This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
    The economic crisis pales into insignificance when compared to two incidents in Clare and Cork today.

As a nation we really have some tough questions to answer on the social as well as economic front.

What kind of society conspires to cause the circumstances where tragedies such as these are almost becoming the norm rather than the exception.
    hardly 'the norm' Reaps? It does seem to be a horrible coincidence.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

RDIII, out of interest how is Germany so loaded that they can send cash our way? I thought that before this they were just out of a long but not particularly severe recession themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Santander have their own problems at home (note they quietly pulled out of a couple of acquisitions recently)

but yes, in general it would be a good opportunity plus you'll be able to anally rape your customers with gusto as there'll be no competition to stop you
        WTF where RBS at then? I realise they made a mess of themselves by having most of their loan book in small businesses and unnecessary hotels, but surely they should've seen the benefits of tightening up their loan side and concentrating on the commercial aspect?

Is there any reason why there has been no entrants?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
          RDIII, out of interest how is Germany so loaded that they can send cash our way? I thought that before this they were just out of a long but not particularly severe recession themselves.
          it's not just Germany, the EFSF will have contributions from all member states of the Eurozone plus some IMF money.

and yeah, they've just emerged from their decade-long slowdown caused by the costs of absorbing the former DDR

Comment

If you have no mortgage and a good private sector job, you might get away rather lightly.
            And they called me crazy for spending my time in the Fitz after leaving school instead of going to college and joining the ratrace.

Comment

hardly 'the norm' Reaps? It does seem to be a horrible coincidence.
              Maybe a bit of an exaggeration alright. A symptom of my current depressed state of mind.
              You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                em, eh I dunno

'utterly fucked economy' perhaps?

Comment

I am in London, how can I watch/listen to the announcement that Ireland inc. is in receivership?

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                  paddy power owning ladbrokes on sky news right now.
                  details?
                  Follow us on Twitter
                  Follow us on Facebook

Comment

WTF where RBS at then? I realise they made a mess of themselves by having most of their loan book in small businesses and unnecessary hotels, but surely they should've seen the benefits of tightening up their loan side and concentrating on the commercial aspect?

If I may opine: one of the reasons I've seen given for foreign banks reluctance to enter the Irish market on a high-street level is the fact the Irish government seems to treat the old school Irish banks with kid gloves and as such the playing field isn't level for new entrants. The foreign banks who opened up here during the boom have made a hasty retreat in recent years when this became plain in the aftermath of the traitorous bank guarantee and NAMA debacles.

That is just what I understand from what I've read; someone who knows better should correct me if I'm wrong!

Comment

Entering the market here is a bet on an Irish economic recovery, no surprise nobody's interested and further evidence we're fucked if you ask me
                      You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                        The economic crisis pales into insignificance when compared to two incidents in Clare and Cork today.

As a nation we really have some tough questions to answer on the social as well as economic front.

What kind of society conspires to cause the circumstances where tragedies such as these are almost becoming the norm rather than the exception.
                        No it doesn't.

They are individual stories that are possibly / probably in some ways a result of what is happening in the economy and thus in society.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by PaddyPowerPoker View Post
                          I am in London, how can I watch/listen to the announcement that Ireland inc. is in receivership?
                          live on RTE Player

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            No it doesn't.

They are individual stories that are possibly / probably in some ways a result of what is happening in the economy and thus in society.
                            quite possibly, but I'd imagine anyone who kills their own family has more issues than merely economic ones

Comment

live on RTE Player
                              Irish only
                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

geat article here
                                This blog post takes the form of an open letter to Commissioner Olli Rehn, who has twice in successive months pronounced that Ireland must give up its status as a "low tax economy". The letter goes through the government's revenues, heading by [...]
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Cowen talking utter shite in the Dail, just announce the bailout and go off and get locked you fat pig

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                    Irish only
                                    thats what I thought however, it appears that any Dail/Seanad dealings can be viewed worldwide.

Might be attacking the mini bar and passing out in the corner in a half hour once I have heard that I have to change the spelling of my surname.
                                    Follow us on Twitter
                                    Follow us on Facebook

Comment

thats what I thought however, it appears that any Dail/Seanad dealings can be viewed worldwide.

Might be attacking the mini bar and passing out in the corner in a half hour once I have heard that I have to change the spelling of my surname.
                                      change it to Haze imo

first name Purple

Comment

Doubt we'll hear anything definitive at 5 if the tapdancing thus far is anything to go by.
                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

No it doesn't.

give me broke anyday!

I do agree economic issues could have been a factor. It was only recently mentioned in an article that 30+ property developers had taken their own lifes in the past 2-3 years

Comment

Given your previous association with the banking industry, your Offaly ancestral heritage, and now that you spend your time corrupting young lives changing your name is the least of your worries!!
                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Danny macAskill, the mountain bike guy posted in here before, has a new video just gone up... epic!
                                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

lol, Joan Bruton.
                                                Follow us on Twitter
                                                Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Is this what we've been waiting for?

edit: so no bailout?
                                                  Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                    Is this what we've been waiting for?

edit: so no bailout?
                                                    what happened??

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

details?
                                                      just on discussing the royal engagement.
                                                      paddy came across as a funny guy, cracking jokes, knowing his facts, and offering good odds, ladbrokes nerd had a notebook of notes in front of him and misunderstood jokes etc etc.

Personality goes a long way.
                                                      example

Presenter "Can i put 50p on august 13th?"
                                                      Ladbrokes "um, I can't take money off you right now, but I can certainly put you in touch with people who would be able to facilitate you"
                                                      Paddy Power "Thats a very good guess! We're thinking the exact same, who are you in contact with, we'd love to have your inside knowledge" etc etc...
                                                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

we wont be taking a bailout
                                                        looking for international investment
                                                        Motion tomorrow to extend bank guarantee

I'm offically lost
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Tourny win

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Comment

no Kenny saying we are great, we'll fix it all.
                                                            This shit pisses me off no end

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                              no Kenny saying we are great, we'll fix it all.
                                                              This shit pisses me off no end
                                                              Kenny just isn't a good public speaker in this setting, is he? There is something so stilted about his manner of speaking from notes...

Comment

Eh, what?
                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

so no impending doom from space object yesterday or bail out today. bit of an anti-climax

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Cowen talking utter shite in the Dail, just announce the bailout and go off and get locked you fat pig
                                                                      Reported for personal abuse...
                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

anyone playing in the voodoo tonight?
                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I turn on it on in time for Arthur Morgan. I run so bad.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Right odd request from a newbie, here it goes.

I have a ticket for the UK & Irl new depositers freeroll on stars tonight @ 8.30pm

It's a 10k prizepool. I need £1.55 transfer on stars however, to cover the buy in and rebuy/add on (yes 1 english pound and 55 dirty pennys) Will give 25% percent of winnings for this paupers sum.

Any takers PM me.

Mint.

Goose

Comment

I have to admit being a fan of Lenihans. Walked into a serious shitstorm when he was given his post and I think has done the best that anyone could have. Really sharp and smart guy which puts him head and shoulders above most of the other muppets in his party. I think he generally comes across as reasonable sencire and honest which considering his dads rep is a massive acomplishment
                                                                                Hes a Barrister so he obviously has brains.
                                                                                However he is also raving on how we have turned the corner when the dog on the street knows we are up tp out eyes in shi t.
                                                                                I think a lot of the goodwill towards him is because of his illness
                                                                                with the cancer he has hed be better off spending time with his family then continuing trying to tell us well be fine.
                                                                                Saying the Croke Park agreement wont be changed etc he seems some what human compared to his drooler of a brother and that fat gimp Cowen and hapless Dempsey

Comment

Well played I burst out laughing
                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                    Is the Dail half-empty? obv all down helping Bridie out with her flooding. Priorities etc
                                                                                    That kind of negative attitude won't fly under our new ownership.

The Dail is clearly half full

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                      Hes a Barrister so he obviously has brains.
                                                                                      However he is also raving on how we have turned the corner when the dog on the street knows we are up tp out eyes in shi t.
                                                                                      I think a lot of the goodwill towards him is because of his illness
                                                                                      with the cancer he has hed be better off spending time with his family then continuing trying to tell us well be fine.
                                                                                      Saying the Croke Park agreement wont be changed etc he seems some what human compared to his drooler of a brother and that fat gimp Cowen and hapless Dempsey
                                                                                      it's amazing they're brothers tbh

Comment

I woke up Sunday morning with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.
                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
                                                                                          That kind of negative attitude won't fly under our new ownership.

The Dail is clearly half full
                                                                                          The other half having been sent to a redesigned Mosney "camp" for being undesirables.

Can only be days away from "Achtung Corkian" signs going up in Dublin.

Still, there'll be a lot less gypsies, travellers, and assorted foreigners to annoy Sickpuppy.

Comment

Speed Bad driving kills.

Whatever has been invested in this non-profit (lol) scheme would be more usefully put into subsidising decent driver training and awareness.

Selfishness and ignorance on the roads of this country seem to be the norm.

Comment

What a funny last 30 mins or so catching up on the days events.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQFHgcFlrlw[/ame]

Opr

Comment

anyone else here try to open the DHL mail?

I opened it and tried to execute it but nothing happened so far... any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                                                                                                    Speed Bad driving kills.

Whatever has been invested in this non-profit (lol) scheme would be more usefully put into subsidising decent driver training and awareness.

Selfishness and ignorance on the roads of this country seem to be the norm.
                                                                                                    Moron driving at 50Kmph causes an accident and everyone walks away same moron driving at 100Kmph and people die.
                                                                                                    You cannot stop morons being morons but you can force them to slow down.
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

what an absolute idiot.

Comment

Seanie Fitz to the gallows!

Cool clip OPR, whiney voice on that guy would go through you though!

Comment

Moron driving at 50Kmph causes an accident and everyone walks away same moron driving at 100Kmph and people die.
                                                                                                          You cannot stop morons being morons but you can force them to slow down.
                                                                                                          You prove my point. Bad drivers (morons) are gonna be bad drivers whatever their speed.

Educate them!

Comment

Santander have their own problems at home (note they quietly pulled out of a couple of acquisitions recently)

but yes, in general it would be a good opportunity plus you'll be able to anally rape your customers with gusto as there'll be no competition to stop you
                                                                                                            Hence why we need the Irish banks to be treated with kid gloves!
                                                                                                            They are massive net savers as an economy, the EU is great for them as they have a market of people to buy from. They are not as badly affected as other countries and their economy is doing rather well now - see the dax index today.
                                                                                                            Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                            If I may opine: one of the reasons I've seen given for foreign banks reluctance to enter the Irish market on a high-street level is the fact the Irish government seems to treat the old school Irish banks with kid gloves and as such the playing field isn't level for new entrants. The foreign banks who opened up here during the boom have made a hasty retreat in recent years when this became plain in the aftermath of the traitorous bank guarantee and NAMA debacles.

That is just what I understand from what I've read; someone who knows better should correct me if I'm wrong!
                                                                                                            and right they are, we need irish banks as well! People talk about how great the foreign banks would be, but they would act the same given the opportunity, and can leave at a moments notice if they wish - see halifax.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                            oh seriously, fckin Gilmore. "Your government must resign". That would look spectacular in terms of stability!

meh, feel like I'm beating a dead horse here, but still don't see how this is doom and gloom. We're just borrowing from a different, more reliable, source. We were going to have to borrow that money anyway, and the borrowing projection hasn't changed - and it still doesn't mean we'll have an unmanageable level of debt, especially after all the cost cutting is implemented.

If anything, those of ye moving the money abroad are looking even more reactionary now, given that the banks are going to be overcapitalised and they will have an ECB open door for funding.
                                                                                                            not to mention lost interest!

Comment

lol

Comment

This thread is very male orientated i notice, ye do talk some shite at times i must say.

This site needs more females, i just might start up a ladies only thread but before i do could someone tell me has it been done already in the past,

what ye think???
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Just pray they don't bring average speed cameras in. Anyone who's ever done a decent journey with these on the road can attest to their absolute gheity!

They take a snap of you at one point, and then 10k later another, and if it took you less than "going at the speed limit would allow", you get done.

An absolute c**t* of a system

* Solskjaer's orders
                                                                                                                  they use this in china but not a speed dection method, more a road tolling program, you go a certain distance in a certain time you get charged a certain amount, it's not a fine, but if you have more money you can drive faster, please god why don't the f**kin chinese buy us, i'm having picture's of the IDA over in China tryin to flog Ireland, Ah sure if you dont want it we'll get rid of cork!!

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                  Why not just stay within the speed limit?
                                                                                                                  cause thats ghey

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                                  not a good day for the state pathologist
                                                                                                                  Why not???, only safe job in the counrty today as i can see it, really people have to start looking at the glass half full!

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                  When they invent perfectly safe drivers then they can have perfectly safe roads.
                                                                                                                  They did, but i cant drive everyone around

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                                  Can someone link to that thread about moving your money out of the country that RDIII posted before?
                                                                                                                  Ship ship, everyone taught i was crazy pissing through savings, the last couple of years, but now anyone with money is far to fcukin worried about it to enjoy it! I'm just going to sit back throw up my feet and wait till the next boom in like 20 years or so, should be young enough to take advantage of it!

Anyone got anyone any idea what the next boom will be, we have IT/Science/Building, im predicting massive sex trade boom in ireland, like in one county everything is legal to sex drugs etc and the goverment charge! Massive money spinner for our new owners!

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                    This thread is very male orientated i notice, ye do talk some shite at times i must say.

This site needs more females, i just might start up a ladies only thread but before i do could someone tell me has it been done already in the past,

what ye think???
                                                                                                                    hang yer teatowel on it.

Comment

what ye think???
                                                                                                                      just make sure to label NSFW or lloyd will drop the banhammer

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                                        just make sure to label NSFW or lloyd will drop the banhammer
                                                                                                                        Whats NSFW???
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

what ye think???
                                                                                                                          Thread has potential.*

*To be the worst on the site. Including every single one DBC ever started
                                                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X