X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I know this is aftertiming a bet, but at least I have the screenshot to prove it!!

Comment

Buy low, Sell high.

Gecko's reform imo

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
          I know this is aftertiming a bet, but at least I have the screenshot to prove it!!

WP, Sunday Million stakes for all

Comment

Anybody read this:

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1600614620/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE[/ame]

Got a €25 amazon voucher to spend and am looking to be less of a pussy

Comment

About today's IBOOD 2tb HD. I got a 500gb freecom hard drive before. Worked grand but recently, the connection where the cable plugs into is getting quite loose and I'm finding it hard to keep the connection between the HD and my ps3.
              Not sure the build quality is great as I've had it for just over a year.
              Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Today is going to be a write-off iv no work to do and no intention to be pro active. anybody any suggestions? Its looking like career mode in fifa is going to be hit pretty hard

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                  Today is going to be a write-off iv no work to do and no intention to be pro active. anybody any suggestions? Its looking like career mode in fifa is going to be hit pretty hard
                  I'm in the exact same situation, although I'm actually in the office with limited access to this "career mode in fifa" you speak of...

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                    I'm in the exact same situation, although I'm actually in the office with limited access to this "career mode in fifa" you speak of and no werewolf to play cause HF outed my hairy ass
                    Ship

Comment

I'm sure this is a pretty easy question but Xbox > Playstation yeah? Going to buy a new console having not played anything since medal of honour on the PS2 years and years ago. Also, were would one go for best price?

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                        Ship
                        Stop bullying me

Comment

One of you layabouts find out what a borel measurable set/function is for me would ya?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            thanks Lurker. I got both the ebooks and real books.

I'm getting organised this week and looking into 'acquiring' those Schweser notes. Will take a look at Elan now too.

Bit concerned by the first section of the course; 'ethics'. WTF?
                            Fuck that, get the required calculator and get very intimate with it. I may have bitten off more then I can chew committing to the exam in December but at least it's rapidly focussing my mind.
                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                              I'm sure this is a pretty easy question but Xbox > Playstation yeah? Going to buy a new console having not played anything since medal of honour on the PS2 years and years ago. Also, were would one go for best price?
                              They're pretty evenly matched imo. Depends what you're looking for really.

Xbox 360:

Pros:

Cheaper
                              Better selection of games(1400 games vs the PS3s 650 atm)
                              Better online service(you can have Sky Player, Zune Marketplace etc)
                              Better selection of arcade games
                              Bigger player base
                              Good selection of exclusive titles(Halo, Fable among others)

Cons:

You have to pay for the online service(50 euro for a yearly membership so not too bad but some people really hate the idea of paying for this)
                              Inferior(supposedly) graphics to the PS3

PS3:

Pros:

Online service is free.
                              Has some good exclusive titles(Uncharted, Infamous, Killzone etc)
                              Has the ability to download for a small fee, classic PS1 games and they are expanding on this all the time.
                              Blue-ray player included.

Cons:

No cross-game chat
                              PSN, although improving(and free) is inferior to Xbox Live.
                              More expensive

I own and like both consoles, but I would prefer the Xbox but there is definitely an argument to be made for both. Do some research and see what games on what console interest and go from there really.

As an employee of Microsoft, I should not be this impartial

Comment

everything seems like such a good idea when you start drinking in the early afternoon

Comment

Raoul questioned why I joined FF

SPOILER

Comment

PS3>>>>>Xbox.
                                    The controllers - the PS3 controller doesn't need batteries. The XBox360 eats through them.

The power pack - for the 360 it's a separate unit, nearly as big as the console itself. And it gets ridiculously hot. For the PS3, it's built in.

The noise - The 360 sounds like a plane taking off in your sitting room. The PS3, near silent.

The sound - Much better surround sound from the PS3, plus better support for audio formats.

The media centre - childlike and clumsy on the 360, beautifully smooth on the PS3.

The connectivity - built in WiFi on the PS3, need to buy an ugly looking extra bit for the 360.

Online Gaming - Free as a bird on the PS3, per month, per year paid service on Xbox.

Blu Ray - PS3 has it, Xbox does not

Red Ring of Death.....shitty build quality on Xboxes means nearly everyone I know who has ever owned one needed at some stage to get it replaced.
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

grand slam of golf starts later, top tipster predicts another Kaymer victory

scroll to the Octopus oracle video at end of page

The PGA of America is one of the world's largest sports organizations, composed of PGA of America Golf Professionals who work daily to grow interest and participation in the game of golf.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                        @tylerdurden

Is this any help to you on your quest for a hard drive?

Link
                                        Yeah seen somebody posted it last night, looks decent but not going that route of having loads and loads of storage just needed something as a stop gap for a bit.

Depends I suppose on what consoles the majority of your mates have as to online gaming with them was my main consideration.
                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

+1 to everything deadparrot said

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                            Yeah seen somebody posted it last night, looks decent but not going that route of having loads and loads of storage just needed something as a stop gap for a bit.

Depends I suppose on what consoles the majority of your mates have as to online gaming with them was my main consideration.
                                            This is really it imo.

There are pros and cons to both, seeing as I was going halves with my brother at the time and he wanted forza so it was xbox then for us before online was a consideration.

Bluray isn't a big factor for me as I download then stream everything through my xbox (this is also done easily through ps3).

Xbox live is a lot better than psn imo obviously considering that you pay for it, if you are not going to game online a lot then it shouldn't be as big of a plus.

Comment

Better games on the 360 and better online service trumps all imo.

Get one of the fancy new Slim360's which are silent, smaller and do not fail.

Comment

thanks Lurker. I got both the ebooks and real books.

I'm getting organised this week and looking into 'acquiring' those Schweser notes. Will take a look at Elan now too.

Bit concerned by the first section of the course; 'ethics'. WTF?
                                                Yeah, ethics is probably the most important section tbh. If you're a borderline pass/fail then they look at your ethics score first. From my experience, the questions at the end of the ethics section are easier than those on the exam.

As V for Vendetta said, get that calculator asap. I went for the Texas Instruments one. Takes a while to get comfortable with it but it's an amazing piece of kit. It's pretty ridiculous why it's not used/allowed in Irish colleges.

Comment

I'd say if your a casual gamer get the PS3, but the hardcore types seem to prefer the X-box. Battery life is ridiculously short on X-Box and paying for Internet use tilts me no end, by far the two biggest cons on either console IMO .
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                    PS3>>>>>Xbox.
                                                    The controllers - the PS3 controller doesn't need batteries. The XBox360 eats through them.
                                                    Not true. And you can buy a power pack that last 25+ hours for around 12.99 iirc. The 360 controller is a much better controller then the PS3 controller. Feels better built and chunky and less awkward.

The power pack - for the 360 it's a separate unit, nearly as big as the console itself. And it gets ridiculously hot. For the PS3, it's built in.
                                                    Older 360 models yes, 360 S no. And it doesn't even get that hot to begin with, really.

The noise - The 360 sounds like a plane taking off in your sitting room. The PS3, near silent.
                                                    The new 360 S is silent also. And it's the only model that is developed these days and the only one you can buy new. And it's cheaper then the PS3.

The sound - Much better surround sound from the PS3, plus better support for audio formats.
                                                    Agree with you here.

The media centre - childlike and clumsy on the 360, beautifully smooth on the PS3.
                                                    Merely an opinion, not fact. I find both are easy to use.

The connectivity - built in WiFi on the PS3, need to buy an ugly looking extra bit for the 360.
                                                    Hey guess what the 360 S has built into it!

Online Gaming - Free as a bird on the PS3, per month, per year paid service on Xbox.
                                                    Xbox Live is superior to PSN(PSN has improved greatly though but is still behind Live). Larger player base, Cross-game chat, Sky Player, Zune Marketplace, bigger selection of arcade games. You get what you pay for!

Yes but on Xbox Live you can download full HD quality movies and stream media from your PC so this advantage is pretty irrelevant. MS see the future being digital downloads, not Blue-ray.

Red Ring of Death.....shitty build quality on Xboxes means nearly everyone I know who has ever owned one needed at some stage to get it replaced.
                                                    I have had an older model for 2 years+ and not had any issues with it. There is an extended 3 year warranty for the RROD and we include a free month of Xbox Live to compensate for any game time lost. Also, the 360 S is much better built. The GAME store in Ilac in town has sold over 400 units. Number of returns, zero.

Please do your research before you recommend one console over another, kthx.

Comment

can i bring in my old xbox and got one of those 360s doohickeys?

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                        Raoul questioned why I joined FF

SPOILER

who remembers the Irish Parliamentary Party now?
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The most important thing with any console is the games imo. The consoles are evenly matched. However, free online play with the PS3 is what shaded it for me.

So what type of games do you like?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                            Fuck that, get the required calculator and get very intimate with it. I may have bitten off more then I can chew committing to the exam in December but at least it's rapidly focussing my mind.
                                                            gl with that Olly, I didn't even know you had signed up! If you ping the exam on less than 3 month's work, that will be very, very impressive indeed.

the volume looks more daunting than the complexity so gaming the system will be paramount!

Comment

gl with that Olly, I didn't even know you had signed up! If you ping the exam on less than 3 month's work, that will be very, very impressive indeed.

the volume looks more daunting than the complexity so gaming the system will be paramount!
                                                              Any chance of cliffnotes on the exam you guys are doing?

Comment

I can't take this anymore. 15 mins ago I was all for a PS3 now I think that new xbox might be for me. Someone make the final call.

Comment

who remembers the Irish Parliamentary Party now?
                                                                  I don't think Home Rule and land reform are of much importance these days, but ruthless persuit of power will never go out of fashion!

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                    I can't take this anymore. 15 mins ago I was all for a PS3 now I think that new xbox might be for me. Someone make the final call.
                                                                    360 Silm. No contest.

Comment

@ Moneymaker, I reckon if you started a poll here you'd get a very large majority saying that PS3 is the better but probably get the opposite if you took a poll on a gaming forum. I think your failing the see the cons of the X-Box is what annoy's casual gamers more. Like say if your having a Fifa session at night with a few mates and your batteries run out- major buzz kill. Ghostface says he hasn't played a game since Metal of Honour so I'm guessing he falls into the casual bracket.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                                                                        Not true. And you can buy a power pack that last 25+ hours for around 12.99 iirc. The 360 controller is a much better controller then the PS3 controller. Feels better built and chunky and less awkward.

Older 360 models yes, 360 S no. And it doesn't even get that hot to begin with, really.

The new 360 S is silent also. And it's the only model that is developed these days and the only one you can buy new. And it's cheaper then the PS3.

Agree with you here.

Merely an opinion, not fact. I find both are easy to use.

Hey guess what the 360 S has built into it!

Xbox Live is superior to PSN(PSN has improved greatly though but is still behind Live). Larger player base, Cross-game chat, Sky Player, Zune Marketplace, bigger selection of arcade games. You get what you pay for!

Yes but on Xbox Live you can download full HD quality movies and stream media from your PC so this advantage is pretty irrelevant. MS see the future being digital downloads, not Blue-ray.

I have had an older model for 2 years+ and not had any issues with it. There is an extended 3 year warranty for the RROD and we include a free month of Xbox Live to compensate for any game time lost. Also, the 360 S is much better built. The GAME store in Ilac in town has sold over 400 units. Number of returns, zero.

whoring yourself for gates i see, i'll give 100 to 1 odds that this was wrote in Windows Internet Explorer! Where's the google chrome or the firefox moneymaker of old, damn man the money changed you

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                          360 Silm. No contest.
                                                                          But PSN is free

Comment

well I haven't done anything yet, I only signed up yesterday!

it's this one

basically it's for investment professionals and is very wide-ranging in scope

covers ethics (LOL), quantitative methods (what we used to call statistics when I was a young fella), economics, financial reporting and analysis, corporate finance, equities, fixed income, derivatives, alternative investments and portfolio management

would be excellent for anyone who fancies making a living in the investment game (especially in a front office role). Looking at the curriculum, it certainly covers more than my undergrad degree in finance ever did.

Comment

ps3. hack it, play snes.

3d proof too, 3d gaming around the corner with ps3.
                                                                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                I don't think Home Rule and land reform are of much importance these days, but ruthless persuit of power will never go out of fashion!
                                                                                on the contrary, land reform is of grave importance right now

as is Home Rule, when you consider that all of the direction that the government is taking is coming from outside the State. Thanks to FF.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                  But PSN is free
                                                                                  360 is cheaper though, I own a wired controller so I don't use batterys. Cross chat on game play. and many other options.

It's your choice, but if you have the money buy both

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                    ps3. hack it, play snes.

3d proof too, 3d gaming around the corner with ps3.
                                                                                    Think you might have just swayed me.

Comment

PS3>>>>>Xbox.

So everything except gaming then
                                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

360 for forza 3 alone.
                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I've started a war...

Comment

PS3 - Metal Gear Solid Games
                                                                                            Xbox - gay

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                                                                                              Not true. And you can buy a power pack that last 25+ hours for around 12.99 iirc.......

Shill

I didnt mention streaming as they can all do that.
                                                                                              I also wouldnt count skyplayer & Zune marketplace(seriously??? lol) as they are paid extras and fucked if Im paying for shit I can get for free.
                                                                                              I play online a fair bit. I've never had a problem with PSN.
                                                                                              Granted, it'd be mainly fifa/battlefield/knockoutkings/Hawx/UFC/Lemmings/GTA
                                                                                              but I'm sure the experience is better on xbox in other type games.....
                                                                                              Cross game chat is coming to PSN, that being said, I doubt i'd ever use it.
                                                                                              As long as one member in the room is a playstation plus user, all can use it.
                                                                                              PSN also has the huge MMO of playstation home, if you are into that type of thing.
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                360 for forza 3 alone.
                                                                                                Gran Turismo soon to be released on PS3...

Comment

Chartered Financial Analyst.

The gold standard qualification in the finance industry. There's three levels. One taken each June. Pass rate was 42% for level 1 this year. Lv I exam consists of 240 multiple choice questions broken down into two 3 hour sessions split over 10 topics shown in the image below.

@ Raoul

That's my analysis from last year. I'm sure not much has changed this year. Ethics gives you the most bang for your buck by far and some of those pages are optional iirc.

Edit: Raoul beat me to it
                                                                                                  Last edited by Lurker23; 19-10-10, 13:11.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                                    I own a wired controller so I don't use batterys.

2005 called, it wants it's limitations back

Comment

Hey,

Does anyone know much about booking accomodation in Edinburgh? Im looking to book something for the 6 nations game in February. There is 4/5 of us and i was hoping to book an apartment.

Anyone any experience or links for something helpful? When I try google I get pissed off coz Im crap at it and keep getting apartments to rent for the year!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                        Gran Turismo soon to be released on PS3...
                                                                                                        Is it really though? We've been hearing that for about 2 years at this stage.

Does it do proper damage yet?
                                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                          So everything except gaming then
                                                                                                          I personally thing they look better on PS3, I wont deny xbox has a wider range but I think Ps3 shades it in exclusives

Comment

Can't we all just get along

go for the PS3 though obv.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                                                              @ Raoul

That's my analysis from last year. I'm sure not much has changed this year. Ethics gives you the most bang for your buck by far and some of those pages are optional iirc.
                                                                                                              LOL, I was just doing that analysis myself as per my gaming the system comment!

I hate stats with a passion so that's great news.

still confused as to what these 'ethics' yokes are. Some new kind of derivative instrument no doubt.

edit; what do you do currently Lurker? non-specifically obv. if your bosses are reading!

Comment

3 words for the xbox slim

proprietary hard drives.

Thank you and goodnight

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                                  Hey,

Does anyone know much about booking accomodation in Edinburgh? Im looking to book something for the 6 nations game in February. There is 4/5 of us and i was hoping to book an apartment.

Anyone any experience or links for something helpful? When I try google I get pissed off coz Im crap at it and keep getting apartments to rent for the year!
                                                                                                                  Scroll down to realistic places, stuck in 3 nights from the Friday for those prices.

Comment

So general consensus here seems to be PS3.... I assume Medal of Honour is still good

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                                      Hey,

http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Rooney leaving United.

Comment

Rooney going going gone.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X