This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
    What's you plan after you've used up the two toilet breaks? Whats your plan given that the boxes are apparently now sitting in water??

By the way I'd offer odds against you on this....and a location to try it.....
    sounds like your typical oxegen weekend minus the music if i was going at this hard core (as in had lost all respect for myself) id address the toilet issue in a number of ways;
    A) severe dehydration to take care of the p!ss / use one of my empty water bottles to piss into.
    B) use empty food containers to sh!t into

the boxes lying in water is more tricky - the only way around that would be to borrow a dry suit (like a wet suit only water proof) and wear it in - warmth and dryness taken care of

I have no intentions of doing this for 1k by the way im just outlining my strategy

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
      Apple removing things like the Swimsuit Illustrated app from the iPhone store annoys me so much. (they removed thousands of 'sexy' apps from their store yesterday).

I would never be dumb enough to pay for such an app, but who the fck are they to say you can't, if you wish, look at pics of girls in bikinis? That is an absolutely disgraceful level of moralising and control.
      Yet they left the playboy one. Loads of the small independent ones were removed, but not the big names. Way to go Apple.

Comment

Apple removing things like the Swimsuit Illustrated app from the iPhone store annoys me so much. (they removed thousands of 'sexy' apps from their store yesterday).

I would never be dumb enough to pay for such an app, but who the fck are they to say you can't, if you wish, look at pics of girls in bikinis? That is an absolutely disgraceful level of moralising and control.
        Apples business model is the most depressing portents of what the future of technology could become if people are stupid enough to let it.
        Anyone who choses to deal with them is an idiot IMO.
        I'm buying an iPhone for my wifes Birthday this week
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

last paragraph is jsut gold!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              McWilliams on form today

he's right of course

Its amazing how stupid it all is and how obvious that nama is basically to bail themselves and their friends/family out of their property deals/bank share's

Decisions Decisions, New passport or go looking for buried RA guns
              something needs doing!

Comment

Thing is Google Apple are cnuts!

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                  sounds like your typical oxegen weekend minus the music if i was going at this hard core (as in had lost all respect for myself) id address the toilet issue in a number of ways;
                  A) severe dehydration to take care of the p!ss / use one of my empty water bottles to piss into.
                  B) use empty food containers to sh!t into

the boxes lying in water is more tricky - the only way around that would be to borrow a dry suit (like a wet suit only water proof) and wear it in - warmth and dryness taken care of

I have no intentions of doing this for 1k by the way im just outlining my strategy
                  I reckon we could get a prop bet going for 3k at 3/1 with a few people taking pieces of the action if you fancied it.... Obviously we'd have a streaming web cam for BBV viewing....

Here's a pic of the setup in Carlow. There is a net across the top of the perspex but the rain is falling through nicely....

photo.jpg
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                    something needs doing!
                    well sure haven't they made a great start by getting rid of the Minister for, er, Vegetables?

simply put, the population cannot possibly absorb the losses incurred by the banks and the developers - it's bad enough that we're on the hook for the fiscal imbalances incurred by FF during the bubble years but to take on what are effectively gambling losses is ridiculous

<analogy time, break it down>
                    It'd be the equivalent of me and BCB getting locked, borrowing 5 million off a bank on the back of our 'sound' business plan, going to the Aquarium and proceeding to employ the Martingale system on number 37 . Then, following our inevitable busto-edness, we - plus the bank - would then mug you in broad daylight and take, not only the money you have in your pocket but also all the money you and your kids were due to earn for the next fifty years in order to pay for our degeneracy. Then we'd head into Kehoes and starting lighting cigars with your €50 notes, all the while swilling buckets of Chateau Latour 1945.

(all of which sounds like quite a good idea)
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Can I go along on that spree? Sounds like fun.

Olly, what was the name of that place you ate in on Friday again? I have a bad memory for crap like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                        Can I go along on that spree? Sounds like fun.

Olly, what was the name of that place you ate in on Friday again? I have a bad memory for crap like that.
                        The Blackboard bistro Dom but actually I'd recommend the Pigs ear on Nassau street as being fractionally better. Both have good value early bird meals.

I personally really enjoy the smoked haddock omelette and the brown bread ice cream in the Pigs ear. The Blackboard bistro does have steak on their early bird menu on the other hand....

Did you win it on Friday btw? Tasty payout for the winner as I recall.....
                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                          Question for the BBV

Does anyone know of a website that had a load of recopies (healthy mainly) and you add your favorite(s) and it automatically adds the ingredients to a shopping list?

Or evens still, a website thats gives suggested shopping lists and tells what meals will come out of it for the week. I am really bad at thinking and getting stuff for meals in the supermarket and generally end up with ingredients for several half meals.

Cliffs. I never can remember or think of anything to buy when food shopping.
                          do you have an iphone?

epicurious have an app with thousands of recipes. you can choose which ones you want and it builds your shopping list for you

Comment

The Blackboard bistro
                            +1 for this place, was very impressed by it

Comment

yo can anyone point me in the direction of ipoker RB? Does it exist?

Comment

well sure haven't they made a great start by getting rid of the Minister for, er, Vegetables?
                                Whoh be tide we dont have another famine on our hands without a minister looking out for the blight

simply put, the population cannot possibly absorb the losses incurred by the banks and the developers - it's bad enough that we're on the hook for the fiscal imbalances incurred by FF during the bubble years but to take on what are effectively gambling losses is ridiculous
                                I get this

<analogy time, break it down>
                                It'd be the equivalent of me and BCB getting locked, borrowing 5 million off a bank on the back of our 'sound' business plan, going to the Aquarium and proceeding to employ the Martingale system on number 37 . Then, following our inevitable busto-edness, we - plus the bank - would then mug you (dont mug me) in broad daylight and take, not only the money you have in your pocket but also all the money you and your kids were due to earn for the next fifty years in order to pay for our degeneracy. Then we'd head into Kehoes and starting lighting cigars with your €50 notes, all the while swilling buckets of Chateau Latour 1945.
                                Didnt need this but I want in if it goes ahead
                                (all of which sounds like quite a good idea)
                                I think i will go with the passport idea, if ye decide to have the revolt this country has never had (and should have had by now, if the history of other young countries is anything to go by) I will come back, take the shiny medal and kick some ass

I think our new Ireland should take back the proper flag from the fenians and the looney left (the plough and the stars)
                                Last edited by Guest; 24-02-10, 12:09.

Comment

The Blackboard bistro Dom but actually I'd recommend the Pigs ear on Nassau street as being fractionally better. Both have good value early bird meals.

I personally really enjoy the smoked haddock omelette and the brown bread ice cream in the Pigs ear. The Blackboard bistro does have steak on their early bird menu on the other hand....

Did you win it on Friday btw? Tasty payout for the winner as I recall.....
                                  Did some sort of a reluctant chop on Friday. Stewie was a monster chip lead with over 300k, and the next highest had 70k, with the shortie having around 45k, and I was somewhere in between. We took 750 each, and stewie took the rest but he looked after the dealers for us all, so with my scalps I ended up with 800. I wasn't crazy keen to deal, but the blinds were at 4k/8k so it was a bit silly anyhow and I was really tired. I refused a slightly worse deal 5 mins earlier, but agreed to that that revised version a bit later. I came 4th on Saturday night then, so not a bad weekend overall I guess, although it could have been so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by pok3rplaya View Post
                                    yo can anyone point me in the direction of ipoker RB? Does it exist?
                                    Officially it doesn't exist. Which skin were you planning on playing?
                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Stewie was a monster chip lead with over 300k
                                      that guy is just a chip magnet, no matter how badly he misplays hands he seems to end up with a massive pile of chips (certainly every time I play with him anyway). He's my new poker hero now that I haven't seen Bad Beat Joe for a few months.

Comment

Did some sort of a reluctant chop on Friday. Stewie was a monster chip lead with over 300k, and the next highest had 70k, with the shortie having around 45k, and I was somewhere in between. We took 750 each, and stewie took the rest but he looked after the dealers for us all, so with my scalps I ended up with 800. I wasn't crazy keen to deal, but the blinds were at 4k/8k so it was a bit silly anyhow and I was really tired. I refused a slightly worse deal 5 mins earlier, but agreed to that that revised version a bit later. I came 4th on Saturday night then, so not a bad weekend overall I guess, although it could have been so much better.
                                        So you had 60k in chips and the payouts originally were 2k, 1.2, 800? and 500?

Is that right?

I can understand the tiredness thing. I think I was asleep at the cash table at one point....

Comment

There were 5 left. It was something like 2150, 1200, 800, 500, 350, and I had around 55k ish I think. We played on for around 15 mins after you and Brian left with no real movement except Stewie gathering a few blinds more.

Comment

The inevitable future except in Ireland the medicine will be harder and for longer...

http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancen..._1019108.shtml

The timing of when the inflation genie will be officially let out of the bottle is very interesting....

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                              Officially it doesn't exist. Which skin were you planning on playing?
                                              Check your PM's.

Comment

I've no idea how stuey does it. For some reason he always seems to have something even though he's in like 50% of pots. I have no idea whatsoever how he continually goes deep in tourneys. A lot of runhot methinks.
                                                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by mickc View Post
                                                  do you have an iphone?

epicurious have an app with thousands of recipes. you can choose which ones you want and it builds your shopping list for you
                                                  Sick, No.

If there is an app for it I guess there is a website that does it too I guess I'll start goggeling.

Cheers though.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                    I've no idea how stuey does it. For some reason he always seems to have something even though he's in like 50% of pots. I have no idea whatsoever how he continually goes deep in tourneys. A lot of runhot methinks.
                                                    rubbish, the man is a god and is operating on a different plane to fish like yourself

Comment

Historic stuff happening in the cricket.
                                                      Tendulkar about to become the first player to get 200 runs in a one day match.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                        Sick, No.

If there is an app for it I guess there is a website that does it too I guess I'll start goggeling.

Cheers though.
                                                        the website has it too
                                                        never used it though

Comment

I just started renting a room out in my house for €450 per month, so €5,400 per year.

What is the story with the rent a room scheme? Do I have to register with the government and what is the limit now underneath which you don't pay tax?

Any other info greatly appreciated.

Thanks
                                                          No Sig To See Here

Comment

Originally posted by pocketdooz View Post
                                                            I just started renting a room out in my house for €450 per month, so €5,400 per year.

What is the story with the rent a room scheme? Do I have to register with the government and what is the limit now underneath which you don't pay tax?

Thanks
                                                            you do have to declare the income but no tax is payable under 10k

so it's all good for your Vegas money

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                              ahhh the sixties they knew how to train their womenfolk back then

ps just on another note
                                                              wtf were you reading this book for
                                                              sometimes i worry for people on here

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                Stuck on 199 going into last over..

Comment

awesome achievment, especially when you look at the quality of the opposition

on a sidenote, Dhoni's ODI stats are absolutely sick - he's the durrr of ODIs!

Comment

Originally posted by pocketdooz View Post

Thanks
                                                                    You have to declare it so he can claim relief, but as RD said Rental income is exempt at that level.

Comment

awesome achievment, especially when you look at the quality of the opposition
                                                                      Indeed, got there with 3 balls to spare. A lot of the milestone achievements have been diluted somewhat as they often end up against the likes of Bangladesh in tests and associate nations in ODI's (and England in both). But this one cant be disputed

Comment

Indeed, got there with 3 balls to spare. A lot of the milestone achievements have been diluted somewhat as they often end up against the likes of Bangladesh in tests and associate nations in ODI's (and England in both). But this one cant be disputed
                                                                        true that - it's insanely good

I once played in a game where a guy scored a double hundred in a 40-over match - but it was in Athy

Comment

I know some people here (well, the old BBV) were following this so .....

The market has taken a bit of a beating in January and February but we are still up over 3.0% in two months vs. the market which is down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 Places for my money, starting now for the full year 2010 (Figures in Bold were the prices at the beginning of 2010)

1. Fresenius Medical Care (FME) - 37.50 - up 3.6% to 38.85

2. Aegis Group (AGS) - 1.17 - up 2.8% to 1.20

3. Virgin Media (VMED) - 17.12 - down 9.8% to 15.44 (buy this stock now IMO)

4. Harris and Harris (TINY) - 4.52 - up 8.8% to 4.92

5. MDC Partners (MDCA) - 8.35 - up 2.9% to 8.59

6. Publicis Groupe (PUB) - 28.67 - up 0.0% to 28.68

7. Liberty Global International (LBTYA) - 22.02 - up 20.4% to 26.52

8. Daily Mail and General Trust (DMGT) - 4.19 - up 7.7% to 4.51

9. Marriott International (MAR) - 27.71 - down 1.0% to 27.42

10. British Sky Broadcasting (BSY) - 5.66 - down 4.3% to 5.42

Total Portfolio increase from January 1st 2010 to February 24th 2010 was 3.3%

Compares to a decrease of 0.2% for the DJIA and a 2.2% drop for the S&P
                                                                          No Sig To See Here

Comment

Cheers boss, got a stream working with him on 199

Must have been a thing of beauty

Comment

Stuck on 199 going into last over..
                                                                              Link?
                                                                              Cricinfo looks to have died

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                  Link?
                                                                                  Cricinfo looks to have died
                                                                                  probably due to 200 million Indians frantically refreshing it

Comment

got that sex ed in the mail this morning..........herself sent it to me.,
                                                                                    http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

you do have to declare the income but no tax is payable under 10k

so it's all good for your Vegas money
                                                                                      Thanks

1) How do I declare the income? Link?

2) Did it not decrease in the budget to less than €10,000?
                                                                                      No Sig To See Here

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                        Cheers boss, got a stream working with him on 199

Must have been a thing of beauty

I was a late arrival as well, Indian lad at next desk got all excited when ST was in the 170's and I tuned in then. Glad I caught then end of it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                          You have to declare it so he can claim relief, but as RD said Rental income is exempt at that level.
                                                                                          Just on this - is rental income under 10k exempt only under the rent a room scheme? Say for example I have a property rented and only received 9k in rent for 2009, would this be exempt?

Comment

probably due to 200 million Indians frantically refreshing it
                                                                                            No wonder I can't get any of the fckers on the phone ... Oh that and that their building burned down yesterday .

Comment

all it is is that he's covinced most of the regs in there that he's unbluffable so they dont play back at him ever, takes down most pots uncontested. he's good at wat he does imo and if he ever has a hand people call him with anything, he normally gets max value too

Comment

My wife and I were sitting at a table at my high school reunion, and I
                                                                                                kept staring at a drunken lady swigging her drink as she sat alone at a
                                                                                                nearby table.

My wife asked, 'Do you know her?'

'Yes,' I sighed, 'She's my old girlfriend. I understand she took to
                                                                                                drinking right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear she
                                                                                                hasn't been sober since.'

'My God!' says my wife, 'who would think a person could go on
                                                                                                celebrating that long?'

And then the fight started...
                                                                                                http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

over 70 people online online at 1pm on a wednesday afternoon, i think its fair to say this forum has been an incredible success and long may it continue

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                    Collie, FeetMagic,
                                                                                                    There is no need to be aware of those words. I have serious concerns about anybody that has this words in his vocab. I'd consider myself quite open minded when it comes to sex, but WTF?????

They were posted up in the old BBV, so I read about "munting" before, but I had blocked them out mentally, so obviously this time I had to read again. Hopefully I'll block them out again this time too.
                                                                                                    Reminds me of this classic...

Direct from the LA Times:

"In retrospect, lighting the match was my big mistake. But I was only trying to retrieve the gerbil," Eric Tomaszewski told bemused doctors in the Severe Burns Unit of Salt Lake City Hospital. Tomaszewski, and his homosexual partner Andrew "Kiki" Farnum, had been admitted for emergency treatment after a felching session had gone seriously wrong.

"I pushed a cardboard tube up his rectum and slipped Raggot, our gerbil, in," he explained. "As usual, Kiki shouted out 'Armageddon', my cue that he'd had enough. I tried to retrieve Raggot but he wouldn't come out again,so I peered into the tube and struck a match, thinking the light might attract him."

At a hushed press conference, a hospital spokesman described what happened next. "The match ignited a pocket of intestinal gas and a flame shot out the tubing, igniting Mr Tomaszewski's hair and severely burning his face. It also set fire to the gerbil's fur and whiskers which in turn ignited a larger pocket of gas further up the intestine, propelling the rodent out like a cannonball."

Tomaszewski suffered second degree burns and a broken nose from the impact of the gerbil, while Farnum suffered first and second degree burns to his anus and lower intestinal tract

Comment

There were 5 left. It was something like 2150, 1200, 800, 500, 350, and I had around 55k ish I think. We played on for around 15 mins after you and Brian left with no real movement except Stewie gathering a few blinds more.
                                                                                                      So stuey got 2k out of the deal doin a chop 5 ways, where the winner got 2.1k, wow origianlly i thought it was a bad idea him doin the deal - but thats gotta be a great deal for him.

i remember there was a hand posted up awhile back and when you heard the opponent TG - the hand turn into a snap call iyo

Comment

Don't really dig the new album, but this is an awesome music video.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bccKotFwzoY[/ame]

Comment

The Onion is in great form these days

The use of the word tine here makes it genius IMO
                                                                                                          Fork Manufacturer Introduces Fifth Tine To Accommodate Growing American Mouthfuls

Not quite as funny as the latest episode of Modern Family but still
                                                                                                          20,000 Tons Of Pubic Hair Trimmed In Preparation For Valentine's Day

And this nice bit of soul crushing banality is my current favourite
                                                                                                          Day Job Officially Becomes Job

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                            So stuey got 2k out of the deal doin a chop 5 ways, where the winner got 2.1k, wow origianlly i thought it was a bad idea him doin the deal - but thats gotta be a great deal for him.

i remember there was a hand posted up awhile back and when you heard the opponent TG - the hand turn into a snap call iyo
                                                                                                            Ya, as I said, I wasn't particularly keen on doing the deal, but the fact that he was tipping for us all made it a bit less horrible for me. The blinds were going up in 5 mins to 5k/10k as well to emphasise the crapshootyness of it, so locking in 3rd place money seemed like not the worst idea.

Comment

Comment

woop

Comment

http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...re_emptive_use

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

woop
                                                                                                                    ???

Comment

Originally posted by Blured View Post
                                                                                                                      Just on this - is rental income under 10k exempt only under the rent a room scheme? Say for example I have a property rented and only received 9k in rent for 2009, would this be exempt?
                                                                                                                      Rent a room relief is only available if your renter is in your PPR, private home basically.

Comment

???
                                                                                                                        New smiley.... some people are easily pleased.
                                                                                                                        Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

???

<----

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X