This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
    Am I the only one who finds him unfunny?
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7HLXRbU_n4[/ame]

Opr

Comment

I'm not really one for indulging in schadenfraude but in this case from the property section of the IT I'll make an exception

The Georgian house, built in the 1780s and sold for €700,000 in 1997, was last sold in 2006 at the peak of the market for over €10.5 million to a buyer who ran a holistic healing centre there.

Holistic my arse.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Only problem there is that Rufus Hound is just another English Cunt!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuNojcgPQb8[/ame]

2:00 - 2:08, the height of comedy

SPOILER
        potatoes indeed

SPOILER
        English comedians who belong to the cool brigade, who would rightly slag off the likes of Manning/Kay (not lumping Kay in with Manning btw) to show how cool they are, then saying potato in a bad Irish accent to get a cheap laugh are a particular bugbear of mine
        Last edited by Guest; 18-11-10, 13:51. Reason: *

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

According to the in running numbers on betfair ... FINKEL
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
              can't see updates. How is finkel's race going? Have a significant financial investment in the outome!

you'll be back on the instant noodles tonight
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Fuck ya Finkel

Off and running
                Panama Canal setting decent pace
                Canticle lies second
                Canticle third
                Panama Canal leads
                Smuglin lies second
                Canticle third
                Panama Canal clear by 10ls
                Smuglin lies second
                Factotum third
                Deep Reflection shoved along for a few strides
                Panama Canal has built up a huge lead here, must be 20ls clear
                Canticle lies second
                Smuglin third
                Hollo Ladies taking a keen hold
                Panama Canal not so far clear now
                Smuglin lies second
                Canticle third
                Mexican Pete 4th
                Factotum 5th
                Hollo Ladies next
                Deep Reflection in rear
                Deep Reflection struggling
                Panama Canal by 12ls
                Factotum squeezed along
                Panama Canal leads
                Canticle lies second
                Hollo Ladies makes mistake
                Panama Canal leads
                Factotum struggling
                Smuglin lies second
                Hollo Ladies making headway
                Panama Canal getting tired
                Smuglin lies second
                Mexican Pete third
                Canticle makes mistake
                Panama Canal leads
                Smuglin lies second
                Mexican Pete driven along
                Hollo Ladies latching onto them
                Panama Canal by 4ls
                Smuglin lies second
                Hollo Ladies closing in
                Panama Canal reminders
                3 out
                Panama Canal & Smuglin disputing
                Hollo Ladies looming
                Smuglin leads
                Panama Canal weakening
                Smuglin leads
                Hollo Ladies lies second
                final fence
                Smuglin by 2ls
                Smuglin kept going, wins well
                Hollo Ladies lies second
                Mexican Pete third
                Result:

Comment

Smuglin 1st
                  Hollo Ladies 2nd
                  Mexican Pete 3rd
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Howard Finkel
                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Some great photos here, theme is protest.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...n_protest.html
                        Some good protest pics there - one caught my eye -

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Lplated; 18-11-10, 16:51.

Comment

Zod > Finkel

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                            Only problem there is that Rufus Hound is just another English Cunt!!!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

2:00 - 2:08, the height of comedy

SPOILER
                            potatoes indeed

SPOILER
                            English comedians who belong to the cool brigade, who would rightly slag off the likes of Manning/Kay (not lumping Kay in with Manning btw) to show how cool they are, then saying potato in a bad Irish accent to get a cheap laugh are a particular bugbear of mine

That Show, that presenter, those guests.
                            It's a smorgasbord of mediocrity. There is not not single redeeming feature, bar boobs
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                              It's a smorgasbord of mediocrity. There is not not single redeeming feature, bar boobs
                              Yup, except for some reason, I have always liked the Keith Lemon character

Comment

Fishfinger sandwiches all-round for the rest of the week by the looks of it

FINKEL

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                  The Chinese economic powerhouse led by ramen exports will continue its upward trend unabated.
                                  what sort of a gamblor are you? Man up ffs

get the credit card out and get out of jail

Monastrell in the next at Thurles imo

Comment

Always the optimist 3.15 thurles. A friend passed it on as a tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                      Howard Finkel
                                      Right, I'm fighting bums for sandwiches for the rest of the week after taking this tip.
                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                        I thought it was the bo-selectah dude

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                          Right, I'm fighting bums for sandwiches for the rest of the week after taking this tip.
                                          Hectorjelly will be pleased

Comment

It is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                              Having an E/W punt on this to recoup earlier losses!! Last time I go with the BBV on horses me thinks. If work was busy I could avoid all this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                Hectorjelly will be pleased
                                                any info what time the Simon community are doing soup runs?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                  Do you fancy staking me for this Fran?

Ship me €200 and i'll split any winnings 50/50, deal?

Comment

King of Ardcarne is my only bet of the day EW in that race. Will love the conditions. Fav is very short.

RE Finkle's tip, I doubt it would have been available at 3/1 at the off if conections had any serious money on him. The ease at which it was to back at a decent price put me off.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

So I cracked the screen on my laptop a few months ago. Sent it away for repairs on my coverplan.

Rang them after 6 weeks ---> We've misplaced your laptop.
                                                      Rang them after 8 weeks ---> We found it and will have it to you within 10 working days.
                                                      Rang them after 10 weeks ---> We've lost it again.

So I ended up getting vouchers for PC World / Currys. Now I really wanted a new desktop since I got a decent netbook in the States earlier this year but they're so overpriced in these shops. So I'll build my own. Anyhow I picked up a 40" Samsung for my room, a wall bracket and a decent set of sennheiser ear bud headphones. Funny thing was the salesman tried to sell me a HDMI cable for €40. Told him to politely gtfo and picked out the headphones.

Anyway, I've two quick questions that are totally unrelated to each other.

(1) I need some kind of comfortable seating for my room. I was thinking of a beanbag or something along those lines. Anyone have any advice?

(2) I'm thinking of picking up a kindle. Anybody got one and do you like it? My only reservation is that I think I'd miss the feel and smell of a real book.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                        King of Ardcarne is my only bet of the day EW in that race. Will love the conditions. Fav is very short.
                                                        not a bean for either of our two

Comment

Got a reliable tip for Im A Legend in the 3.20 at Wincanton, if ye lot have anything left by that time!

He has been in good form recently (won last 2), yard in good form, ground should be fine and the step back in trip should be no problem. The favourite is unexposed and our fella has been raised 12lbs for his last 2 wins, but the 3/1 on Im A Legend represents much better value than 11/8 the favourite.

Comment

Lads in fairness to Finkel it wasn't a bad tip. Hallo Ladies ran a good race. The leader stumbled at the 2nd last and knocked HL out of her stride. AP had to go the long way around but got cut off again crossing the last.

Also LOL at won well - won by a length (length and a half max) and was blessed not to fall at the 2nd last

Comment

what sort of a gamblor are you? Man up ffs

get the credit card out and get out of jail

can't put my trust in finkels nap and lumped my horsie wad of 35 sobs on

fuck you finkel the dream is over

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

It is.
                                                                Then who is Leigh Francis?

Comment

RE Finkle's tip, I doubt it would have been available at 3/1 at the off if conections had any serious money on him. The ease at which it was to back at a decent price put me off.

I seen that there so I did,
                                                                  I thought of me Da saying thinks about horses like that there so did I
                                                                  & I still backed the mule

SPOILER
                                                                  My Rufus Hound hatred has turned me into a right paddy for the rest of the day, time fur a cup O'tae

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                    Lads in fairness to Finkel it wasn't a bad tip. Hallo Ladies ran a good race. The leader stumbled at the 2nd last and knocked HL out of her stride. AP had to go the long way around but got cut off again crossing the last.

Also LOL at won well - won by a length (length and a half max) and was blessed not to fall at the 2nd last
                                                                    This.

While the lads here are probably posting tongue in cheek, nothing irritates me more than when someone is moaned at for providing a tip with good intentions.

And FWIW, he went odds on in running so anyone could have laid off if they wanted to.

Comment

the guy who plays avid merrion and Keith Lemon.

Comment

A mild mannered reporter with the daily planet?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                          This.

While the lads here are probably posting tongue in cheek, nothing irritates me more than when someone is moaned at for providing a tip with good intentions.

And FWIW, he went odds on in running so anyone could have laid off if they wanted to.
                                                                          i agree completely with all this
                                                                          its mega lol though at all the other sure thing tips in the thread since that race finished.

still dosn't change my

"fuck you finkel" cry

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                            So I cracked the screen on my laptop a few months ago. Sent it away for repairs on my coverplan.

Rang them after 6 weeks ---> We've misplaced your laptop.
                                                                            Rang them after 8 weeks ---> We found it and will have it to you within 10 working days.
                                                                            Rang them after 10 weeks ---> We've lost it again.

So I ended up getting vouchers for PC World / Currys. Now I really wanted a new desktop since I got a decent netbook in the States earlier this year but they're so overpriced in these shops. So I'll build my own. Anyhow I picked up a 40" Samsung for my room, a wall bracket and a decent set of sennheiser ear bud headphones. Funny thing was the salesman tried to sell me a HDMI cable for €40. Told him to politely gtfo and picked out the headphones.

Anyway, I've two quick questions that are totally unrelated to each other.

(1) I need some kind of comfortable seating for my room. I was thinking of a beanbag or something along those lines. Anyone have any advice?

(2) I'm thinking of picking up a kindle. Anybody got one and do you like it? My only reservation is that I think I'd miss the feel and smell of a real book.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

the guy who plays avid merrion and Keith Lemon.
                                                                              Getting all confused, just keep it simple over your career imo

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2D3-FkoXNU[/ame]

Comment

Have not read the BBV at all today and just noticed the talk of tips after I posted mine, mine is obv doomed.
                                                                                I always put up a tip if i get a call it is up to the punter to decide if they want to go with it.

And Tony no deal but by all means stick your 200 on and i wil take 25% of any winnings

Comment

You guys are such gambling noobs. You have to factor in what the prime purpose of anyone texting Finkel with a sure thing bet is likely to be, which is obviously pwning him. I read it as the safest lay of the year.

I have been watching the UK Apprentice for several weeks and noticed the blonde chick for the first time last night. So I'm not convinced that she does very much.

Sandesh's eyes are indeed going to be missed, but she never smiled. The brunette Laura has beautiful eyes too. But Paloma, despite being tilt inducingly aggressive, was the hottest, she be a porn star.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                    Sandesh's eyes are indeed going to be missed, but she never smiled. The brunette Laura has beautiful eyes too. But Paloma, despite being tilt inducingly aggressive, was the hottest, she be a porn star.
                                                                                    Paloma was unreal actually, good point.

To be fair, this year's crop of women is the most attractive ever assembled on that show.
                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

it is.
                                                                                      However, I can only take even his avid marrion character in small doses.

Comment

If small is <= 0 seconds.

Comment

According to the hendom database.....

Guess who is the 19th most popular poker player in world?

Total life earnings: $90,295. Latest cash: $1,004 on 11-Nov-2019. Click here to see the details of Mick Stephens' 187 cashes.

Comment

Getting all confused, just keep it simple over your career imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2D3-FkoXNU
                                                                                            Paul + Pauline Calf, Tony Ferrino, Tommy Saxondale?

Comment

Paul + Pauline Calf, Tony Ferrino, Tommy Saxondale?
                                                                                              That's early Coogan, he found his niche and stuck with it.

Comment

There is nobody more anti-Irish than the Irish themselves. Which is probably the biggest letdown I've experienced in my time on your planet.
                                                                                                Well that and Gary Birtles.

Comment

That's early Coogan, he found his niche and stuck with it.
                                                                                                  Rumours building on twitter that the Glazer loan repayment is in prep to sell the club, heard anything?

Comment

here's the only link to odds for the Uk Apprentice that I was able to find:

two weeks old so obv. a slight change with the two long shots Sandeesh and Alex gonzo

Liz Locke 3/1
                                                                                                    Christopher Farrell 5/1
                                                                                                    Jamie Lester 13/2
                                                                                                    Stella English 15/2
                                                                                                    Joanna Riley 9/1
                                                                                                    Chris Bates 10/1
                                                                                                    Stuart Baggs 16/1
                                                                                                    Alex Epstein 25/1
                                                                                                    Sandeesh Samra 33/1

anyone want to quote me reasonable odds on Stella?
                                                                                                    Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 18-11-10, 15:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                      Howard Finkel
                                                                                                      Kept meaning to ask but what is all this bold somebody's name about?
                                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I had never heard of the horse and don't watch horse racing, just looked and the paper and decided that was a nice name.

I just wanted to teach all you freaks a lesson.

Never follow tips from a random Internet person.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                          Werewolf humour! I know lol
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

We could tell you but we'd have to either much or lynch you

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                              THE COLLEGE THEME PAPER: HE VS. SHE

>

>Remember the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"?

>Well, here's a prime example offered by an English professor at an

>American University.

>

>"Today we will experiment with a new form of composition called the tandem story. The process is simple. Each person will pair off with the

>person sitting to his or her immediate right. One of you will then write the first paragraph of a short story. The partner will read the first paragraph

>and then add another paragraph to the story. The first person will then add a third paragraph, and so on back and forth.

>

>Remember to reread what has been written each time in order to keep the story coherent. There is to be absolutely NO talking and anything

>you wish to say must be written on the paper. The story is over when both agree a conclusion has been reached."

>The following was actually turned in by two of my English students:

>

> Rebecca -last name deleted, and Gary - last name deleted.

> -------------------------------------------------------------

>

>STORY:

>(first paragraph by Rebecca)

>At first, Laurie couldn't decide which kind of tea she wanted. The camomile, which used to be her favourite for lazy evenings at home, now

>reminded her too much of Carl, who once said, in happier times, that he liked camomile.

>

>But she felt she must now, at all costs, keep her mind off Carl. His possessiveness was suffocating, and if she thought about him too much

>her asthma started acting up again. So camomile was out of the question.

> ------------------------------------------------------

>(second paragraph by Gary)

>

>Meanwhile, Advance Sergeant Carl Harris, leader of the attack squadron now in orbit over Skylon 4, had more important things to think about

>than the neuroses of an air - headed asthmatic bimbo named Laurie with whom he had spent one sweaty night over a year ago. "A.S. Harris to Geostation

>17," he said into his transgalactic communicator "Polar orbit established. No sign of resistance so far..." But before he could sign off, a bluish particle beam flashed out of nowhere and blasted a hole through his ship's cargo bay. The jolt from the direct hit sent him flying out of his seat and across the cockpit.

>

>----------------------------------------------------------

>(Rebecca)

>He bumped his head and died almost immediately but not before he felt one last pang of regret for psychically brutalizing the one woman who had

>ever had feelings for him. Soon afterwards, Earth stopped its pointless hostilities towards the peaceful farmers of Skylon 4.

>"Congress Passes Law Permanently Abolishing War and Space Travel," Laurie read in her newspaper one morning. The news simultaneously excited her and bored her. She stared out the window, dreaming of her youth, when the days had passed unhurriedly and carefree, with no newspapers to read, no television to distract her from her sense of innocent wonder at all the beautiful things around her. "Why must one lose one's innocence to become a woman?" she pondered wistfully.

>

>---------------------------------------------------------

>(Gary)

>Little did she know, but she had less than 10 seconds to live. Thousands of miles above the city, the Anu'udrian mothership launched the first of its lithium fusion missiles. The dim-witted wimpy peaceniks who pushed the Unilateral Aerospace Disarmament Treaty through the congress had left Earth a defenseless target for the hostile alien

>empires who were determined to destroy the human race. Within two hours after the passage of the treaty the Anu'udrian ships were on course for Earth, carrying enough firepower to pulverize the entire planet. With no one to stop them, they swiftly initiated th eir diabolical plan. The lithium fusion missile entered the atmosphere unimpeded. The President, in his top-secret Mobile submarine headquarters on the ocean floor off the coast of Guam, felt the inconceivably massive explosion, which vaporized poor, stupid, Laurie and 85 million other Americans. The President slammed his fist on the conference table. "We can't allow this! I'm going to veto that treaty!

>Let's blow 'em out of the sky!"

>

>(Rebecca)

>This is absurd. I refuse to continue this mockery of literature. My writing partner is a violent, chauvinistic semi-literate adolescent.

> ----------------------------------------------------------

>(Gary)

>Yeah? Well, you're a self-centered tedious neurotic whose attempts at writing are the literary equivalent of Valium. "Oh shall I have camomile tea? Or shall I have some other sort of F***ING TEA??? Oh no, I'm an air headed bimbo who reads too many Danielle Steele novels."

>(Rebecca)

>Asshole.

>(Gary)

>Bitch.

> ----------------------------------------------------------

>(Rebecca)

>Wanker.

>

>(Gary)

>Slut.

>---------------------------------------------------------

>(Rebecca)

>Get f****d.

>(Gary)

>Eat s**t.

> --------------------------------------------------------

>(Rebecca)

>F*** YOU - YOU NEANDERTHAL!!!

> > (Gary)

> >

> >

> > Go drink some tea - whore.

> >

> > ************************************************** ***********

> >

> >

> >

> > (Teacher)

> >

> >

> > A+ - I really liked this one.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                Got a reliable tip for Im A Legend in the 3.20 at Wincanton, if ye lot have anything left by that time!

He has been in good form recently (won last 2), yard in good form, ground should be fine and the step back in trip should be no problem. The favourite is unexposed and our fella has been raised 12lbs for his last 2 wins, but the 3/1 on Im A Legend represents much better value than 11/8 the favourite.
                                                                                                                Winner all right, winner all right!

SPs 7/2, 10/11

Comment

scored this in fifa the other day, never saw a goal like it in fifa

added chris kamara and andy gray for factor

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=422eBwl1e5o[/ame]

Comment

A vote to have him lynched in werewolf schmarewolf.

Join us, together we will rule the galaxy as father and son.
                                                                                                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                                      I had never heard of the horse and don't watch horse racing, just looked and the paper and decided that was a nice name.

I just wanted to teach all you freaks a lesson.

Never follow tips from a random Internet person.
                                                                                                                      Lols nice try to wriggle out of it

Werewolf humour! I know lol

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                      We could tell you but we'd have to either much or lynch you
                                                                                                                      Ugh WW crap!

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                                                                        scored this in fifa the other day, never saw a goal like it in fifa

added chris kamara and andy gray for factor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=422eBwl1e5o
                                                                                                                        Nice very nice, quality on the added soundtrack.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                          Rumours building on twitter that the Glazer loan repayment is in prep to sell the club, heard anything?
                                                                                                                          Nope, sounds like rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X