Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to a table quiz last night inspired by recent BBV events.
    Mate, dan Mooney was there on another team, you might have heard of him on Ray darcy show, he's on a year long project to do one new thing every day for 366 days. about 5 weeks from the end. Yesterday the challenge was not to talk for a whole day, ending at midnight. We did pretty well, but came 4th, team that came second got 5 out of ten in first round, then four full sheets in a row. by the end of round 5, she wasnt even hiding her phone any more, she was waving it around with the google logo visible from our table 4 tables away. Said it to the quiz guys, they did nothing except make a half assed threat to disqualify. last round comes and first question I see her lean over table with google showing the answer to the guy writing because she cant pronounce it. all teams start jeering them so she puts phone away. 4th question, she asks the guy to repeat 3 times, and Dan shouts at her "Why dont you just fuckin google it!". Realises what he's done, checks his watch ; 11.59PM. His rules are if he fails he has to do it again. FHL.

Cheating team get 3 out of ten in final round with everyone watching them, and still ship second. joke.

EDIT: Oh, and the cheating team had even stolen one of the team names mentioned on Foley too "quizteama aguilera"
    Next week We're going to be "Every time you google an answer, Karma kills a family member".
    Last edited by Zuroph; 08-03-11, 18:02.
    http://mobro.co/zuroph
    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Lets go Barca etc, 4-1 mauling style.
      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Glad its not just me so.

Yeah lighters that's another one I never thought of.

We were thinking of creating some sort of netting (Not physically making it but basing our project on this imaginary product) that you can attach down the side of your car to help this problem. So, instead of your things falling into those awkward places, the netting should catch/secure them.

Realistically, it probably wouldn't work but we couldn't think of any other new product
        Last edited by Crow; 08-03-11, 18:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          Just please don't let it be Denilson. He is way out of his depth big time in the Premiership, so he will be murdered in Barcelona. If his name is on the starting sheet, i'd lump on Barcelona to have this finished by half time.
          What the hell has happened to Denilson? I could never quite see how he was Brazil's U-21 captain, but this season (when he's played) it's hard to see how he made it as a professional.

Comment

'Super Junior Minister'

lol.
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
              Went to a table quiz last night inspired by recent BBV events.
              Mate, dan Mooney was there on another team, you might have heard of him on Ray darcy show, he's on a year long project to do one new thing every day for 366 days. about 5 weeks from the end. Yesterday the challenge was not to talk for a whole day, ending at midnight. We did pretty well, but came 4th, team that came second got 5 out of ten in first round, then four full sheets in a row. by the end of round 5, she wasnt even hiding her phone any more, she was waving it around with the google logo visible from our table 4 tables away. Said it to the quiz guys, they did nothing except make a half assed threat to disqualify. last round comes and first question I see her lean over table with google showing the answer to the guy writing because she cant pronounce it. all teams start jeering them so she puts phone away. 4th question, she asks the guy to repeat 3 times, and Dan shouts at her "Why dont you just fuckin google it!". Realises what he's done, checks his watch ; 11.59PM. His rules are if he fails he has to do it again. FHL.

Cheating team get 3 out of ten in final round with everyone watching them, and still ship second. joke.

EDIT: Oh, and the cheating team had even stolen one of the team names mentioned on Foley too "quizteama aguilera"
              Next week We're going to be "Every time you google an answer, Karma kills a family member".
              On the day that you are not going to talk, the obvious choice is to go on a table quiz team.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                On the day that you are not going to talk, the obvious choice is to go on a table quiz team.
                lol. Rules are he can't change anything he'd normally do, so if he'd usually go, he has to. Obviously the +EV thing to do is put him charge of writing the answers, so he can write it down if he knows.
                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                  CHD's logic isn't so crazy when I apply the theory to Milan this year. Like they haven't a chance of winning the CL even if they progress (unlikely as it is now), but progression into the QF could really affect league form where their in with a great chance. I suppose the Chelsea thing was a little more stupid as they've never won it and it was probably priority.
                  It isn't crazy at all and was not stupid.

The sooner you goons realise I am a genius the better.

Comment

Pretty funny video. Some of the reactions are quite funny. Id be lying if I said I wouldn't get a fright if I saw her!

Comment

Any of our fag jockeys quitting smoking tomorrow for National No Smoking Day?

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                        The lads who want to take the piss out of me are too cool IMO. Having some laughs on the interweb. Cool guys.

If you say one thing to them then that offends them or doesnt agree with them' they are crying and winging over the forum looking for sympathy. As I said... Cool guys.
                        I'm glad lads are giving you some credit and are willing to buy some of your action on this forum. If anything it proves the place isn't cliquey as I really don't know you that well and I've been here ages!

However, you need to realise that you have zero history in terms of poker results and that asking people to buy a % is always going to garner a certain level of skepticism and reluctance. Don't take it personally, just realise that there are plenty of scam artists out there and poker attracts an above-average share. It's healthy for a community like this to immediately suspect a neophyte to live poker on that level. Taking it personally won't help your cause.

Remember, there have been guys who have sold 150% of their action and then, inexplicably, won the tournament. These are well established pro's too, not newbies. Being awake to possible scams is a necessary evil I'm afraid.

Best of luck with the tournament. I won't be buying a % but that's certainly no reflection on you and I hope you win a lot of money for you and your backers.
                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                          It isn't crazy at all and was not stupid.

The sooner you goons realise I am a genius the better.
                          League is Arsenals priority really.

I wont be too disappointed as long as we dont get hammered and dont get any injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                            League is Arsenals priority really.

I wont be too disappointed as long as we dont get hammered and dont get any injuries.
                            This is how I felt about Chelsea but because the club had different priorities most people could not get their head around my point. Simple people really.

Comment

]
                              This place is ridic cliquey btw. Most are cunts to newbies. Keane and MSN are the only two I can think of to muscle in and become regs in a long long time.

Comment

hang on a second - this whole thing isn't being cliquey to new posters what so ever. I think you missed the point there lads. My main gripe is a relatively new poster asking for staking (you can dress it up as selling % if you want) to a 550 dollar tournament. He has offered very little to the site except for applying to every staking thread thats on the go

Also if you will remember back to the time when that guy from Carlow was trying to sell his WSOP seats young Mahony was the first to jump down his throat while I defended him even though the carlow guy was a new poster.

So you can GTFO with your cliquey BS cause it just doesn't fly in this case

Comment

Such a tune

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xzU9Qqdqww[/ame]
                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

]
                                    This place is ridic cliquey btw. Most are cunts to newbies. Keane and MSN are the only two I can think of to muscle in and become regs in a long long time.
                                    Reminds me of poor Hank Scoprio who got shot down.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                      Any of our fag jockeys quitting smoking tomorrow for National No Smoking Day?
                                      no, following the actions of a 'Day' is pointless and hypocritical.
                                      I'm all for people quitting and would never stop or belittle someones attempt
                                      But the people who will give me dirty looks tomorrow while I have a smoke and give it the old
                                      'but it's no smoking day', they will face the full on force of my ire. I'll be celebrating National Use a fucking morons forehead as an Ashtray day.
                                      Assholes.

P.S anyone got a good pancake recipe, ya know, for the day that is in it?
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                        Been listening to it for months. Its a grower.

Another good one.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICaTsTkBPV8[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                          Ugh i dislike this a lot. Altho I like Kid Cudi and MGMT doing there own thing, something went wrong with that tune

Comment

Very surprised at Rosicky starting. Not too happy about it really. Nasri on the right, Rosicky on the left by the look of things. Not too much width there.

Comment

]
                                              Hi.

GFY
                                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                But the people who will give me dirty looks tomorrow while I have a smoke and give it the old
                                                'but it's no smoking day', they will face the full on force of my ire. I'll be celebrating National Use a fucking morons forehead as an Ashtray day.
                                                Assholes.

I admire the strength of your convictions.
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Assholes.

I think...

1 egg
                                                  1 cup of flour
                                                  1 cup of milk
                                                  Pinch of salt optional, may not be noticable

...works well. Go by feel and add a bit less/more milk based on consistency.
                                                  I just made the batter now following this, hopefully it works or we are both fucked.

First pancakes is often a write off for some unknown reason so disregard if that happens and keep on trucking.

Edit: Googling and potential reasons for the often first pancake fuck up are that the pan isn't hot enough and/or people over grease the pan for it.
                                                  Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 08-03-11, 18:56.

Comment

]
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Very surprised at Rosicky starting. Not too happy about it really. Nasri on the right, Rosicky on the left by the look of things. Not too much width there.
                                                      What site is that Shano? Thanks.

Comment

This is the best song I've heard in ages

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjFaenf1T-Y[/ame]

Comment

Morgan Freeman definitely worth the wait

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbIqL-lN1B4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                            hang on a second - this whole thing isn't being cliquey to new posters what so ever. I think you missed the point there lads. My main gripe is a relatively new poster asking for staking (you can dress it up as selling % if you want) to a 550 dollar tournament. He has offered very little to the site except for applying to every staking thread thats on the go

Also if you will remember back to the time when that guy from Carlow was trying to sell his WSOP seats young Mahony was the first to jump down his throat while I defended him even though the carlow guy was a new poster.

So you can GTFO with your cliquey BS cause it just doesn't fly in this case

I dont like the way the young lad was pounced on but this post pretty much sums the situation up.

Comment

Assholes.

well its gonna be hard for me to give them up with 2 thousand L&ms sitting in the bottom of the wardrobe!

pancakes 100grams of flour or one cup if ya have no scales
                                                              1 egg
                                                              300 ml milk
                                                              pinch salt
                                                              1 tablespoon of melted butter

fuck it all in a big bowl and whisk the shite out of it and bobs your uncle
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                What site is that Shano? Thanks.
                                                                Im not sure. I robbed the image from boards.

Comment

Loving that Arsenal team. The front 6 of Barca is so scary though! This should be one cracker of a game

Comment

Goals aplenty with those line ups and how the match is poised going into this. +3.5 @ 6/5 imo

Comment

lol nursing home singalong

Last edited by smurph; 08-03-11, 19:21.
                                                                      Follow me in twitterland

Comment

That Barca back 4 will definitely concede goals if Arsenal get enough of the ball in that half of the field.

Diaby and Rosicky on the pitch worries me from an Arsenal point of view. Starting RVP is a massive gamble but one they had to make imo.

Comment

is the game not on regular tv?

Comment

is the game not on regular tv?
                                                                            TV3, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                              well its gonna be hard for me to give them up with 2 thousand L&ms sitting in the bottom of the wardrobe!

pancakes 100grams of flour or one cup if ya have no scales
                                                                              1 egg
                                                                              300 ml milk
                                                                              pinch salt
                                                                              1 tablespoon of melted butter

fuck it all in a big bowl and whisk the shite out of it and bobs your uncle
                                                                              pancakes are all about fee you cant measure them. I have the pancake sweats now after my third heping of the day. i love this best day ever Pancakes awsome football.

Comment

Either of you Arsenal boys fancy a straight $10/$20 bet.
                                                                                I'll take Barca to win by 2 or more
                                                                                Just for a bit of added interest for me

Comment

TV3, unfortunately.
                                                                                  Yeah, their commentary tilts the bejaysus out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                    What the hell has happened to Denilson? I could never quite see how he was Brazil's U-21 captain, but this season (when he's played) it's hard to see how he made it as a professional.
                                                                                    I was expecting really big things from Denilson. Unearthing a 18 year Brazilian and paying €3m for him despite him only playing something like 15 games for Sao Paolo meant that Wenger.scouts definetly saw something (I did think we signed Denilson from Betis though when i heard the news )

I think he's always looked ordinary at best. He's a poor passer, he has a poor shot, he doesn't cope particularly well under pressure and he doesn't play like a Brazilian. He's still only 23, but he hasn't became the player we'd have all hoped. I don't think he's going to get there either, he's just not good enough. He could probably do a job for a mediocre premiership team, and would defo fit into the Spanish league, but i wouldn't be upset if he never pulled on the Arsenal jersey again

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                      Yeah $20 is good for me Dice

Comment

@ Bubbleking

Just to let you know that I was irked by your comment in the staking thread about the majority of people on here having gambling addictions. Just to let you know that isn't always the case.

/rant

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                          Yeah $20 is good for me Dice
                                                                                          Booked, I love taking money off Gooooooooners

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                            @ Bubbleking

Just to let you know that I was irked by your comment in the staking thread about the majority of people on here having gambling addictions. Just to let you know that isn't always the case.

/rant
                                                                                            Wanna bet?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                              Not an Arsenal fan but feck it want to go another $20 to give me a reason to follow it?

Comment

Originally posted by Crow View Post
                                                                                                Not an Arsenal fan but feck it want to go another $20 to give me a reason to follow it?
                                                                                                Ok, booked aswell.

Comment

Nani injury update

Comment

Another n00b question for Hitch or the like. When referencing using the Harvard system should there be different sections for Journal Articles and Books or are they just in alphabetical order as if they were the same?
                                                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Comment

I'm lost on this place
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Got picked for a case today, god it's awful. A big waste of everyone's time
                                                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                            Another n00b question for Hitch or the like. When referencing using the Harvard system should there be different sections for Journal Articles and Books or are they just in alphabetical order as if they were the same?
                                                                                                            You talking about the bibliography/ref list at the end? If you are, then they have to be listed alphabetically.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Crow; 08-03-11, 19:46.

Comment

C'mon Arsenal

Brrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                                Got picked for a case today, god it's awful. A big waste of everyone's time
                                                                                                                you gonna be this guy:

or this guy:

?

Comment

This guy ^ obviously

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    @ Bubbleking

/rant
                                                                                                                    in fairness that's why I said majority and not everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post

This guy ^ obviously
                                                                                                                      WP

first proper lol on this site in a while you joke stealing bastard!

Comment

in fairness that's why I said majority and not everyone
                                                                                                                        Maybe I am in denial

Comment

Watching the match on TV3 the extreme left hand side action is often cut off on my TV. Sometimes can't see the player on the ball.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X