X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    that^^ actually is a bit freaky imo
    I have a vision of you and McWilliams standing on Hellfire Hill playing the fiddle as Ireland burns.

Anyway if the old dears pensions are not being touched I forsee a granny bashing epidemic breakout early next year.
    You heard it here 1st.
    *now if McWilliams prints this tomorrow that will be freaky.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      HEM question

Is there any way of adding players to your buddy list just using holdem manager?
      the table scanner add on has a buddy list function..
      from HEM you add them to the HEM buddy list (not your skin) and when the table scanner runs it shows what tables they are at.. i think

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          HEM question

Is there any way of adding players to your buddy list just using holdem manager?
          http://www.google.co.uk/

Comment

Hi David McWilliams. We know you're reading.

If you could somehow include CHD in your next article, we will continue feeding you information.

Something like having the first three words being C** H***** D***.

Or you could call people cunts, we'd get it then.

Comment

can anyone give cliffs on what the hell happened to get CHD banned a few days ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                Going to need a citation from McWilliams on his claim "all the big boys have had their money out ages ago". Although suspect he just randomly made it up.
                duh, he's obviously referring to me
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Got my new 30" monitor up and running. Its ridiculous! 12 good size tables or 16 smallish fit no bother. 22" on the side for consulting HM etc. Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                      can anyone give cliffs on what the hell happened to get CHD banned a few days ago?
                      SPOILER

Comment

So this is what 11.30am looks like. I dont like it.

Comment

Clearly changes the tenor of his argument though. He gives the impression that 'all the rich have done it, do you want to be left behind?' When that clearly isn't the case. And it's quite a destructive argument to make for the economy, especially if its just been made up. Not least because it embodies of sense of ongoing panic which makes people less likely to invest and help the economy grow.
                          are you saying he's not entitled to an opinion?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                              this facebook status update going around is probably the saddest one Ive read yet.
                              ok I'm finally with Raoul now, we are fucked. wtf sigh

if you pass the NORTH KOREAN border illegally, you get 12 yrs hard labour.If you pass the AFGHAN BORDER illegally, You GET SHOT! But if you pass the IRISH BORDER illegally you get a job, a drivers licence, a place to live, housing benefit, welfare, health care, free education, child benefit...NEED I CARRY ON? THIS COUNTRY'S A ...JOKE!!! PUT THIS AS YOUR STATUS IF YOU AGREE!!... NO WONDER WE ARE A COUNTRY IN DEBT..

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Just saying that he should be responsible in what he says, given the respect with which he is treated. Not too much of a request imo.
                                so leave a comment under the article and say so

his predictive record is pretty good, better than 90% of the twats who pass for 'commentators' in this land

wait until the next set of bank interims come out, the 'retail deposits' notes to the accounts will make fascinating reading

also, AIB senior CDS just went through 1,000bps. Kind of supports my hypothesis (which McW stole )

Comment

so leave a comment under the article and say so

his predictive record is pretty good, better than 90% of the twats who pass for 'commentators' in this land

wait until the next set of bank interims come out, the 'retail deposits' notes to the accounts will make fascinating reading

also, AIB senior CDS just went through 1,000bps. Kind of supports my hypothesis (which McW stole )
                                  Selection Bias.

Remember Paul the Octopus?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AdMMM View Post
                                      All this doom and gloom talk about how we're fucked, followed by some seemingly rational arguments for investing in long-term funds has made my ears perk. How much spare cash would you want to approach these banks with and not have them laugh in your face? I notice that IrishLife mention €100 is the minimum for their long-term savings plan per month which would be good news for me but could afford more than that if I could convince myself it would do wonders for me later in life!
                                      the utility of that money is going to be far greater for you now though than in later life.

Comment

Comment

I've been trying to catch up with the BBV since about 5pm yesterday and I'm still 5 pages behind.

I have read the entire Emmet vs Ace fiasco thread though.

The last couple of days seem to have been pretty depressing between IPBers angle-shooting other IPBers, the end is nigh financial posts and epic Deepstack game dropout rates.

In the spirit of goodwill and lols which seems to have been somewhat missing lately, here's Chris Kamara:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8gKmQ6Hrro[/ame]

Comment

Fairly certain this is wrong, but not sure why
                                            you like Werthers Originals?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                              Thanks for your help.....i tried google first and it was as much use as you

Comment

Fairly certain this is wrong, but not sure why
                                                Pretty sure it depends on the interest rate and your discounted preference for money defined by the Euler Equation, something like,

u'(C1)=B(1+R)u'(C2)

I think this is along the lines of the answer, its been a while though so I can't remember really and its probably a simplified version of it,

so PL isn't wrong to say utility of income isn't always more important in the present, but it can become less important depending on the opportunity cost of not saving etc

Comment

Permanent income hypothesis yo

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                                    Pretty sure it depends on the interest rate and your discounted preference for money defined by the Euler Equation, something like,

u'(C1)=B(1+R)u'(C2)

I think this is along the lines of the answer, its been a while though so I can't remember really and its probably a simplified version of it,

so PL isn't wrong to say utility of income isn't always more important in the present, but it can become less important depending on the opportunity cost of not saving etc
                                                    Nerd

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                      Just shipped an iPhone through work.

What are the best apps to get?

Is it worth getting the TomTom sat nav app or would I be better buying a sat nav?
                                                      Get iBooks app. Then get torrent '1001 books to read before you die'. Load into itunes. Doesnt need to be jailbroken. Excellent for bedtime reading.
                                                      Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by 72zero View Post
                                                        I went out on Sunday night for a few beers to numb the head after all the live pokers in the Maldron. Ended up getting pretty drunk after long Island Ice teas, jager bombs and whatever else. Cant remember how but tripped or something going down the stairs in Whelan's. Woke up on the floor with my neck twisted against the wall and a bouncer over me telling me not to move. My head was pumping blood. I didn't really know what the fuck was going on. Told him to get the fuck off me and called him a name or 2. He got it through to me in the end.

An ambulance arrived, they strapped me into a stretcher and put a neck brace on. By this stage I was having a mini meltdown thinking "oh fuck, you've really done it this time". Was rushed to hospital and brought straight in to the ER. All a bit blurry here but as the doctor put it "I was less than charming". I can only imagine how much of a spanner I was.

After all of the tests and x-rays I was brought into a room for the night. I tried forcing my way out in my drunken state. They had to fully strap me into the bed. I wasn't happy with this at all. Kept telling them I was fine and to let me go home. Had to put the poker face on and tell them "ok ok I'll be good sorry" etc. As soon as they left and the coast was clear I unstrapped myself and legged it. I remember hiding whenever I saw someone coming my way but made it out and jumped a taxi home. WTF was I at like?!!

Anyway went back yesterday and had to wait in A&E for 13 hours before I was seen to at 5am this morning or so. X-rays came back and no breaks thank feck. Just bruised and battered all over. Worst is the deep cut going from my forehead to the top of my head about 3 inches long. Getting stitches on the noggin aint the nicest experience. Haven't had a proper look yet but I'm told it'll leave a nice scar. Could have been a hell of a lot worse and I consider it some serious run good that it wasn't!

I'm some gobshite. It's a wake up call all the same.

Dear Booze

We had some good times, some great times. But everything comes to an end. It's not you, it's me.

Regards
                                                        David

Gonna be missing out on the start of the ftops and probably have to give the ipb game a miss this weekend. I've got a date with my bed, painkillers and a load of films for the week.
                                                        lol you're a disaster.

I remember I pissed all over my gf's bedroom floor when she was asleep in the same room, then realised this the next morning and 'fake-accidentally-spilled' a pint of water on the floor. lol @ her still walking around barefoot because 'its only water'

Comment

the money you've available save when young is going to insignificent compared to when older.

and the enjoyment from it so much higher, i think it's a terrible stage in life to try to be frugal.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                            Got my new 30" monitor up and running. Its ridiculous! 12 good size tables or 16 smallish fit no bother. 22" on the side for consulting HM etc. Nice!
                                                            What resolution is the screen?

Comment

Question.

I've to be up at 4am tomorrow, and probably won't get home until 10pm or so.

Today I slept in until 12.30, so I know theres absolutely no way I'll fall asleep at an early hour like 9pm. Any tips on how to knock myself out for a few hours so I'm not completely bolloxed all day tomorrow? Without use of any drugs would be best

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                the money you've available save when young is going to insignificent compared to when older.

and the enjoyment from it so much higher, i think it's a terrible stage in life to try to be frugal.
                                                                I'm starting to come around to this way of thinking myself. I've nearly always had an AVC and normally the full amount I can put into it. There have been considerable tax benefits from doing so obviously, but at the core of all of that is fear. Fear that I'm going to reach the age at which I want to retire, and I won't be able to because there isn't a sufficient provision to provide a reasonable quality of life.

In some ways it would be ideal to know when you're going to die, because you could plan accordingly. If you knew you were going to make it to 75 or no further for example, then you could work out what you need to retire comfortably. Maybe you retire at 45 instead of 65 in that scenario. As you don't have that information you're left with the fear that when it's too late for you to be able to do anything significant about it you won't have enough money to get by and you'll have a miserable existence.

There's now a growing part of me saying sod it all, lets quit what we're doing, liquefy everything we can and have a ball. Of course if you got 10 years down the line of doing that and ran out of money, how hard would it be to get back into the humdrum monotony of working life?

I'm probably a lotto win away from doing anything about it
                                                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Plough View Post
                                                                  Question.

Today I slept in until 12.30, so I know theres absolutely no way I'll fall asleep at an early hour like 9pm. Any tips on how to knock myself out for a few hours so I'm not completely bolloxed all day tomorrow? Without use of any drugs would be best
                                                                  Do loads of physical exercise now, finish it by like 4, eat continuously until 8 o'clock, have sex, sleep.

Comment

Question.

go and get a massage this evening, preferably somewhere close to where you live.

Comment

Question.

I think melatonin will do the trick - I've never used it myself, but friends have used it to help with insomnia and with avoiding jet lag. not sure whether you'd class it as a drug or not btw

the other alternative is to watch half an hour of nationwide ... I'd be astounded if you're awake after that!

Comment

Question.

I'd say the more you dwell on it the less likely you will get much sleep. But then you try put effort into not dwelling on it which means your kinda still thinking about it. As the sleepless hours pass you'll think ok it's 12am now, ok 4 hours will do, ok 3 and a half hours, 3 hours, fuck 2 hours. Then you'll reach a state of acceptance a 3am and get an hours sleep which probably is worse than staying awake all night.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

If you're going to do exercise to tire yourself, do it early. The initial buzz after exercise, no matter how intense you do it, is the complete opposite of tiredness.
                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

And I'm back up to speed.

Hi lads

Comment

diet wise would eating zero carbs make any difference

Comment

Yup.

If you could eat a real starchy, real puffy, doughy meal just before you go to bed you'll fall asleep much easier. Fat+Carbs=Sleepy response form your body afaik.
                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Drink a glass of luke warm milk 20 mins before bed time.

Comment

From the reverse of it though, having no money when you're young, is so much easier to deal with than having no money when you're much older.

Each coin has two sides and all that...

Comment

that's pretty much how I've lived my life
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Question.

loads of excercise.
                                                                                        Personally I'd have a few spliffs

Comment

From the same guy that brought you Randy Moss "One Clap".

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZVJEeVAnI4[/ame]

Comment

Problem solved...

Neil Delamere, comedian My pet economic theory : We face financial Armageddon. Selling the Book of Kells on the Antiques Roadshow should be a last resort. There is one more thing to try.

We get the Irish Secret Service to scan the population for women good-looking enough to be supermodels. Then – like the KGB did – experts train them in the art of seduction. Every day they get closer to the perfect seductress. They learn the offside rule. They are taught to despise foreplay. They master control of the circulation in their hands and feet so they’re not freezing when they get into the bed. From that group the ultimate temptress is chosen.

Now consider: Mexican tycoon Carlos Slim is worth around $60 billion. And pre-nuptial agreements are not legal in Ireland.

Our agent seduces her target, marries and divorces him here and gives the money to the State. Boom. We’ve just paid for Anglo.
                                                                                            You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Neil Delamere is a fucking mong imo.

Comment

yuck, back with the doom

Bond yields on 10Y now 8.3%, markets have completely lost all confidence in Ireland.
                                                                                                What's even more disturbing is that our yield curve is trending towards inversion (this is a technical term which basically this means it will cost you more to borrow in the short-term than in the long-term, the complete opposite of what you would normally expect), we're not there yet but it looks imminent. Red Flag indicator of the highest order.

this is what happened to Greece before they blew up

Comment

To counter Raoul.

Here's a nice clip about how excellent Ireland is has been.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA6iBKc0O0E[/ame]

Comment

yuck, back with the doom

Bond yields on 10Y now 8.3%, markets have completely lost all confidence in Ireland.
                                                                                                    What's even more disturbing is that our yield curve is trending towards inversion (this is a technical term which basically this means it will cost you more to borrow in the short-term than in the long-term, the complete opposite of what you would normally expect), we're not there yet but it looks imminent. Red Flag indicator of the highest order.

Im pretty sure you have already laid the foundations for the biggest "I told you so" of all time.

Overkill dude

Comment

yuck, back with the doom

obviously long term borrowing is the way to go
                                                                                                      smaller payments over more years means more money in the kitty shortterm and longterm
                                                                                                      the cute paddy has done it again, i mean what other country in the world could get a deal like that..... we can't loose

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

On a lighter note, thoughts about the PWC internal email fiasco?
                                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                          disappointed I never received the mail from anyone.

Shocked that anybody would trust that they could do something like this on a permanent record and expect nothing to happen. It never ceases to amaze me how many otherwise smart people can be so stupid about what they do in a working envoirnment.

edit: Says he in all seriousness while posting on a gambling site from his work laptop during working hours
                                                                                                          Last edited by Iago; 10-11-10, 14:16.

Comment

cliffs?

Comment

Wow, John Hayes starting this weekend.

What an absolute disaster

Comment

there was a uk one a few years ago that was laid out on a spreadsheet in a cup knockout format with the girls pictures whereby you'd pick the winner of a head to head until you get to a final and find a winner.

Now those people deserve credit for showing creativity, initiative and ability on excel.

The crowd from PWC deserve the sack Bill Cullen style
                                                                                                                You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

yuck, back with the doom

Remind me why the current speculative price matters a damn when we are not borrowing for the next 6 months?
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                    Wow, John Hayes starting this weekend.

What an absolute disaster
                                                                                                                    I'd drop Healy.
                                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I'd drop Healy.
                                                                                                                      He has been dropped. Hayes plays the other side of the scrum.

Court and Ross were the obvious starters imo

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        Remind me why the current speculative price matters a damn when we are not borrowing for the next 6 months?
                                                                                                                        strewelpeter is brian lenihan imo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                          cliffs?
                                                                                                                          - Couple of lads put together an email with pictures of what they think are the top 10 hottest employees in the Dublin PWC office (most of the girls are recent graduates / associates)
                                                                                                                          - Forward around the office
                                                                                                                          - It leaks
                                                                                                                          - Now a national news story

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X