This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
    I'll just pop down there next time I'm in the country then!
    where are you located?
    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Wow, never thought I'd say this but some Hookers are smart!

Bernard Jackman's thoughts on last weekend. Don't think there's even one point I wouldn't agree with.
      The big debate about the merits of selecting O'Gara over Sexton being would Ireland revert to the kick for territory style that we have played
      traditionally. With Sexton at Out half for the France and Italy game we played a fast paced game with the ball being passed immediately to the
      outside backs. Declan Kidney when asked last week whether we would persevere with the "ball in hand" tactic under O'Gara said "if we clam up and Crawl under a rock we'll actually go backwards. Risk nothing win nothing". On the evidence of Sunday we did revert to type and it will be interesting to find out if that was agreed beforehand. It seems that O'Gara using all his experience and leadership qualities decided that he knew how to ensure we won the match and took control. Having players who will take ownership on the field is what all coaches strive for as they are the ones who will make the team successful in high pressure games.

If the Management decided that we should abandon the game plan then I feel that we have a problem. The reason that we changed to a more attacking brand of rugby is that the laws now suit that better. Its far harder to force turnovers in the modern game and hence if you kick you need to be prepared to defend for long periods. To play a kicking game exclusively you need a pack that can dominate all areas of the set piece and a back line that can out muscle its opponents. We don't have those qualities. Our team rely on our foot balling ability mostly derives from the players GAA background and we need to out think and out worn our opponents to win. We will get away with the kicking game against the Welsh, Scots and Italians, but against France and England and the 3 Southern Hemisphere teams we will struggle. There was always going to be a bedding in period while the players adapted to the tactic and while I feel we may have got the balance wrong in the first two matches I feel that we kicked too much against Scotland.

The reason that we need to kick so much at the moment is that we are a better team without the ball. This is because we have a serious problem with our discipline. The coaches were at pains last week to point out that we don't have a problem and that we are just on a bad run with referees, but Sunday was the 13th game in a row that we gave away more than 10 penalties and our average over that period is 12.4 per match. The penalty count from the Scottish game was 13 penalties and 1 free kick conceded to 4 penalties won. The referee Nigel Owens is one of the worlds best and is very favourable to Irish teams usually. He refereed the quarters, semi and final in both Leinster and Munster's recent Heineken Cup wins. If he is penalising us that much we have a problem. I feel that the only way to sort this is to drop the serial offenders as you can be sure that it has been addressed at team meetings but the players are playing lip service to it.

Comment

Cheltenham is looming large..Can't wait :-)

2 of my biggest bets probably:

Allure of Illusion in the Bumper @ 10/1. Mullins says it's the best horse he has ever trained, & Davy Russell says it's a top class horse and they've been waiting for Cheltenham to unleash it.

Zarkander in the Triumph Hurdle, was 33/1 last Saturday morning. 7/1 now. A fella I know knows the owner who said (last week) it will have one more run before Cheltenham and win that, and then go on to win the Triumph Hurdle. It won that race last Saturday by half the track.

And some week it shall be folks
        Last edited by TheJiggaman; 04-03-11, 16:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
          where are you located?
          Buenos Aires

Comment

Usual thurs night US tv shows on a break for couple of weeks?

Comment

Buenos Aires
              pop down to El Gato Negro, Corrientes 1669, Centro and see if they have any sesame paste then.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                Usual thurs night US tv shows on a break for couple of weeks?
                Good session last night?

ITS FRIDAY*

*isnt it?
                Last edited by Dice75; 04-03-11, 17:31.

Comment

Anyone else got this f***ing stomach bug that's doing the rounds? Pretty annoying tbh.

Comment

pop down to El Gato Negro, Corrientes 1669, Centro and see if they have any sesame paste then.
                    Have you been here before or something? There's a couple of health food stores nearby, might have a look there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                      Good session last night?

ITS FRIDAY*

*isnt it?
                      Considering i dont have access to US channels here I download the shows after they have aired you muppet!

I'm still a bit hungover I think, would like to play some live pokers tho to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                        Considering i dont have access to US channels here I download the shows after they have aired you muppet!

I'm still a bit hungover I think, would like to play some live pokers tho to recover.
                        Fitz is the only place for a Friday game i'd say. Else hit the Sunday Million cheap sats hard on Stars, should be nice & soft this week.

Goin drinkin myself coz its Beer o'Clock

Comment

Have you been here before or something? There's a couple of health food stores nearby, might have a look there.
                          nah, googled "middle eastern food stores Beenon Aires" and got a hit for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Fitz is the only place for a Friday game i'd say. Else hit the Sunday Million cheap sats hard on Stars, should be nice & soft this week.

Goin drinkin myself coz its Beer o'Clock
                            Million sats it is, meant to play some of those

Comment

Lads if you're interested in Cheltenham and want to share your views with others, take a look at this thread where I hope to be able to put together an IPB version of a Cheltenham Preview Night.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                  so hard to forget the image of Lisa Simpson giving head when looking at the London 2012 logo:

Zionist pig

Comment

Watching the super 14s. The Lions lost last week to the Sharks which is normally no surprise as they have lost their last 16 matches but last week they were the better team for most of the game which was a huge surprise. A lot of new players for them this year as is usual as they normally lose their best to the bigger South African teams.

This year though they look really good. They picked up Josh Strauss last year, he is 24 and is already a world class flanker and if he keeps up this level of performance he has to be in contention for a place in the South African squad. Their other flanker has come through the ranks at the Lions and is also 24, his name is Derrick Minnie and he looks fantastic too. They have a black no.10 who is 20 years old, his name is Elton Jantjies. He didn't play well last week but people have been talking about him for a while and he has looked really good today. Their front row is fierce in the scrums, they are playing against an All Black front row and are winning the battle.

Anyways if you want to watch the second half which has just started its on here
                                    SPOILER
                                    http://www.silversportz.co.uk/
                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Comment

Make your own hummus day on the BBV. Next chd will share spring gardening tips and ghostface ste let's us know it's ok to cry.

Comment

Make your own hummus day on the BBV. Next chd will share spring gardening tips and ghostface ste let's us know it's ok to cry.
                                          I was hoping today would be warm so I could get out in the garden but the frost isn't helping.

Give it a week or two and I will do the trip report/tips.

Comment

How To Beat The Watson Computer on Jeopardy

Last edited by 6starpool; 04-03-11, 18:40.

Comment

Sum1 tried to stab mourinho in an airport as he signed autographs,supposidley got his bodyguard

ehh happened last week only cumen out now
                                              Last edited by Charlie Harper; 04-03-11, 18:46.

Comment

A *NIX joke in the BBV? WTF?
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Just booked my trip to las vegas

Comment

Bought one of those electronic cigarettes, I'm hoping it will save me from falling off the wagon.

It came in ridiculously over the top posh packaging, like a perfume box c/w red ribbon and fancy stripes It has a ridiculous posh brand name too 'Jasper & Jasper', wtf?

Anyway, I was curious so I asked the girl if the product was available to under 18's, she said 'no, sure there's nicotine in it'. I find this a bit bizarre, if a sixteen year old who's been smoking two years suddenly finds the sense to give up, is it not a little strange that a product that can help him is unavailable?

Is it the same with the nicotine gum?
                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

its never ok to cry, except during E.T.

Comment

stars for boyles?

just wondering can anyone do a swap for $22 on stars for you your euro equivalent on boyles?

Comment

I remember years ago hearing this lad say he was into gardening, I lol'ed.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                          Bought one of those electronic cigarettes, I'm hoping it will save me from falling off the wagon.

It came in ridiculously over the top posh packaging, like a perfume box c/w red ribbon and fancy stripes It has a ridiculous posh brand name too 'Jasper & Jasper', wtf?

Anyway, I was curious so I asked the girl if the product was available to under 18's, she said 'no, sure there's nicotine in it'. I find this a bit bizarre, if a sixteen year old who's been smoking two years suddenly finds the sense to give up, is it not a little strange that a product that can help him is unavailable?

Is it the same with the nicotine gum?
                                                          Should have gone to Londis imo.
                                                          Best of luck with it, fingers crossed.
                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

going well in the daily 40k on stars! 120 out of zillions lol

hitting everything as usual, long may it last!
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                              going well in the daily 40k on stars! 120 out of zillions lol

hitting everything as usual, long may it last!
                                                              Fingers crossed for ya

Comment

Originally posted by themadchef View Post
                                                                Fingers crossed for ya
                                                                lol 4,500 runners left, no fuckin chance id say! currently 72nd

lol im getting great respect here!!!!
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

There's a film on tonight on RTE2 @ 10:30 which many of you may be unfamiliar with that I'm a great fan of - The Matador with Pierce Brosnan and Greg Kinnear. An unusual, quirky, interesting little film.

Comment

Ah, picked you up wrong. I thought you were down to the 120 mark, i dont play on stars at all. ..

Best of luck..you never know

Not sure what i'll play tonight. Playing 10c/20c now but will try to find a fishy 25c/50c to settle on.

Any decent donkaments on I poker network of a Friday night? I'm rusty as hell.

Comment

Ah, picked you up wrong. I thought you were down to the 120 mark, i dont play on stars at all. ..

Not sure what i'll play tonight. Playing 10c/20c now but will try to find a fishy 25c/50c to settle on.

not sure but im sure the lads will u help u out on that one!!! lol wish it was down to 120!
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                        There's a film on tonight on RTE2 @ 10:30 which many of you may be unfamiliar with that I'm a great fan of - The Matador with Pierce Brosnan and Greg Kinnear. An unusual, quirky, interesting little film.
                                                                        Anything better than Tubbs.

Youre on! Cheers

Comment

paddy has an added mtt on at 8.30 and boyles has one too at 9.00

Comment

lol im getting great respect here!!!!
                                                                            Jesus Michelle that is lol bad
                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Anything better than Tubbs.

Youre on! Cheers
                                                                              The first half hour of The Late Late should be good. Seemingly there's five new, unheard of bands shortlisted in some competition where the winner supports the Commitments in their reunion in the O2. I'm pretty sure I heard today that they'll be playing on the LL between 9.30 and 10.

Comment

Registered for the 20k at 8.30

$10+1 reg...

and it mentions up to 99 rebuys!

Most ive ever done is twice, i usually get pissed off after the first time...

General question.

What's the most amount of times you're prepared to admit to rebuying? Value or waste of $$

Comment

What's the story with the Sporting Emporium monthly game this weekend?

Are people gonna play it and is it in that shocking venue downstairs again?
                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                    Jesus Michelle that is lol bad
                                                                                    lol danny i know , im joking!!!

mopping up chips though,got aces 4 times lol, hitting every thing, if only it would last all night!!!
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

The first half hour of The Late Late should be good. Seemingly there's five new, unheard of bands shortlisted in some competition where the winner supports the Commitments in their reunion in the O2. I'm pretty sure I heard today that they'll be playing on the LL between 9.30 and 10.
                                                                                        If Inda isint on i dont want to know \ hup Mayo!

Telly is woeful, particularly bad on a Friday night, Tubbs bashing is where it's at. I usually watch just so i can be venomous about how bad he is at interviewing people.

Young talented singers with tight trousers might just be the jackpot of craptasticness from Tubbs Cheers

Comment

Went to see Unknown in the cinema, it was ok, pretty silly but watchable.
                                                                                          They tried for some unknown reason to pass Liam Neeson off as 47 which was somewhat amusing.

Comment

Registered for the 20k at 8.30

$10+1 reg...

and it mentions up to 99 rebuys!

Most ive ever done is twice, i usually get pissed off after the first time...

General question.

What's the most amount of times you're prepared to admit to rebuying? Value or waste of $$
                                                                                            Mine was 10 or so at one of Vera Duffy's birthday parties in the SE before that was all just a bit of craic thou

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                            What's the story with the Sporting Emporium monthly game this weekend?

Are people gonna play it and is it in that shocking venue downstairs again?
                                                                                            It will still get decent numbers and more than likely will be upstairs I would guess.

Comment

Originally posted by stoneystonerson View Post
                                                                                              paddy has an added mtt on at 8.30 and boyles has one too at 9.00
                                                                                              can anyone do me a swap for boyles deepstack of $22
                                                                                              i can ship on stars first
                                                                                              or wait til tomor and deposit and ship on fulltilt/party/paddy/boyles.

Comment

lol danny i know , im joking!!!

mopping up chips though,got aces 4 times lol, hitting every thing, if only it would last all night!!!
                                                                                                Good luck.

Comment

Anyone know why when i click the buy chips icon on pokerstars nothing happens every other icon is working fine.

Comment

very unlikely there's any damage to the HD.

Take out the ram and the graphics card.

reseat the graphics card and boot up the machine. you should get beeping errors because there is no ram.

after that put in one stick of ram and start up again. if it still fails take it out and put the other stick in.

still no joy, then we're looking at power supply/motherboard issues.
                                                                                                    I tried that but it still doesn't seem to be booting up now. The main fan, and the cpu and graphics card fans are running but otherwise nothings happening

I resat everything and checked for any sorts, checked all the cables and cleaned out the dust, still no good. Guessing it must just be the power supply
                                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 05-03-11, 00:07.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                      weird, it just happened to be on argie tv yesterday, only caught the last 45 mins, but got sucked in, seemed like a decent film

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                        I tried that but it still doesn't seem to be booting up now. The main fan, and the cpu and graphics card fans are running but otherwise nothings happening
                                                                                                        Presume it's not cunted with dust?

Comment

Good luck.
                                                                                                          Balls just lost a monster pot with AK, he had Qs!!!
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Btw, BAIRGAIN ALERT!!

12x 330ml bottles of Cobra in Dunnes for €10

Better value beats them all every day yo
                                                                                                            Last edited by Lazare; 04-03-11, 20:38. Reason: needed a yo

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y0MSyHaq4Y[/ame]

Comment

Mine was 10 or so at one of Vera Duffy's birthday parties in the SE before that was all just a bit of craic thou

It will still get decent numbers and more than likely will be upstairs I would guess.
                                                                                                                think i've done close to $100 in the $3r on stars before was fun

Comment

Btw, BAIRGAIN ALERT!!

12x 330ml bottles of Cobra in Dunnes for €10

Better value beats them all every day At least they're Irish
                                                                                                                  12 cans of coke for 3.75e in Super Valu.

Prefer Aldi myself though.

Comment

Holy shit! Best behaviour everyone, Lizzy's on her way!

The Queen is to make a state visit to the Irish Republic this year - the first by a British monarch since independence, Buckingham Palace says.
                                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                                      Holy shit! Best behaviour everyone, Lizzy's on her way!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12650584
                                                                                                                      Stock up on your eggs the day before, there will be a shortage that day.

Comment

Can't be a good idea tbh, what purpose will it serve? It'll just get messy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                                                                          Can't be a good idea tbh, what purpose will it serve? It'll just get messy.
                                                                                                                          I presume its just to throw them at her

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X