This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
    The most important thing with any console is the games imo. The consoles are evenly matched. However, free online play with the PS3 is what shaded it for me.

So what type of games do you like?
    PS3 doesn't have Gears of War or Halo. The most important reason for me to get a console is games. Also the PS3 pad feels like a paper weight and has no force feedback which I do like.

I do love fanboy debates. Dreamcast is still the best console I've owned
    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Bloody hell. Alex Ferguson on Rooney: "The player is adamant. He says he wants to leave. We have to deal the next part in terms of this request."

2.20pm Ferguson is now addressing the 'Rooney wants to leave' stories directly. Again, this from Daniel Taylor:

Fergie: "I feel we have to keep door open, simply because such a good player, and we've done nothing but help him in private life. We're bemused because we can't understand why he would want to leave a club this successful. We don't understand it" #mufc
      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
        Bloody hell. Alex Ferguson on Rooney: "The player is adamant. He says he wants to leave. We have to deal the next part in terms of this request."

2.20pm Ferguson is now addressing the 'Rooney wants to leave' stories directly. Again, this from Daniel Taylor:

Fergie: "I feel we have to keep door open, simply because such a good player, and we've done nothing but help him in private life. We're bemused because we can't understand why he would want to leave a club this successful. We don't understand it" #mufc
        Watching it here on SSN. This is crazy, what is he at?

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
          Dreamcast is still the best console I've owned
          no, n64.
          http://mobro.co/zuroph
          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

How long before gazza turns up with some cans?
            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              edit; what do you do currently Lurker? non-specifically obv. if your bosses are reading!
              Well I can say for definite that my bosses aren't reading

I'm currently unemployed. Graduated over a year ago with a first class masters in finance and can't get a sniff of a job. I should really go to London but can't bring myself to do it.

Problem is I'd much rather head to the US! My only chance of that is the green card lotto so here's hoping. The slave graduate programmes seem to be picking up again over here the past few weeks so hopefully my luck will turn soon.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Depends I suppose on what consoles the majority of your mates have as to online gaming with them was my main consideration.
                Quick google chat survey and all my mates have xbox.

Comment

PS3 doesn't have Gears of War or Halo. The most important reason for me to get a console is games. Also the PS3 pad feels like a paper weight and has no force feedback which I do like.

I do love fanboy debates. Dreamcast is still the best console I've owned
                  God of War, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Heavy Rain, Killzone, Ratchet & Clank, Infamous, Gran Turismo, MAG, Metal Gear etc.

uggh...must back away from fanboy war
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                    get an xbox then
                    Or new friends
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Hope he goes to City so RasTa loafs him one

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                        Well I can say for definite that my bosses aren't reading

I'm currently unemployed. Graduated over a year ago with a first class masters in finance and can't get a sniff of a job. I should really go to London but can't bring myself to do it.

Problem is I'd much rather head to the US! My only chance of that is the green card lotto so here's hoping. The slave graduate programmes seem to be picking up again over here the past few weeks so hopefully my luck will turn soon.
                        you really should go to London if only to fill in some space on your CV! gl with the grad programmes
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Totally agree with this. That's why I asked ste what games he liked. If it's shooters then he should get the 360. I had the original xbox and loved the controller so can't argue with that either.

My favourite console was N64. Goldeneye was just gaming perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                            cheap bastards.
                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I don't normally buy into dramatic, sweeping statements but the combination of the Glazer ownership and this, on the back of Ronaldo so actively pushing for a move, could spell the end of United as a European force, even as a domestic one.

Comment

But seriously, with this much of a meltdown, will rooney ever recover?
                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                  I don't normally buy into dramatic, sweeping statements but the combination of the Glazer ownership and this, on the back of Ronaldo so actively pushing for a move, could spell the end of United as a European force, even as a domestic one.
                                  nah, united will be fine. Ferguson will leave soon enough, and mourinho will step in, glazers will pack up, someone new will come in, Mourinho will bring in the players he's bui;lt up ties with, and a new day starts for the club.
                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                    Is it really though? We've been hearing that for about 2 years at this stage.

Does it do proper damage yet?
                                    Novermeber 5th release date I think.

Yep afaik it has full damage, also has Nascar and WRC. Should be brilliant.

Comment

Comment

I'm sitting here in shock and I feel like a little piece of me has died inside. The club will go on (it always does) but with Tevez, Ronaldo & now Rooney all gone in quick succession I fear we're on an even worse downward trend than I thought

It actually feels like a bereavement, in a weird and completely inappropriate way, and I haven't felt this bad about the club in a long long time. Even being in Rome and watching United not even turn up against Barcelona felt better than this!
                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                          But seriously, with this much of a meltdown, will rooney ever recover?
                                          Of course he will, he is only 24. Over 8 months ago he was regarded as the best striker in the world. Whether he stays or goes, he will regain that form again, no doubt about that.
                                          He is probably the most naturally gifted player I've seen at MU in the last 15 years and it will be a sad day when he leaves

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                            nah, united will be fine. Ferguson will leave soon enough, and mourinho will step in, glazers will pack up, someone new will come in, Mourinho will bring in the players he's bui;lt up ties with, and a new day starts for the club.
                                            lolz Mourinho isn't going somewhere where there is no money, he is the cleverest man in football.

They have a class left back and a squad of very good players at the moment. Not gona write of Ferguson just yet though, Rooney hasn't gone anywhere yet either I will not be surprised if everything is ok in a month.

Comment

Don't see where Rooney'll do right now, though. United surely wont sell to another English club and I get the feeling he'll not function nearly as well in Italy or especially Spain for a few reasons...

Also is it true that he's actually not cup tied in Europe, meaning a Jan sale is more likely? However wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing was Rooney angling for more money and this is Fergie calling his bluff and it'll all blow over. In fact I'd make that the most likely situation, doubt Ferguson would publically state he wants out as by doing so he reduces the players value and he's no fool.
                                              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                Hope he goes to City so RasTa loafs him one
                                                I sit two rows from the pitch so will be able to get him and he will get one if he wears that jersey.

Comment

Listening to Fergie now on SSN, he seems gutted by all this. I've lost all the respect I've had for Rooney over the goings-on of the last couple of months.

Comment

Too soon to drag up all the Lolerpool are skint and all their good players want to leave posts of the last few months?

Comment

don't forget that Rooney has been playing non-stop since the age of 16, has serious character issues, doesn't have the ideal physiology for an athlete and is on a downward trajectory in form that has lasted a lot longer than the usual definition of a 'blip'

United should be delighted if they can get 70m for him, I doubt if he'll be playing football in 3 years

Comment

I sit two rows from the pitch so will be able to get him and he will get one if he wears that jersey.
                                                        Do not blame you one bit, after what United did for him going to city would be ridic scummy.

He won't go to Chelsea he hates us, I was about 7 rows back at Wembley and he didn't want to be at the club then apparently yet was right up in our faces when he crossed for Valencia to score.

Spain imo.

Comment

don't forget that Rooney has been playing non-stop since the age of 16, has serious character issues, doesn't have the ideal physiology for an athlete and is on a downward trajectory in form that has lasted a lot longer than the usual definition of a 'blip'

United should be delighted if they can get 70m for him, I doubt if he'll be playing football in 3 years
                                                          Lucky to get 40M after today, he wants out his price goes down.

Comment

Last thing i'll say re Xbox vs PS3;

I like both consoles, there is room for both imo. Competition is good. Just because I prefer the 360, does not mean the PS3 is a bad console or that I don't like it.

I would not question anyone buying a PS3 over a 360 and vice versa.

Also, wtf is going at United? Crazy stuff.
                                                            Last edited by Moneymaker; 19-10-10, 14:21.

Comment

70m!? IF he goes in the summer he'll have a year left on his contract, publically wanting out and will likely have real question marks over his form and personal life. There's not a hope he'll go for 70. Ozil went for, what, 15m after a great world cup for similar reasons without the drop in form/off field issue swith every club in Europe after him. Anything above 25m would be seriously impressive business.
                                                              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Lucky to get 40M after today, he wants out his price goes down.
                                                                40m no chance, be lucky to get 20m, plus can he not buy out of his contract if it only has 12 months left for like 7 or so million>

Comment

on the contrary, land reform is of grave importance right now

as is Home Rule, when you consider that all of the direction that the government is taking is coming from outside the State. Thanks to FF.
                                                                  Writing a piece on advising Kenny on what to do wrt this national agreement offer. Feels extremely odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                    I'd say if your a casual gamer get the PS3, but the hardcore types seem to prefer the X-box. Battery life is ridiculously short on X-Box and paying for Internet use tilts me no end, by far the two biggest cons on either console IMO .
                                                                    Hardcore gamers don't play on consoles - PC gaming all the way. It is a good bit more expensive to buy the initial equipment though; the games are WAY cheaper thereafter and buying in digital format via Steam is really cool, it means I can download and play the games on whichever computer I want, and some games are moving to a cloud-computing scenario which is even handier.

Comment

Surely they wont be getting anymore than about 25m for him? He wants out, contract is up soon enough, he's playing shite and has been riddled with injuries recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                        70m!? IF he goes in the summer he'll have a year left on his contract, publically wanting out and will likely have real question marks over his form and personal life. There's not a hope he'll go for 70. Ozil went for, what, 15m after a great world cup for similar reasons without the drop in form/off field issue swith every club in Europe after him. Anything above 25m would be seriously impressive business.
                                                                        I saw 70m mentioned yesterday so was just using that

I suppose it all depends on who's in the market.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                          40m no chance, be lucky to get 20m, plus can he not buy out of his contract if it only has 12 months left for like 7 or so million>
                                                                          Technically, yes. But there's close to 0% chance he'll do this. There's a gentlemens agreement with all clubs to not use this rule afaik and so far, again afaik, nobody has. Alot of speculation Barca would use it to get Fabregas for around 20m last summer but nothing came of that either as nobody wants to be the club to start the precedent of using that rule, but I'm pretty sure legally they could use it as it's not about how longs left on the contract but rather how long it's been since the contract was signed, something like 2 years after that anyone can do it.

Comment

Would be pretty epic if Rooney went to Man City. Stick two fingers up at the club that's made him the world class player that he is. I actually think he's the kind of person that would love to do that.

Don't think Fergie would sell him to the blue side though. However, player power is huge these days so maybe Rooney could push it through if he really wanted it to happen.

Comment

City will drive the price from 25M to 35M ish I'd say. Chelsea, Barca, Inter, Madrid, AC, Bayern etc etc will all at least want the chance to speak to him and scoop a 50M player on the cheap.

Comment

Everton it is so:

Comment

I really hope United have the balls to tell City to Feck off and accept the 2nd best offer.

Comment

30-35m for Rooney imo. Stunning if he went to City, surely not though?

Cesc would go for more because he's on a long-term contract, iirc.

Comment

I really hope United have the balls to tell City to Feck off and accept the 2nd best offer.
                                                                                      eh, yeah

here's the Man U response to a bumper offer from City

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                        Writing a piece on advising Kenny on what to do wrt this national agreement offer. Feels extremely odd.
                                                                                        If the advice doesn't include him resigning then its bad advice.
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

City will drive the price from 25M to 35M ish I'd say. Chelsea, Barca, Inter, Madrid, AC, Bayern etc etc will all at least want the chance to speak to him and scoop a 50M player on the cheap.
                                                                                          Fergie won't sell him to a rivial. Beckham, RVN, Stam, Henize etc Glazers on the other hand.....

Comment

Scroll down to realistic places, stuck in 3 nights from the Friday for those prices.

http://www.festivalapartments.com/se...mageField.y=12
                                                                                            Thanks Cillian thats perfect!

Comment

Harry gonna offer Van De Vaart for Rooney and 20m. Fair deal imo.

Comment

Harry gonna offer Van De Vaart for Rooney and 20m. Fair deal imo.
                                                                                                Id keep Van De Vaart tbh

Comment

He is basically just a spoilt little cunt if he walks out on the club and fans that have worshiped him for years now. What a wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                    why are Ogra FF advising FG?

stick it up here and we will critique it for you. FG are in an invidious position at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                      God of War, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Heavy Rain, Killzone, Ratchet & Clank, Infamous, Gran Turismo, MAG, Metal Gear etc.

uggh...must back away from fanboy war
                                                                                                      MGS is now rubbish, same for the new God of War. Little Big Planet is Meh, Heavy rain is boring. No interested in Ratchet and Clank and Grand Turismo is another meh, is the new one even out yet?

Uncharted is the only decent game you mentioned.

Comment

At least Robbie Keane is available to replace him, and United was his "boyhood" club as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                                                                                          He is basically just a spoilt little cunt if he walks out on the club and fans that have worshiped him for years now. What a wanker.
                                                                                                          United fans laughed at people who said that when he left the club he loved at 16 to go to the club down the road with a big bag of money and more chance of winning stuff

Meh!

Comment

why are Ogra FF advising FG?

stick it up here and we will critique it for you. FG are in an invidious position at the moment.
                                                                                                            It's a 500-1k words thing for college that we got yesterday. Afternoon boozing yesterday means that I'm only doing now.

Still unsure if I should say that we (lolz) should take on this responsability and show we're ready to lead etc etc, wont shy away from tough decisions and insist that we have the lead role in the plan.

Or just do the simple of saying it's bad for us Tallaght 2 etc, let FF live with their mess. wont support illegitimate gov that wont have by-elections and push for a reelection/hope the budget fails instead. but everyone can see through that.

Or say to do it and then walk out blaming FF for the breakdown.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 19-10-10, 14:12.

Comment

At least Robbie Keane is available to replace him, and United was his "boyhood" club as well.
                                                                                                              Last week I heard Robbie saying he always had a soft Spot for Sligo Rovers

Comment

Whats the new medal of honor like on either xbox or ps3?
                                                                                                                NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by raoul duke iii View Post
                                                                                                                  don't forget that rooney has been playing non-stop since the age of 16, has serious character issues, doesn't have the ideal physiology for an athlete and is on a downward trajectory in form that has lasted a lot longer than the usual definition of a 'blip'

united should be delighted if they can get 70m for him, i doubt if he'll be playing football in 3 years
                                                                                                                  dooooooom! Dooooooooooooooooommmm!!!!!
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                                                                                    Man U and l'pool for the drop this year?

Wouldn't it be funny if Rooney said he wanted to go to l'pool just to piss Man U off and then L'pool rejected him. mmmm .............. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...... .....wake up !..... wake up! ..... you're late for work
                                                                                                                    One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Cheers for all the advice there and the back and forth. Even tho it seems from my reading here that the ps3 seems to be a bit better prob gonna go with the Xbox as all my mates seem to have it and can rob games on them obviously Also, i am intriqued with Halo for some reason having never played it. I used to play Quake3 a lot and it reminds me of it never having played it

Anyway muchos gracias

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        If the advice doesn't include him resigning then its bad advice.
                                                                                                                        not sure if that's within the scope of the brief

Comment

Had to log on to find out what happened. texts galore at me training course, itching to get out. back in 10 minutes. .
                                                                                                                          IMO.
                                                                                                                          Rooney will definitely go to Real Madrid. Joses little comment that ALex will keep him is a smokescreen.. Ronaldo already beckoned him last year. The price will be 35/40m at least. Benezema maybe part of a swap deal. I'd also bid for Given if I were Alex.

I'd like now to see the young fellows get a chance up front. Kiko, Hernandez and tha old fella Owen with berba need to step up. Nani has improved also this year.
                                                                                                                          Hell Utd ain't that far behind CHelski and only some huge errors recently have prevented them getting closer. At least we know now something has been on the players mind. No way UTD will get Torres (pity)

Don't be fooled by Fergies demeanour either, he is a canny Scot. He needs a midfielder or two. Glaziers weren't giving him the money so now he will get some.

Sad day though as Rooney is on his day a world beater. He has some mental Issues if he thinks going to City where the overrated barry and Millner are so called superstars will win him anything. Great Great player though :-(

MADRID

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X