X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
      I have to admit being a fan of Lenihans. Walked into a serious shitstorm when he was given his post and I think has done the best that anyone could have. Really sharp and smart guy which puts him head and shoulders above most of the other muppets in his party. I think he generally comes across as reasonable sencire and honest which considering his dads rep is a massive acomplishment
      lol he is a fucking nutjob and I have that from a secure source.
      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
        Pretty epic driving test failure , didnt even get out of the test centre
        That 15 lesson crap is only for new drivers who didn't get their license before some date.
        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
          Anyone else think Berry is high on Ballydoyle's list as no.1?
          Surely now Oxx has Murtagh back it opens a gap for Berry to leave with no ill feeling.

Oxx didnt rule out Berry riding for him either though saying he may just go free lance.

http://www.irishracing.com/v5newsitem?prid=49229
          Just can't see it happening Aya. Don't think Berry has enough experience at this stage. He's ok in Ireland (prob in top 5) but internationally he wouldn't be rated that highly. Ryan Moore would be the first choice imo, but it would be hard to pry him from Stoute as he has a young family and obv lives in Eng.

I'm going to guess that Fallon gets it again or possibly the job is split between Heffernan and O'Donoghue.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              Pretty horrific happenings in cork this morning. Can't link, as on phone, but looks like a man killed his two young daughters, and then ran his car into a ditch, killing himself. Details still sketchy, but horrible either way.
              Jesus thats shocking.

Comment

is there a way to reset your wireless settings with the router you get off upc? dunno what i've managed to do but despite devices being able to find the network nothing can connect to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                  Give us an example of how he's a nutjob?
                  "the cheapest bailout in the world"

"deposit flight...I don't see that as a danger. Ireland is an island"
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                    ive been looking for something like that for so long,
                    im amazed!
                    surely it shouldnt be free!!
                    it's an excellent piece of kit.
                    I'd use it daily
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                      is there a way to reset your wireless settings with the router you get off upc? dunno what i've managed to do but despite devices being able to find the network nothing can connect to it.
                      open up the run file in the start menu

type in "cmd" to bring up the command screen

type in "ipconfig/release"

type in "ipconfig/renew"

should do the trick

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        connect to it with an ethernet cable, enter 192.168.1.1 / 192.168.1.254 as the address in Firefox/Chrome.

Default is Username - admin , password - password.

Comment

Give us an example of how he's a nutjob?
                          Every time he sees a corner he wants to turn it.

Comment

Anyone else think Berry is high on Ballydoyle's list as no.1?
                            Surely now Oxx has Murtagh back it opens a gap for Berry to leave with no ill feeling.

Oxx didnt rule out Berry riding for him either though saying he may just go free lance.

http://www.irishracing.com/v5newsitem?prid=49229
                            Not a chance imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                              connect to it with an ethernet cable, enter 192.168.1.1 / 192.168.1.254 as the address in Firefox/Chrome.

Default is Username - admin , password - password.
                              yeah i've been using that page, probably how i messed it up in the first place.

any time i try to change anything i just keep getting:

Error converting one or more entries:

TRY AGAIN
                              also some how the name of the network changed to

_SES_28029
                              from the upcxxxxxxxx

Just let me go back to the days of msdos plz.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                  Holy mother of god at Michael Vick last night, just caught up on it this morning.

Was actually like a computer game at times, the opening plays of the first two quarters were just insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p1IbKklePk
                                  that last one was just amazing.
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Was kinda hoping more along the lines of dissecting chickens to divine bond market prices
                                    not as crazy as it sounds; there's actually an entire science devoted to deciphering asset price charts

which is pretty much the same thing as reading chicken entrails imo

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                      I have to commend the Gardai on the camera plan.They're giving the punter a choice,speed in dangerous areas and we'll fine you.
                                      Those are only for the private scameras though. It's important to remember that the gardai can still do a speed check on any road they like.
                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                        Just can't see it happening Aya. Don't think Berry has enough experience at this stage. He's ok in Ireland (prob in top 5) but internationally he wouldn't be rated that highly. Ryan Moore would be the first choice imo, but it would be hard to pry him from Stoute as he has a young family and obv lives in Eng.

I'm going to guess that Fallon gets it again or possibly the job is split between Heffernan and O'Donoghue.
                                        Its said R.Moore turned it down as far back as late August and it was then offered to Hughes but again family in and out of the yard made him turn it down. Just can't see Fallon returning(thought I adore the man) at this stage he would only have 2 years to offer them at the highest level. Having said that maybe thats enough time to groom a new top young jockey, not likely that it'll be Joseph as he is still growing and weight will be a massive problem for him.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                          http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1116/ballycotton.html

I was just reading about it. Awful.
                                          The one who I feel worst for is the mother/wife. What a way to have your life ruined.
                                          Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Its said R.Moore turned it down as far back as late August and it was then offered to Hughes but again family in and out of the yard made him turn it down. Just can't see Fallon returning(thought I adore the man) at this stage he would only have 2 years to offer them at the highest level. Having said that maybe thats enough time to groom a new top young jockey, not likely that it'll be Joseph as he is still growing and weight will be a massive problem for him.
                                            I've heard in the not too distant future that Aidan O Brien plans to leave Ballydoyle to begin his own training operation.

Wachman is being lined up to continue training for Coolmore at Ballydoyle

Comment

Soumillon is a worthy favourite at the minute I think. Colm O' Donoghue has had more opportunities from Ballydoyle this year and has delivered, perhaps there could be a situation whereby Soumillon rides many of them, and the big weekend runners, with C'OD filling in whenever Soumillon is absent.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                I've heard in the not too distant future that Aidan O Brien plans to leave Ballydoyle to begin his own training operation.

that'd be like Ferguson leaving Man U

he'll have to carried out

Comment

I wonder if they would try the Aga Khan approach and just get someone for each country? Heffernan would do fine for Ireland, Soumillion for France and Fallon for England (or possibly Moore if it was only England) .

All the papers at the weekend were stating that Murtagh wasn't riding out in O'Briens for some time (Kinane admitted the same when he left) so they wouldn't need anyone 'full time'.

I heard from a pretty reliable source that they were unhappy that Johnny was giving out too much information from the yard and thats why he wasn't riding out anymore down there (could be shit but who knows).

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm-q8F4t74g&feature=share[/ame]

Comment

Rep of Ireland XI to play Norway: Given, Kelly, O'Shea, O'Dea, Cunningham; Lawrence, Fahey, Whelan, Duff; Long, Doyle

No Coleman or Wilson =

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post

What incentive has APO'B to do this? It will cost him a fortune in set up costs, and at the minute he has superb facilities and fantastic owners. I have no doubt he has aa very lucrative deal, consisting of salary+percentages+bonuses+stallion nominations, so it would be very odd indeed imo if he went out on his own.

Also, Wachman hasn't delivered as expected in his training career. This rumour was doing the rounds 4/5 years ago, but I would be shocked if it happened now.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                          Those are only for the private scameras though. It's important to remember that the gardai can still do a speed check on any road they like.
                                                          I know the privitisation of the speed cameras in England was a disaster alright.Didn't it turn out to be a licence to print money? I think that's the mistake they're trying to avoid by putting the locations up.

Pretty much saying "look,this is not to make a profit".Someone on the radio said that even if it only meant a 2% reduction in road deaths,it would mean an extra 20 people walking around this time year who wouldn't be otherwise.
                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                            Rep of Ireland XI to play Norway: Given, Kelly, O'Shea, O'Dea, Cunningham; Lawrence, Fahey, Whelan, Duff; Long, Doyle

No Coleman or Wilson =
                                                            WTF, I mean playing Duff on the right tells us nothing. We all know what he can do. Give Coleman a chance. I watched the Arsenal game at the weekend and Coleman was probably Evertons best player.

Unless, Traps gona bring him on at half time and gives him 45 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                              WTF, I mean playing Duff on the right tells us nothing. We all know what he can do. Give Coleman a chance. I watched the Arsenal game at the weekend and Coleman was probably Evertons best player.

Unless, Traps gona bring him on at half time and gives him 45 mins.
                                                              Duff is on the left, Lawrence on the right.

Coleman or Foley should be our RB imo.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                I wonder if they would try the Aga Khan approach and just get someone for each country? Heffernan would do fine for Ireland, Soumillion for France and Fallon for England (or possibly Moore if it was only England) .

All the papers at the weekend were stating that Murtagh wasn't riding out in O'Briens for some time (Kinane admitted the same when he left) so they wouldn't need anyone 'full time'.

I heard from a pretty reliable source that they were unhappy that Johnny was giving out too much information from the yard and thats why he wasn't riding out anymore down there (could be shit but who knows).
                                                                Ya I had a pint in Listowel with some bookies who were able to tell me Murtagh hadnt even been to Ballydoyle since early August.

@ Howard I've heard that very same rumour but find it hard to believe he would give up being able to operate with money being no object and the massive backing he gets from Coolmore. Unless family connections dictate Wachman gets it but I can't imagine Coolmore being into nepotism over money.

Comment

Dick Roche appears to have confirmed that the bailout is imminent ('tomorrow')

after spending the weekend denying it, the traitorous cunt

Comment

Duff is on the left, Lawrence on the right.

Coleman or Foley should be our RB imo.
                                                                    Oops, meant Lawrence obv.

Foley RB and Coleman RM would be best imo. Both playing premiership football week in week out.

Comment

I am pretty sure that unlike England, the company running the speed cameras in Ireland are on a flat rate so no matter how many people they catch they will be payed the same.

So any of this "Its all a moneymaking con" lark is wrong

Comment

Oops, meant Lawrence obv.

Foley RB and Coleman RM would be best imo. Both playing premiership football week in week out.
                                                                        But that would be a positive move! We are Ireland and run by an Italian, no chance!

Would like to see that too. Hopefully Cunningham is handy and Wilson gets 45 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                          I am pretty sure that unlike England, the company running the speed cameras in Ireland are on a flat rate so no matter how many people they catch they will be payed the same.

This is correct.

Comment

Cowen about to make Dail statement

squeaky bum time

Comment

This is correct.
                                                                              Thank you but shouldn't you be in bed? Your services to WW will be required later.

Comment

Ok, I hereby call for a banning of the C word. Can it be coded to C**t I found myself nearly using the word yesterday irl and I'm not one for the swearing generally.

You fuckrs have ruined me.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  Dick Roche appears to have confirmed that the bailout is imminent ('tomorrow')

after spending the weekend denying it, the traitorous cunt
                                                                                  Will this affect the €/$ market? Worth a punt?
                                                                                  One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                    Ok, I hereby call for a banning of the C word.
                                                                                    'Cork'?

fair enough imo

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                      Ok, I hereby call for a banning of the C word. Can it be coded to C**t I found myself nearly using the word yesterday irl and I'm not one for the swearing generally.

You fuckrs have ruined me.
                                                                                      How about FML? I used that in real life,is that wrong of me? I mean just saying the letters.

Comment

But that would be a positive move! We are Ireland and run by an Italian, no chance!

Would like to see that too. Hopefully Cunningham is handy and Wilson gets 45 mins.
                                                                                        I dont see the point in playing JOS centre back either. Id play him on the left and bring Wilson into the middle.

Steven Reid deserves a call back also.

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
                                                                                          Will this affect the €/$ market? Worth a punt?
                                                                                          everything's 'worth a punt'

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post

Yes they are on an hourly rate, but they are told by the gov't where to set up the cameras (ie the 'blackspots'). Some of these 'blackspots' are laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              everything's 'worth a punt'

Raoul Duke,putting the pun in Punt.

Comment

ah ffs, i haven't sorted out my foreign account yet!

Comment

I dont see the point in playing JOS centre back either. Id play him on the left and bring Wilson into the middle.

Steven Reid deserves a call back also.
                                                                                                  A old experienced head like JOS in the center is perfect for international football. These days he is useless going forward from left back so that suits.

I think Wilson playing defensive mid should be given a go. Whelan and Andrews do not start for their clubs anymore so something has to change in he middle. Reid is retired. Pity McCarthy got injured would have liked to have seen him play 90 mins.

Comment

Thank you but shouldn't you be in bed? Your services to WW will be required later.
                                                                                                    I will try nap or something in a min.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                      Yes they are on an hourly rate, but they are told by the gov't where to set up the cameras (ie the 'blackspots'). Some of these 'blackspots' are laughable.

if paid an hourly rate what happens the "surplus" funds collected...

Comment

I know the privitisation of the speed cameras in England was a disaster alright.Didn't it turn out to be a licence to print money? I think that's the mistake they're trying to avoid by putting the locations up.

Pretty much saying "look,this is not to make a profit".Someone on the radio said that even if it only meant a 2% reduction in road deaths,it would mean an extra 20 people walking around this time year who wouldn't be otherwise.
                                                                                                        The private cameras are supposedly paid a per hour rate rather than a per detection rate so there should be no incentive for the company to detect a higher number of offenders.... UNLESS their contract with the government specifies a quota.
                                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

How about FML? I used that in real life,is that wrong of me? I mean just saying the letters.
                                                                                                          I've said "vapourise my existence with a space based lazer" IRL after having read someone use that phrase when watching the football.
                                                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                                                                            if paid an hourly rate what happens the "surplus" funds collected...
                                                                                                            The people who have the contract to operate the vans are paid a flat rate (I've heard €65m but I don't know how long that is for). All the fines collected go to revenue.

Comment

yes unless you are a 15 year old girl and only on this site for some reverse grooming

Comment

Also, Veolia are a shower of fleabags after hitting me with a Standard Fare Notice for forgetting to tag on. If this month could get any worse.....
                                                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

perfectly ok as you are ghey.

Comment

I heard all the speed cameras in donegal have burnt out already.

Comment

they'll wait until the European markets close today and then issue a statement

Biffo should then take a walk down O'Connell Street and hang himself from the flagpole at the GPO. If he doesn't want to, I'm sure there'll be plenty of concerned citizens who will assist.

All Heil our German overlords

Comment

Wouldn't actually mind having a few Germans in charge, PS would surely be shitting themselves at this!

Ireland = Biffo, overweight, indulgent, needs to cut the fat badly before it has a heart attack
                                                                                                                        Germany = Gollum, 0% body fat, not pretty to look at, but will literally never die

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                          The people who have the contract to operate the vans are paid a flat rate (I've heard €65m but I don't know how long that is for). All the fines collected go to revenue.

isn't that a money making exercise then. I notice some of the cameras in our area will be on a 60km speed limit on a dual carriage way road where fcuk all accidents happen but easy fines will be generated.

Speed cameras are supposed to save lives not raise funds for an already fcuked economy

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X