Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 5 mins gone in the Arsenal game but they look lively and up for it. Cmon the Gunners!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
        Mozambique flag is brilliant imo. Prob doesn't make their tourist office's job any easier!
        Prob go down very well with southern Yanks

Guns over books! "what ya'll readin fur"

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          Only 5 mins gone in the Arsenal game but they look lively and up for it. Cmon the Gunners!
          Never in doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
            Say I have an event that is 75% likey to happen.

Bookies have it priced at 1.5. (So bookies have priced event to happen at 50%).

This tells me that there is no value in this right???

But when I run the maths through this im getting at ROI of 12.5%

Say we do 20 bets @ 10 quid stakes. (Total Staked = 200)
            We win 15 bets (75% of 20 bets) So 15 bets @ 10*15*0.5 = 75 winnings
            We lose 5 bets. So loss is 5*10 = 50
            Nett Profit is 25 (75-50) divided by stakes (200) = 12.5% ROI

What am i missing here?
            Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
            This is wrong for a start, if its a coinflip the odds should be even money which would normally mean 10/11 with the bookies.

They have it priced at 75% likely to happen.
            1.5 = 66.666%. Hence your 12.5% edge.
            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Mozambique flag is brilliant imo. Prob doesn't make their tourist office's job any easier!

One of 3 flag in the world with an AK47 on it .....

Anyone got a link for the Arsenal match (no Iraqgoals/Justin or downloads (at worK))

Thansk
              No Sig To See Here

Comment

Never in doubt
                Bendtner reminds me in some ways of Jean Pierre Papin

miss a sitter, smile, miss another, the confidence is unreal, IF (the big if) he sorts out the finishing could be a very good player imo

Of course Papin never missed as many in his life as Bendtner misses on the average saturday but....

Comment

Never in doubt
                  im on the draw here, relying on the curse now it seems

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                    im on the draw here, relying on the curse now it seems
                    Course doesn't work here!! Anti curse maybe!

Comment

Course doesn't work here!! Anti curse maybe!
                      I dislike that bendtner chap, perhaps he is dbc also

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                        Bendtner reminds me in some ways of Jean Pierre Papin
                        And not Ian Poulter

Comment

I'm being taken up a bit wrong. Obviously everyone is going to pay the price and we need entrepreneurs and business, but don't tell me there wasn't a level of 'lol wtf are you doing becoming a garda/teacher/low grade civil servant, you can make a euro a block on the sites' in this country in the 90s and 00s. I regularly experienced it when I was a postgrad earning buttons.
                          Now thanks to the cowboyism that prevailed there isn't a cent left for things like what I do for a living, and a result I'll be selling coffee or drawing the dole myself come December unless I luckbox something.
                          Obviously things are completely chaotic organisationally but all a lot of these people did was what was asked of them and forwent (is that word?) opportunity in place of security. Whether they are right are wrong I don't know, but its perfectly understandable that they want to vent their frustration and not just bend over and take it.

Edit: Also Lazare obviously they are not paying as high a price as you and my intention wasn't to belittle your situation I was trying to make the point that they took the safe option and are still being hit fairly hard so there's something behind their being miffed.
                          Last edited by Guest; 09-03-10, 20:20.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                            1.5 = 66.666%. Hence your 12.5% edge.
                            Thanks for the correction, my mind is half asleep.
                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                              And not Ian Poulter

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                              Bendtner reminds me in some ways of Ian Poulter

miss a sitter, smile, miss another, the confidence is unreal, IF (the big if) he sorts out the finishing could be a very good player imo

Of course Poulter never missed as many in his life as Bendtner misses on the average saturday but....
                              FMP

Comment

Bendtner is my favourite player in the premiership and I'm a Spurs fan.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                  Bendtner is my favourite player in the premiership and I'm a Spurs fan.
                                  just like Lucas is my favourite player and im a man united fan
                                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Just to make sure you know an easier way to get your ROI:

1.5*.75 = 1.125

That just means that you get 1.5 back for each 1 staked 75% of the time, hence 12.5% ROI.
                                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Sucking out is the best way of curing tilt.

a nice 430 bb swing

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (MP) ($11.86)
                                      CO ($6.50)
                                      Button ($7.26)
                                      SB ($1.30)
                                      BB ($54.07)
                                      UTG ($1.47)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5, 5
                                      UTG bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, 1 fold, Button calls $0.20, 1 fold, BB raises $1.15, 1 fold, Hero calls $1, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.82) 6, 2, Q (2 players)
                                      BB bets $2.82, Hero raises $10.66 (All-In), BB calls $7.84

Turn: ($24.14) 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($24.14) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $24.14

Results:
                                      BB had K, K (one pair, Kings).
                                      Hero had 5, 5 (three of a kind, fives).
                                      Outcome: Hero won $22.54

Comment

I have to say that the spatula is my favorite kitchen implement.
                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

terrible bussiness all that

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Wonderful goal from Nasri.
                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Nasri you little genius! What a goal!

Comment

sad to hear that lazare, very frustrating with the last in first out bollox..

no tradesmen here i take it

quality stuff from arsenal.

Comment

Fiorentina-Bayern is an absolute cracker

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                    Fiorentina-Bayern is an absolute cracker
                                                    May flick over, Arsenal is a walkover.

Comment

For anyone not watching. 4-0 to Arsenal and 25 mins left. Fantastic performance by the whole team and each player giving his all and playign for each other

Comment

LOL @ the BBC updater

2111: Er, bear with me a bit here folks...

2110: GOALFLASH Arsenal 4-0 (agg 5-2) Porto (Eboue)

2109: GOALFLASH Fiorentina 3-2 (agg 4-4) Bayern Munich (Robben)

2108: GOALFLASH Sunderland 2-0 Bolton (Bent)

2108: GOALFLASH Arsenal 3-0 (agg 4-2) Porto (Nasri)

2104: GOALFLASH Fiorentina 3-1 (agg 4-3) Bayern Munich (Juan Vargas)

Comment

9.3k run in 52 mins....good/bad?

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                            Not bad for a fat fcker

Comment

Was flicking through my old photos on the computer. I don't know why I was so set on defending old Lansdowne Rd's memory when this was how I left it!

Comment

UL on losing the jobs lads.
                                                                Hopefully you'll bounce back.
                                                                take the few days to get hammered then hit the jobsites.
                                                                Be prepared for a long slog lots of ignored applications and
                                                                weird phone calls and emails. You'll get there in the end.
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Not bad for a fat fcker
                                                                  Race you to McDonalds

Comment

Race you to McDonalds
                                                                    LOL you wouldnt stand a chance Fran! I've a lot of pounds to shed myself. Seriously tho, 9.3km in 52 seems pretty good. I'd say average is about 6 miles in an hour so 9.6km

Comment

thought you meant $9,300.

Less interested now

Comment

Seriously tho, 9.3km in 52 seems pretty good. I'd say average is about 6 miles in an hour so 9.6km
                                                                        is this for the over 35's??

Comment

LOL you wouldnt stand a chance Fran! I've a lot of pounds to shed myself. Seriously tho, 9.3km in 52 seems pretty good. I'd say average is about 6 miles in an hour so 9.6km
                                                                          On a bit of a fitness regime at the moment, i am going to build on distance/resistance and see how it goes for another marathon attempt seen as i had to pull out last time.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                            thought you meant $9,300.

Less interested now
                                                                            That was the previous night

Comment

The first thing you see when you arrive in the airport in Maputo is an enormous frieze sculpture 3M diameter on the wall in front of you in the lurid colours of the flag and like the picture on the flag except it looked there are soldiers firing the guns at each other.
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Essien View Post
                                                                                Ok, when should I start getting worried?
                                                                                Round about 60 hands

Yep, watched a few of them at this stage and maybe it was just settling in nerves.

Really interesting game show concept - not surprised its on BBC4 though! By contrast, Noel Edmonds is apparently developing this show for Sky One
                                                                                I read the headline and closed the link immediately, Noel Edmonds tilts me somewhat

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                They should show it on BBC2 right after University challenge and followed by Masterchef* I reckon. The links wall is great fun.

*Moving masterchef to BBC1 has been a disaster for me. I've only seen parts of two episodes this season so far....
                                                                                I've missed loads of it this year as well although not due to the switch over to BBC1

Anywhere you can watch the episodes on-line? Presume that the BBC iplayer thingy is only for UK residents

That's not too bad but I reckon you could easily shave about 7-10 minutes off that with some decent training. If you ran the whole marathon at the above pace, you would be coming in around the 3hr 52min mark which is ok. Running the marathon at a pace of 9.3k in 45mins would get you around the course in roughly 3hrs 23mins.

Comment

Re: the 08 09 10 shiny cars in the dole car park.

Might that of been from the drug dealers collecting?

Comment

I have not moved the hh across on to my poker lappie from last night but this hand was ubber sick in a good way. I was the KKJ10 and managed to get most of the money in pre and the rest on the flop, still behind with top set and king high flush draw

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                      That's not too bad but I reckon you could easily shave about 7-10 minutes off that with some decent training. If you ran the whole marathon at the above pace, you would be coming in around the 3hr 52min mark which is ok. Running the marathon at a pace of 9.3k in 45mins would get you around the course in roughly 3hrs 23mins.
                                                                                      Yeah i was taking it handy as I just stepped back up to the distance as I have a 10k charity run in a few weeks. I would be hopeful of getting it under 45 mins.

Comment

Huge Cliffhanger in Desperate Housewives tonight...

Comment

Already posted in the EPT raid thread(but just in case anyone missed it)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2AzmxIPkXo[/ame]
                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                            Huge Cliffhanger in Desperate Housewives tonight...
                                                                                            level?

Comment

Isildur vs Hastings is insane at the moment.

Comment

I think the first logo has been proven a clear winner now.

Comment

Possibly, but wanted to give this one a go for a wee while too. I don't think there will be any others used in rotation unless there is a compelling case of it.

Comment

bingo theme is the best imo

Comment

It is, but the logo thing is much harder to change in that theme as it needs to be a certain size.

Comment

Charlie Brooker's Newswipe is fucking great.

That is all.

Comment

What's the deal with the new logo? Looks like it was stretched to pieces in MS Paint.
                                                                                                          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

I didn't change it. That is as submitted.

Comment

yea wouldnt look to bad if it was more compact.

Hastings just doged isildur for a 430k pot. He doesnt seem to be playing the way he was.

Comment

info on pot he dogged Isilur1 on? Gonna watch the match for a while. Looks like Isildur1 has his whole roll spread across the 6 tables. Only got .5 buyin on one, and hasn't topped up

Comment

I like Hastings general attitude but man he runs like God.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                                      I like Hastings general attitude but man he runs like God.
                                                                                                                      How much has Isildur dropped since he came back to action?
                                                                                                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Just watching a few old shows on Youtube.

Just suberb writing throughout the entire show from start to finish. Points out how silly the news can be.

Comment

Was up a million, not sure now. He's given Hastings abuse in chat, and just tilting now. Got 750k on the tables, will be gone soon imo.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X