      In general schools look more favourable on male teachers, mainly because there is more female teachers to choose from.

My girlfriend would also be in a similar boat in terms of nailed on qualifications for any job and if there is an open job going in the school she's in now she'd definitely be the first to be accepted for it.

Originally posted by Opr View Post
      Also the number of people trying to get into teaching seems to have rocketed so I expect competition is going to be fierce for jobs in the coming years. I know so many people who are doing a Hdip or have just finished it.

Opr
      There was a bit of surprise that the likes of Marino and Fraobel were still accepting places this year as word going around teaching circles was that the government had tried to halt the H.dip program for a few years.
      Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

you should probably join your local cumann

report back here (with pictures obviously). I'm imagining something like this:

Bit young

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
          Except that after paying your full tilt points for them you have to earn a load of FTPs to clear them and have the balance released to your account :\
          You do but you get a chance to freeroll your games for a while.

I read through the 2+2 thread and there are ways to use them sensibly.
          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
            I love Curb, but if you really didn't like Seinfeld chances are you wont love it it has to be said, while they're not all that similar there is quite a similar brand of humour evident in both, coming from Larry David obviously.

Saying that, Seinfeld is one of if not the best comedy shows ever made you freak only Arrested Development tops it for me

I'd definitely be taking that Torres bet fwiw, he's looking a bit sharper recently and chances are United will sit back and Chelsea will be forced to really go for it so you should see alot of shooting
            I have really liked the YouTube clips that people post from time to time about Curb so I have hopes I can get into it, also have never seen Arrested Development.

more PS pay cuts are absolutely inevitable

teachers are probably one of the most overpaid sectors too
            Was down in the hospital with my Dad the other day and we were in a little coffee shop and overheard some women saying "sure I will pay for it I have loads of money I'm a teacher" instantly thought WWRDIIID???
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
              I have really liked the YouTube clips that people post from time to time about Curb so I have hopes I can get into it, also have never seen Arrested Development.
              I only watched it a few months ago, wathced it in about 2 weeks. Arrested Development is one of the best series I've ever watched

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                I'm due to meet with Masseys et al today to discuss arrangements, times, etc etc
                I'll do it 10% cheaper

In all seriousness, hope the next while is good to you, going to be a few tough days until the funeral and tougher weeks ahead again, stay strong for your missus, she's going to need it, And don't be afraid to ask for help yourself.
                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I was never a fan of Seinfeld but loved Curb FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                    Girlfriend is currently doing her dip and has been told by her principle (VEC school) that there's a possibility of no permanent jobs going for up to four years due to increased class sizes and government policy of having recently made redundant teachers first dibs on any new jobs.

Which means a possibility of moving abroad... still early stages as the principal is arguing that it doesn't/shouldn't apply to VEC schools, the organisation is waiting to hear back from the powers that be.

I'd love to move abroad for a while (but I think this is largely irrespective of the economy), could definitely see myself living in Chicago for a decent length of time, but open to most places really.
                    As I'm currently completing the broadest of business masters (international business), it doesn't really set you up to walk into a set job. Best bets are graduate programs it seems, these can be quite annoying as you tend to go where they tell you...
                    I know a few people in a similar boat to your g/f. My friend had to leave her job down the country for personal reasons. The school suggested she took it as a career break which she did. She then was doing supply here for 2 years and was offered a temp job starting last September. She handed her notice in at the place she was on career break with.

Now with the changes she has been told she will not be allowed on the panel because she took a sub job whilst on career break! so she will really struggle to get back working now and she left a permanent job.

I have another friend who teaches special needs children and she had a 2 year contract. That has to end now in the end of July. The person who will be offered the position will be whoever is top of the list and if they do not take it they put to the bottom of the pile. I feel with special needs schools there has to be some give and take as it is more specialized and the teacher at the top of the list may not want to take on the position.

The head of the school is trying to get something sorted out as some of the Autistic children do not like change and it would be better for them to keep the teacher they have.

I hope it works out for you. Is it only the States you fancy heading?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                      I only watched it a few months ago, wathced it in about 2 weeks. Arrested Development is one of the best series I've ever watched
                      I will get to it at some stage I hope.

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                      I was never a fan of Seinfeld but loved Curb FWIW.
                      Cheers for that

Comment

Okay...And I'm one of the biggest Curb fans around so this is difficult to say...But you need to forget about Curb right now. Watch Arrested Development. Seriously. Only three seasons of AD also so you'll get through it quickly. AD is to comedy series what The Wire is to regular TV shows. It's something you must watch, and anyone I've talked to so far who has seen it agrees it's one of, if not the best comedy shows ever made.

Very different style of comedy to Curb but just immense, perfect cast, perfect writing, just a perfect comedy show tbh.
                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                          I hope it works out for you. Is it only the States you fancy heading?
                          Same deal with VEC, as it's multifaith school and a brand new one at that with few permanent teachers as it stands, it means that if it has to be included in this panels lark, then it will have a brand new staff many of whom will have come from a religious ethos teaching background, something which would destroy the school in my gf's opinion.

And nope, it's not just the states, I'm really open to anywhere, but I can get a 12 month working visa over there as a recent graduate, so that would make it easily accessible.

Comment

One of the top 5 comedies ever made

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-ZNX1jqbOk&feature=related[/ame]
                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Ugh fucking spanish pricks
                              No autopsy was done and they COVERED the body in the leftover enbalming fluid.
                              Christ...
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Would have to take that Torres bet. Now I think the guy has problems as he has looked ill to me for over a year and there's a chance he'll score around 1/5th of the amount of goals which Sturridge will over the next 5 years. But...that bet would be so fun to watch, any scuffed effort dribbling towards goal is a freeroll.

Depending on the sum involved I think it's +EV for fun but probably a little -EV value wise.

Comment

When you consider how many "extras" that some teachers can bring with them to a school, it makes the job market a really very tough place.

Consider one of my best friends, who's currently finishing a postgrad in Froebel for primary school teaching. From my line of thinking, he's an ideal candidate for about 80% of teaching positions available in the Leinster region.

Gaelgoir
                                  Established Musician
                                  Plays County Hurling and Football
                                  Young Male

Regardless of his teaching abilities, there are schools absolutely crying out for "his kind" to come on board.
                                  He will have no trouble getting a job, his only difficulty will be where there are huge numbers on 'the panel' who want the particular job. The few men that want to do primary teaching are in huge demand and County GAA players can take their pick.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    He will have no trouble getting a job, his only difficulty will be where there are huge numbers on 'the panel' who want the particular job. The few men that want to do primary teaching are in huge demand and County GAA players can take their pick.
                                    Yup, completely agree. But that's what I was trying to point out. He could be a brutal teacher and he's still insanely hire-able!

Whereas there could be plenty of excellent teachers without those additional qualities who haven't a chance against him.

Its an odd market.

Comment

Yup, completely agree. But that's what I was trying to point out. He could be a brutal teacher and he's still insanely hire-able!

Whereas there could be plenty of excellent teachers without those additional qualities who haven't a chance against him.

Its an odd market.
                                      tell him to be careful

look what happened to Paul Galvin
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                        Okay...And I'm one of the biggest Curb fans around so this is difficult to say...But you need to forget about Curb right now. Watch Arrested Development. Seriously. Only three seasons of AD also so you'll get through it quickly. AD is to comedy series what The Wire is to regular TV shows. It's something you must watch, and anyone I've talked to so far who has seen it agrees it's one of, if not the best comedy shows ever made.

Very different style of comedy to Curb but just immense, perfect cast, perfect writing, just a perfect comedy show tbh.
                                        I will take your advice under consideration, found them in 720p sweet might download them so.
                                        Last edited by tylerdurden94; 12-04-11, 14:13.

Comment

tell him to be careful

look what happened to Paul Galvin
                                          No worries there, he's in a college with about 7 men and 400+ women.

He doesn't even want to graduate he's been having such a good time!

Comment

The Torres bet is massively +EV obviously. Come on guys.

Comment

Comment

That's class.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                  Not sure about that.
                                                  How long will he play for?
                                                  He has only got a shot on target every 54 min. This is United we a talking about. I know they might sit back towards the end but will Nando still be on at that stage and for extra time and pens.
                                                  He is less that 10% to score tonight and that the only time I pocket money.
                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

how many people are still pissed off with the ICC???

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

You are dead right
                                                      I'd take that bet every game if I could
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

+1.

Hes 13/5 anytime goalscorer on Paddy Power. Add in the shot on target stipulation and the fact that penaltys and AET counts, its definetly + ev

Comment

You are dead right
                                                          I'd take that bet every game if I could
                                                          +1

I'll have it if you don't want it wombat...

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                            how many people are still pissed off with the ICC???
                                                            ME! If it's not overturned i'm going to get me one massive banner for when we play England at the end of August in Clontarf.

Comment

Ugh fucking spanish pricks
                                                              No autopsy was done and they COVERED the body in the leftover enbalming fluid.
                                                              Christ...
                                                              What happens now? will they be able to do something this side of the water to determine COD?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                Not sure about that.
                                                                How long will he play for?
                                                                He has only got a shot on target every 54 min. This is United we a talking about. I know they might sit back towards the end but will Nando still be on at that stage and for extra time and pens.
                                                                He is less that 10% to score tonight and that the only time I pocket money.
                                                                Where are you getting <10% from?

Comment

Thanks lads. I took it.

Comment

Where are you getting <10% from?
                                                                    Saw 15/2 earlier plus over-round.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                      ME! If it's not overturned i'm going to get me one massive banner for when we play England at the end of August in Clontarf.
                                                                      yes, but wouldn't you prefer a new thread title, maybe with something refering to Boobs..... god i love Boobs

in other news a big bumble bee just crashed into my window, would have thought it a bit early for bees, ah well he will be dead in a few days time when it will get a bit cooler.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I lol'd

SPOILER

Comment

Afaik the DIP (for secondary school teaching) is going to two years the year after next.

Job wise (long termish) I think it should be OK for "good" teachers to find work but there will probably be a few years of tough going. If I cant secure work Im getting out of dodge within 12 months- Brandenburg (Berlin- area around it) is recruiting permanent English speakers for their secondary schools as in terms of Germany as a whole their English results suck-they are still off the charts worldwide tho LOL Germans imo.

Abu Dabai mofos were in our place recruiting aswell starting wage of 56k tax free with free accomadation and flights. Would be garnd if it wasnt in Abu Dabai imo.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                            What happens now? will they be able to do something this side of the water to determine COD?
                                                                            well she has gone over to the coroners to determine COD
                                                                            but I dunno how accurate it'll be after enbalming
                                                                            I'm really pissed off about them covering the body in the fluid as it really discolours the skin
                                                                            and was very distressing for the family

Comment

Have a friend in Dubai teaching, hasn't even got her dip year done.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                Abu Dabai mofos were in our place recruiting aswell starting wage of 56k tax free with free accomadation and flights. Would be garnd if it wasnt in Abu Dabai imo.
                                                                                The place is just full of money. It's insane. We got an e-mail from KAUST offering to host PHD research in Dubai for free, with a stipend of ~£22k on top of free flights, free accommodation and free food.

Some of the Chinese students in the course thinking long and hard about it. Would be an excellent way to get your PHD if that's what you were interested in!

Comment

The place is just full of money. It's insane. We got an e-mail from KAUST offering to host PHD research in Dubai for free, with a stipend of ~£22k on top of free flights, free accommodation and free food.

Some of the Chinese students in the course thinking long and hard about it. Would be an excellent way to get your PHD if that's what you were interested in!

Yeah they didnt really say much about life over there when they were in.
                                                                                  Like do you live away from the normie abudabians? Is it safe? Can I live with my partner and child even if not married? Can you play teh pokies online? Would be nice to come home with 50k to finally take on the wheel with. Give me a fair shot at it obv.

Comment

There are a lot worse places than Abu Dhabi but it is a very expensive place to live so 56K tax free wouldn't go nearly as far as you think

Yeah they didnt really say much about life over there when they were in.
                                                                                    Like do you live away from the normie abudabians?
                                                                                    up to you
                                                                                    Is it safe?
                                                                                    Very
                                                                                    Can I live with my partner and child even if not married?
                                                                                    yep
                                                                                    Can you play teh pokies online?
                                                                                    some problems with public internet but a private connection you can.
                                                                                    .
                                                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 12-04-11, 15:22.

Comment

Really sorry to hear the news DP, my thoughts and wishes go out to you, your Missus and the whole family. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        There are a lot worse places than Abu Dhabi but it is a very expensive place to live so 56K tax free wouldn't go nearly as far as you think

Aha right. They pay your rent which is a bonus. Im sure doing private classes would nip you a nifty of two aswell. I think if it was feasible to save 25-30k in the year it may be worth considering and I suppose wouldnt be a terrible life experience. Hate the idea of signing up for a years work purealy based on loot tho as you never know what life can throw at you. Hopefully can swipe a permo job here.

Comment

The right thing to do if you want to teach worldwide is to score a job in an International school that educates towards the International Baccalaureate.

Comment

Hate the idea of signing up for a years work purealy based on loot
                                                                                            you idealistic fucker

I love the idea (provided the money is right )

Comment

Jeez

I am shocked I tells ya, shocked

Comment

LOL Moneybookers.

I withdraw from the account pretty frequently as opposed to just leaving money sitting in there, so as a result I reached my deposit limit on the debit card pretty quickly.

I ring them up to get it increased. Conversation goes something like this:

Me: Hi, can I get my debit card deposit limit increased please?

Her: I'm sorry Sir, you are at the limit and we cannot increase it any further, it is the same for all of our customers.

Me: My friend has a higher limit than me.

Her: One second Sir and I'll see what I can do...

Comment

Just wondering are people still having trouble getting into Paddy Power its just early i wasnt able to get into the sports book or the poker ,i am able to get into the sports part now but still not the poker message coming up that its closed for security reasons.

Comment

It's all an illusion

Comment

Hitting a set and getting counterfeited is painful stuff

Comment

Originally posted by 72zero View Post

What are you doing with peoples Montes?
                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Aha right. They pay your rent which is a bonus. Im sure doing private classes would nip you a nifty of two aswell. I think if it was feasible to save 25-30k in the year it may be worth considering and I suppose wouldnt be a terrible life experience. Hate the idea of signing up for a years work purealy based on loot tho as you never know what life can throw at you. Hopefully can swipe a permo job here.
                                                                                                          Talk to SWAR, he did a 2 year stint in that part of the world, didn't he?

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4nQB3V10i8[/ame]

Comment

Just ordered the Super Stroke Putter Grip. The over size one that KJ and YE Yang use. Any body try this out??

Interested to see how well it works

Comment

Are you Asian?

I think that's a pre-requisite.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                                                                  Just ordered the Super Stroke Putter Grip. The over size one that KJ and YE Yang use. Any body try this out??

My brother used one and he said it really helped him with pushing the ball, really straightened his putting stroke out.

That said he found it reduced the overall feel for the putt and getting your weight/pace right takes time.

He's gone back to a standard grip in the end.
                                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

PokerStars Game #60720251140: Tournament #384834282, $6.00+$0.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (100/200) - 2011/04/12 17:31:28 WET [2011/04/12 12:31:28 ET]
                                                                                                                    Table '384834282 2' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
                                                                                                                    Seat 2: steelthat (2008 in chips)
                                                                                                                    Seat 3: dini1000 (3575 in chips)
                                                                                                                    Seat 4: joejoe1337 (1495 in chips)
                                                                                                                    Seat 5: higine (2030 in chips)
                                                                                                                    Seat 6: EATmyANTE (4121 in chips)
                                                                                                                    Seat 7: c250cgi (3081 in chips)
                                                                                                                    Seat 8: StOrM 8100 (2220 in chips)
                                                                                                                    Seat 9: rösi1988 (5694 in chips)
                                                                                                                    steelthat: posts the ante 25
                                                                                                                    dini1000: posts the ante 25
                                                                                                                    joejoe1337: posts the ante 25
                                                                                                                    higine: posts the ante 25
                                                                                                                    EATmyANTE: posts the ante 25
                                                                                                                    c250cgi: posts the ante 25
                                                                                                                    StOrM 8100: posts the ante 25
                                                                                                                    rösi1988: posts the ante 25
                                                                                                                    steelthat: posts small blind 100
                                                                                                                    dini1000: posts big blind 200
                                                                                                                    *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                                                                                                    Dealt to EATmyANTE [As Ad]
                                                                                                                    joejoe1337: folds
                                                                                                                    higine: folds
                                                                                                                    EATmyANTE: raises 325 to 525
                                                                                                                    c250cgi: folds
                                                                                                                    StOrM 8100: folds
                                                                                                                    rösi1988: folds
                                                                                                                    steelthat: folds
                                                                                                                    dini1000: calls 325
                                                                                                                    *** FLOP *** [Kd 9d Ah]
                                                                                                                    dini1000: checks
                                                                                                                    EATmyANTE: bets 600
                                                                                                                    dini1000: calls 600
                                                                                                                    *** TURN *** [Kd 9d Ah] [Qs]
                                                                                                                    dini1000: bets 2425 and is all-in
                                                                                                                    EATmyANTE: calls 2425
                                                                                                                    *** RIVER *** [Kd 9d Ah Qs] [6d]
                                                                                                                    *** SHOW DOWN ***
                                                                                                                    dini1000: shows [Qd 3d] (a flush, King high)
                                                                                                                    EATmyANTE: shows [As Ad] (three of a kind, Aces)
                                                                                                                    dini1000 collected 7400 from pot

PokerStars Game #60719304048: Tournament #384837765, $6.00+$0.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2011/04/12 17:10:26 WET [2011/04/12 12:10:26 ET]
                                                                                                                    Table '384837765 1' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
                                                                                                                    Seat 2: jakkiebrownn (1360 in chips)
                                                                                                                    Seat 3: bobnotmarley (1620 in chips)
                                                                                                                    Seat 4: EATmyANTE (1290 in chips)
                                                                                                                    Seat 5: stockAA (1630 in chips)
                                                                                                                    Seat 6: piorail (1420 in chips)
                                                                                                                    Seat 7: srdavi8 (1570 in chips)
                                                                                                                    Seat 8: fabianoguio (1480 in chips)
                                                                                                                    Seat 9: Pv.Andrei (1630 in chips)
                                                                                                                    fabianoguio: posts small blind 15
                                                                                                                    Pv.Andrei: posts big blind 30
                                                                                                                    *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                                                                                                    Dealt to EATmyANTE [3h 3s]
                                                                                                                    jakkiebrownn: folds
                                                                                                                    bobnotmarley: folds
                                                                                                                    EATmyANTE: calls 30
                                                                                                                    stockAA: raises 90 to 120
                                                                                                                    piorail: folds
                                                                                                                    srdavi8: folds
                                                                                                                    fabianoguio: folds
                                                                                                                    Pv.Andrei: folds
                                                                                                                    EATmyANTE: calls 90
                                                                                                                    *** FLOP *** [4d 2s 4c]
                                                                                                                    EATmyANTE: checks
                                                                                                                    stockAA: bets 210
                                                                                                                    EATmyANTE: calls 210
                                                                                                                    *** TURN *** [4d 2s 4c] [3d]
                                                                                                                    EATmyANTE: checks
                                                                                                                    stockAA: bets 420
                                                                                                                    EATmyANTE: raises 420 to 840
                                                                                                                    stockAA: calls 420
                                                                                                                    *** RIVER *** [4d 2s 4c 3d] [4s]
                                                                                                                    EATmyANTE: bets 120 and is all-in
                                                                                                                    stockAA: calls 120
                                                                                                                    *** SHOW DOWN ***
                                                                                                                    EATmyANTE: shows [3h 3s] (a full house, Fours full of Threes)
                                                                                                                    stockAA: shows [9s 9d] (a full house, Fours full of Nines)
                                                                                                                    stockAA collected 2625 from pot

Comment

lol Carl, step away from the computer

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post

Cant hurt, you obviously need all the help you can find with your putting stroke, but tbh I don't know how it can help your bottle issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                          I was never a fan of Seinfeld
                                                                                                                          WTF?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X