X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Looks like I could be doing South East Asia on my own come October. All the boys here have different plans and Im the only one wanting to head over at that time.

I know it may, and probably will change, but nervous excitement covers it pretty well.
      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

sweet insomnia. given up any pretence of even trying to sleep now.

On the Limetless thing TD totally agree with waht Semibluff said. The film that was billed in the trailer is not what happened at all in the cinema. I thought it was all a bit pointless in the end which kind of ruined the start of the film which had some sort of potential to it. De Niro should stop doing films

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

4x Finkels and one Richie is it? Should be a confusing time!

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
            You know if you deleted the word armwrestle from the above it would be the gayest thing I've ever read in my life.
            Brilliant.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            Is there a way of checking the entry fee of all the tournaments i've played on Ladbrokes today? I've played about 12 tournies this evening and there must be some fuck up or something because there's a lot less money in my account there should be. Was on to some retard on Livechat that hasnt a clue. Cheers
            I think this is what you want:

Main lobby>Menu>My Account>Playcheck>Tournament Search.

I just had a look through mine and you can find out how many rebuys you made if it was for a rebuy. Sure let me know if you can't find it and I'll give you better directions.

Comment

1st ep (pilot) of Fringe is a bit too crazy for my liking. Will stick thru a couple to see

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                Pregnancy is such a wonder, as cliched as that sounds. The baby is now able, after 22 weeks, to taste food and is about a a foot in height. Going for the first scan on Thursday, which is a ridic long wait for it. Really hope it doesn't show anything wrong.
                Taste food? Really? Will the flavour really transfer into the essentials that get passed through the umbilical cord?
                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I'm in Mumbai today, staying right beside Taj hotel that got hit in Mumbai attacks few years back...so come on India today. I don't want to see this place after a loss to Pakistan.

Oh also no idea how IPL selection works but judging by the local reactions Kevin O'Brien should get picked easily. Everyone says his name or "50 balls"
                  He has made a big name for himself over here.
                  Last edited by cooker3; 30-03-11, 07:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Macspower View Post
                    also need a new browser..

firefox keeps crashing on me several times an hour.... and it's gone slow as hell

installed opera and while it looks good it's retarded in many ways.. no refresh button some of the time?

Chrome... seems pretty fast but hate google getting near any of my browsing history..

What about IE???? it was always bad.. is it any better?

any other options
                    Have you upgraded to firefox 4 yet?

tbh macs I wouldn't be too worried about google having browsing history. If you want no personal info out there then there are alternatives, various different independent developer builds of it like chromium are available that don't skim any personal info - from the last time I researched it.

Comment

I have a pension plan and an investment plan with Irish Life and Permanent. Are these safe giving the trouble that this company is currently in? It's quite a lot of money to me so I really don't want to get burned here. At the moment the investment plan is up about 7% after almost 3 years. If I keep it in for 5 years I get another bonus that makes it go up another 5% or so. But I'd happily cash it out now if I thought there was any risk to this. As far as I know none of the fund is based on how well Irish Life shares are doing. It's called Consensus Life Series 2 but if anyone on here like RD have any advice/insight I would be glad to hear it.

Comment

Yeah its grand...sure its guaranteed by us all now!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbnJo88kuP8[/ame]
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Reviewer gives a somewhat bad review of a book. Author starts posting in the comment section. Only read down about 50 comments or so, but the author is just that extra bit special:

http://booksandpals.blogspot.com/201...ne-howett.html
                            wow, what a car crash. hilarious!!!

Comment

Boards POTD
                              Am I missing something or does everybody else not get whats funny about this....
                              Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Morning Finkels

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                  I have a pension plan and an investment plan with Irish Life and Permanent. Are these safe giving the trouble that this company is currently in? It's quite a lot of money to me so I really don't want to get burned here. At the moment the investment plan is up about 7% after almost 3 years. If I keep it in for 5 years I get another bonus that makes it go up another 5% or so. But I'd happily cash it out now if I thought there was any risk to this. As far as I know none of the fund is based on how well Irish Life shares are doing. It's called Consensus Life Series 2 but if anyone on here like RD have any advice/insight I would be glad to hear it.
                                  it's safe (in theory) as it's ring-fenced from the garbage in the banking book

unless ILP have somehow been eating their own (financial) shite , which is not beyond the bounds of possibility.
                                  <cough, AIB and BoI staff pension funds, cough>

V for Vendetta would be our man here. I'm a trustee of our pension fund (invested with ILP, sigh) so I'd be interested in what he has to say.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                    I'm in Mumbai today, staying right beside Taj hotel that got hit in Mumbai attacks few years back...so come on India today. I don't want to see this place after a loss to Pakistan.

Oh also no idea how IPL selection works but judging by the local reactions Kevin O'Brien should get picked easily. Everyone says his name or "50 balls"
                                    He has made a big name for himself over here.
                                    enjoy the game and the atmosphere cooker, should easily exceed any sporting event in the world this year

especially if Sachin does the business

Comment

Comment

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Comment

Originally posted by Richie Lawlor View Post
                                          Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
                                          Don't eat yellow snow.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                            Don't eat yellow snow.
                                            watch out where the huskies go

Comment

what the hell am I listening to on TMS, is that the Indian national anthem?

sounds like the theme music from The Guru

Comment

Jesus the one night I have an early night and BBV gone ta fuck!!!!!

why is finkel so greedy? finkels?? How many fuckin freakin finkels are here?

Hey can i do that : SatNav/Msn, how did he do it?
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                  you're one of a kind love

Comment

I see Ireland scored 2 last night without that shambles of a man Robbie Keane. Whats more we only missed one sitter as opposed to the 5 that he misses on average. Reports have also confirmed that moaning to the referee and pointing in random directions while talking in some incoherant laungage is down over 500%

If you think this man is the most over rated player ever to call himself a professional footballer then

Comment

OK, it's 10am here

In Mohali it's 2.30pm

where the feck did the .30 come from? This warrants further investigation.

Comment

The Injuns do half hour time zones. Only place in the world iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                          OK, it's 10am here

In Mohali it's 2.30pm

where the feck did the .30 come from? This warrants further investigation.
                                                          how did we ever find stuff out before the interweb

Indian Standard Time (IST) is the time observed throughout India and Sri Lanka, with a time offset of UTC+05:30. India does not observe daylight saving time (DST) or other seasonal adjustments, although DST was used briefly during the Sino–Indian War of 1962 and the Indo–Pakistani Wars of 1965 and 1971.[1] In military and aviation time, IST is designated E* ("Echo-Star").[2]

Indian Standard Time is calculated on the basis of 82.5° E longitude, which is just west of the town of Mirzapur, near Allahabad in the state of Uttar Pradesh

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                            Jesus the one night I have an early night and BBV gone ta fuck!!!!!

why is finkel so greedy? finkels?? How many fuckin freakin finkels are here?

The Fink is a very mysterious and powerful person and his mystery is only exceeded by his power

Comment

you're one of a kind love
                                                              Dunno whether to thank that or not

I am rather special though amment I
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                I see Ireland scored 2 last night without that shambles of a man Robbie Keane. Whats more we only missed one sitter as opposed to the 5 that he misses on average. Reports have also confirmed that moaning to the referee and pointing in random directions while talking in some incoherant laungage is down over 500%

If you think this man is the most over rated player ever to call himself a professional footballer then

You have taken too many blows to the head imo

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                  There are others.

President Hugo Chavez says that he doesn't care if people think he is crazy
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

was reading about that the other day. australia also has a 30 minute time zone, and some places do 45 minutes

Comment

From this article:

Know its a longstanding joke about garda plucking those figures from the air. But isn't this spectacularly off?

35 ounces in a kg, an eight of an ounce sells for maybe €20, so even if he was going door-to-door selling it himself he'd make about a max of €112,000.
                                                                      never paid more than 240 for an ounce of the finest, unfortunately such quality shit is hard to come by now as he is on a 10 year career break

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                      Hitch is a no.3 imo
                                                                      always better than being a no.2

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                      Boards POTD
                                                                      Am I missing something or does everybody else not get whats funny about this....
                                                                      not so much funny as well done

{
                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                      insert thumbs up gif here
                                                                      }

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                        Boards POTD
                                                                        No, it's not really funny.

There's a strange sort of "critical mass" when it comes to the thanks button - when a post gets enough names under it subsequent viewers just end up thanking it without thinking.
                                                                        Last edited by Keane; 30-03-11, 15:06.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0545689805144#

The great documentary made by a couple of Irish in Venezuela years ago when they happened to be with Chavez around the time the US backed capitalist pig dogs organised a coup against him. Magnificent, award winning documentary.
                                                                          Thanks a million for linking this.
                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                            No, it's not really funny.

There's a strange sort of "critical mass" when it comes to the thanks button - when I post gets enough names under it subsequent viewers just end up thanking it without thinking.
                                                                            Aww I think that is so cute!!! look at his face lol
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Iran uses a half hour for no reason other than to be awkward.
                                                                              Parts of Oz use a half hour as well.

enjoy the game and the atmosphere cooker, should easily exceed any sporting event in the world this year

especially if Sachin does the business
                                                                              I lumped on India at 1.65 yesterday I see they started at 1.5 and are in to 1.35 already. Have they got off to a flyer or is it just the weight of money?

7 Million matched now it was < 350K when I got on
                                                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 30-03-11, 09:36.
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Cover your keyboard in clingfilm, prevent water damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                  I limped on India at 1.65 yesterday I see they started at 1.5 and are in to 1.35 already. Have they got off to a flyer or is it just the weight of money?

7 Million matched now it was < 350K when I got on
                                                                                  Sehwag hit 20 off the 3rd over

he's out now though

Comment

Reports have also confirmed that moaning to the referee and pointing in random directions while talking in some incoherant laungage is down over 500%
                                                                                    What does this mean?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                      What does this mean?
                                                                                      spell check is turned off on my laptop?

Comment

Anyone got a link to Radio 4 LW stream that works here?

Some feckin Eejit turned off my desktop at home so I can't remote log in and uuse the mgeni / tor set up
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          Anyone got a link to Radio 4 LW stream that works here?

Some feckin Eejit turned off my desktop at home so I can't remote log in and uuse the mgeni / tor set up
                                                                                          can't help you there, our IT setup is in London so that's how I'm managing to get TMS

Would be some story if Tendulkar could get his 100th 100 today

Comment

Rubbish Robbie keane has a class international record. 46 goals if im not mistaken in just over a 100 games. Such rubbish talk. Oh shane long has had one good year in the championship he shud defo start ahead of a player who has a better international record than Raul. You dont like Robbie Keane as a person i reckon and cant see passed the fact that he key for Ireland.

Put please lets start Long.. or Best... I mean they are lads who have been doing it for years and both seem likely to go on and score 100 gaols in the premership. give me a break.

Comment

why do Robbie Keane fan boys always use the Raul example? I could counter that by saying David Healy for Northern Ireland has a better record than Robbie Keane - so what?
                                                                                              Last edited by Bubbleking; 30-03-11, 09:59.

Comment

Never seen this before.

Comment

why do Robbie Keane fan boys always use the Raoul example? I could counter that by saying David Healy for Northern Ireland has a better record than Robbie Keane - so what?
                                                                                                  How can you not spell Raul correctly, it's even in the last post.

Comment

I wonder if a day of terrible posting would destroy the Howard Finkel meme forever....

Comment

Clown.
                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Would be some story if Tendulkar could get his 100th 100 today
                                                                                                        Tendulkar survives two referrals in two balls

ay caramba, getting spicy in Mohali

run rate is fantastic so far, looking good for 300+

Comment

Moar like Howard Schminkel amirite?

Comment

Disaster, mad men season 5 delayed to at least March 2012 due, ironically enough, to creative strikes.

Comment

why do Robbie Keane fan boys always use the Raul example? I could counter that by saying David Healy for Northern Ireland has a better record than Robbie Keane - so what?
                                                                                                              You could except by no appreciable measure does he have a better record than Robbie Keane. Not at domestic level and not at international level either.
                                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                                I wonder if a day of terrible posting would destroy the Howard Finkel meme forever....
                                                                                                                I haven't seen one comment that the real deal would make himself.

Comment

TBH I wouldn't have a problem with Long and KEane starting for the next few games now that Doyle's crocked.

Keane has been a great servant for Ireland but TBH he's not the player he once was and International football shouldn't trade off fame.

Comment

Originally posted by Richie Lawlor View Post
                                                                                                                    I haven't seen one comment that the real deal would make himself.
                                                                                                                    and that's my point. Kill Howard Finkel with kindness.

Comment

why do Robbie Keane fan boys always use the Raoul example? I could counter that by saying David Healy for Northern Ireland has a better record than Robbie Keane - so what?
                                                                                                                      Ok well i guess ill stick with 1 in 2 at international level is brilliant. So who do you think should play nstead? Oh it was great to see Ireland last night play entertaining attacking football, despite Ireland being unable to defend. Long played brillant i aint saying he didnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                        You could except by no appreciable measure does he have a better record than Robbie Keane. Not at domestic level and not at international level either.
                                                                                                                        Robbie keane has 46 goals in 105 games - strike rate 0.44

David healy has 35 goals in 75 games - strike rate 0.47

People who use the Raul example to classify Robbie keane must also accept that Healy is a better International striker than both Raul and Keane

Comment

Finkels, excessive BK drool and uninteresting cricket. Meh.

G'nite

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X