Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually spent a few days training at the Bewley's Barista Academy when I worked there many moons ago. I won Barista of the year one year and got a crappy hamper. The following year's winner got a trip to Rome ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyzepher View Post
      Wierd as it may seem I've never even tasted coffee - or alcohol for that matter. Must get myself checked out.
      You'll never experience that feeling of coming home from the Fitz after a boozing/poker session, opening your wallet to pay the taxi driver and finding it empty. Then thinking to yourself, did I lose it or just leave it on the table and walk out.

Ah the memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

next you'll be waxing your chest and wearing sarongs

I beg you to reconsider
        In defence of my masculine prowess, I am still drinking four coffees a day, I was just saying that green tea is actually quite nice too. Although how coffee is manly and green tea for metros is beyond me.
        "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
          You'll never experience that feeling of coming home from the Fitz after a boozing/poker session, opening your wallet to pay the taxi driver and finding it empty. Then thinking to yourself, did I lose it or just leave it on the table and walk out.

Ah the memories.
          No but my wallet always seems to be empty nonetheless.

Comment

speaking of alcohol (or addictions) I haven't had alcohol since Jan 1st. Now I know that doesn't seem a lot but I reckon its the first time since I was 16 (many moons ago) that I haven't had some sort of alcohol in over a week or two.

Was planning to stay off it til Feb 6th (mates 40th) but I am now seriously considering have a few tonight/tomorrow/this weekend.

Comment

Murray Rafa match come to life. Murray serving at 6-3, 5-6. Great hold from Rafa just now, saved 4 break points.

Comment

Do you feel better as a result - if so the 6/2 isn't that far away.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Do you feel better as a result - if so the 6/2 isn't that far away.

I do actually. I have been training hard the last 3 weeks (need to lose a couple stone) and its surprising how quick the bit of fitness comes back.

Exactly, the 6th is only two weekends away, so I might try at least to stay off it for a month.

Comment

electrician has arrived

contemplating slipping him a 20 as a performance-related incentive
                      You would have made an excellent 18th century aristocrat I'd say

Wierd as it may seem I've never even tasted coffee - or alcohol for that matter. Must get myself checked out.
                      Just the heroin and meth for you is it?

Comment

Comment

Like the new site and really like 100 posts per page.

Are there any plans to do live updates from events sort of like Blonde poker used to do?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                              Like the new site and really like 100 posts per page.

Are there any plans to do live updates from events sort of like Blonde poker used to do?
                              Not much plans for anything atm. This is an unlikely turn of events though I think, although never say never. The next few weeks will be about getting the place working properly and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                You would have made an excellent 18th century aristocrat I'd say
                                the way I've been running lately, I'd probably be reincarnated as an excellent 18th century aristocrat in Paris circa 1789

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I've also being off the Alcohol for 3 weeks now. Shame my CC bill for Christmas is eating all the savings. I have being smoking loads of the other stuff on my days off.
                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                    In defence of my masculine prowess, I am still drinking four coffees a day, I was just saying that green tea is actually quite nice too. Although how coffee is manly and green tea for metros is beyond me.
                                    shurrup you

you probably don't even shave with a rusty knife

poofter

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                      I'm off since Jan 4th. Realised had only not drunk alcohol on about 10 days in 2009. Nothing too excessive mostly, but it's not really a healthy habit even if it only is the one beer in an evening.

The idea was to stay off for a month, but now staying off until March 17th.

You may as well wait until Feb 6th since that was your initial plan?
                                      Similar to yourself, some weeks would only have been 1/2 beers or a glass of wine. Dogged it in Dec though!!

17th March - nice target date alright, just don't undo all the good in one day I'll be in Chelthenham that day, with the Jan drought a distant memory.

My missus is in hospital for a few days (all good thankfully) but if she is kept in for the weekend, I'll probably have a few otherwise the 6th is the target.

Comment

you probably don't even shave
                                        poofter.
                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

My missus is in hospital for a few days (all good thankfully) but if she is kept in for the weekend, I'll probably have a few.
                                          this sentence made me crack up, you take your breaks where you find 'em when you're married!

coffee machine fixed, two espressos downed, heart rate approaching normal

Comment

Nadal walks off at 2-0 and 3 love down in the third (knee injury)

sad to see but he was nowhere near his best

edit: BBC gimps bigging up Murray, come on SuperFed crush him!

Comment

Comment

With 8-ball on this one. Proper green tea has a crazy amount of caffeine in it!
                                                I read somewhere that this is a bit of myth, tea (in general, not sure if green tea is included) has a higher caffeine content than coffee, but only before it's brewed. A cup of coffee has a much higher caffeine content then a cup of tea.

speaking of alcohol (or addictions) I haven't had alcohol since Jan 1st. Now I know that doesn't seem a lot but I reckon its the first time since I was 16 (many moons ago) that I haven't had some sort of alcohol in over a week or two.

Was planning to stay off it til Feb 6th (mates 40th) but I am now seriously considering have a few tonight/tomorrow/this weekend.
                                                I'm also off alcamhol since New Year's, was aiming for the taking the full month off but have two good friends 30th birthday party to go to on Saturday so I'll be boozing then. I'd say it's the longest I've gone without alcohol since I had glandular fever when I was 17, although I did alast 20 something days a couple of years ago when I was giving up smoking. Seriously considering taking February off as well, I've saved so much cash, done so much more at the weekends and feel pretty healthy for once.

Now where did I put that sarong?
                                                Last edited by Wreck; 26-01-10, 11:50.
                                                "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Having said that, Irish immigration office did recently refuse my brother the right to bring his wife to Ireland. Apparently they always refuse on the first application, and only really think about the case when there is a second application. That's incredibly bad form imo to essentially deny a citizen the right to marry whomever they want.
                                                  where is she from?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by careca
                                                      I haven't had alcohol since Jan 1st
                                                      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to...
                                                      I'm off since Jan 4th
                                                      Originally posted by RasTa
                                                      I've also being off the Alcohol for 3 weeks now
                                                      Originally posted by Wreck
                                                      I'm also off alcamhol since New Year's
                                                      bloody hell, never realised there were so many clean living types inhabiting the BBV

I've been drinking quite a lot recently, only way to get through January imo

Comment

Comment

back when soccer am was funny

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj8tDA78AOQ[/ame]

Comment

Columbia
                                                            say no more squire, say no more

(specially for rounders123)

Comment

Columbia
                                                              does she ship you the odd bit of duty free when she visits?

Comment

That's a big shame about Nadal. I really worry for his career long term. I didn't think he could play at the top level when he was 30. At the moment, I am not sure he will do it when he is 25.

Comment

I read somewhere that this is a bit of myth, tea (in general, not sure if green tea is included) has a higher caffeine content than coffee, but only before it's brewed. A cup of coffee has a much higher caffeine content then a cup of tea.
                                                                  So for the ultimate buzz, we should be snorting tea bags?

Comment

January is a month where you need to get locked lots so that you miss the cold mornings. Common sense really.
                                                                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by AdMMM View Post
                                                                      So for the ultimate buzz, we should be snorting tea bags?
                                                                      teabagging will give you a buzz alright

not sure it's one I'd recommend

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                        Guys I don't wanna speak for Dom, Kev et al but I think it would be best if we didn't get involved in "invading" the old Poker forum.

It just makes us look petty and there are plenty of people over there who would like to make out that this whole thing was a toys-out-of-the-pram hissy fit.

Better that we just leave it alone and let it die with style, let new posters fill it if they want to and just enjoy what we have here.
                                                                        I agree. Although I don't think we need to worry about looking like the bad guy, as long as Seamus keeps posting in feedback.

Comment

bloody hell, never realised there were so many clean living types inhabiting the BBV
                                                                          Speaking of clean living. The fiancé of one of our members has been spotted giving tips on "riding success"
                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                            I agree. Although I don't think we need to worry about looking like the bad guy, as long as Seamus keeps posting in feedback.
                                                                            I'm not even going to look at the old board for a month*. A clean break I reckon.

*It helps that I need to reregister anyway and that I'm very unhappy about the new terms and conditions they are in the process of imposing. We're as well off out of it.
                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                              Not much plans for anything atm. This is an unlikely turn of events though I think, although never say never. The next few weeks will be about getting the place working properly and stuff.
                                                                              I wouldn't rule it out Dom. I reckon some guerrilla type independent tournie coverage via smartphones etc would be great craic for the likes of the IO etc.

Just keep it to the local events and with the proliferation of members at such events we'd be able to cover the tournies in style and substance.
                                                                              Last edited by V for Vendetta; 26-01-10, 12:30.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                Speaking of clean living. The fiancé of one of our members has been spotted giving tips on "riding success"
                                                                                a grey-haired member?

Comment

Good job on the NSFW Spoiler tags.
                                                                                  I was having major problems in work ....

Comment

a grey-haired member?
                                                                                    A fellow sporting a salt and pepper look.

Comment

Jesus hard to keep up with this thread.

Comment

...

Comment

I tasted 5 teaspoons of coffee and don't intend on adding to it.
                                                                                          As for alcohol, don't know the last time I had some. I could easily never drink for the rest of my life without noticing. Alcoholic drinks are really not very nice. I guess that's a good thing for me.

Comment

Hello, Who u gotta love poker the fish follow the sharks!! What up everyone! So whats New????

Comment

Not sure if you've spotted this, but your signature has a superfluous [/SIGPIC] in it
                                                                                              You must be seeing things you mad man

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                Hello, Who u gotta love poker the fish follow the sharks!! What up everyone! So whats New????
                                                                                                Your well behind, better start thanking some posts.

Comment

a grey-haired member?
                                                                                                  Definition of " member" here becomes vital imo
                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                    I tasted 5 teaspoons of coffee and don't intend on adding to it.
                                                                                                    As for alcohol, don't know the last time I had some. I could easily never drink for the rest of my life without noticing. Alcoholic drinks are really not very nice. I guess that's a good thing for me.
                                                                                                    lol they invented alcopops for people like you!

could murder a pint of guinness right now, the college bar is out, but they just keep tauting me with the taps though

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post

could murder a pint of guinness right now, the college bar is out, but they just keep tauting me with the taps though
                                                                                                      The Guinness in there is putrid.

Comment

Is it really bad that I know exactly why your location is funny and appropriate?

Comment

I think i am turning into a Howard Hughes type, I have not left the house in a week and cabin fever is setting in.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                                                                              I think i am turning into a Howard Hughes type, I have not left the house in a week and cabin fever is setting in.
                                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

lThe Guinness in there is putrid.
                                                                                                                it's seems to be on and off. the first few times i was in there it was great. then it went downhill. i'm hoping for a re-emergence.

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                Is it really bad that I know exactly why your location is funny and appropriate?
                                                                                                                no, not at all imo

Comment

...
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 26-01-10, 13:13.

Comment

Glyn how come you didn't keep El Stuntman?
                                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                      Need to move away from his previous affiliation with beggars imo

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                        legal difficulties

I am not at liberty to say any more

Comment

legal difficulties

I am not at liberty to say any more
                                                                                                                          He never actually did his own stunts obv

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X