Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just headed out for a quiet game of beer pong yesterday and it ended up being the most bizzare night i've in years. bit unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      what about dressing like me?
      I dont understand either the love of Shatner or Boston legal so I cant really comment.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
        I just watched the 6th episode and I was bored out of my mind. Slick production and good acting or not, it's just not very good, it's boring. Al Capone buying steaks and talking emotionally about his deaf son? GTFO.
        Boardwalk Empire has some of its best moments telling parables
        So after Chalky’s monologue about his dad, Jimmy’s in “Nights In Ballygran,” and Capone’s in that one concerned his son is being “punished for the shit I done,” all tie into the tapestry brilliantly. They all tell us more about the character and what drives them
        Dont forget that scene started with Jimmy thinking al had come to kill him after Jimmy exposed Al's fake war stories.
        Try ignoring the single trees and appreciating the woods as a whole every know and then.

BE and Rubicon show how tv dram can be sublime without a car chase/explosion every 20 seconds
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

just headed out for a quiet game of beer pong yesterday and it ended up being the most bizzare night i've in years. bit unexpected.
          Details please.
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Has anyone got a link to documentation outlining the cost of living in various places globally? I've been looking on google but outside of Mercer paid reports I can't find anything definitive.
            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
              Important Question

Never mind all the other shit, need to get this sorted.

Christmas night out in town for about 25 people. Preferable somewhere that we could stay on after the meal for a few drinks (decent bar food acceptable). Prob a Thur/Fri night. Not looking for a five course job with champagne.

Salamanca would be my own preference but don't think you can stay there or if you'd want to, but thats the kind of thing I'm looking for if you catch my drift (ie reasonable enough).

Thanks.
              Darwins on Aungier Street is the best steak house in Dublin, kicked Shannahans ass in awards recently. Food is spectacular, ambience brill, staff amazing, prices reasonable etc. Across the road is the Capital Bar for late night drinks (and pre meal drinks) - good age range in there.
              One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                Details please.
                ha, definitely not

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  Who did that u luckbox?
                  Lucky Jim

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                    Lucky Jim
                    He just wants league points!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      If she's into brassers and getting stoned, take her to Amsterdam. If you want her to think that the present is for her and not for you, take her to Rome
                      However, if you take her to Amsterdam on 5th December for the Sinterclaus parade you will deffo get away with it, strange traditions, parades, christmasy etc.
                      An added bonus and little known fact is Dutch tradition has Santy's helper as Black Peter who is a gollywog character so Amsterdam is FULL of people dressed in blackface going mental while you trip off your balls.
                      Excellent weekend and would heartily recomend it.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Solksjaer you legend!! He'll be back at some stage!
                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          An added bonus and little known fact is Dutch tradition has Santy's helper as Black Peter who is a gollywog character so Amsterdam is FULL of people dressed in blackface going mental while you trip off your balls.
                          Ah Zwart Pete. How fucking odd is that whole thing!

Comment

Solskjaer gone back to Norway

Originally posted by Manutd.com
                            Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will return to Norway to take up the managerial post at one of his old clubs, Molde FK.

Speculation about the former striker's future has been rife over the past week. Sir Alex said on Tuesday: "Ole's accepted the position in Molde and he leaves with our best wishes. He's been a fantastic servant, and he's contributed to the development of our young players.

"I think that his career as an outstanding professional footballer gave him a foundation to get into coaching. He's had a great introduction with our reserves and this is the right time for Ole to take up his first managerial position. Ole will do well at Molde FK and we wish him all the best for the future."

Solskjaer, who scored 126 goals during his 11 seasons as a player at Old Trafford, was forced to retire in 2007 after a long struggle with a knee injury. He then moved into a coaching role, initially working with the club's strikers before taking the reigns of the reserve team (with assistance from Warren Joyce) in summer 2008.

In that role, Solskjaer has won the Premier Reserves League North title, the Premier Reserves League play-off and both the Lancashire and Manchester Senior Cups.

Now, though, he is eyeing success at first-team level, at the club where he spent two years as a player before joining United.

"He feels it's time to go back to Norway," Sir Alex said. "It's a good start for him and I'm sure he'll do well."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qdg_ycNCg8[/ame]
                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBrFlDpQudY[/ame]

And this!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                Goodbye Sweet Prince
                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Rubicon was weird.
                                  Compulsive viewing even though I kind of kind of knew what was going to happen next at every step along the way. Most of the time it felt like there was really only 6 episodes of material in it and they were dragging it out yet they finished it off fairly suddenly and with too many loose ends. I'm still a bit confused about the end was it meant to be a cliff hanger for the next season or what and
                                  SPOILER
                                  who was the neighbour working for Were we told and I missed it or what ? I mean obv David had her stashed away but she wasn't on her own

Some of the characters especially the bad guys seemed poorly drawn and there were massive holes in their motivation.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

ha, definitely not
                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

BBV Help

A friend of mine got a harassing text of an unfamiliar O2 mobile number. Is there anyway of finding out who it is or tracing the number?

The voicemail hasn’t been setup and it doesn’t ring so there’s a chance a sim might have been purchased for the sole purpose of sending the text.

To say I’m not happy about the whole thing is an understatement

Can anyone help?
                                      You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                        Can everyone stop changing their f£%^*%g names!

Now, onto the business of the day. I have an American friend in Belgium who is coming over tomorrow. However, her sister (who I've never met) is in Europe for a month and could only get the early flight over here meaning she is in my charge from 11am til 10pm when her sis gets here.
                                        Basically wtf do I do with a 25 y.o. Floridian who has never been outside the U.S., in Dublin, in November, in the daytime?
                                        food
                                        free museum/bus tour/Writers drinking tour

O'Donoghue
                                        hang sanger on the Green
                                        Keohe's
                                        McDaids
                                        Grogans (yanks love derelicts)
                                        Brogans

doss around Trinity

Bows on fleet street
                                        Mulligans if you must but dont stay long!
                                        SPOILER
                                        watch the way they clean glasses

small Smitfield pub on corner
                                        then
                                        trad session in the Cobblestone to end

Just figured out why none of my Dubleen career paths worked out

*this tour does tend to cause problems when trying to pick up people from the airport late at night
                                        Last edited by Guest; 09-11-10, 13:41. Reason: *

Comment

what did the text say?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            what did the text say?
                                            "WTF U calling with K9 off u fukkin fish"
                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                                              A friend of mine got a harassing text of an unfamiliar O2 mobile number. Is there anyway of finding out who it is or tracing the number?

The voicemail hasn’t been setup and it doesn’t ring so there’s a chance a sim might have been purchased for the sole purpose of sending the text.

Can anyone help?

would/ could you ring the number?

if you do, calm, direct, firm and no swearing
                                              ask what the story is

if they answer and are bluffers it puts the shits right up them

mate of mine was getting harassed by a lesbian bouncer, I rang, claimed to be the boyfriend, told her to stop, it stopped

Comment

Call o2 imo.
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Can anyone help?
                                                  go to an O2 store and explain the situation and see if the phone is registered. Its illegal for them to give you the info but tell the guy behind the counter you just want to make sure its not one of your friends taking a joke too far before you press charges.

worked for me anyway

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                    bollox.
                                                    Reading that thread was like getting bukakked with stupid, on both sides
                                                    I'm inclined to agree with the middle point.
                                                    Surely a decrease in line with the drop in the cost of living is entirely reasonable?

Comment

lol

Comment

Olli Rehn adds eh/deh to every second word.
                                                        His English is better than my non existent German obviously.

Comment

Nusiance text

This is a start...

Mobile phones help us stay connected. But sometimes they can be used for the wrong reasons. People can send inappropriate text, picture or video messages. That’s why we’ve developed ‘Block It’. So if you're getting any nasty messages, now you can do something about it. ‘Block It’ is totally free. So no matter how many numbers you block, it won't cost you a cent.

Set Up Block It
                                                          Block It is easy to set up and use. To get started, just text BLOCK IT START to 50216.

Block A Number
                                                          To block a number, just text the word BLOCK and the number to 50216. This will block all text, picture and video messages from this number. This also means you won't be able to send any messages to this number.
                                                          You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

what did the text say?
                                                            Not a threat if you're asking but was personal and has left a friend very upset

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                              Olli Rehn adds eh/deh to every second word.
                                                              His English is better than my non existent German obviously.
                                                              or your Finnish?
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

from that RTE article:

Mr Rehn paid a courtesy call to Taoiseach Brian Cowen at Government Buildings at around 7.45am this morning.
                                                                Jaysus! who the feck lets Biffo near anyone important at 7.45am? Olli must have been horrified to see him staggering around in his underpants and sweating pure Guinness

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                  I'm inclined to agree with the middle point.
                                                                  Surely a decrease in line with the drop in the cost of living is entirely reasonable?
                                                                  The middle point as to this is their fault?
                                                                  That, I'm afraid is bullshit.
                                                                  We have to remember that we as a nation are quite young and democracy was/is still a new system to the irish psyche. That mindset, WW2, communism, ignorance (on a national level), no infrastructure and good old common greed kept FF in power more than lazy voters. The thing is, the older generation are still much more likely to vote, get organized and protest than the current cynics of our generation.

As for a drop to match deflation, while on paper it seems good, it would never get back in line.

Old people have a god given right to piss themselves, have a few pints and not worry about shit like the tv fucking license. I for one, cant wait to be that old.

Comment

BLACK OPS

[x] Acquired
                                                                    One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
                                                                      BLACK OPS

[x] Acquired
                                                                      going to shop top get it now

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                        from that RTE article:

Jaysus! who the feck lets Biffo near anyone important at 7.45am? Olli must have been horrified to see him staggering around in his underpants and sweating pure Guinness
                                                                        Oli Rehn probably appeared at Cowen's bedside as he was waking up
                                                                        "Time to get up, Herr Cowen, today is the start of your new regime under the IMF. First task, a bowl of Muesli and a 2k jog".
                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

This is a start...

Mobile phones help us stay connected. But sometimes they can be used for the wrong reasons. People can send inappropriate text, picture or video messages. That’s why we’ve developed ‘Block It’. So if you're getting any nasty messages, now you can do something about it. ‘Block It’ is totally free. So no matter how many numbers you block, it won't cost you a cent.

Set Up Block It
                                                                          Block It is easy to set up and use. To get started, just text BLOCK IT START to 50216.

Block A Number
                                                                          To block a number, just text the word BLOCK and the number to 50216. This will block all text, picture and video messages from this number. This also means you won't be able to send any messages to this number.
                                                                          Hitchhiker just had an orgasm.

Comment

Think I'm giving this CoD a miss. Have Fifa 11 to keep me occupied over the Christmas period. Also have Deadrising 2 for all that non-sensical zombie killing goodness to relieve stress caused by the heartbreaking last minute goals scored against me in FIFA!

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                              Oli Rehn probably appeared at Cowen's bedside as he was waking up
                                                                              "Time to get up, Herr Cowen, today is the start of your new regime under the IMF. First task, a bowl of Muesli and a 2k jog".
                                                                              not a bad analogy for the country as a whole

wonder if Olli had the full fry for his brekkie or else a bowl of muesli? he looks like a muesli man to me. Impressive in that press conference btw.

Comment

heh, robbed from the Pin (genius photoshopper over there)

Comment

Ryanair getting in on the jollity

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
                                                                                    BLACK OPS

[x] Acquired
                                                                                    bad company 2 and uncharted two to do me until the xmas bonanza

Comment

by the way, the scary shit in that video of Rehn is at 22.30 where he starts talking about the future direction of Irish tax policy

if we lose low CT, it's back to farming and leprechaun suits

Comment

waterford poker Lol

Comment

Anyone played Black Ops yet? Is it as good as all the hype suggests...may get a copy later.

Comment

by the way, the scary shit in that video of Rehn is at 22.30 where he starts talking about the future direction of Irish tax policy

Like I was saying yesterday. The focus has to be on protecting/creating Employment, the CT can't be increased it's our ticket to survival in the short/long term. They will try to bully us into it but this is where we say GFTO. Even the dimwits in power know this.

Comment

I got my new fancy financial calculator today from Amazon (for CFA)

I whipped it out of the packaging all excited to try out the functions. First thing I notice is that the screen says BAL = 1,227,705,192

So naturally I start pressing buttons to make the damn thing clear and go back to zero, nothing happens. I read through the first chapter of the manual trying to work out what to do. I try all the available function and second function keys. Nothing works, display is stuck. I curse the manufacturer quite heartily.

After 45 minutes I work out that the 'display' is actually a stuck on piece of protective plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                Like I was saying yesterday. The focus has to be on protecting/creating Employment, the CT can't be increased it's our ticket to survival in the short/long term. They will try to bully us into it but this is where we say GFTO. Even the dimwits in power know this.
                                                                                                conclusion: we must move to Sochi and set up that casino\strip club immediately

Comment

I whipped it out of the packaging all excited to try out the functions. First thing I notice is that the screen says BAL = 1,227,705,192

So naturally I start pressing buttons to make the damn thing clear and go back to zero, nothing happens. I read through the first chapter of the manual trying to work out what to do. I try all the available function and second function keys. Nothing works, display is stuck. I curse the manufacturer quite heartily.

After 45 minutes I work out that the 'display' is actually a stuck on piece of protective plastic.
                                                                                                  LOL I'd say you shriek in terror when the missus sez she is off to IKEA.

Comment

conclusion: we must move to Sochi and set up that casino\strip club immediately
                                                                                                    Funny you should say that. Other half said in an email yesterday, how the prospect of moving there is not so redic.
                                                                                                    I still think it's redic but the new year bring that battle to the fore.

Comment

What happened to this is >1% possible from last week. This is exactly what I was afraid of. Damn it could the last one to leave the country please turn off all the lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                        Funny you should say that. Other half said in an email yesterday, how the prospect of moving there is not so redic.
                                                                                                        I still think it's redic but the new year bring that battle to the fore.
                                                                                                        good weather, hot burds (to look at only now that you're a married sap), volatile natives, the home of Stalin, murderous fundamentalists

what's not to like imo. Sounds a bit like Cavan.

Comment

Just aswell you had a trail run before the big day that would have been way more embarassing in the middle of an exam hall or wherever the CFA's are held.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                                            Just aswell you had a trail run before the big day that would have been way more embarassing in the middle of an exam hall or wherever the CFA's are held.
                                                                                                            I'm not doing them until next June. I have the books, the calculator and even a new biro. I also have many excuses not to start studying yet , I haven't really done anything that might remotely class as 'study' since my Leaving Cert

Comment

So the 50 times he explicitly denies having any interest in or power to change CT are irrelevant.
                                                                                                              Sigh!
                                                                                                              The danger to our CT is not that we will be made to raise it, we won't, its that other more competitive locations match it.

Comment

good weather, hot burds (to look at only now that you're a married sap), volatile natives, the home of Stalin, murderous fundamentalists

what's not to like imo. Sounds a bit like Cavan.
                                                                                                                Well it sounds like Drimnagh actually and I only have to visit there once a week.

Here is a snippet of the email exchanges we've been having in the last few weeks. I guess I have her trained well.

She was bored and asked me to entertain her. (Obv doesn't read the BBV) read from bottom to top.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We could introduce new demonstration sports:

Slalom skiing through slope full of hidden landmines (first person to get down in one piece wins)
                                                                                                                Biathlon with Chechen terrorist targets (if you miss your target you're punishable by death by return fire...)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The interview
                                                                                                                Hello, what's your name
                                                                                                                Igor.
                                                                                                                And tell me about yourself Igor
                                                                                                                WHAT WAS THAT?
                                                                                                                oh nothing.
                                                                                                                I HEARD GUNFIRE
                                                                                                                really it was just some fireworks.
                                                                                                                I HEARD GUNFIRE!!!
                                                                                                                Listen Igor you smarmy little fecking git, I've had about enough of your weasling about, we've had it up to here with you fecking cowards. THe 1st little pop and off you run Now sign this . .........GO ON RUN AWAY.
                                                                                                                *lights several cigaettes*

I know, such a drag. The recruitment team must also be made aware of a 20% uplift requirement in numbers to be recruited, basically allowing for a 20% drop off due to resources lost due to terrorist activity

nothing as bloody boring as being murdered.

LOL very good - I must remember to put "dealing with terrorist attack" onto the training curriculum for all volunteers and games staff )

Ve are under attack from chetcin rebels. Please tell all the snowboarders to proceed to area 23. I'll tackle catering and secure the slalom area.
                                                                                                                Looks likes it's shelling like last week, I hope they don't start another avalanche.
                                                                                                                _ _______________

entertain me!

love, wifey

Comment

back to the doom and gloom btw; all the bids on our 10Y debt are over 8% now.
                                                                                                                  Usual rumours of ECB mopping up, yada, yada.

Now for a prediction:

The next major trend to emerge out of this situation will be deposit flight (for the middle classes, all the big boys have had their money out long ago). This is already happening but has managed to stay under the radar. Within the next two months, it will become the hot topic of middle-class consciousness.

watch this space

Comment

The danger to our CT is not that we will be made to raise it, we won't, its that other more competitive locations match it.
                                                                                                                    let's worry about the stuff that is (nominally) under our own control, nothing we can do about other countries tax rates

Comment

The only man who actually knows whats going on does this!!!!!

Run for the hills.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                        The only man who actually knows whats going on does this!!!!!

Run for the hills.
                                                                                                                        if I ran for the hills today, I'd probably fall into the sea

Comment

back to the doom and gloom btw; all the bids on our 10Y debt are over 8% now.
                                                                                                                          Usual rumours of ECB mopping up, yada, yada.

Now for a prediction:

The next major trend to emerge out of this situation will be deposit flight (for the middle classes, all the big boys have had their money out long ago). This is already happening but has managed to stay under the radar. Within the next two months, it will become the hot topic of middle-class consciousness.

watch this space
                                                                                                                          Is there ANY budget speech Lenihan could deliver that would get bids back down to under 6%?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X