X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
    thanks for all the responses so far they have all been really helpful

and help think of things i may have not thought of yet, i will certainly take it all on board,

in particular i thought your post was good, like you don't need college to enjoy your youth,

i think this is something i will regret and the door will never be closed on the college scene but the chance to take a shot at something i really enjoy may not come around again
    Id start focusing on cash games if i were you, making a reliable living at online MTT's is very tough id imagine not to mention lol variance etc.
    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
      You don't need to be in college to enjoy your youth, though it may open you up to certain social circles you would have enjoyed little / no interaction with otherwise. To describe it as a prerequisite to having a rounded social life is pure narrow mindedness imo.
      ugh I'll have to remember to stick imo after things i write in future.

Your correct you don't need to be in college Lloyd, but if say you decide to get a job straight out of school you don't necessarily have the freedom to go out everynight and do what you want, as you may be bounded with work.

And how exactly does me saying
      college is the best time of your life - going out partying/drinkin
      = having a rounded social life??

I never said it did.

A lot of people state that college is the best time of your life - not just me.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
        sigh, I need to stop putting so much things in the public domain, but, I'll put this here as long as some people actually do the voting yoke.

http://www.ultimateweddingcontest.com/entries/28654
        thinly veiled brag

Comment

sigh, I need to stop putting so much things in the public domain, but, I'll put this here as long as some people actually do the voting yoke.

http://www.ultimateweddingcontest.com/entries/28654
          thumbs up.
          http://mobro.co/zuroph
          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
            Also,

I think alot of people will over estimate what they can make from poker. I have no idea on your poker ability so I cant comment any further as to what you will win.

You speak of opportunity costs. Consider the opportunity you are missing on the social exposure at college/real world and the chance to nail a few fatties out of your class opposed to grinding hands online. There will alway be hands to play, but I know i'd regret not going to college because of the amount of people I have met and the general life experience it brings, and I'm still in my early 20's.

Also poker might seem like an ideal career but I would imagine there is a higher % of players that tried to go pro and quit, to players who went pro and kept it up. You essentially are working at home every day in social isolation which is not cool in the long run imo.
            yeah i can see the point your making, and take it on board,

i have quite a few friends still in college and go out regularly with, probably too regular,

i have so many friends currently with good degrees and they can't get a break anywhere,

the isolation thing i can understand it, i actually did take a year out before and this is when i grinded up my BR properly so i am aware of this and i did go a lil crazy but i know wat to expect and how to alter this so this isn't a huge factor for me

also i have quite a few busy months poker/lifewise
            http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Eddie just admit your pgodkin and get the leveling over with.
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                Heya Danny

Do you know pgodkin IRL?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                    Jesus! Bit OTT imo but i have a big spine so ill just laugh it off!
                    big spine? What new nonsense is this.

Come on now Eddie, you are obviously taking the piss anf you had to expect that reaction. Nobody could spot that much nonsense. I actually think I know who you are now. I won't out you or anything, if you wanted to change your name, that's your business. Although, it's hardly a clean slate anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                      only thing is slighty crazy eyes

although americans do have perfect teeth!
                      twas only a roide shure

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                        ugh I'll have to remember to stick imo after things i write in future.

Your correct you don't need to be in college Lloyd, but if say you decide to get a job straight out of school you don't necessarily have the freedom to go out everynight and do what you want, as you may be bounded with work.

And how exactly does me saying = having a rounded social life??

I never said it did.

A lot of people state that college is the best time of your life - not just me.
                        I think you missed the pretty big context part of this specific case. The man clearly has a few quid and a degree of flexibility unusual for people his age.
                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

curling time on BBC2
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Haven't gotten into the whole Eddie debate yet, but all I'll say is when he posted this a few weeks ago after someone gave a tip and it lost, I looked at most of his posts with a LOL feeling before I even started reading them tbh

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                              curling time on BBC2
                              AKA bedtime

Comment

Just check who's online on boards.ie/poker and it will narrow it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                  big spine? What new nonsense is this.
                                  Clearly this is the main hindrance to the losing 2 stone in two weeks, that things got to weigh a ton!
                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

AKA bedtime
                                    it was a Curling Montage.
                                    Curling is great criac to play to be honest.

It's the ladies Luge
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                      I think you missed the pretty big context part of this specific case. The man clearly has a few quid and a degree of flexibility unusual for people his age.
                                      I'm sure if you look over the last few years there have been plenty of young guys makin a lot of money at a young age who didn't pack in college cause of it. There are also a few guys who went broke, but we don't hear of them.

He has already stated that he may reget this and that he could always go back to it, but IMO doin the whole college buzz would be best done in one's youth.

I know nothing about his personal circumstances but education is very important imo esp in the current climate that we find ourselves in. But whatever he chooses to do i wish him well.

Comment

Has Chucky the tree joined this site?
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                          Teddie over here

Comment

Yup. Forget who he is but it's in his location

Comment

TBH, i usually enjoy reading the BBV, usually...its one thing giving everyone a voice, lets call it a demoracy, but it is another letting some idiot have control over it, be it by their posts or there respective replies.

I hate to compare to the old place but, are you serious ?, 6 pages of shite would not have gone on, "The Hills" FFS. You would have been banned as a troll.

Eddie, the posters here give you some benefit of the doubt, maybe thinking you are a piss take, i really dont think so. You should knock off for a few hours and have a think, do you want to be someone that creates hassle or someone that asks a question in here and gets a rapid response, be part of the community ? Its one thing having an openion, and the Portsmouth debacle showed you will listen to the other side, weigh up both arguments and , in that instance, came away with the realisation you were wrong, when you were showed another side.

Differing openions are what makes this BBV interssting, I learn new stuff everyday i read this, i am exposed to ideas and openions that make me think about the real life, away from the mainstay media, the people on the ground as you will. But talking crap for the sake of talking crap just wont do it for me, dont know about the other people here, i would hate to have to just see your name and instintivly skip over your post, its not fair on you or me.

Take a break, ask yourself why you are posting here and come back a better contributer, just my openion, im allowed one...

Anyone comments on my spelling or grammar, im reporting you !!
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

btw when are we gettin a chance to see the other logo's?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                  Why do you think it is pgodkin? pgodkin is signed up here under that name too.

Comment

Empire Records on RTE2

So much win

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                      TBH, i usually enjoy reading the BBV, usually...its one thing giving everyone a voice, lets call it a demoracy, but it is another letting some idiot have control over it, be it by their posts or there respective replies.

I hate to compare to the old place but, are you serious ?, 6 pages of shite would not have gone on, "The Hills" FFS. You would have been banned as a troll.

Eddie, the posters here give you some benefit of the doubt, maybe thinking you are a piss take, i really dont think so. You should knock off for a few hours and have a think, do you want to be someone that creates hassle or someone that asks a question in here and gets a rapid response, be part of the community ? Its one thing having an openion, and the Portsmouth debacle showed you will listen to the other side, weigh up both arguments and , in that instance, came away with the realisation you were wrong, when you were showed another side.

Differing openions are what makes this BBV interssting, I learn new stuff everyday i read this, i am exposed to ideas and openions that make me think about the real life, away from the mainstay media, the people on the ground as you will. But talking crap for the sake of talking crap just wont do it for me, dont know about the other people here, i would hate to have to just see your name and instintivly skip over your post, its not fair on you or me.

Take a break, ask yourself why you are posting here and come back a better contributer, just my openion, im allowed one...

Anyone comments on my spelling or grammar, im reporting you !!
                                                      The way you spelt opinion tilted me so bad reading that

6 pages of the hills??? Change to page settings to 50 or 100 posts per page imo. makes it alot easier to skip through.

Otherwise, point taken

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                        I'm sure if you look over the last few years there have been plenty of young guys makin a lot of money at a young age who didn't pack in college cause of it. There are also a few guys who went broke, but we don't hear of them.

He has already stated that he may reget this and that he could always go back to it, but IMO doin the whole college buzz would be best done in one's youth.

I know nothing about his personal circumstances but education is very important imo esp in the current climate that we find ourselves in. But whatever he chooses to do i wish him well.
                                                        i do agree with you education is very important, but imo i believe there is more than wat you learn in a class/lecture/course

i had a crazy ass english teacher for a couple months as a sub, as far as preparing us for the leaving cert he was absolutely terrible

but he made a great point i will always remember in relation to education- no one cares what happens to Romeo & Juliet, Macbeth or any shakespeare people or wat Robert Frost has to say about poetry

it is not wat you are going to remember in the future, it is how relate wat you learn from the class and translate that into the real world is wat matters

i know alot of book smart people who will do well in the education system etc put them in the real world in a real situation a dog would do a better

Comment

i know alot of book smart people who will do well in the education system etc put them in the real world in a real situation a dog would do a better
                                                          LOL reminds me of a girl I lived with for a while, she got 550 or close in her leaving cert, but over the course of the summer we got to hear gems from her like;
                                                          "How do planes fly if they don't flap their wings?"
                                                          "What's a Negro?"
                                                          and my personal favourite, while watching Lord of the Rings
                                                          "Is this set before or after the Dinosaurs?"
                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Here is a lil story of friend of mine to highlight naivety in the Real World

i actually have a funny story to kind of show you wat i mean, i was in amsterdam with a friend of mine who is probably one of the most intelligent people i know who has always excelled in school and know in college and it always comes to second nature to him,

so we are out in some club on night, now in fairness the weed we wer smoking didn't help his judgement,

and we are all pretty drunk, anyways he comes up to me and one of the lads saying "i've been robbed i've been robbed",

"both of us are like how? wer? etc"

he says "some lad is after taking my wallet out of my jeans, taking all my money out of it and putting this Malaysian dollar in it"

we say "come again?"

he says "the story again"

even in are drunken intoxicated state we are like thats impossible, and i'm like its way more likely you had one note in your wallet went to buy a drink and the bartender gave you the malaysian dollar as change,

Still to this day he convinced someone put there hand in his jeans without him noticing and taking his money out/changing for a malaysian dollar and placing it back in his pocket

Funny story eitherway

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                              LOL reminds me of a girl I lived with for a while, she got 550 or close in her leaving cert, but over the course of the summer we got to hear gems from her like;
                                                              "What's a Negro?"
                                                              there is another mate of mine who is very book smart etc, but has to be the most dense guy i know

very nice guy tho

Comment

6 pages of the hills??? Change to page settings to 50 or 100 posts per page imo. makes it alot easier to skip through.

Otherwise, point taken

Comment

LOL!!!
                                                                  Attached Files

Comment

i actually have a funny story to kind of show you wat i mean, i was in amsterdam with a friend of mine who is probably one of the most intelligent people i know who has always excelled in school and know in college and it always comes to second nature to him,

so we are out in some club on night, now in fairness the weed we wer smoking didn't help his judgement,

and we are all pretty drunk, anyways he comes up to me and one of the lads saying "i've been robbed i've been robbed",

"both of us are like how? wer? etc"

he says "some lad is after taking my wallet out of my jeans, taking all my money out of it and putting this Malaysian dollar in it"

we say "come again?"

he says "the story again"

even in are drunken intoxicated state we are like thats impossible, and i'm like its way more likely you had one note in your wallet went to buy a drink and the bartender gave you the malaysian dollar as change,

Still to this day he convinced someone put there hand in his jeans without him noticing and taking his money out/changing for a malaysian dollar and placing it back in his pocket

Funny story eitherway

Comment

Otherwise, point taken
                                                                      Reported !! just messing, never mind the spelling, you got what i meant, please take the point on board, you can go one way or another, i would rather you go the correct way, not asking you conform to the man but dont be a dick !
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

While out Sat night, my mates GF went to buy fags. He spotted her in a bit of bother by the machine and went to see if she was ok. She told him she'd managed to lose her wallet, keys, and make-up bag, and started freaking out that she'd been robbed. queue the two of them searching high and low for the stuff, walking around the packed pub scanning the floor, throwing suspicious looks at people etc. etc.

While this was going on I went to buy fags. There, on top of the machine, was her wallet, keys, and make-up bag, exactly where she'd left them to rummage for change for cigarettes.

donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                                          "What's a Negro?"
                                                                          Does not compute, sorry Z, I don't believe this at all.
                                                                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

i do agree with you education is very important, but imo i believe there is more than wat you learn in a class/lecture/course

i had a crazy ass english teacher for a couple months as a sub, as far as preparing us for the leaving cert he was absolutely terrible...
                                                                            Less hippie English teachers talking crap about Shakespeare and more teaching you to put the letter h in your spelling of "what" is what you needed.

Also Eddie Durkin should be made reveal his boards nick on pain of perma banning (this is not a joke), and then when he does he should be banned for lying unless he says Tight Ted.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                              Does not compute, sorry Z, I don't believe this at all.
                                                                              Its fairly unbelievable, but entirely true. I have plenty of witnesses to her gems (there was about 8 of us living there), and the LC score is verified by my cousin, who was going out with her at the time.
                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

...

Comment

Michael O'Leary, for example, would attribute a lot of his success to his educational background - in fact he comes back to trinity every year to talk to undergrads and postgrads about how much he learned.
                                                                                  He's there at 2pm tomorrow actually.
                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Next logo on now. I had to scale it down a bit to fit.

Comment

On the luge thingy, I know they decided to be a bit more conservative given the death a few days back, but they start the men from the womens start, so why could the women not start from their normal one too? Do the women have to race a shorter course from the men or are they just being retarded?

Comment

FYI, the "Bingo" skin has its own logo up in the top left which, though classy, didn't feature on any thread as far as I'm aware.

Comment

but i said to them if ever did apply or need to apply for a job managing yourself as a poker player is tougher than most job experience imo
                                                                                                I really hope you're interviewing me some day!

Completely true by the way, but sadly nobody outside of poker will ever fully understand it.
                                                                                                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  On the luge thingy, I know they decided to be a bit more conservative given the death a few days back, but they start the men from the womens start, so why could the women not start from their normal one too? Do the women have to race a shorter course from the men or are they just being retarded?
                                                                                                  I think the logic is that the course is too fast. The shorter shart means they aren't going as fast on the last bend. If Women used there own start they'd be still going too fast for women

I think its over the top, as do most of the athletes, but if there was another accident then there would be uproar

Comment

FYI, the "Bingo" skin has its own logo up in the top left which, though classy, didn't feature on any thread as far as I'm aware.
                                                                                                    Ya I know. Bingo, while a skin I like is a pain in the hole for logos. It requires a specific size logo, and all the ones we have look terrible in that size. All other skins are easier to size logos for.

Comment

Best memory of when i saw him last was some up-herself yank mba student asking him "do you think nature or nurture made you how you are today?" His response "what type of bullshit dumbass academic question is that; can someone ask me a proper question?"

The poor girl nearly died on the spot but the rest of those of us there found it highly amusing
                                                                                                      I think that was a good question, maybe not to an arrogant man at that time, but if MOL sat back and had a few days, he would have come up with an answer, and i would have liked to hear his reasoned response, like the some up-herself yank !
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Bingo ftw regardless of logo
                                                                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                          Ya I know. Bingo, while a skin I like is a pain in the hole for logos. It requires a specific size logo, and all the ones we have look terrible in that size. All other skins are easier to size logos for.
                                                                                                          Bin it, go with easy all the time !
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

lol some idiots not answering phones now in public sector:

surely they can't possibly think that this will get them their paycut back? i'm guessing that there is a secret union leader directing all of this action who is about 7 years old.
                                                                                                                This has been in place since mid january...ridic if you ask me, wife has to use her mobile to call me from work...
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

On the stories of dense things done..
                                                                                                                  A few years ago in Galway I needed four nuts and bolts to fix a steel top to a perspex box. I was told by a friend to go to a shop called tri-part. As far as I remember it was on the tuam road. So I pull up and go in the door of the shop which was located on the side near where I parked. The counter is just inside the door and I ask the mustachioed guy behind the counter if perchance he has suitable nuts and bolts to solve my problem. He looks at the holes in the steel and perspex and tells me he doesn't think he has anything to fit them but he will have a look. He disappears out the back of the shop for three or four minutes with my perspex and steel and eventaully returns with no nuts or bolts but tells me to try the place next door. Grand sez I. So I go back out and walk around the front to the seemingly much bigger hardware shop next door. I go in and up a long aisle to the counter. "Would you have four nuts and bolts to fix this steel top to this perspex box?" I ask the mustachioed man behind the counter handing him the sh1t that he had handed me less than 60 seconds earlier. As I was leaving I heard him relay the story to a colleague and some laughing and pointing ensued.
                                                                                                                  (Obv I don't have a degree)

Comment

@Connie:Quite a few flaw in that structure. What happens if the 5th place team wins the carling cup and the FA cup- Villa could possibly do that this year.

Or one of the top 3 teams will more than likely win the cups and they're already in the champions league based on league position.
                                                                                                                    [/QUOTE]

Point taken, but theres always ways round it.

Teams 4 and 5 in the premiership definately qualify for play-offs, and if either of the 2 x winning cup teams also finish in the top 5, then you go down to 6 or even 7(and not to the cup r/u). I just think if they are going to bring in some kinda play off system, I think it would be good for the cups to have the spot available.

Connie

Comment

Just on my way to bed 12 mins ago, get a cold drink from the fridge, see a pizza that is going out of date today, make a decision that there is enough food wasted in the western world and decided for once i would make a difference !

Just opened another bottle of red to go with my pizza, your welcome third world !
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Myself and a friend were doing a TEFL course recently, a qualification for teaching English as a foreign language. Though you don't need a degree to do the course, you do need to have a degree, along with the TEFL qualification, if you want to teach in Ireland or Britain.

My friend dropped out of college midway through his 3rd year (or maybe it was his 2nd year, I can't remember). He didn't really like his course, but there's no doubt that the fact he was a winning player at the time influenced his decision.

In this TEFL course, there were some people who were borderline retarded. We had to practice teaching a supervised real class as part of the training. In one of these classes, a student said "I break my arm when I was younger." The borderline retard doing the course who was teaching the class corrected them saying that for the past tense, we say 'broke.'

So far so good, until she proceeded to say "'break' means when we want to go slower in a car." To make matters worse, she then wrote it on the board as 'break,' looked at it, decided it was wrong and changed it to 'breake.'

The point of this story is that as this borderline retarded woman has a degree, she can teach English as a Foreign Language in Ireland or Britain. My friend however, who is a pretty intelligent guy and has a decent grasp of English spelling and grammar, is not allowed teach English as a Foreign Language in any certified language school in Britain or Ireland.

Comment

Meant to post this hand up last week, but i was away from the internet, and it was only tonite I was talking to a friend of mine about it, and as I havent seen or heard the like of it before, and probably never going to again, I think i should share it with ye!!

Game--IPPT pub finals, ME. at the glen eagle 2 weeks ago.(705 runners)
                                                                                                                          Level 4--100-200.
                                                                                                                          average stack-- 16k.
                                                                                                                          Villian 1 loses a big pot and goes on monkey tilt.
                                                                                                                          He has 11k left after losing a big pot to villian 2 who now has 34k.
                                                                                                                          With villian 2 in the bb (for just 200), villian 1 raises pre-flop to 7,000 (yes, 35 bb's).
                                                                                                                          Folded to villian 2 who looks at his hand in the bb(he's closing the action), and says "thats a big raise, but I just got your chips and I'm not to gamble with you" says he, and he proudly folds, turning 2 black aces face up on the table. "Sure you could have 88 and spike an 8 and take your chips back from me"!!!

I'm not making that up. i actually seen it happening. Anyone else got a story to match that?
                                                                                                                          i saw lots of funny stuff there, but that one beat em all.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X