X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talk about highs and lows

Comment

Wow some turnaround in a couple of minutes. I counted that Isildur1 had approx 700k on the tables, I just counted again now and he has well over 1 mill.
      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

This is pretty ill.

What was high stakes poker like before Isildur?

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
          On a bit of a fitness regime at the moment, i am going to build on distance/resistance and see how it goes for another marathon attempt seen as i had to pull out last time.
          9.5k in 52 minutes is pretty poor tbh. 10k in 50 you should easily do with a moderate pace.
          don't try a marathon unless you improve the pace (as opposed to the distance)

In other news

Dave Matthews was superb, l Brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
            This is pretty ill.

What was high stakes poker like before Isildur?
            Well it was boring compared to now, we thought it was sick back then but it just doesn't compare.

Durrrr is just boring.

Edit: I'd love to see this guy on high stakes poker.
            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

That's one ugly logo.

Comment

Crikey 1.3 mill now, thats a 600k swing in less than 16 minutes.

Comment

This blew me away tonight.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypaH1Gj6VIs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypaH1Gj6VIs[/ame]

Comment

Match over for the night. Isildur1 seemed to be up a significant amount over the bits I was watching, but that could count for sfa to be honest.

The difference in his chat when he's winning vs losing is hilarious

Brian Hastings: gg
                    Isildur1: play tomorrow ?
                    Brian Hastings: maybe, i have friend visiting in town
                    Brian Hastings: ill try
                    Isildur1: ok
                    Isildur1: gg

Comment

That logo is a fúcking monstrosity.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                        That logo is a fúcking monstrosity.
                        I close my eyes when clicking a thread.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                          I close my eyes when clicking a thread.
                          I tried this but I'm still seeing those floaty light balls with the logo in them. Whoever made that completely fails at life!

Also there's a chance you might misclick doing that and end up in the Dunguib thread, way too big a risk closing your eyes IMO.
                          Last edited by The Situation; 10-03-10, 01:51.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

scroll down to the bottom left and change skin to "Bingo".

that has a classy and simple logo, and is the best skin imo

Comment

Fuck the shortstacker with AA in this hand. I would've bust the KK guy for 150bbs.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($7.84)
                              UTG+1 ($6.73)
                              MP1 ($2.65)
                              Hero (MP2) ($12.52)
                              MP3 ($4.39)
                              CO ($8.23)
                              Button ($12.73)
                              SB ($6.24)
                              BB ($1.74)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9, 9
                              3 folds, Hero bets $0.17, 1 fold, CO raises to $0.60, 2 folds, BB raises to $1.74 (All-In), 1 fold, CO calls $1.14

Flop: ($3.67) 7, 8, 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($3.67) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($3.67) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $3.67 | Rake: $0.24

Results below:
                              BB had A, A (two pair, Aces and nines).
                              CO had K, K (two pair, Kings and nines).
                              Outcome: BB won $3.43

________

We thought we had idiots on our forums? Check out problems with the Milwall Season Tickets here
                              Last edited by Emmet; 10-03-10, 03:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                9.5k in 52 minutes is pretty poor tbh. 10k in 50 you should easily do with a moderate pace.
                                don't try a marathon unless you improve the pace (as opposed to the distance)

In other news

Dave Matthews was superb, l Brilliant
                                Bit harsh Willie. I think we may set up a race between you and fran

In other news on the distance i walked from a mile outside Summerhill back to trim village in 1hr and twenty mins sunday morning.(long story) That was somewhere in the region of 12.5km if my maths are right>>>well the sign from summerhill said 11km to trim so i cant be to far wrong.
                                "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                  Match over for the night. Isildur1 seemed to be up a significant amount over the bits I was watching, but that could count for sfa to be honest.

The difference in his chat when he's winning vs losing is hilarious
                                  Hastings lost over 1/2 mill. Isidur1 up over 1.5 mill in last 24hrs.

Comment

Ah yes, Bingo skin is the way to go alright.
                                    That other logo was horrific altogether.

Comment

Last edited by KevIRL; 10-03-10, 11:15.
                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                          hmmm maybe Mei Pang after a few beers, but omg.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lomokev...7623552572000/
                                          what on earth put this into your head?
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

I love this thread.
                                              The mystery of the missing Millwall Season Ticket. (I don't want to give too much away but the penny should drop by the end of page 1).

Comment

FAO Hitchhiker etc re pensions

Michael,

I haven't had a chance to spell out my views on the national pensions framework but personally I've always thought that the whole pensions area is very dumbed down to make it easier to sell, and is only part of a persons overall financial planing. Then I go along to a presentation last night and the speaker articulates my view better then I ever could.

You may find this presentation interesting and thought provoking expecially the bits about behavioral finance and risk.

As for the implications of this kind of thinking in an Irish context I hope I'll get a chance to post something worthwhile.
                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

From the School of 'Someone's Got Too Much Spare Time' aka 'The Internet'

Would be cool to be able to embed this in discussion boards. Facepalm pic would be fairly rapidly consigned to the dustbin imo.
                                                  I'm getting a Trojan warning off that file/link lads.
                                                  Last edited by Iago; 10-03-10, 10:46.
                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                    Cheers Danny, turn pro? lol sure way to starvation buddy.

I'm actually quite upbeat about the whole thing, I've an exciting business venture that I was working on in my spare time that I can concentrate fully on now, I'm fairly ok money wise too.

Hopefully if things work out like I hope they will I'll get the buzz back for poker and donate again.
                                                    Sounds all good man, once again all the best.
                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Brag: Just got this little beauty last night along with a new iphone (which I didn't need but herself wanted to try an iphone so I gave her mine and upgraded my own). Man i love gadgets way more then is healthy.
                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I hate gadgets. They really,REALLY depress me.

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                          Bit harsh Willie. I think we may set up a race between you and fran

In other news on the distance i walked from a mile outside Summerhill back to trim village in 1hr and twenty mins sunday morning.(long story) That was somewhere in the region of 12.5km if my maths are right>>>well the sign from summerhill said 11km to trim so i cant be to far wrong.
                                                          Well Fran asked was it good or bad. I'm saying for a guy of his age/size he should easily beat what is a relatively poor time.

As for me, you've seen me, I weigh 15.7 stones (as of yesterdays weigh in) , I'm a bit older than Fran so, assign me a time for a 10k race and let's do a Prop bet. GIve me a bit of time to train for it though .

For the record my best time was about 36 mins minutes but that was a long long time ago and a couple of knee ops.
                                                          I'd say 50 Mins for 10K is fair. How about 200 quid to a Charity the loser pays, my favourite one is Vincent De Paul and much needed atm.

To run 10k in 1 hour you are running 1k in 6 minutes or .62 of a mile. That is kind of slow. If I were to run 7.5 minute miles I'd do the 10k in under 47 minutes. So 10k for 50 mins gives me some age/injury leeway.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                            Yep, me too. Causing all sorts of bother at work. Mind yourselves.

Comment

Last day in work for a week. Thankfully the majority of the good fight is done. We await on word from on high about our counter proposal/business case.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                I've snipped the link from the original post. Just in case

Comment

I already have a Vista to Windows 7 upgrade disk (used for my laptop), I now want to upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 on my desktop, as I really want to take advantage of the file sharing / network improvements. Anyone know can you buy a legit license code for cheap anywhere, given that I don't need the disk? I'm not a student and will pay the £65 on Amazon if I have to, just want to know if there is anywhere cheaper that someone knows of!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmgFsiNHK3g[/ame]

Comment

The Vibrator

As a woman passed her daughter's closed bedroom door,
                                                                      she heard a strange buzzing noise coming
                                                                      from within. Opening the door, she observed her daughter with a vibrator.

Shocked, she asked: 'what in the world are you doing?'

The daughter replied: 'Mum, I'm thirty-five years old, unmarried, and this thing is about as close as I'll ever get to a husband. Please, go away and leave me alone.'

The next day, the girl's father heard the same buzz
                                                                      coming from the other side of the closed bedroom door. Upon entering the room, he observed his daughter making passionate love to her vibrator.

To his query as to what she was doing, the daughter said: 'dad I'm thirty-five, unmarried, and this thing is about as close as I'll ever get to a
                                                                      husband. Please, go away and leave me alone.'

A couple of days later, the wife came home from a shopping trip, placed the groceries
                                                                      on the kitchen counter, and heard that buzzing noise coming from, of
                                                                      all places, the living room. She entered that area and observed her
                                                                      husband sitting on the couch, downing a cold beer, and staring at
                                                                      the TV.

The vibrator was next to him on the couch,
                                                                      buzzing like crazy.

The wife asked: 'What the f.. are you
                                                                      doing?'

The husband replied: 'I'm watching football with my
                                                                      son-in-law.'

Comment

Well Fran asked was it good or bad. I'm saying for a guy of his age/size he should easily beat what is a relatively poor time.

As for me, you've seen me, I weigh 15.7 stones (as of yesterdays weigh in) , I'm a bit older than Fran so, assign me a time for a 10k race and let's do a Prop bet. GIve me a bit of time to train for it though .

For the record my best time was about 36 mins minutes but that was a long long time ago and a couple of knee ops.
                                                                        I'd say 50 Mins for 10K is fair. How about 200 quid to a Charity the loser pays, my favourite one is Vincent De Paul and much needed atm.

To run 10k in 1 hour you are running 1k in 6 minutes or .62 of a mile. That is kind of slow. If I were to run 7.5 minute miles I'd do the 10k in under 47 minutes. So 10k for 50 mins gives me some age/injury leeway.
                                                                        I'll have a think about this willie but i`d be more inclined to do a combined bet with me and you running together and possibly adding our times to beat a time set by another poster/s who fancy a go at our prop bet and yup all proceeds go to charity.
                                                                        Just on the running thing i`ve never seriously competed further than 100m and ran one cross country race when i was 15 and nearly calved after 200m which i retired after .
                                                                        In saying that i`d do play GAAAAAAAAA and have just started back training this week.
                                                                        What do you reckon about this some sort of combined match bet or something like that anyway????

Comment

Not sure about all the hate for the current logo. I think it actually works better than the previous two, and it sits quite well with the Imagination Dark Blue theme i use.

It's by no means 'Having a Ricketts'

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                            I hate gadgets. They really,REALLY depress me.
                                                                            me too for some reason, I just cannot force myself to get excited about them even though I can often (grudgingly) recognise their usefulness. Same with cars.

Comment

...

Comment

a thrustworthy source.
                                                                                finarr, finarrr

ooooooooooh matron

Comment

Freudian slip?

Comment

...

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U74p63icZtA[/ame]

Comment

Nice presentation. Interesting bit on calculating 'Human Capital'. Am i right in thinking that the discount factor is based on the risk attached to retaining your job into the future? Although something about the formula doesn't quite make sense (the use of 'n', I think).
                                                                                        Yeah the risk of receiving the same indexed level of future income. An investment banker would have a high discount rate. A civil servant a low one. A younger employee on lower income might have a low rate to reflect future expected increases in their human capital.

It's an interesting way to assess decisions such as whether or not the investment of time and money to do an MBA for example would be worth it. Also the "need" for different financial products at various life stages and the perception of risk and scenario testing would all be aided by using such a model.

n = the number of years to your planned complete retirement I believe.
                                                                                        Last edited by V for Vendetta; 10-03-10, 12:19.

Comment

This is tilting the bejaysus out of me! Good performance last night but come on dont hail him as some new hero. Probably because its coming from the sun newspaper.

Attached Files

Comment

...

Comment

Lol Baptists

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                                                                I'll have a think about this willie but i`d be more inclined to do a combined bet with me and you running together and possibly adding our times to beat a time set by another poster/s who fancy a go at our prop bet and yup all proceeds go to charity.
                                                                                                Just on the running thing i`ve never seriously competed further than 100m and ran one cross country race when i was 15 and nearly calved after 200m which i retired after .
                                                                                                In saying that i`d do play GAAAAAAAAA and have just started back training this week.
                                                                                                What do you reckon about this some sort of combined match bet or something like that anyway????
                                                                                                but I want YOUR money.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                                    Lol Baptists
                                                                                                    "the only problem with Southern Baptists is that they don't hold 'em under for long enough"

never a truer word spoken imo

Comment

How exactly could they not review 58,000 X-Rays over a 4 year period?

Whats wrong with some people?

Comment

...

Comment

It's okay, Cowen has "acknowledged that the practice at Tallaght was below appropriate clinical standards" - orly?
                                                                                                          those X-Rays were reviewed - just not by consultant radiologists (as is best practice)

I suppose people will start calling for Harney to be sacked now

Comment

Band of Brothers: The Pacific starting Sunday.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e99B80crU3E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e99B80crU3E[/ame]
                                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I'm not up only politics at all but with disaster after disaster, surely the govt. should be on their last legs by now?

Comment

...

Comment

but I want YOUR money.
                                                                                                                  That'll never happen old boy....I like it to much to give away to you

Comment

fta: "Fine Gael's Health Spokesman Dr James Reilly has said Minister for Health Mary Harney should resign over the problem of unread X-rays at Tallaght Hospital."
                                                                                                                    yada, yada usual dance ensues

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                      I'm not up only politics at all but with disaster after disaster, surely the govt. should be on their last legs by now?
                                                                                                                      they still have the votes in the Dail and know they'll get slaughtered in a GE

hmmm, what would you do?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                        they still have the votes in the Dail and know they'll get slaughtered in a GE

hmmm, what would you do?
                                                                                                                        Sorry I don't follow...as I said I know pretty much nothing about how things work

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                          Sorry I don't follow...as I said I know pretty much nothing about how things work
                                                                                                                          They're able to do anything they want in govt as they have the majority within the Dáil.

However, if they call a general election, and allow the people to vote on a new govt, there's very little chance that they would be reinstated.

They're not going to willingly give up the power.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X