X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
    well i have allready invented flat,sour, and horrible beer
    So you will be going into this with an idea of how to invent things. That is step one already completed.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
      USB headphones with no headphone jack? Throw them in the bin.
      wife got them for me
      maybe i should throw the wife in the bin

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
        So you will be going into this with an idea of how to invent things. That is step one already completed.
        well to say i invented it is a bit of a lie really
        now if you said "did you by any chance get that beer out of a lorry that went on fire" i would have to say yes

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

well to say i invented it is a bit of a lie really
          now if you said "did you by any chance get that beer out of a lorry that went on fire" i would have to say yes
          Did you by any chance get that beer out of a lorry that went on fire?

Comment

That first picture in the google search shows a usb adapter ( i know for shuffle - no idea if same connection on touch?) - cant you then connect usb to usb cable?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
              Did you by any chance get that beer out of a lorry that went on fire?
              why yes
              yes i did

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                Sigh, that's bad luck. First thing I've started watching in ages

Yeah the whole storyline with Chloe
                SPOILER
                turning into an alien - wtf!?
                is just lame. Seems a lot like they just couldn't come up with any good storyline ideas, which is weird considering they had given themselves a plot device with which they could do pretty much anything.

Tried to watch BSG before but found it boring, anything else along the same lines or should I just go back to Sopranos?
                BSG is excellent Season 2 & 3 is were it really breaks out and gets going if you can make it that far.

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                SPOILER
                And just after they introduced a new and possibly interesting enemy and ally too

It was a victim of scheduling conflicts. Moving it away from Friday night and keeping Sanctuary after WWE (however that ended up on SyFy) basically destroyed the ratings.
                Always been a big fan of Stargate so defo a little sad to see this canceled so early.

As for Sanctuary ive had the first season downloaded ages now but have never bothered getting around to it, any use?
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

yes but i still cannot plug a standard usb into the ipod touch
                  http://www.firebox.com/firebox/searc...arch+for+gifts

is there anything here that would be of use!
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

As for Sanctuary ive had the first season downloaded ages now but have never bothered getting around to it, any use?
                    A bit middling really. Not terribly compelling and any time there is a hint of a bigger arc it often gets completely ignored for ages then dealt with very quickly. Tapping's accent in it is grating at the best of times and overall not a fan of the character.

I started watching Primeval last night and it's surprisingly decent.
                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

just listening to the ole' wireless there when this song comes on. i have also thrown up the original for comparison purposes.
                      gary jules just makes this song epic, its not to often that a re-release of an old song sounds better than the original, but he just creams the original here imo.

Gary Jules / Mad World (28,06,42,12)(Tears for Fears cover)All around me are familiar facesWorn out places - worn out facesBright and early for their daily r...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20qZt...eature=related

It's not often I like cover versions of songs, but I absolutely love Gary Jules version of Mad World, probably more so than the original

Whoever put it into the Donnie Darko soundtrack was a genius, fits in perfectly!

Comment

Any decent tourney's on today /tonite ??

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          Pete Postlethwaite has died at 64

Watching him in The Town the other night it was obvious he'd lost a lot of weight, turns out he's been sick for ages.
                          He was very good in it though - just like he was in most things he appeared in during his career.

Had a wonderful ability to play those parts where you get less than 10 minutes total screen time and still sell a sense of depth and history about a character.
                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

The Woolshed was rocking last night for the NFL. Great spot to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                              That pub is getting a bit of a cult following for all spot events.

www.irishkop.com Twitter = @Irish_Kop Facebook = Irishkop.com

Comment

Really enjoyed this, pissed at myself for not waiting until it was out in the cinema.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyhQ6gTNPQY[/ame]
                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Two questions annoying me in the Irish Times Xmas quiz.

25. Of the 12 Fianna Fáil senior ministers currently holding office (including Taoiseach Brian Cowen), how many are the son or daughter of a former Fianna Fáil TD?

57. Of the top 10 highest-earning films released this year, only one was neither a sequel, a remake nor an adaptation. What was it?

I'm thinking three for 25, but can anyone confirm?

Also for 57, I've got Inception and Despicable Me. I'm pretty sure Inception is intended to be the answer but surely Despicable Me works also?

Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

25. Of the 12 Fianna Fáil senior ministers currently holding office (including Taoiseach Brian Cowen), how many are the son or daughter of a former Fianna Fáil TD?

57. Of the top 10 highest-earning films released this year, only one was neither a sequel, a remake nor an adaptation. What was it?

Also for 57, I've got Inception and Despicable Me. I'm pretty sure Inception is intended to be the answer but surely Despicable Me works also?

57. Surely Avatar?

Edit: Ugh 2009 film!

Yet another Edit: Despicable Me could be classed as a screenplay "adapted". Nolan wrote, produced and directed Inception so I would agree with you.
                                    Last edited by White Knight; 03-01-11, 14:24.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                      57. Surely Avatar?

Edit: Ugh 2009 film!

Yet another Edit: Despicable Me could be classed as a screenplay "adapted". Nolan wrote, produced and directed Inception so I would agree with you.
                                      Remake of Pocahantos!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
                                        Have never been able to get into Godfather. Just find my mind drifting and not knowning wtf is going on anytime I've tried to watch it or being in the company of people watching it.
                                        Im the very same for the Mission Impossibles, and Bourne Identitys. Just dont know whats going on at virtually any stage. lol

Comment

Surely Inception
                                          Last edited by Silver-Tiger; 03-01-11, 14:33. Reason: ..

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                            Remake of Pocahantos!
                                            Dances With Wolves imo.
                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                              Im the very same for the Mission Impossibles, and Bourne Identitys. Just dont know whats going on at virtually any stage. lol
                                              MI is overly complicated,fair enough but Bourne Identity is a must-see.Superb actioner.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                It really is by far the best spot for most sports except GAA prob. Don't know how people could have a preferance for the likes of The Living Room. Woolshed has cool staff, handles a far bigger crowd with multiple screens and viewpoints for the 2 main screens. Food is actually pretty good for what is is too. They do have a bit of a bias towards showing English teams on CL night but I suppose it's the same everywhere.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                  I don't think it matters so much with those, they are just about people running around being chased for 90 - 120 minutes.

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                  He was very good in it though - just like he was in most things he appeared in during his career.

Had a wonderful ability to play those parts where you get less than 10 minutes total screen time and still sell a sense of depth and history about a character.
                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Just checking in quickly from south of Perth in WA. Nice and hot, lovely weather, due to be 31 tomorrow and sunny. In 4 days I'll be posting from cold Dublin though, but at least most of the pipes will have been fixed. Timing or what.

Stupid end of holidays thing.

Comment

I think Victor Chandlers have made a small rick on the Van Gerwen v Monk U21 final tonight.
                                                      Its a best of 11 leg game and they have Highest Checkout 120 or less at 4/5, which puts them out of line with everyone else.

Its a minor value bet I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                        Just checking in quickly from south of Perth in WA. Nice and hot, lovely weather, due to be 31 tomorrow and sunny. In 4 days I'll be posting from cold Dublin though, but at least most of the pipes will have been fixed. Timing or what.

Stupid end of holidays thing.
                                                        I hope you're eating properly and are you ok for money?

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                          I hope you're eating properly and are you ok for money?
                                                          Actually tonight is my first night staying in a hostel, and I'm not slumming it in a dorm either.

Actually that isn't true, but when the only alternative to it was camping amongsthuge flying locusts, I'm not counting that one.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                            It really is by far the best spot for most sports except GAA prob. Don't know how people could have a preferance for the likes of The Living Room. Woolshed has cool staff, handles a far bigger crowd with multiple screens and viewpoints for the 2 main screens. Food is actually pretty good for what is is too. They do have a bit of a bias towards showing English teams on CL night but I suppose it's the same everywhere.
                                                            No chance, it's full of idiots for the soccer anyway and the layout is horrible. It's also a sweatbox so to the Living room everytime.

Comment

No chance, it's full of idiots for the soccer anyway and the layout is horrible. It's also a sweatbox so to the Living room everytime.
                                                              But you would be there for Utd games,everybody knows Utd have the biggest % of idiot fans....

www.irishkop.com Twitter = @Irish_Kop Facebook = Irishkop.com

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                A laughter dream?
                                                                I sometimes have dreams where I laugh hysterically, sometimes to the point of waking myself up.

Can never remember what I was laughing at though.

All I remember about last night's dream is that Woody Harrelson was in it, so I guess I can call it a push...

Comment

Actually tonight is my first night staying in a hostel, and I'm not slumming it in a dorm either.

Actually that isn't true, but when the only alternative to it was camping amongsthuge flying locusts, I'm not counting that one.
                                                                  Did you visit Yallingup/Margaret River??...cool spot if you have time.

Comment

Must say i thought the woolshed was brillant during the world cup. Watched the final there and the germany vs spain match was great craic.

Comment

It can be a sweatbox, but that also has it's benifits on the Brazilian samba night when they strip down to little. As for idiots, haven't noticed any difference to the average intelligence of other bars. Still>>>> Living Room unless you have a likeness for 3d football or fish then The Living room is the place for you
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

One more quiz question

67. How many Fine Gael deputies attended a cloak-and-dagger meeting in the Green Isle Hotel on June 15th to plan the removal of Enda Kenny as party leader.

Comment

Ten.

Comment

Originally posted by Dub13 View Post
                                                                            But you would be there for Utd games,everybody knows Utd have the biggest % of idiot fans....
                                                                            It has Liverpool ABU's who cheer Everton goals, enough said.

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                            It can be a sweatbox, but that also has it's benifits on the Brazilian samba night when they strip down to little. As for idiots, haven't noticed any difference to the average intelligence of other bars. Still>>>> Living Room unless you have a likeness for 3d football or fish then The Living room is the place for you
                                                                            Well I wouldn't go to either apart from watching a match and Living room wins on that basis and a better smoking area. It also has those rent bikes outside which are handy

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                              Did you visit Yallingup/Margaret River??...cool spot if you have time.
                                                                              That's where I am now and will be around here for the next couple of days as well. Just got here today.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                A bit middling really. Not terribly compelling and any time there is a hint of a bigger arc it often gets completely ignored for ages then dealt with very quickly. Tapping's accent in it is grating at the best of times and overall not a fan of the character.

I started watching Primeval last night and it's surprisingly decent.
                                                                                Eh might give it a miss for another while until im stuck.

Yeah was pleasantly surprised to see that Primeval was back over the weekend have 2 episodes of it to look forward to. Thought it was gonna get cancelled at one stage, afaik they filmed a lot of the new season over here.

Here is a link to a list of the top 10 grossing movies if you need it.

UPROXX is your best source for current movie news and film discussion.

There is 3 on the list to me that look like contenders.

Comment

That's where I am now and will be around here for the next couple of days as well. Just got here today.
                                                                                  defo do a tour of the wineries,well worth seeing.Enjoy.
                                                                                  Last edited by NoRiverRequired; 03-01-11, 15:50.

Comment

Watched The Fighter the other night, was pretty decent. Bale is fucking awesome in it tho, give that man the Oscar. Gonna wait til cinema for True Grit..... hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                      Watched The Fighter the other night, was pretty decent. Bale is fucking awesome in it tho, give that man the Oscar. Gonna wait til cinema for True Grit..... hopefully
                                                                                      Its that time of year when there is loads of good stuff out but I normally wait for the cinema.

Comment

Razz is a brutal game.

Comment

It has Liverpool ABU's who cheer Everton goals, enough said.
                                                                                          What do you mean enough said? Why would any irish born Liverpool fan give a fig about Everton? There's barely an Everton fan in the country, many will go their whole lives without meeting one...why wouldn't they cheer for them over their biggest rivals...?

The Woolshed is second to none for champions league matches, being able to watch any match from eight rather than a choice of two epl teams vs mnnows no matter the significance of the match makes it my favourite venue for sports
                                                                                          Last edited by Sledgejammer; 03-01-11, 16:07.
                                                                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

That "Loca Loca Loca" song by Shakira is an absolute assault on the ears.

Fucking outrageously bad, god I hate the fucking radio

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                              What do you mean enough said? Why would any irish born Liverpool fan give a fig about Everton? There's barely an Everton fan in the country, many will go their whole lives without meeting one...why wouldn't they cheer for them over their biggest rivals...?

The Woolshed is second to none for champions league matches, being able to watch any match from eight rather than a choice of two epl teams vs mnnows no matter the significance of the match makes it my favourite venue for sports
                                                                                              Huh? I'd expect Dub to know as he actually goes to football games instead of watching them in the Woolshed every weekend. The Living Room actually shows more leagues and better variety of sports then the woolshed making it the premium sports bar imo. Plus Cricket is banned which is also a winner. My mate also owns it so I might be biased

Comment

Christmas tree down. hubby banished with kids! house is pristine.

Ironing all done. spag bol in the pot. off for a good loose pub game tonight!

Michelle is happy out!
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Is there any decent football on TV tonight? Also is it an urban legend that alcohol will null the effects of anti-biotics-been sick for the past week but finally coming through. Thought of a nice pint of guiness is delerium inducing at this stage.

Comment

Did you get any answer for the FF one?
                                                                                                    Be careful because Des Hanafin was never a TD IMO
                                                                                                    I think its just Cowen and Coughlan.
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Hey zuroph, the las are stuck for numbers for soccer in delta at 7. If your free let me know!

Comment

Some great stuff on YLYL lately...

SPOILER

Last edited by Keane; 03-01-11, 16:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                            Did you get any answer for the FF one?
                                                                                                            Be careful because Des Hanafin was never a TD IMO
                                                                                                            I think its just Cowen and Coughlan.
                                                                                                            Lenihan?
                                                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

you slow you lose Keane

Comment

Hi Keane, weren't you interested in indoor soccer in Limerick too or am I thinking of someone else?
                                                                                                                I think there is 1 free slot if you're free too?

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                                                                                                  Hey zuroph, the las are stuck for numbers for soccer in delta at 7. If your free let me know!
                                                                                                                  got plans this evening. I'll get back there soon, i swear! new years resolutions and all that
                                                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                    you slow you lose Keane
                                                                                                                    eh?

EDIT: AH ICY, edited...

Comment

check 2 posts above yours...

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                                                                                                        Hi Keane, weren't you interested in indoor soccer in Limerick too or am I thinking of someone else?
                                                                                                                        I think there is 1 free slot if you're free too?
                                                                                                                        Yeah I was, won't be available tonight but I will next week.

Comment

Im steaming into under 29.5 maximums in the darts tonight @ 5/6 with Boyles.

Bet of the week id say, no chance of 30 or more 180s

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X