X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the absence of RDIII I'll post something I thought was pretty class:

From The Irish Independent:

Originally posted by Shane Ross
    Enda should go further. He should let his fellow heads of government know that Ireland is contemplating encouraging further multinational investment with a unilateral cut in the rate, bringing it down to 9.9 per cent.

They would go ape; but he can remind them that Ireland's tax is Ireland's business. He should point out that Ireland is not in a position to repay its mountain of debt, that Europe has a responsibility for our plight.

He should then return from Brussels after the summit on March 24 and announce that he intends to hold a referendum on the EU/IMF deal.

Referendums in Ireland usually put the fear of God into Europe.

We have a record of awkward popular outbreaks of democracy that refuse to be bullied by Brussels.

If we are about to take a hard line in the interests of the economy, we need ministers who understand economics and can read balance sheets.
    I think we would have to make Enda our Grand Emperor for life if he did this

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
        flimbos quest and the new zealand story on c64, so epic at the time
        classics, specially nz story...member desert island dizzy?

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
          Emmet! That's an unacceptable amount to have in you're BA. Although my mammy did put my Children's allowance straight into my BA for 18 years.
          LOL
          I came from one of the few households where the Children's Allowance was vitally needed.
          My back account can resemble Emmet's at times and I'm working
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Ha not at all. Just seems like a silly field is all!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

the fact this happened makes it less and less likley we are going to see much change
                Indeed, the economy would have been better served by putting Joan (with her accountancy expertise) and Olivia (with her economics background) into key ministries. Olivia was ignored. Joan was humiliated.
                I'm not a big fan of Joan but she was the lock for this job and it's odd beyond measure she was passed over
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                  We're planning to just keep the children's allowance in a savings account - should be about €40k there by the time the kid is 18 - equals uni fees paid.
                  best of luck with this, this money is best spent on booze and drugs like everyone else does. The day that mickey money was given out used to be the easiest day of the month to get laid so don't let the missus near it

send your kid doon de mines to earn the uni fees and blame the recession

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                    Fienedish Freddy's Big Top of Fun

Absolutley mental game.
                    You'd be on the tightrop and someone would cut the rope
                    High dive and they'd move the bucket
                    Just an evil, evil bastard of a game

Comment

Just caught up with all of Jersey Shore, now time to hit up season 5 of FNL which have been putting off for a week

Not sure if Fullers Honey Dew qualifys as an ale but it is tres nice

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        Fienedish Freddy's Big Top of Fun

Absolutley mental game.
                        You'd be on the tightrop and someone would cut the rope
                        High dive and they'd move the bucket
                        Just an evil, evil bastard of a game
                        hahaha, ya it came in the insta load cartridge, evil is right, they used to have ever decrasing bucket sizes...and the knifetthrowing as well!!!

Comment

the fact this happened makes it less and less likley we are going to see much change

I'm not a big fan of Joan but she was the lock for this job and it's odd beyond measure she was passed over
                          I think "accountancy expertise" has been monumentally overstated in terms of relevance to the job in question tbh.

Comment

I think "accountancy expertise" has been monumentally overstated in terms of relevance to the job in question tbh.
                            Better qualified than I teacher I would imagine

Comment

With talks of Ivey earlier...This hand always just leaves me in awe.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Qap3VT_ZY&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Better qualified than I teacher I would imagine
                                Meh, not by much tbh.

I've spent a while trying to think of an appropriate analogy, but my creativity is at an all time low today

Comment

I really despise being sick. Really and truly. It's a) expensive to see doctors / buy prescriptions and b) boring. Sigh.
                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                    I really despise being sick. Really and truly. It's a) expensive to see doctors / buy prescriptions and b) boring. Sigh.
                                    Do you not qualify for medical card?

Comment

You should watch Jersey Shore cheer you right up!
                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post
                                        Burn?
                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Whats wrong big man? Black Lung?

Comment

Me? No - I am employed fulltime.
                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                              Whats wrong big man? Black Lung?
                                              Remember I left early on Saturday? Been ill with some manner of infection since.

Comment

My dads favourite game! He clocked it and loved it!

Treasure Island Dizzy was along next, love it myself. Here it is btw

Comment

Sorry I thought you were unemployed... dunno why I thought that(!)

Comment

Sorry I thought you were unemployed... dunno why I thought that(!)
                                                    I was for a stretch in 2009.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIabNqGnqn4[/ame]
                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

No VHI? or just use a mates name who has a medical card.
                                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

No VHI? or just use a mates name who has a medical card.
                                                          Health Insurance doesn't sort you for GP visits!

The second option is

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                            That is ridiculous.
                                                            That figure should be WAY higher.
                                                            I'm sure he done 101 a movie in some cases

Comment

Lost a alot of respect for Shane Ross when I read this a week ago. The part about having a referendum on the bailout is such populsist nonesense I wouldn't expect it from someone like Shane Ross.

What position should Moan have gotten? With Labour being a minority Governent she was never going to get Finance as that was always going to go to FG. The problem with the Public sector reform job is that she has about as much tact as Hitler at a bar mitzvah. Looking at her performance on Vinny Browne before the election it would be pains me just imaging her chair delicate negotians with Public sector TU. The fact she played the gender card as soon as she wasn't given a "top" position sums her up. The women is clearly deluded.
                                                              Last edited by Teddie; 22-03-11, 18:10.

Comment

The second option is
                                                                It's quiet popular in Tallaght

I'm joking just in case anyone takes it seriously on the second option..

Also my VHI covers for 2 GP visits a year, at least that's what the rep said.
                                                                Last edited by RasTa; 22-03-11, 18:12.

Comment

Remember I left early on Saturday? Been ill with some manner of infection since.
                                                                  Too much excitment is all, ur still trying to get over the shock. Have some Ice cream and u will be all better. Thats what i learned from my mentor Dr. Nick

Comment

The second option is
                                                                    The DeadParrot Guide to recovering from Illness.

It helps to realise that most illness and infections are caused by bacteria in the system.
                                                                    Once this relatively simple concept is grasped, you simply fall back on something that will kill bacteria yet not kill you.
                                                                    This obviously leaves injecting Domestos and sniffing anti bacterial soap out of the equation.
                                                                    You are left with man's most trusted anesthetic, alcohol.
                                                                    Simply get absolutely cuntarsed drunk and the resulting inflow of alcohol will kill the bacteria, keep you alive and probably will be the most fun had in 'treatment'
                                                                    Don't forget, as you are 'off sick' you get to sleep all day (furthering the bodies’ recovery) and miss the hangover.
                                                                    Another advantage of this method uses Darwin’s theory of survival of the fittest, (weakest members of the herd killed 1st means the herd operates more efficient and stronger) alcohol kill brain cells; using the theory outlined above, the slowest, weakest brain cells will be killed off. This means upon returning to work you will operate at maximum capacity without all those 'bad' brain cells in the way slowing the cognitive process

Comment

Wait til Kayroo sees that...

I know a few Deaf people who 'share' medical cards and free travel passes... dunno how they get away with it(!)

Comment

'Que Hijo de la gran Puta'

Have a fair idea what he's saying but anyone have a direct translation?

Comment

I'm joking just in case anyone takes it seriously on the second option..

Also my VHI covers for 2 GP visits a year, at least that's what the rep said.
                                                                          Hmm, I'm with Aviva but may need to examine the fine print.

Too much excitment is all, ur still trying to get over the shock. Have some Ice cream and u will be all better. Thats what i learned from my mentor Dr. Nick
                                                                          While it is true that I nearly died of shock on Saturday (like most of us I expect), once I realised that I would, indeed, live it began to dawn on me that I was really fucking ill.

Solid medical advice though. We'll show Buckley when he qualifies and we ignore anything he has to say on medical matters.

Comment

reminder: stars €44 sat just started at 18:15. Late reg is open
                                                                            im in... need more players for 2 tickets

EDIT ! for ukipt Cork!
                                                                            Last edited by badugi; 22-03-11, 18:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

That Son of a Bitch
                                                                              Last edited by Electra Blue; 22-03-11, 18:16. Reason: The subjective

Comment

Wait til Kayroo sees that...

I know a few Deaf people who 'share' medical cards and free travel passes... dunno how they get away with it(!)
                                                                                I've lost all respect for Kayroo after Jury Duty last week

The highlight was when one of the witnesses starting shouting at the defence saying his Perry Mason tactics were not going to work on him.
                                                                                Last edited by RasTa; 22-03-11, 18:23.

Comment

Comment

The second option is
                                                                                    Think Im sorted for 12 visits a year, pay up front and get it refunded.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                      You should watch Jersey Shore cheer you right up!
                                                                                      Whats this Jersey Shore all about? Never watched it before.
                                                                                      NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                        Think Im sorted for 12 visits a year, pay up front and get it refunded.
                                                                                        I paid upfront, will look into recouping. Cheers for the tip lads.

Comment

I've lost all respect for Kayroo after Jury Duty last week

The highlight was when one of the witnesses starting shouting at the defence saying his Perry Mason tactics were not going to work on him.
                                                                                          that sounds deadly tbf

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                            Just caught up with all of Jersey Shore, now time to hit up season 5 of FNL which have been putting off for a week

Not sure if Fullers Honey Dew qualifys as an ale but it is tres nice

It's actually not as sweet as you'd think but goes down real easy, tesco should stock it but it was almost €3/500ml bottle last time I bought. Once upon a time I used to attempt to include in marinate for steak. Twas awesome with cheaper meat but wasted valuable drinking/eating time.

Comment

son of a whore/bitch

Comment

There's very little detail in the article on endgadget - I'm beginning to think your as much of an Android fanboy as the Apple droolers you complain about

Seems like a serious tablet. Undecided in either the xoom or the galaxy 10.1. Ipad 2 idea has gone out the window at this stage.......I don't think I could bear Danny ranting on me for the foreseeable future
                                                                                                NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

That Son of a Bitch
                                                                                                  it's a bit more than that, it's like "what a Son of The Queen Bitch" (la gran puta is THE motherfuckin bitch if you get my drift)

Comment

could anyone ship me 15 euros on stars till thursday night please ! only copped that sat now!
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                      We're planning to just keep the children's allowance in a savings account - should be about €40k there by the time the kid is 18 - equals uni fees paid.
                                                                                                      Double LOL
                                                                                                      First at the idea that you think you will actually save all the mickey money for 18 years and even more at thinking that 40 K will be enough to sponsor the sprog through College.
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The idiots that are living here now is unreal.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krtWRSLr-A8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

The average penis size world map....

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                            could anyone ship me 15 euros on stars till thursday night please ! only copped that sat now!
                                                                                                            tipperary101 right???

Comment

tipperary101 right???
                                                                                                              yep
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

NSFW

SPOILER
                                                                                                                http://foxnews.gr/wp-content/plugins/vipers-video-quicktags/resources/jw-flv-player/player.swf?file=http://live.fox365.com/videos/funny/2009/sprite_adv_fox365.flv

Comment

sent glgl

Comment

sent glgl
                                                                                                                    thanks a mil hun!
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                                        The average penis size world map....

http://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx?reportId=3073
                                                                                                                        And you came across this when searching for.......

Comment

Help

Best software (free) for removing system tool virus/spyware?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X