This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by careca View Post
    Surely the best 40/50 secs of basketball ever ??
    To add to the epicness the Malaga player who puts the block in at the start of the clip and scores their first three-pointer was released by Madrid a month ago having been deemed surplus to requirements.

Comment

does anyone here have a clue how to write a character reference for someone who's going to be up in court? Don't have a notion about this kind of lark, i presume your start with your honour, they are remorseful and of good character etc. etc but how would your structure it and do you give examples of the "good character"and do you reference that the person has told you what they've done?? any help with this would be very very much appreciated...have to get it done.... said i'd do it for a mate and completely forgot about it and hes up soon.
      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Ridonkulous View Post
        What?
        Find big nasty bad guy, go close enough to him that he attacks you, use slowing magic on him and speedups on yourself to make him chase you for miles. Run into back gate of enemy city. Someone in there is bound to be stupid enough to attack him, which means he'll attack them instead of you, sparring a massive bloodbath of unorganised rabble getting squished by big bad monster. Fun times.
        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by healwayscallsmedonkey View Post
          does anyone here have a clue how to write a character reference for someone who's going to be up in court? Don't have a notion about this kind of lark, i presume your start with your honour, they are remorseful and of good character etc. etc but how would your structure it and do you give examples of the "good character"and do you reference that the person has told you what they've done?? any help with this would be very very much appreciated...have to get it done.... said i'd do it for a mate and completely forgot about it and hes up soon.
          Pretty sure you start with "For the attention of the Court"
          Court has to be capitalised afaik

Kayroo is really your man for this.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
            Find big nasty bad guy, go close enough to him that he attacks you, use slowing magic on him and speedups on yourself to make him chase you for miles. Run into back gate of enemy city. Someone in there is bound to be stupid enough to attack him, which means he'll attack them instead of you, sparring a massive bloodbath of unorganised rabble getting squished by big bad monster. Fun times.
            oh, even better. all the Non Playable characters automatically attack what it deems as hostile characters.

And the game spawns guards to defend the city.

And every time it killed someone the demon got stronger.

There was a blanket of skeletons.

Good times.
            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Donkey, here's some templates that might help?

But I repeat, Kayroo!

Follow this guide on writing and requesting employment, character, personal or trade references: free templates and data protection guidelines available.

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                Pretty sure you start with "For the attention of the Court"
                Court has to be capitalised afaik

Kayroo is really your man for this.
                why is he the man to talk to? is he a solicitor or something or just been in court a lot might pm him and ask for advice
                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by healwayscallsmedonkey View Post
                  why is he the man to talk to? is he a solicitor or something or just been in court a lot might pm him and ask for advice
                  Yeah, been offending since he could walk.
                  Calls all the judges by their first names and all.

A right bowsie, but he knows his stuff.

Oops, nearly forgot the...
                  SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                    To add to the epicness the Malaga player who puts the block in at the start of the clip and scores their first three-pointer was released by Madrid a month ago having been deemed surplus to requirements.
                    I don't understand Spanish but when he made that block I was really hoping the commentator was saying "take that shit out of here"

Comment

Surely the best 40/50 secs of basketball ever ??
                      Maybe!

Awesome!

I don't understand Spanish but when he made that block I was really hoping the commentator was saying "take that shit out of here"
                      I think it roughly meant: "Not around here. This is my house now."
                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Not quite as good, but with a little poetic licence in the translation he essentially says 'Thou shalt not pass, this is now my home.'

Comment

BK Sephiroth wasnt the protagonist. Cloud was.
                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Not quite as good, but with a little poetic licence in the translation he essentially says 'Thou shalt not pass, this is now my home.'
                            He says "Not here. Now, this is my house"

Por aqui no. Ahora mi casa

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                              BK Sephiroth wasnt the protagonist. Cloud was.
                              sorry meant antagonist - thats what I get for trying to use big words

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-FE14_3dJA[/ame]

Memories. Particularly like the Shinra music. Second one.
                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I swapped FF7(never opened brought it back the same day) for Broken Sword 2 back in the day. I still think I made the right choice
                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                    I swapped FF7(never opened brought it back the same day) for Broken Sword 2 back in the day. I still think I made the right choice
                                    Wow, you're some lucky bollocks to still have seeing the error of your ways on that one ahead of you...

Comment

Nes: Super Mario Bro's 3

Snes: Mario Kart

PS1: FF7 obv

N64: Goldeneye or Ocarina of time

PS2: Unsure, would like to hear opinions on this.

PC: Grim Fandango or Little Big Adventure 2

Lost interest after PS2, more into messing with the lads on Fifa now.

Comment

MGS2, despite being a lumbering farcical mess in one way, is an absolute masterpiece in another and should be considered IMO.

I'm struggling to think of anything to put ahead of it tbh.

Comment

PS2 is a bit meh to be honest. Obv you have some games such as Metal gear solid 1 + 2 and FFX but apart from some pro evo games there wasnt really a whole lot to it. I actually moved away from Sony after the PS2

Comment

Oh and since we are on the subject of gaming last night I finished Oblivion and the expansion pack - its pretty sweet having it under my Gamertag as a game I have 100% in.

Now to practice Fight Night so I stop getting knocked out by 6 year olds that throw the power punch constantly and hit me with it once = knockout. Gay

Comment

bleughadgdgh

Mistimed a bluff and lecturer picked me to pieces! Don't have any idea why I said what I did, and little voice was saying "you don't know if that's true!" in my head.

It evidently wasn't
                                              Last edited by Emmet; 22-03-11, 11:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                MGS2, despite being a lumbering farcical mess in one way, is an absolute masterpiece in another and should be considered IMO.

I'm struggling to think of anything to put ahead of it tbh.
                                                Yeah I was gonna say this but I felt like... it was coming up short.

That goof Raiden ruined it for me.

Prob GTA San Andreas tbh for my No.1.

Comment

Back in Ireland. And right back in time to be invited to an interview for Bioware in Galway next week. Sweetness.

PS: Barcelona is a truly awesome city. Even CHD would like it.

PPS: I loved MGS2, until the cyberpunk bs at the end at least.
                                                  Last edited by Moneymaker; 22-03-11, 11:17.

Comment

although i'm a PC gamer, so have very little console time, the Tony Hawks games on the PS2 were brilliant!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                      WWhen I was a kid I bought Commodore 64 games at a school fair thinking that they'd work in my cassette player at home. I had no idea how they'd work, or how I'd see what was going on, but they were cheap, so I bought them.

When I tried to play them, all that happened was an awful lot of high pitched noises.

A disappointing game to say the least.

I used to record C64 games off the radio.

Fun times
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

This is a snippet of Battelfield 3 gameplay coming out in October. I really think it has the potential to be the GOAT on any console. It will be the edition that topples the COD franchise (although imho BFBC2 is better than any COD to date)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o19IjFD9sBg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o19IjFD9sBg[/ame]
                                                        Last edited by Bubbleking; 22-03-11, 11:23.

Comment

Nes: Super Mario Bro's 3
                                                          Agreed. Metroid too obv.

Snes: Mario Kart
                                                          Hell yes.

PS1: FF7 obv
                                                          Preferred 9 myself.

N64: Goldeneye or Ocarina of time
                                                          Agreed.

Persona series? Beyond Good and Evil? Gran Turismo 4? Resident Evil 4? MGS3?

PC: Grim Fandango or Little Big Adventure 2
                                                          Love GF. Has to be Starcraft though. Honorable mentions for KOTOR, Diablo 2, Half Life 2 and Deus Ex.

Also, BK I have no clue how you stomached Oblivion for so long. Poor mans Fallout

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                                            ya still have my c64,got the one with the laser gun + the dodgy platoon/batman games came with it. ended up with heaps of pirated sticky tape ova the top of cassete games, used ta love the last ninja, ye ar kung fu, commando, turrican, paperboy, like fecking hell how innocent were days when we'd get kicks outta playin a game gettin newspapers into letterboxes

Ridiculously under rated games, particualry turrican
                                                            Years ahead of it's time graphically and gameplay wise.
                                                            I remember there was invisible rock all over the place with powerups.
                                                            I honestly cannot remember how I got that information before the internet, magazine, no I was too young to buy magazines when I could buy the Beano. Honestly no clue.
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Final Fantasy 9? Really?

Jesus, Id say 7, 10, 8, 9 in terms of my enjoyment. I dont think I even bothered to finish 9. I know your gonna say something about it being a hark back to the old games etc etc. I thought it was a poor story and the protagonist was some freaky cat/monkey/meg ryan thing. Fuck that.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                I honestly cannot remember how I got that information before the internet, magazine, no I was too young to buy magazines when I could buy the Beano. Honestly no clue.
                                                                You bought a random game, crossed your fingers and hoped it wasn't a crock of shit. Which it often was.

I remember buying Carmeggedon. I still haven't forgiven myself for being so retarded.

Final Fantasy 9? Really?

Jesus, Id say 7, 10, 8, 9 in terms of my enjoyment. I dont think I even bothered to finish 9. I know your gonna say something about it being a hark back to the old games etc etc. I thought it was a poor story and the protagonist was some freaky cat/monkey thing. Fuck that.
                                                                I liked the story, simple but it worked. They kept the whiny emo characters to a minimum, yeah I didn't like the actual design of the characters(kuja, like wtf) but I enjoyed the colourful, picturesque world, a combat system that wasn't fundamentally broken(i'm looking at you ff8) and the truly epic soundtrack.

Also, 6 > any other FF game, but it doesn't count as a PS1 game despite a relaunch imo.
                                                                Last edited by Moneymaker; 22-03-11, 11:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                                                                  Also, BK I have no clue how you stomached Oblivion for so long. Poor mans Fallout
                                                                  I havnt played fallout yet but Oblivion was the 2nd game I got for the 360. It feels a bit chunky and dated but by the time I realised this I had a compulsion to finish it. Think I clocked 63 hours on it.

Now that its finished I have 0 desire to take it out of the case ever again

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    would you consider prince black?
                                                                    yep

Comment

I still maintain the best console was the Dreamcast

Jet Set Radio
                                                                      Soul Calibur
                                                                      Shenmue 1 and 2
                                                                      Fantasy Star online
                                                                      Resident Evil Code Veronica
                                                                      Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                        I havnt played fallout yet but Oblivion was the 2nd game I got for the 360. It feels a bit chunky and dated but by the time I realised this I had a compulsion to finish it. Think I clocked 63 hours on it.

Now that its finished I have 0 desire to take it out of the case ever again
                                                                        Yeah it's one of those games I would never play again once done with it. It manages to be more repetitive and annoying then Assassins Creed, and that is saying a lot. I will never bash AC though, it had some really great ideas and the 2nd and 3rd games are truly excellent.

I reckon I have at least 5-6 games with over 100 hours on them. I need to get out more.

And yeah good shout Rasta, I loved Shenmue and FSO. Code Veronica though? Really? I am a Resident Evil fan, and I hate that game.
                                                                        Last edited by Moneymaker; 22-03-11, 11:34.

Comment

I remember buying Carmeggedon. I still haven't forgiven myself for being so retarded.

That was brilliant on the PC (circa windows 95/early 98)
                                                                          The config files were not encrypted so you could mess around with the .inis and make all the cars fly/speed over 10000000/equipped with all weapons etc
                                                                          I loved that.

Comment

Good to see our corrupt law breaking politicians are finally being targetted by the Gardai.

The President of the Garda Representative Association has said an investigation has been launched into claims that a newly elected TD is growing and using cannabis.

The President of the Garda Representative Association has said an investigation has been launched into claims that a newly elected TD is growing and using cannabis.

Earlier this month, the Star newspaper reported that Roscommon South Leitrim TD Luke 'Ming' Flanagan admitted he grew a small amount of cannabis for personal use.

An editorial in the Garda Review magazine now warns that the justice system will become a mockery unless action is taken against the Independent TD, who was not named directly.
                                                                            Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 22-03-11, 11:45.

Comment

Final Fantasy 9? Really?

Jesus, Id say 7, 10, 8, 9 in terms of my enjoyment. I dont think I even bothered to finish 9. I know your gonna say something about it being a hark back to the old games etc etc. I thought it was a poor story and the protagonist was some freaky cat/monkey/meg ryan thing. Fuck that.
                                                                              9 is actually really good. I replayed it a couple of months ago and was super impressed, after being non-plussed by it back in the day.

I think a lot of the problem was that the materia system in FF7 was very simple, and I never got my head around the more complicated mechanics of 9 first time around. I think a lot of people were in the same boat.

It's a really nicely balanced game IMO, and the characters are cool as fuck

Yeah it's one of those games I would never play again once done with it. It manages to be more repetitive and annoying then Assassins Creed, and that is saying a lot. I will never bash AC though, it had some really great ideas and the 2nd and 3rd games are truly excellent.
                                                                              Just bought AC:B a coupe of days ago - good fun so far, but can see it becoming hugely repetitive with travelling around upgrading shops, tunnel entrances, aqueducts etc.

Comment

Just bought AC:B a coupe of days ago - good fun so far, but can see it becoming hugely repetitive with travelling around upgrading shops, tunnel entrances, aqueducts etc.
                                                                                You had a go at Multiplayer yet? It's superb, definitely the most original and interesting mutilplayer i've played in a very long time.

Comment

Y'all gamers should check out the Record and Game Emporium (RAGE) at the former Road Records site in Dublin if you haven't already.

Finally got to check out the rage yesterday. The guy behind the counter was pretty friendly and helpful.

New record & game shop opening in 16b Fade Street (yes, that 16b Fade Street) on 23rd October... Anyone know the score?

Decent vinyl selection too (owner also runs Trout Records in the Georges Street arcade).

The world needs more shops like this.

Comment

You had a go at Multiplayer yet? It's superb, definitely the most original and interesting mutilplayer i've played in a very long time.
                                                                                    No, just been playing through the story so far.

How does the multiplayer work?
                                                                                    Last edited by Keane; 22-03-11, 12:20.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                      Y'all gamers should check out the Record and Game Emporium (RAGE) at the former Road Records site in Dublin if you haven't already.

Finally got to check out the rage yesterday. The guy behind the counter was pretty friendly and helpful.

New record & game shop opening in 16b Fade Street (yes, that 16b Fade Street) on 23rd October... Anyone know the score?

Decent vinyl selection too (owner also runs Trout Records in the Georges Street arcade).

The world needs more shops like this.
                                                                                      Yeah it also has an old cab with about 200 games pre loaded on it. 20c for 5 credits

Comment

No, just been playing through the stroy so far.

How does the multiplayer work?
                                                                                        There's a few different games but my favourite is 'Wanted'. You are assigned a target, you hunt him down and kill him. You're rewarded for killing Incognito and simply running up and stabbing your target in plain view gets you minimal points. The skill is finding your target, getting close to him without giving yourself away and killing him and he never sees it coming. And while doing that you are being hunted also. The skill is blending with the crowd and not giving your position away with obvious movements(running for example).

Just play it and see. It's terrific.

Comment

There's a few different games but my favourite is 'Wanted'. You are assigned a target, you hunt him down and kill him. You're rewarded for killing Incognito and simply running up and stabbing your target in plain view gets you minimal points. The skill is finding your target, getting close to him without giving yourself away and killing him and he never sees it coming. And while doing that you are being hunted also. The skill is blending with the crowd and not giving your position away with obvious movements(running for example).

Just play it and see. It's terrific.
                                                                                          Sounds good - might give it a spin later.

Comment

Tiger Woods is very creepy when he tries to be overly nice in interviews. It's ridic transparent...
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                              I used to record C64 games off the radio.

Fun times
                                                                                              The C64 brings me back alright! I remember spotting a new game in our local software shop...'The Electron Game'...(or so we thought)...myself and my bro pooled all our pocket monies for it.....got it home loaded it up in great anticipation both of us.....how pissed were we when it loaded...gibberish about votes & candidates & Electoral Parties..... fxcking 'The Election Game' it was and not the Electron Game!!!! We were two upset little boys!!!

Comment

Please do. Its such a fantastic game. 4 discs of pure epicness.

Getting out of Migar at the start is the worst part of the game imo (worst part= still absolutely unreal). After that the game is just magic.
                                                                                                Yeah it takes a while to get going, but comes together when you blow up the first few Mako reactors. The graphics are out of this world too . It's gas the way you can rename your characters aswell.

Comment

Coach Taylor might well be the soundest dude going.

Comment

Re The FF franchise.

I think its very subjective what order you put your preferences in. Iv had this conversation with loads of people and if you "get" 9 then it will be your favourite otherwise your order of preference is likely to be 7, 10, 8, 9. However all this is really irrelevent. Fact of the matter is they were all great games. Ever since FFX There has never been a good FF game. FFX-2 was a crap money spinner trying to build off the epicness of X. I never played 11 so cant comment. 12 was ok in spots but still not great. Im currently half way through 13 and have no real desire to play it anymore - it really is that bad. Because of this I have no interest in playing 14 and probably wont buy any more FF games (unless they are remakes of earlier classics)

Comment

Anyone remember the footy sim "tracksuit manager" for the C64? Childhood memories of playing that for months on end.
                                                                                                      NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Love GF. Has to be Starcraft though. Honorable mentions for KOTOR, Diablo 2, Half Life 2 and Deus Ex.

Man i was addicted to this game for years, played it non stop. Was one of the best in the world at a few classes. Heard they're bringing out Diablo 3 sometime soon? Hopefully it doesn't disappoint. My vote goes to 1) Diablo 2 .. 2)FF7 .. 3)Resident Evil

Comment

Originally posted by ferg View Post
                                                                                                          The C64 brings me back alright! I remember spotting a new game in our local software shop...'The Electron Game'...(or so we thought)...myself and my bro pooled all our pocket monies for it.....got it home loaded it up in great anticipation both of us.....how pissed were we when it loaded...gibberish about votes & candidates & Electoral Parties..... fxcking 'The Election Game' it was and not the Electron Game!!!! We were two upset little boys!!!

deadly
                                                                                                          the C64 was great because any old madman come come up with a game
                                                                                                          Revenge of the Mutant Camels being a class example

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Harney View Post
                                                                                                            Man i was addicted to this game for years, played it non stop. Was one of the best in the world at a few classes. Heard they're bringing out Diablo 3 sometime soon? Hopefully it doesn't disappoint. My vote goes to 1) Diablo 2 .. 2)FF7 .. 3)Resident Evil
                                                                                                            Yeah, Q1 2012 apparently.

Don't get the love for FFX. Horrible game and when SE really started going downhill.

Comment

had a serious addiction to Rome: Total War for a while in college. Nothing could eat up hours on end then getting stoned and settling in for a big session. Pretty sure in reality I hate the game due to the amount of time I spent on it but still thought it was excellent.
                                                                                                              Barring that FF7 was excellent but 4 player Goldeneye or Mario64 would be right up there with pro evo for hours of competitive enjoyment.

Comment

If you loved FF7 then check out the earier versions FF4/FF5 on PSN

The plotlines are fantastic, great character development. music is lush too for such simple hardware.

Think there has been a campaign to get chrono trigger on PSN, its a "must play" if it does.
                                                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qy9KvDtI5w[/ame]

Comment

theres meant to be some good mods for that, been meaning to try them

Comment

Just finished watching this show, thought it was meh but this episode was gold.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoF_fa9TMDk[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZb4vwMV8lY&feature=watch_response[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjXVELPIq5k&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                                                                      Last edited by RasTa; 22-03-11, 13:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
                                                                                                                        Anyone remember the footy sim "tracksuit manager" for the C64? Childhood memories of playing that for months on end.
                                                                                                                        My two favourite manager games for the c64 were The Double, and Multi Player Soccer Manager. Countless hours wasted. With The Double you had to enter a 3 digit code from a cross reference thing that we lost after a while. Very annoying to have to reload the game until we got one we remembered. Very slow game as well, but great.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                                          Just finished watching this show, thought it was meh but this episode was gold.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZb4v...watch_response
                                                                                                                          Flight of the Conchords was amazing TV
                                                                                                                          Series One is just brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X