• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
    Llyod really is an excellent troll
    VWP
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Utterly depressing to wake up to the news from Omagh.
      They haven't gone away you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
        I have never used a hud before, and am learning about the stats. After 2.4k hands I am a '24/18/45/4.4/2.4/78/58/2.4k' whatever this means. The 78 seems to be PFR/VPIP, waht exactly does this stat show that knowing the PFR and VPIP separately doesn't? What is it for? I am not sure if the others are in 'good' ranges or anything like that. 58% seems to be the amount I fold to flop Cbets. Would be good to know what stats like these are generally (for winning players)
        Errr didn't you post a decent amount on old boards? So maybe you're leveling?
        24/18 is probably your vpip/pfr
        45 is probably your Won $ when saw flop
        4.4 is probably your 3b stat
        2.4 is probably your aggression factor
        78 is probably your cbet %
        58 is your fold to cbet % -as stated (and if you found this out I'm at a loss as to why you cant find out the rest)
        2.4k is obv the number of hands you played

Your stats are those of someone that is familiar with online poker. So I suppose I was levelled. wp

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
          Just about to watch the final ever episode of Friday Night Lights now. What a fucking show. I see on NBC site you can get East Dillon Lions hoody, think i'll have to get that. It can go alongside my purple Dream Team jersey from the Sky 1 days
          I really hope this is true

Originally posted by Goose View Post
          Just watchin a recording of RTE's The Priemership' Ronnie Whelan & Trevor Stevan look like they've just been thrown out of copper faced jacks. Daragh Malony is no Bill O'Herlihy
          I watched it for the first time in ages last night and I think its not very good, would defo watch MOTD over it, I think they run about the same amount of time but they absolutely bombed through some of the matches.

Texas Forever. I am now happysad.... At the moment up there in my top 3 series of all time after The Wire and Sopranos.

Does anyone know if there was some kind of special episode after the end of the series with cast interviews and the likes? I see at the end of the last episode there was a 5 minute thing like that but no Kyle Chandler???
          Its very bitter sweet glad that you got back into it.

Absolutely immense just a phenomenal show and would agree that its in the top shows for me as well.

When they first brought in Vince all I could think of was "String were the fuck is Wallace"

Looking forward to watching it from Season 1 again havent seen it in a very long time.

Llyod really is an excellent troll
          Something to aspire to Tony
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            GTFO
            20 stones of Man dropping ~ 8/9 feet onto an ankle?

Sure there's no blood and guts, but I wince every time. Guess I'm either a softy or else you're a tough cookie.

Comment

Does anyone play the SE Monthly these days?
              Does it ever get 40+ ?
              Do they have it upstairs or downstairs?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                20 stones of Man dropping ~ 8/9 feet onto an ankle?

Sure there's no blood and guts, but I wince every time. Guess I'm either a softy or else you're a tough cookie.
                Ugh I'm totally squamish about stuff like that as well - wouldn't watch the video.

Has there been any news about the injury?

Comment

Just saw this.

Paul O'Connell, who was assisted off in the 46th minute with an ankle injury, had an x-ray last night that revealed he suffered no fracture.
                  The Munster skipper will travel to Dublin tomorrow to have further medical examination carried out to establish the full extent of the injury.

At this stage it is not known how long he will be out of action for.

Comment

watched a film called the road lastnight and tbh iam on the ditch about it.
                    it was based in post apocalyptic america, but apart from the whole planet seem to have burned to the ground we were not given any reason as to what caused this catastrophy. food was the big motivator for everyone in the film, there was no animals left, no trees or no farming of any sort. there was gangs scouring the countryside rounding up people for food/cannabilism. so the story was about a father and son travelling across america trying to either make the coast or go as far south as possible to see if they could find a warmer climate and hopefully food and civilisation presumably.

it was a completely pointless story tbh and i knew as much at the start of the film as i did at the end with very little being revealed or happening throughout, but at the same time it kept me interested (probably thinking that something had to happen soon).
                    iam really hard pressed on a scale of 1-10 to give this a 5 thumbs-up, i was hoping i could have given it more

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

It's a character study more than a story, that's why.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        Does anyone play the SE Monthly these days?
                        Does it ever get 40+ ?
                        Do they have it upstairs or downstairs?
                        With The big IO Sat tonight I think SE will more likely get 25-30 but maybe more.It will be upstairs today.

Comment

Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Leo Varadkar just spent an hour getting absolutely ruined about the economy et al on the Dunphy Show on Newstalk.

They're talking about the dissident IRA stuff at the moment if anyone's interested...

Comment

Zod I like both your avatar and sig. Any insight into corruption in African Football during your time there?
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                Zod I like both your avatar and sig. Any insight into corruption in African Football during your time there?

joking aside, but I don't think there's a football association anywhere in the world that isn't on the take.
                                FIFA, as a whole, is as corrupt and inept as any organisation ever created. With that in mind, it's easy to have doubts about any member federation.

Anyone running for presidency of FIFA would have to know where the bodies are buried and would certainly be up to their noses in the corruption also, how else would you expect to rise in that organisation fo you're not?

the FAI is just a branch from the withered root of FIFA. the game needs a massive clear out and the longer the current administration simply wants to turn football into a vehicle to get everybody rich (for very small values of "everybody") the more the game suffers at grass roots.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                  joking aside, but I don't think there's a football association anywhere in the world that isn't on the take.
                                  FIFA, as a whole, is as corrupt and inept as any organisation ever created. With that in mind, it's easy to have doubts about any member federation.

Anyone running for presidency of FIFA would have to know where the bodies are buried and would certainly be up to their noses in the corruption also, how else would you expect to rise in that organisation fo you're not?

the FAI is just a branch from the withered root of FIFA. the game needs a massive clear out and the longer the current administration simply wants to turn football into a vehicle to get everybody rich (for very small values of "everybody") the more the game suffers at grass roots.
                                  read a good book about the corruption in FIFA that i got free with Four Four Two. Some of the stuff that goes on is just unreal. Jack warner selling fake tickets to games, expense accounts including budgets for your other half/mistress. people not being able to make votes so girlfriends of other members taking their votes insane stuff.

Comment

FIFA, as a whole, is as corrupt and inept as any organisation ever created.
                                    Corrupt - I'll give you that.
                                    Inept - come on now. Ignore the loathsomeness of the Exec commitee. Its a superbly adept governing body.

Comment

Serie A so good this year, sick comeback from Napoli. Barbara burlesconi will have to keep the champagne on ice for a few more weeks it seems.

Edit: lazio 3-2 now
                                      Last edited by The Situation; 03-04-11, 12:07.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        Corrupt - I'll give you that.
                                        Inept - come on now. Ignore the loathsomeness of the Exec commitee. Its a superbly adept governing body.
                                        They drag their feet on goalline technology but can convene a special meeting to ban snoods.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                          it was a completely pointless story tbh and i knew as much at the start of the film as i did at the end with very little being revealed or happening throughout, but at the same time it kept me interested (probably thinking that something had to happen soon).
                                          iam really hard pressed on a scale of 1-10 to give this a 5 thumbs-up, i was hoping i could have given it more
                                          The film isnt their best but while it is good in portraying desolation it has nothing on the bleakness of the book. Ergo read the book

In other news, i'm delight O'Connell is okay. He's one of the few Munster players we need for the world cup.

Comment

I dunno if he is okay though? Didn't BK say that a break was better than a tear?

balllllllllllllllllls

O'Connell likely to miss remainder of season
                                            Paul O'Connell - reports indicate the Munster second row has snapped his Achilles tendon or damaged ankle ligaments

Paul O'Connell is unlikely to play for Munster again this season as a result of the ankle injury picked up during the province's win over Leinster at Thomond Park on Saturday night.

O'Connell was withdrawn six minutes into the second half against Leinster, after landing badly from a line-out.

Initial reports suggest he has not suffered a break, but doctors have to wait for bad swelling to reduce before a final examination is possible.

It appears likely that O'Connell has either snapped his Achilles tendon or damaged his ankle ligaments. The Munster captain will travel to Dublin on Monday for further medical examination.

Munster will face Brive away in the quarter-finals of the Amlin Challenge Cup next Saturday afternoon, a game O'Connell is sure to miss. Mick O'Driscoll is likely to deputise in the second row.
                                            Last edited by Emmet; 03-04-11, 12:13.

Comment

They drag their feet on goalline technology but can convene a special meeting to ban snoods.
                                              You think the FIFA lads would allow the Rugby situation where 12 years after Argentina got to a WC Quarter Final, 4 years after they got to a Semi Final that they still aren't in any regional tournament. Because Argentina don't bring enough dosh to the table, and the IRB don't actually have any control over the Tri Nations.
                                              You think the FIFA lads would allow the Indians to run their own multi billion dollar (cricket) league the way ICB fell asleep. Nah, FIFA would have been there first.

But yeah, goalline technology. Whatever.
                                              Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 03-04-11, 12:30.

Comment

Purely anecdotal obv but I wrecked ligaments in my ankle and it took a few months to heal. Even when I came back my ankle felt weird (like my foot was hanging loose off my leg or something) and my balance didn't come back fully for a long time either, was pretty embarrassing doing quad stretches for a while.

Unless it's some absolutely horrific tear he should be back for WC though imo.

Comment

AJ, what regional tournament could Argentina play in? Realistically, there isn't any other teams in their region! SA/NZ/AUS is already a fairly sizeable triangle of a "region" (sic).

Comment

Siiickkk. Napoli 4-3

Cavani hatrick again.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Siiickkk. Napoli 4-3

Cavani hatrick again.
                                                      Crazy game, crazy scenes.

What a player Cavani is.

Lol Lazio. What is with clubs from Rome self-destructing?

Comment

AJ, what regional tournament could Argentina play in? Realistically, there isn't any other teams in their region! SA/NZ/AUS is already a fairly sizeable triangle of a "region" (sic).
                                                        Playing in the 6 Nations is totally feasible. A chunk of their players already play in Europe anyway. Ireland to Argentina is a 30% longer journey than Ireland to Turkey which we take on in football without a problem.
                                                        Playing in the Southern Hemisphere 3 Nations is feasible (and is 95% certain to happen fom 2012) and should have happened 10 years ago.

Israel was able to move from AFC to UEFA 35 years ago for political reasons. Australia moved from Oceania to Asia for football reasons 6 years ago.
                                                        The football authorities would have nailed the Argentina issue a long time ago.

Edit : 30% longer is seriously wrong having looked at the distances, closer to 200%! Mea Culpa, but I still think that it would have done with a more dynamic controlling body.
                                                        Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 03-04-11, 12:34.

Comment

It's weird how there's been no talk of Cavani moving at the end of the season.

I think there's a lot of EPL peeps who don't even know who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Ah there's been the usual City/Chelsea rumours, but Napoli want to keep him and invest another 40m euros in the team. With CL football next season I can't see why they can't hold on to him for a while at least. Ditto Hamsik.

Will be interesting to see how they progress, been steadily building for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                                                              Crazy game, crazy scenes.

What a player Cavani is.

Lol Lazio. What is with clubs from Rome self-destructing?
                                                              In fairness to them, they had a goal disallowed wrongly and I don't think that was a red for the pen but still a bit lol alright.

Harry did try to sign him from Palermo after the WC but Napoli out bid him. Hope he stays there for the CL next year but unlikely I reckon.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                You think the FIFA lads would allow the Rugby situation where 12 years after Argentina got to a WC Quarter Final, 4 years after they got to a Semi Final that they still aren't in any regional tournament. Because Argentina don't bring enough dosh to the table, and the IRB don't actually have any control over the Tri Nations.
                                                                You think the FIFA lads would allow the Indians to run their own multi billion dollar (cricket) league the way ICB fell asleep. Nah, FIFA would have been there first.

But yeah, goalline technology. Whatever.
                                                                what, becasue other sports have shit international boards, football doesn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael
                                                                  Fuck protesting this, if the whole campus were getting shut down for the Ball, I'll be out protesting against the shutdown. It's the last fucking week of term, my last term personally, and I don't want the college closed for a day on account of a shitty music festival. This is a fucking University, we're here to study and learn, not get pissed on the grass.

UCD mod's take on the UCD Ball. I'd say he's some craic at parties....

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                    The film isnt their best but while it is good in portraying desolation it has nothing on the bleakness of the book. Ergo read the book

In other news, i'm delight O'Connell is okay. He's one of the few Munster players we need for the world cup.
                                                                    How was Syria?

Comment

I dunno if he is okay though? Didn't BK say that a break was better than a tear?

balllllllllllllllllls
                                                                      Fuck

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      How was Syria?
                                                                      Non-starter with a visa issue. We seem to have been lucky. Going to Dubrovnic on Friday instead, maybe get to the ME in the autumn if it all calms down

Comment

UCD mod's take on the UCD Ball. I'd say he's some craic at parties....
                                                                        Those types of sadacts on the UCD board really piss me off. They're just a bunch of swots that thought college would be an ivory tower nirvana where they'd be included in the sherry drinking and literary discussion but found out that no matter where they go they're still the same socially inept cretins they always were.

Also, UCDSU are a bunch of useless careerist pricks. Guess they were too busy campaigning for Lynam's Senate race to sort out the one thing students actually give a bollocks about .

Comment

I love good ads

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_CDLBTJD4M[/ame]

Comment

How long does the trial version of dreamweaver last could someone tell me , would it be a month?
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post
                                                                              Those types of sadacts on the UCD board really piss me off. They're just a bunch of swots that thought college would be an ivory tower nirvana where they'd be included in the sherry drinking and literary discussion but found out that no matter where they go they're still the same socially inept cretins they always were.

Also, UCDSU are a bunch of useless careerist pricks. Guess they were too busy campaigning for Lynam's Senate race to sort out the one thing students actually give a bollocks about .
                                                                              If it makes you feel any better UCD is far from unique in this sort of thing.

Although to be fair UCC's new SU President Ben Honan is an aquaintance of mine and he's actually a gent.

Comment

what, becasue other sports have shit international boards, football doesn't?
                                                                                Well, I've given a few examples of how FIFA are 'adept' as opposed to 'inept as any organisation ever created', whilst totally acknowledging the corruption present in their ranks.

I could also go on about how they have successfully ran hugely lucrative internationals competitions for 80 years (pre-dating mass air travel and TV), or how their financial distributions rules insist that some small part of this money drifts down the ladder so that the young fella in Maputo or Vientaine has a chance of a local football pitch/coach/league structure much like the youngfella in Manchester or Vienna. et fucking cetra.

The likeliest alternative is a G18 of European clubs in charge carving everything up themselves (and they tried and failed to wrestle such control in the early 1990s).

But I'm not going to change your mind so you stick with the simplistic 'inept'.

Comment

Anybody got any decent bets to spice up my boring sunday afternoon?

Comment

I bet you Fulham are going to destroy Blackpool.

Comment

Udinese!!!

linky here
                                                                                      http://88.80.11.29/36287/watch-lecce-vs-udinese
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Offaly to beat Waterford in the hurling 15/8 looks good to me.

Comment

I'm on them already

Comment

Stop whatever you're doing, Viva Knievel has started on BBC2! A must see.

Comment

John O' Brien anytime goalscorer in the Galway Tipp match at 2/1. Live on TG4 afaik

Comment

WTF Fulham

Comment

balllllllllllllllllls
                                                                                                  wow they would want to get that diagnosis down pretty quick - damage to ankle ligaments is the best case scenario and he'll be ok in 6-8 weeks.

A snapped achilles tendon =

Comment

Some might remember this girl from a while back. The girl who got a flu jab and claimed to get dystonia

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPgMo_l_cis[/ame]

Well here she is cured now... sorta.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpe1u4cKbTk&feature=player_[/ame]
                                                                                                    Last edited by MegaSin; 03-04-11, 13:37.

Comment

Why is Paddy Power telling me it doesn't offer any betting on the football NFL Div 1?

Comment

Rog still the GOAT.
                                                                                                        I've finally googled GOAT as it's meaning was mildly bugging me.

This is what I got...

GOAT:
                                                                                                        Tucking back your balls and dick, then bending over thus resembling the back of a goat...according to the rules of the game, the person who looks gets 4 kicks in the ass.
                                                                                                        After some head scratching, I've since discovered it's true meaning.
                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Why is Paddy Power telling me it doesn't offer any betting on the football NFL Div 1?
                                                                                                          Outright on Div 1? If so it's probably because there are matches in progress. They should revise the market this evening or tomorrow, after the matches are over.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                            Outright on Div 1? If so it's probably because there are matches in progress. They should revise the market this evening or tomorrow, after the matches are over.
                                                                                                            I can't even find match odds...

Comment

Cause all the games started already?

Comment

Don't know the guy involved, but this thread over on boards.ie is pretty cool. I really hope it works for the guy, because it's great to have something like that work out when you've backed it from so far out.

Go on Shane Long!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                  Cause all the games started already?
                                                                                                                  No sign of them in the live betting or anything. Pretty annoying...

I've been looking for them since around 25 past as well.

Comment

OMG, there is a running in the next in the Curragh called Jedward. I don't know what else to say.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                      Excited about this in a way that a fully grown man just shouldn't be. Steven Moffat is just SUCH a good writer and the 2-stage series (designed to suit US viewers) should mean a budget bump meaning we won't have 1/2 dodgy SFX episodes so they can budget for the finale.

Also, Karen Gillan is the nuts.
                                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Just about to watch the final ever episode of Friday Night Lights now. What a fucking show. I see on NBC site you can get East Dillon Lions hoody, think i'll have to get that. It can go alongside my purple Dream Team jersey from the Sky 1 days
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                        I really hope this is true
                                                                                                                        Just for you Danny took this pic a min ago
                                                                                                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                                          OMG, there is a running in the next in the Curragh called Jedward. I don't know what else to say.
                                                                                                                          Has to be backed now

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X