Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know where i'd get one of those cow bells they have at the olympics in Ireland?
    http://mobro.co/zuroph
    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
      anyone know where i'd get one of those cow bells they have at the olympics in Ireland?
      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mie9hhQTUM[/ame]
      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
        Hilarious at "The Hills" that turned out to be the straw that broke the camel's back
        lol,
        "I've put up with your opinions on Politics, World news, Weight loss, sport etc., but don't you dare get your "The Hills" facts wrong. Like OMG!"
        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
          Says the legend of posting who is always right

Think ill stick to the gambling forum just where...i wont even say what i want to say.
          What was your boards name?

Comment

Incase anyone's interested in a punt on me tonight
            It's all an illusion

Comment

Christopher Walken is a genius...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKuDYbnXBJQ[/ame]
              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrQJIOrHKHU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8KBJf8YUew[/ame]
                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

SPOILER
                  Mike
                  Ireland Competing in Ice skating now...
                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                    What was your boards name?
                    Stavros #42

Comment

WAIT a second

Postgrads get photocopying free?
                      yeah - well we kinda have a research office with a photocopier and a printer - microwave and toaster - we need to invest in a kettle

Comment

lol,
                        "I've put up with your opinions on Politics, World news, Weight loss, sport etc., but don't you dare get your "The Hills" facts wrong. Like OMG!"
                        It's not that (although I do deserve a good slagging over it). It's just that he is just SO retarded. Basically it has to be a level. I mean nobody can hold that many fruitcake opinions.

Even if the Hills were not scripted, it's still not "real". It's an artificial situation. It's like saying that Big Brother is real. What annoys me isn't even the stupidity, it's the absolute belief that he is right.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                            yeah - well we kinda have a research office with a photocopier and a printer - microwave and toaster - we need to invest in a kettle
                            ah here, I'm a postgrad!

I should really attend at some stage.

Comment

ah here, I'm a postgrad!

lol

i'm assumin the difference is your in a taught course while bubbleking is doin a research masters.

i thought that you only started.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                It's not that (although I do deserve a good slagging over it). It's just that he is just SO retarded. Basically it has to be a level. I mean nobody can hold that many fruitcake opinions.

Even if the Hills were not scripted, it's still not "real". It's an artificial situation. It's like saying that Big Brother is real. What annoys me isn't even the stupidity, it's the absolute belief that he is right.
                                So i am wrong for having an opinion? Im pretty sure you have opinions on things that are different to EVERYONE ELSE. Does that mean your a retarded level with fruitcake opinions the same as me?

And what do you mean Big brother isint real? Do you think it has a script aswell and is all setup? lol if you think that.

Comment

ah here, I'm a postgrad!

meh one day a week is fine - show the face print off about 200 pages of notes and head home for the week

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                    So what you're saying is - its a big country?!!

Kicking out the former chiefs bit on the side is never going to end well really!

yep, I was a month crossing it by train
                                    though in fairness, I started in Toronto, went East and then went West.

Highly recommend it BTW
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

So i am wrong for having an opinion? Im pretty sure you have opinions on things that are different to EVERYONE ELSE. Does that mean your a retarded level with fruitcake opinions the same as me?

And what do you mean Big brother isint real? Do you think it has a script aswell and is all setup? lol if you think that.
                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

THERE IS NO SCRIPT WRITIER WHO TELLS THEM WHAT TO SAY.
                                        MTV have admitted for years that the show was "loosely scripted", and they have writers
                                        The ring he bought his wife was worth 4 million $. They make so much money because of the fact they let the cameras into their personal lives.
                                        Actors make huge money in televisions,

People in reality shows and documentary, not so much

Comment

Ignore lists give me horrible flash backs of some painful primary school childhood memories.

What's so wrong with a kid bringing eggs sandwiches to school anyway??
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

BB is real ldo, you're such a reality tv n00b.
                                            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                              lol

i'm assumin the difference is your in a taught course while bubbleking is doin a research masters.

i thought that you only started.
                                              Yeah doing a taught course alright. Pain in the balls, and not really into it. Currently looking at other, and brighter options elsewhere though.

Started in September.

Went to our "class party" after the exams finished there a few weeks ago. Was chatting to one of the lads for about ten minutes and he goes, "So what course do you do then?"
                                              I said, "Eh, I'm in your class...."

"Oh, I just thought you came out to play football with us every week"

Comment

Stavros #42
                                                lucky-colm? I suck at guessing who are you

Comment

Yeah doing a taught course alright. Pain in the balls, and not really into it. Currently looking at other, and brighter options elsewhere though.

Started in September.

Went to our "class party" after the exams finished there a few weeks ago. Was chatting to one of the lads for about ten minutes and he goes, "So what course do you do then?"
                                                  I said, "Eh, I'm in your class...."

"Oh, I just thought you came out to play football with us every week"
                                                  so u'll be out for the results on thursday - just make sure to chat to the girls this time...

Comment

i've to make a decision about college by the 28th of this month whether i'm going to finish off the year

if i don't i'll have to pay 2k eitherway,

any advice on the pros and cons of college is welcome?

the reason for my wanting to drop out is that i have already missed the 2weeks of this year another 2weeks with going to uruguay

and in general is affecting my ability to play poker which in reality is what i want to do,

i also find it very boring and in general don't look forward to doing it and i don't mean to sound like a smartass but i feel like some of the stuff i know already etc

HELP ME
                                                    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                      lucky-colm? I suck at guessing who are you
                                                      hes eight ball AFAIK

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnmDXv1Nqh4[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                                                          i've to make a decision about college by the 28th of this month whether i'm going to finish off the year

the reason for my wanting to drop out is that i have already missed the 2weeks of this year another 2weeks with going to uruguay

and in general is affecting my ability to play poker which in reality is what i want to do,

i also find it very boring and in general don't look forward to doing it and i don't mean to sound like a smartass but i feel like some of the stuff i know already etc

HELP ME
                                                          what course/year of are you in, if your more then 50% into a degree course then your making a huge mistake by not finishing it.

Comment

HELP ME
                                                            Whatever about your situation dropping out with poker in mind is plain crazy, poker will still be there after college even pretty much during college but at least you'll also have a degree. It's impossibly to predict the state of the games in 3/4 years, even in a short time span than that, finish college then f-ck around as a degen for a bit and at least when you stop you'll have the degree to show for your time. Dropping out of college for anything poker related isn't wise, especially since it's not like any other 'job', you can do ti when you want and can easily at least stay active and sharp and make drinking money while still doing the college thing.
                                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

HELP ME
                                                              Just Stay in college and get the degree in what ever it is - missing 4 weeks is hardly going to mean anything - esp as i think you said you were in first year. college is the best time of your life - going out partying/drinkin/and doin a bit of study.

If you don't like what your doin finish the year and look to transfer into something you do like. In this day and age a degree is very important.

Comment

Ugh, Rasta, why did you have to quote that?

OK Eddie let me explain.

Big Brother is an artificial situation. It is no more reflective of reality than Star Wars. The producers contrive personality clashes so as to inspire "good" tv. In short, it is staged in that there is a conscious desire to manufacture certain situations and "dramas".

Similarly with the Hills and shows of that ilk. Though the characters may be real, to a certain extent, the situations are contrived. "Hey, I am gonna have a big emotional argument with my best friend who tried to kiss my boyfriend. Hmmmm...what to do? I KNOW!!! I better call the production team!!!!!!"

As for you holding opinions.

Hold them all you like. I hold opinions that lots of people disagree with. I actually haven't got that big a problem with your opinions, although they are pretty retarded. Mostly it's your complete and total lack of any sign of logical thought or reasoning which annoys me.

Meh, who cares? You're probably going to retort to this with some attempted piece of flippancy, implying I am a snob of some sort for thinking I am always right (which I don't) and accusing you of thinking the same. Either way, enjoy your life.

Comment

HELP ME
                                                                  If you can do a cost benefit analysis of it, do it! Make it into an EV calc.

One thing I would say is that if you're not going to be a pro poker player, and want a career, you kind of want a degree. In anything mind, I worked a summer on a Dealer Support Desk for a huge Trading Company. My Boss had a first class honours BA in English & History.

What is the course / relevance to your career thoughts?

Do you need college to do what you want?

Can you take a break? Its usually easy enough to have a chat with them and get them to defer your year?

Comment

HELP ME

your only in 1st year? cut your losses and bail IMO - although college is the nuts for avoiding responsibility and a general avoidance of the real world

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                      what course/year of are you in, if your more then 50% into a degree course then your making a huge mistake by not finishing it.
                                                                      1st year, out in maynooth,

i also completed one year in DCU and then went to maynooth

if i was 50% the way der i'd keep her lit

Comment

HELP ME
                                                                        Depends what sort of course you're doing I reckon.

If its the sort of thing that you can ignore until 2/3 weeks before the exams and pass it with a reasonable amount of study, I don't see any reason not to finish.

Whatever happens poker wise in the next 5/10 years, it would be much much better to have a degree to fall back on.

Comment

You're probably going to retort to this with some attempted piece of flippancy, implying I am a snob of some sort for thinking I am always right (which I don't) and accusing you of thinking the same. Either way, enjoy your life.
                                                                          Why would i do that? As you said it's an opinion and i can have it. As for insulting you. Why would i do that? I dont know you that well but im sure your a decent enough normal bloke so i have no reason to call you a snob at all. You have disagreed with 2 or 3 of my opinions, i am open minded tho, but from the stories i have read, i believe its not setup.

And yes i do have a very good life and i enjoy it thankyou

EDIT - Could someone quote this for him please and thats the end of it!

Comment

to give more valid reasons - if you dont like your course theres no point in doing it - research something yo like and do that (i think youl only have to pay for first year and youl get the rest "free") its a good time to be in college now before the reintroduction of fees - its something you might regret down the line

Comment

Just Stay in college and get the degree in what ever it is - missing 4 weeks is hardly going to mean anything - esp as i think you said you were in first year. college is the best time of your life - going out partying/drinkin/and doin a bit of study.

If you don't like what your doin finish the year and look to transfer into something you do like. In this day and age a degree is very important.
                                                                              i am actually on the other side of the fence i believe a degree is worthless to you nowadays unless you go on and do masters amongst other things

If you can do a cost benefit analysis of it, do it! Make it into an EV calc.

One thing I would say is that if you're not going to be a pro poker player, and want a career, you kind of want a degree. In anything mind, I worked a summer on a Dealer Support Desk for a huge Trading Company. My Boss had a first class honours BA in English & History.

What is the course / relevance to your career thoughts?

Do you need college to do what you want?

Can you take a break? Its usually easy enough to have a chat with them and get them to defer your year?
                                                                              i worked out rough figures of how much college costs per year and after 4years

and totaled up wat the opportunity cost of work/playing poker is

and it didn't fare to well for college

tbh my course is more of a feeder imo and unless your willing to do masters its kind of just your basic business degree

and i honestly believe there are certain things in life you cannot learn in a book or a lecture

Assasinato wrote an interesting blog post waaay back about forgoing college for a different lifestyle and was very interesting must try find that actually

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                                              your only in 1st year? cut your losses and bail IMO - although college is the nuts for avoiding responsibility and a general avoidance of the real world

i think i am on this bandwagon tbh

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                  Snowboards cross is AMAZING
                                                                                  Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                                                                  watching it now is foooking brilliant.
                                                                                  I would love a go at that snowboard cross track, its epic!
                                                                                  I could do it too..
                                                                                  Been watching it for the last hour or so and its so fucking good!

Opr

Comment

Deffo keep your outs open with college. If it is first year, drop out, rinse repeat etc... If you have put some decent time and years into it, finsih it.

Also, next time choose a course you like Do some proper research on its content etc...

I know for sure i wouldn't have done my degree if I had to look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                      Whatever about your situation dropping out with poker in mind is plain crazy, poker will still be there after college even pretty much during college but at least you'll also have a degree. It's impossibly to predict the state of the games in 3/4 years, even in a short time span than that, finish college then f-ck around as a degen for a bit and at least when you stop you'll have the degree to show for your time. Dropping out of college for anything poker related isn't wise, especially since it's not like any other 'job', you can do ti when you want and can easily at least stay active and sharp and make drinking money while still doing the college thing.
                                                                                      yeah i can see your point,

obv poker will be around in 3/4years time but look at how much the game has come on in the last 3/4years if i miss the boat on this i may never catch up,

i would prefer to have a degree to fall back

but the current course i am doing, has compulsory classes which means i cannot/miss them and prob have already failed the year,

this is also a decision i am not taking lightly i have already paid 3k in fees never mind expenses

i am actually quite a good crammer and if it wasn't for Continous Assessment i could finish the year,

also if poker goes belly up in X amount of years, and i have no degree to fall back i plan to save a considerable amount and constantly keep my eyes open to opportunities to make money down the line

Comment

You need to have a degree.

Employers aren't looking necessarily for proof of your knowledge when they ask for a degree, but more that you can actually stick with something and get it done - which is probably the most important work skill you can possess.

Switch to something more interesting and less demanding if you want, but you are crazily limited without a degree.
                                                                                        .

Comment

Wow, facebook's great.

A girl I slept with in America 2 years ago just sent me an invite to a competition to help her win a $100,000 Wedding for her and her Fíance.

I obviously helped...

Comment

Why would i do that? As you said it's an opinion and i can have it. As for insulting you. Why would i do that? I dont know you that well but im sure your a decent enough normal bloke so i have no reason to call you a snob at all. You have disagreed with 2 or 3 of my opinions, i am open minded tho, but from the stories i have read, i believe its not setup.And yes i do have a very good life and i enjoy it thankyou

EDIT - Could someone quote this for him please and thats the end of it!
                                                                                            done. While I'm at it, from the stories you've read; does that include this one from the shows latest star?
                                                                                            http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/show...on-a-show.html

But nevermind that Durkin, I have some magic beans for sale, good price for bulk order...
                                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

You need to have a degree.

Employers aren't looking necessarily for proof of your knowledge when they ask for a degree, but more that you can actually stick with something and get it done - which is probably the most important work skill you can possess.

Switch to something more interesting and less demanding if you want, but you are crazily limited without a degree.
                                                                                              yeah i am aware that is the main thing with the degree is starting something and finishing it,

i also honestly believe i could never work for anyone other than myself, that is just the way i am,

cos friends of mine who have no knowledge or background in poker have said your CV is going to look fairly scarce with no job experience

but i said to them if ever did apply or need to apply for a job managing yourself as a poker player is tougher than most job experience imo

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                You raised, got a couple of callers, and then somebody 3bet you and you shipped over the top. 3better called you. Can't remember the board exactly but a 5 came on the river. The 3better had A high and you flipped over the mighty 5c2c to scoop the pot.

I seen them advertised for €16.99 the other day and I thought, hmmmm, must get up on that and now I can't remember where I saw it. Was somewhere on the northside of Dublin!

I've been to the film festival every year since 2003, and each year I normally see about 16-20 films over the course of the festival. This year very little is jumping out at me. I think it's the worst line up since the start of the festival and so far all I've booked is the Surprise Film.

If there are still tickets, book the IFB Shorts on Saturday at 6:30 in the IFI, they are always good. Apart from that, the follwing maybe worth a look

Documentaries

Capitalism : A Love Story - It's Michael Moore but it may be okish
                                                                                                Begums
                                                                                                Videocrazy
                                                                                                Behind The Burly Q

Films

Accident
                                                                                                Between The Canals
                                                                                                Bare Essence of Life
                                                                                                Whatever Works

Defo 2,1 for me - 3 and 4 are complete and utter geebags, wouldn't touch them if you paid me.

She's a complete and utter loon

Legend?? He is possibly the biggest retard I have ever seen in my life. I'm normally a very placid person but if I ever met him in real life, I would kick the shit out of him and take great pleasure in doing so.

You need to rethink your hero list IMO

That's been very generous to the guy!
                                                                                                Ah yes sorry i do remember it now, got me back in it a little then i went and gave it to your man who was to your right when he actually turned up with a legit hand for the night

As yes to the rest of your posts well done
                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

but i said to them if ever did apply or need to apply for a job managing yourself as a poker player is tougher than most job experience imo
                                                                                                  That's the problem with this. The only people who will understand and agree, are people who more than likely wouldn't be interviewing you for a job!

You have to appease HR, its something everyone needs to do.

Comment

You don't need to be in college to enjoy your youth, though it may open you up to certain social circles you would have enjoyed little / no interaction with otherwise. To describe it as a prerequisite to having a rounded social life is pure narrow mindedness imo.

DrJFF: I could lay out the benefits of a degree in terms of the indirect skills you pick up (the ability to disseminate information, think critically, form viewpoints and argue them effectively); the potential life / career platform that can be built (forming friendships that last a lifetime and can help open up doors along the way); and the cultural benefits of being on campus and exposed to so much in the way of art, music, societal discussions, etc.

But you don't gain any of the above when you aren't actively participating in the university from an academic or student life perspective. It's like poker, you get out of it what you put in. I think a lot of people your age drift through because they have no other outs, and they end up with a piece of paper that opens up employment doors - yet rue a missed opportunity later in life.

Most people would tell you to stick it out from a pure life EV perspective. And I would not attempt to argue against the long term financial / stability benefits of a degree. But if you have money, are currently fulfilled by other things, and genuinely do not want to be there then walk away. You can revisit in a couple of years if / when you see an undergraduate program that stimulates you. I know people who dropped out first time around and went back later on, and they got more out of it.

Best of luck whatever you decide.
                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Wow, facebook's great.

A girl I slept with in America 2 years ago just sent me an invite to a competition to help her win a $100,000 Wedding for her and her Fíance.

I obviously helped...
                                                                                                      you know the rule.

LINKY LINK!
                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Also,

I think alot of people will over estimate what they can make from poker. I have no idea on your poker ability so I cant comment any further as to what you will win.

You speak of opportunity costs. Consider the opportunity you are missing on the social exposure at college/real world and the chance to nail a few fatties out of your class opposed to grinding hands online. There will alway be hands to play, but I know i'd regret not going to college because of the amount of people I have met and the general life experience it brings, and I'm still in my early 20's.

Also poker might seem like an ideal career but I would imagine there is a higher % of players that tried to go pro and quit, to players who went pro and kept it up. You essentially are working at home every day in social isolation which is not cool in the long run imo.

Comment

you know the rule.

LINKY LINK!
                                                                                                          sigh, I need to stop putting so much things in the public domain, but, I'll put this here as long as some people actually do the voting yoke.

Comment

Wow, facebook's great.

I obviously helped...
                                                                                                            you sound pretty bitter she got away

Comment

thanks for all the responses so far they have all been really helpful

and help think of things i may have not thought of yet, i will certainly take it all on board,

in particular i thought your post was good, like you don't need college to enjoy your youth,

i think this is something i will regret and the door will never be closed on the college scene but the chance to take a shot at something i really enjoy may not come around again

Comment

Eddie your a disgrace.
                                                                                                                The Hills is set up Fact and dont get me started on Big Brother.

There is only one reality show worth watching, A show that guarantees 90 minutes of serious competition, blood , sweat and tears , exquisite touches and some great finishing. Thats right folks its back this Thursday at half 8 on BBC1. The one, The only

MASTERCHEF

Comment

...

Comment

sigh, I need to stop putting so much things in the public domain, but, I'll put this here as long as some people actually do the voting yoke.

http://www.ultimateweddingcontest.com/entries/28654
                                                                                                                    [ ] Would hit
                                                                                                                    [X] Old looking
                                                                                                                    [X] Needs a nose job

Comment

http://www.ultimateweddingcontest.com/entries/28654
                                                                                                                      Would tap, good job.
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                                      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

[ ] Would hit
                                                                                                                        [X] Old looking
                                                                                                                        [X] Needs a nose job

I was with the girl, not the lad

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                          Eddie your a disgrace.
                                                                                                                          Jesus! Bit OTT imo but i have a big spine so ill just laugh it off!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X