X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
      Well, its a tough one on the first one. Essentially I also believe we will tap the EFSF - and obv that's what the bond prices are telling us at the moment, but think there's a bit of hype in the market that might settle down if the budget passes and Germany stops mentioning that nasty word 'haircut'!

Was thinking we've maybe a 20% chance of not having to turn to EFSF, so something along those lines converted into odds???
      would ya ever feck off

you're already going to take 200 off me on our in-running bet
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tremolo1 View Post
          PTR could be used aswell. Only luckbox's do well in donkaments
          ah cash games are for donks who cant play preflop poker

Comment

We could get some more student bashings from riot police in England. Live on Sky News
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
              no disrespect to Gholi but its only the 10th and he's had 1 big scoop and a couple of smaller ones (maybe they were last month?) - and did some guy called david not scoop big twice already this month?

and Im sure the winners of JP WSOP would have a say

what about Sean Prenderville? maybe that was last month

Anyway no point in deciding until the end of the month

edit - also you'd have to make it realitive. Player A winning 5k may not be the same as player B winning 5k
              so it'd just be who scooped the donkaments that month?

Comment

Was that a bit cheeky?! What odds were you thinking?
                something realistic

it was only a few weeks ago that you were pooh-poohing my suggestions that we were broke. Surely you can't have done a massive U-turn in that time?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                  lol, I scored one of the hottest birds in PwC when I was on work placement there a good few years ago. Wonder if she was on the list? Note: not a shameless brag, I was like 'eh wat, are you sure?' as it was goin' on!
                  IPB player of the month. No need to look further.

Danny Diamond should get a lifetime achievement for shagging Andrea Coor , in which case I waana be a hall of famer for doing Britney and Sandra Bullock.

Comment

all the cash game dude coming down hard on the tourney players

Comment

Comment

I don't equate us going to a different funding source to us being broke. There isn't that big a question mark over our long-term ability to repay imo, and that's what being broke really is. Cash-poor yeah, but not broke.

And on a similar but opposite point, you now seem a little less certain that we're actually going to use the EFSF?
                        I'll take 1/2

400 to win 200 (which would leave us all square )

Comment

I welcome a new currency, it will be an opportunity to place the face of the great Ronney Drew on our monies, to remember a time when scalywags where in full flow
                          but the pint of plain was always there in Bagga street of a Frida and it flowed until Leeson street, then you'd take the light railling to a taxi and home.
                          Then lie on till Saturda noon and off to watch the rugby, then on to drink in Sam Sara to eye up the posh burds and later get a roide outa the desperat wans in coppers.
                          How abou this Frida, all gluem and duem is banned and we all concentrate of a pre-budget piss up. Mcwilliams and Raoul have predicted harsh times ahead, so I vote we bury the two of them alive in a little prank and dig them up Sunday. (wahwahwah) Methinks the wordle will be a brighter place to the pair of them come the morn.

My Dublin

Comment

Comment

for those of you who dont venture outside the BBV tyty

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...045#post191045

Comment

Wouldn't be interested at those odds. As said I think we will use the EFSF, I just don't think its that certain. But definitely think a greater than 50% chance. I'm thinking maybe of whatever the odds are that's halfway between 1/4 and 1/3...
                                well you have certainly changed your tune

500 at 2/5

final offer

Comment

for those of you who dont venture outside the BBV tyty

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...045#post191045
                                  there's other threads?
                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    well you have certainly changed your tune

500 at 2/5

final offer
                                    Raoul Duke's second job imo.

Hello Mr Banker!

In other news, I just picked up Red Dead Redemption and Black Ops. There goes my November

Comment

Is there a way to filter the players in HEM by the numbers of hands I have on them?

Want to go back through teh hands of the most frequent regs I play against. (*all their hands, not just their hands v me)

Cheers.
                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Go to "players" on the left side
                                        Set the date filters, site filter, and minimum hands filters...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                          What are the implications for peoples' debts with the Irish banks in the case they go busto lads?

Does anything about the current situation make it a good time to borrow if you can get the facility?
                                          It must be good news if nobody wants to talk about it...

Comment

no disrespect to Gholi but its only the 10th and he's had 1 big scoop and a couple of smaller ones (maybe they were last month?) - and did some guy called david not scoop big twice already this month?

and Im sure the winners of JP WSOP would have a say

what about Sean Prenderville? maybe that was last month

Anyway no point in deciding until the end of the month

edit - also you'd have to make it realitive. Player A winning 5k may not be the same as player B winning 5k
                                            Pretty sure Gholi doesn't want to blow his own trumpet, but he's up almost $30k in the last 4-5 weeks which is pretty sweet, so it's not just the 1 big score.

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                            Is there a way to filter the players in HEM by the numbers of hands I have on them?

Want to go back through teh hands of the most frequent regs I play against. (*all their hands, not just their hands v me)

Cheers.
                                            On the left hand side it on the main screen, it says "Players" and the number of unique players you have in your database. Once you click on that, you can see how many hands on each player, and filter it by 6 max/number of hands etc

Comment

Comment

Comment

PWC women's photos splattered across the front cover of tonights evening herlad city final.

Who needs privacy when you've the Evening Herald.

Those lads are fucked! That's another 17 on the scratcher!
                                                  You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Beat: Meeting the GF in town for Awear Birthday do.
                                                    Poss Brag: tons of free drink...I think.
                                                    Who am I kidding, there is no brag here
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                      It must be good news if nobody wants to talk about it...
                                                      Even if the bank was wound down, your debt would just be sold on and you'd still have to repay - without the leniancy the Irish banks have been showing so far! Borrowing loadsa moniez in anticipation of banks disappearing isn't going to work, sorry to say...it is our patriotic duty to repay those bondholders the billions they invested in our failed banks, isn't everyone on the same page yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Cheers.
                                                        There's a "minimum hands" filter on the left hand side of the "players" tab. I think it defaults to 100 hands.
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I'm off to Bang Restaurant on Merrion Row tonight, am suitable hungry and will be more so after a walk in from Milltown...will report back on the morrow!

Quick question though; I am half thinking of going to the Samoa game on Sat afternoon and know there will be loads of tickets available, and very likely to be people outside the stadium willing to sell their extra tickets at below face value...I've no clue about the laws with regard touting, can I approach sellers and offer them any price I choose below the printed price on the tickets? I'd really expect to get the tickets for half price, given that there should be loads of extra tickets bought at part of the two-game packages that people don't particularly want...

Comment

Any recommendations for getting custom hoodies made up? Have a design in mind but it doesn't seem like the sites google are throwing up are what i want. Want a site I can design a contrast hoodie on, but no one of the ones that seem to offer them allow you to do a preview online

Comment

Laws on ticket touts are like laws on littering. Everyone who does it gets away with it / Pretty much ignored.

Offer them whatever you want, keep it low though, I imagine there's a huge surplus of tickets. Would also guess you might snag a freebie if you keep your ears open

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                Beat: Meeting the GF in town for Awear Birthday do.
                                                                Poss Brag: tons of free drink...I think.
                                                                Who am I kidding, there is no brag here
                                                                Should be choc full of eye candy if your GF doesn't mind you having a letch.
                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                  Any recommendations for getting custom hoodies made up? Have a design in mind but it doesn't seem like the sites google are throwing up are what i want. Want a site I can design a contrast hoodie on, but no one of the ones that seem to offer them allow you to do a preview online
                                                                  most wont.
                                                                  Have you got the design?
                                                                  It'd be pretty easy to preview from there
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                    Should be choc full of eye candy if your GF doesn't mind you having a letch.
                                                                    yeah, somehow I cant see that being a runner
                                                                    McDaids/Bruxelles I'm thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                                                                      PWC women's photos splattered across the front cover of tonights evening herlad city final.

Guess there will be lots splattered over the herald tonight as a result tonight

Comment

Am heading away travelling around SE Asia next june for 3-6 months.

Can anyone tell me how do I go about getting an open return ticket? I plan on staying the full 6 months, but I'd like to know what happens if I don't want to and come home earlier. Booking two seperate one way flights works out wayy more expensive obv, so just wondering if anyone has done the open return ticket option.
                                                                        NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Here's the front of the Herald. What a let down, no one stunner in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attac...1&d=1289409411
                                                                            Pfffffffft totally agree,dont see what all the fuss is about at all.

they are certainly not worth national news,i prob wouldn't even talk about them in the local pub.

Comment

+1
                                                                              Would like to see what order they were placed in though!
                                                                              NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

...

Comment

Q for the all-conquering bbv!

Im in hospital for over a week now (and pretty goddam sick of it btw). I asked a nurse while ago if I can slip out for a couple of hours to watch the Manchester derby game on sky tonite, as sky is non existant in here. She said to say nothing and just slip away

Question is, does anyone in the bbv know that if I down a few beers while watching the match, will alcohol still show up in my blood tomorrow morning? They are doing blood tests each morning monitering different levels, and in fairness, id be fcuked if the doc came back to me tomorrow evening wanting to know how alcohol was in the blood?

If theres someone out there that is knowledgable on this subject, if I had my last pint at 10pm, will it show up in blood tests taken about 9am tomorrow morning?

Connie

Comment

How does it qualify as sexism?

Student protests in London turn violent.
                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

They look fine enough!

Although seems kind of wrong for the Herald to publish their pics though.

gl to the lads seeking work after this! Is it known whether it is only people who forwarded the email who are being fired, or is it even people who just received and read the email?

would be very hard to sack someone just for reading an email, especially if they subject of the email wasn't obviously about it.

Comment

Originally posted by teddie View Post
                                                                                        here's the front of the herald. What a let down, no one stunner in them.

2,9,10,8,3,7,1,4,6,5.

Comment

They look fine enough!

Although seems kind of wrong for the Herald to publish their pics though.

gl to the lads seeking work after this! Is it known whether it is only people who forwarded the email who are being fired, or is it even people who just received and read the email?
                                                                                          I agree it's a bit wrong to publish the photo's as front page news. Print media are droppin to new lows to try and stem their decline imo.

No way you can get in trouble for receiving it. It's the act of forwarding the mail that causes the issue.
                                                                                          You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

anyone know anywhere i can buy levis jeans at an affordable price in town? (i.e. 50/60 euro)

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post

Im in hospital for over a week now (and pretty goddam sick of it btw). I asked a nurse while ago if I can slip out for a couple of hours to watch the Manchester derby game on sky tonite, as sky is non existant in here. She said to say nothing and just slip away

Question is, does anyone in the bbv know that if I down a few beers while watching the match, will alcohol still show up in my blood tomorrow morning? They are doing blood tests each morning monitering different levels, and in fairness, id be fcuked if the doc came back to me tomorrow evening wanting to know how alcohol was in the blood?

If theres someone out there that is knowledgable on this subject, if I had my last pint at 10pm, will it show up in blood tests taken about 9am tomorrow morning?

Connie
                                                                                                Connie you scamp.

Depends on how much you drink, but its very likely given you've been in hospital for a week that they will see even the slightest deviation in your blood alcohol levels.

Why not just ask the nurse would it be ok for you to have a pint or two?
                                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

@ Connie147, 2 hrs per pint roughly speaking but don't go mad!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                                                    How does it qualify as sexism?

Student protests in London turn violent.
                                                                                                    NUS president Aaron Porter said a small minority of protesters had 'hijacked' the march, describing the violence as 'despicable'.
                                                                                                    He said the violence was not part of the organisers' plans, blaming the trouble on a 'small minority' he believed had arranged it beforehand.
                                                                                                    Seems familiar

Comment

hmm.. think i recognise one of them herald girls
                                                                                                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Think I do too, but they are fairly generic looking. They didn't print names too did they?

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post

not all will be sacked - the 3 main guys will probably get the sack but not the others, cause lets face it - they just received an email and then someone forwarded it on with their addresss - hardly their fault.

They are all senior associates - would that mean that would be fairly high up or how does it work in ther?

Comment

I think 3 is the winner. 3-10-2- meh
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                              not all will be sacked - the 3 main guys will probably get the sack but not the others, cause lets face it - they just received an email and then someone forwarded it on with their addresss - hardly their fault.

They are all senior associates - would that mean that would be fairly high up or how does it work in ther?
                                                                                                              does shadowless post here anymore? i saw he had a piece in the campus mag about what he's doing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                Think I do too, but they are fairly generic looking. They didn't print names too did they?
                                                                                                                Names are in the email. PM me email addy and I can forward it on.

Comment

Connie,I doubt they'd be looking at your blood alcohol level in the first place.The most common tests they do are full blood counts,kidney function and such.Depending on what you're in for,maybe a few specific tests to do with prostate or heart or whatever.

Ask a tame nurse would it do you any harm but I doubt it would show up.If drinking is a problem,just ask them for a heap of Valium instead.Happy days.
                                                                                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post

Connie
                                                                                                                    fk it Connie, PM 72 he'll show you how to deal with those cnuts. see if you can get your hands on a scissors in case they strap you in. Long Island ice teas will give you the strength . Fking doctors and their do goodies ways waste everyones time so they do

Comment

GIRLS

Comment

...

Comment

Seriously wtf are the Herald at plastering the girls photos all over the front page ? I would think the girls involved are embarrassed enough about the whole thing without seeing their mugs on the front page of the paper. Gutter tabloid journalism at its worst!

Opr

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X