Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't be able to win anything with Barnes in this mood.

Not even a warning with three straight offsides in the 22.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
      We have the winning of this game we just have to stop fcuking ourselves in the ass

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

We need to get the next 2 scores whether they be penalties or tries and the french will buckle. if they score next we will get massacred

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

I am only a casual rugby fan but this popped into my head at the time that surely more action should have been taken.

What would normally happen, Warning -> Next time penalty try ?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
            I am only a casual rugby fan but this popped into my head at the time that surely more action should have been taken.

What would normally happen, Warning -> Next time penalty try ?

Opr
            In fairness he let us away with collapsing the scrum 3 times before France got their first try....

ok here we go lets go Ireland!!!!!!

Comment

Jerry Flannery's moment of madness meant it was 10-0 and not 3-3.

Not being able to take a restart was disastrous after we got gifted the 3 points by France.

Basterau being allowed to break the line off first phase like that was terrible.

Wayne Barnes needed to show a yellow card to a French player after Wallace's excellent kick. They denied Ireland a genuine Try Scoring Opportunity illegally, and cynically. Haven't seen a more clear cut sin binning (apart from Flannery) in a long time.

We're beating ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                Try using moneybookers. Not many people would use Bruce on here, certainly not as many as FT/Stars
                thanks for that.
                http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                  So how do you ignore someone here?

Wales - Scotland...what a game!!!!
                  figured it out

Comment

O gara off please, then O'Lery

Comment

Some awful handling there
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I cannot understand how O'Gara is still on the field. FFS Johnny Sexton has to get his chance.
                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

really getting steamrolled here

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Coolstorybro is one of the most annoying memes ever.
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Ireland are in big trouble, this game is over
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

ffs

Comment

If O'Leary wasn't completely retarded he would still only be an average international scrum-half.

Taking quick pens when we have the most dominant lineout in the Northern hemisphere.

Comment

Yeah O'Leary has no brain, that was so stupid to go there on that penalty. We are beating them comfortably in the lineout and had chance to get back into the game with that penalty.
                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

lump money on France if you can get anything better than 1.05 imo...

Comment

LOL, meanwhile Ireland are busy throwing the final of the T20 qualifying tournament against Afghanistan as the runner up will end up in an easier group

Comment

Originally posted by AdMMM View Post
                                          You don't get it yet?

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR A FAT CUNT WITH A HAPHAZARD TRAINING REGIME AND A HORRIBLE DIET TO DO IT.
                                          I concur

Comment

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see England win in a fortnight. It will take a long time to come back from this imo.

Comment

ANNIHILATED fml..
                                              Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

FML even further
                                                Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Ok time for a balanced arguement;

First what positives can we take from this
                                                  1. our lineout was good again today and we stole a lot of french ball
                                                  2. we kept goin until the end even when the game was out of reach - fruitless but nice to see none the less.
                                                  3. IMO we genuinely tried to get back into the game and were just beaten by a better French Team who got the bounce of the ball on the day too

Negatives;
                                                  1. our front row was a massive contributor to us losing today and with a world cup coming up it will be hard to draft in new talent - we will get Destroyed by Southern Hemisphere Scrums
                                                  2. O leary is too rash, O gara cant tackle and Paddy wallace is more of a hinderence to Irish rugby than an asset.
                                                  3. We have some of the best backs in the world and yet we continue to bash it up front trying to gain hard yards - this is not optimal when wer getting beaten pretty badly at the breakdown

I'd be more concerned what this loss means for our world cup ambitions rather than just the loss today in isolation

Comment

New HBO show starting tomorrow night looks interesting. Its getting mixed reviews so far with many people saying its kinda like Entourage "the early years" before Vince got famous.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw4V0r2N0iM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Opr

Comment

2. O leary is too rash, O gara cant tackle and Paddy wallace is more of a hinderence to Irish rugby than an asset.
                                                      O'Leary has actually been very poor for the last while, I would prefer to see Stringer start ahead of him, but also feel Reddan needs to up his game. It really is his position to take.

O'Gara has gone through so many years without ever learning to tackle, I don't think he ever will. Unfortunately we just have to accept this, and be aware that every time he plays at 10, we have a gap in our defence.

Paddy Wallace had a poor game today, but I think that he's been playing very well recently. His kick to the corner was sublime, and should've earned a try / sin bin for the French.

D'Arcy had a good fame today, was very happy with him. Was very unhappy to see him come off holding his arm, could be terrible news.

I had completely forgotten that with Fitz injured, we don't really have another viable 15, and with Kearney looking badly hurt, we are going to have to figure something out, fast.

The thing with the game today, was that we actually didn't play badly. I counted at least 5 times were the ball "almost" stuck, the pass "almost" made it, and the bounce of the ball cost us a try. We really only needed one or two of these to work to have had a much better chance of sticking with France.

France were absolutely fantastic today though.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                        O'Leary has actually been very poor for the last while, I would prefer to see Stringer start ahead of him, but also feel Reddan needs to up his game. It really is his position to take.

O'Gara has gone through so many years without ever learning to tackle, I don't think he ever will. Unfortunately we just have to accept this, and be aware that every time he plays at 10, we have a gap in our defence.

Paddy Wallace had a poor game today, but I think that he's been playing very well recently. His kick to the corner was sublime, and should've earned a try / sin bin for the French.

D'Arcy had a good fame today, was very happy with him. Was very unhappy to see him come off holding his arm, could be terrible news.

I had completely forgotten that with Fitz injured, we don't really have another viable 15, and with Kearney looking badly hurt, we are going to have to figure something out, fast.

The thing with the game today, was that we actually didn't play badly. I counted at least 5 times were the ball "almost" stuck, the pass "almost" made it, and the bounce of the ball cost us a try. We really only needed one or two of these to work to have had a much better chance of sticking with France.

France were absolutely fantastic today though.
                                                        All good points but you have to admit our front row is a disaster

Comment

Time to cheer us up

Comment

mmm shyla styles
                                                            Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Ok time for a balanced arguement;

First what positives can we take from this
                                                              1. our lineout was good again today and we stole a lot of french ball
                                                              2. we kept goin until the end even when the game was out of reach - fruitless but nice to see none the less.
                                                              3. IMO we genuinely tried to get back into the game and were just beaten by a better French Team who got the bounce of the ball on the day too

Negatives;
                                                              1. our front row was a massive contributor to us losing today and with a world cup coming up it will be hard to draft in new talent - we will get Destroyed by Southern Hemisphere Scrums
                                                              3. We have some of the best backs in the world and yet we continue to bash it up front trying to gain hard yards - this is not optimal when wer getting beaten pretty badly at the breakdown

I'd be more concerned what this loss means for our world cup ambitions rather than just the loss today in isolation
                                                              The French were immense and there was no way any Irish team could ever have won that game; as someone that went to Templeogue and accepted many years ago that there are teams that are just plain better than you you just gotta move on and chalk it up to experience.

I will agree that TOL is an absolute retard but criticism of O'Gara and Wallace is a bit OTT. What was O'Gara meant to do? He made 2 retarded kicks at the start of the second half but apart from that did what he could when we got clean possession.

This game was lost almost entirely at the breakdown. When you win 50% of the opposition lineout and still have trouble creating clean ball and stringing phases together you know your pack has been dominated.

Wallace is a good player, he only made a few handling errors but made some intelligent kicks and is generally a really clever player, although he is far too lightweight to play centre internationally. It's a mark of how good he is that he can play at all given his size at international level. He came into an absolutely abysmal situation and nerves are to be expected tbh. He's not the only one who made handling errors, Earls was guilty of a lot of unforced errors too, even moreso than Wallace.

Saying that we were "keeping it in the pack and trying to gain hard yards" is waaay too simplistic. Putting the ball wide off slow ball against a defence that was playing as well as the French were is suicide. Phases needed to be built in order to gain momentum and clean possession. Unfortunately the French were just awesome in the tackle area and we never got going in attack at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                New HBO show starting tomorrow night looks interesting. Its getting mixed reviews so far with many people saying its kinda like Entourage "the early years" before Vince got famous.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr
                                                                Will be checking it out anyway, could be good

Comment

I thought ROG was very poor with his use of possession in the first twenty minutes of the game when we were on top. Alot of fairly aimless kicks he just grubbered through into touch in the french 22. The problem with ROG game is as a defender you know he will always pass it so as a defender you can drift off him and can be included as a extra man against D'arcy and BOD. Sexton has the ability to break through the line and thus can also help create the space out wide. I'd love to see him start for the rest of the 6 nations.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                    I thought ROG was very poor with his use of possession in the first twenty minutes of the game when we were on top. Alot of fairly aimless kicks he just grubbered through into touch in the french 22. The problem with ROG game is as a defender you know he will always pass it so as a defender you can drift off him and can be included as a extra man against D'arcy and BOD. Sexton has the ability to break through the line and thus can also help create the space out wide. I'd love to see him start for the rest of the 6 nations.
                                                                    I disagree that ROG was poor in his use of possession in the first 20, I think he played territory quite well. When we were camped out in the French 22 in the first few minutes we never got a look in, their defence was class.

Fair point about his one-sidedness allowing the French to drift early though, Sexton definitely holds the line better and maybe if he was playing it wouldn't have been so easy for them in defence.

Comment

Brag: Won a sat into the FTOPS PLO event starting in 1min.
                                                                      Beat: Invested more than the buy-in degen'ing it up trying to super turbo my way in.
                                                                      Variance: Will get back to ya on that one.
                                                                      It's all an illusion

Comment

some LOL bowling means that Ireland successfully take a dive in the final and lose to Afghanistan.

Afghanistan in a group with South Africa and India inthe finals
                                                                        Ireland in a group with West Indies and England. Not easy but more manageable

Comment

Puts are defeat in perspective Serious back injury for Thom Evans. hopefully he pulls through.

Comment

Who is Eddie Durkin?

Comment

I just saw the Luge crash that claimed the life of the Georgian Olympian and have to say that I'm shocked that a steel support that was so close to the track was left exposed and unpadded.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                Who is Eddie Durkin?
                                                                                DBC

Comment

If we'd have went in at halftime only 7 down we had a great chance of winning it, I blame O'Leary for us not getting a try just before the end of the first half, he tried to go twice and it cost us the second time.

The French are great frontrunners, they are error prone in tight games.

Comment

Who is Eddie Durkin?
                                                                                    DBC
                                                                                    i was thinking it was GoodLuck2me...

Comment

O gara should never be looking to take the ball into contact, just not built for it.
                                                                                      O Driscoll had his worst game in quite some time. His heart was in the right place, but he was determined to be the hero, and his attempts at intercepts meant huge gaps in Irelands defence. He threw several terrible passes.
                                                                                      Handling in general was shocking bad.
                                                                                      Flannery is gonna be out for months.
                                                                                      O Leary had a stinker of a game, he's been working on bulking up, but its cost him speed and passing ability, and his decision making was terrible.
                                                                                      All in all, While France were pretty awesome, Ireland were equally as bad.

Thom Evans, hope he recovers, parents at his bedside is not good news, whatever about back injury, his neck seems to take the brunt of it. Having to swap out the stretcher for the hard one, and get oxygen onto the pitch is not a good sign.
                                                                                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

ok

iam going to go to town for a kebab for me
                                                                                        chips for the lads
                                                                                        curry for the wife

and then play the $75 tournie on ft had a good run there last night

Comment

I hate France so much. So so much. There is nothing about that country or the people I like.

Cork are as bad.

Comment

Take Me Out on TV3 ten minutes ahead of ITV, massively stitching up my English mate on msn as we speak. Going to claw back the last few weeks losses.

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
                                                                                              Brag: Won a sat into the FTOPS PLO event starting in 1min.
                                                                                              Beat: Invested more than the buy-in degen'ing it up trying to super turbo my way in.
                                                                                              Variance: Will get back to ya on that one.
                                                                                              Did you play the CPT game last night? Not a game i will be hurrting back to play

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                Did you play the CPT game last night? Not a game i will be hurrting back to play
                                                                                                Yeah, finished 4th for €700. Head was fried after 10 hours play. How come ya wont be going back? I don't play much live but thought it was a grand mtt and the field was ridic soft.
                                                                                                It's all an illusion

Comment

Anyone watching 'Zulu'? Some interesting facts: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...php?p=62684291

They weren't all Welsh...

Comment

What was Jerry Flannery up to?

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                                      What was Jerry Flannery up to?
                                                                                                      He's accidentally booked a ski holiday for two weeks time, and needed to get the time off. Decided he might as well sort his summer holidays while he was at it I suppose..
                                                                                                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
                                                                                                        Yeah, finished 4th for €700. Head was fried after 10 hours play. How come ya wont be going back? I don't play much live but thought it was a grand mtt and the field was ridic soft.
                                                                                                        Got knocked out 18th, field was really really soft but though the structure wasn't up to much. felt it was push or fold from about 3 tables out really apart from the 3-4 big stacks in play. Was some horrendous players alright, maybe i'm jumpibng the gunon the not going back part nice cash

Comment

Gotta head out to rock the light fantastic, but to entertain the uber-nerbs hanging around at home, enjoy:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v654Jh5Z9u"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v654Jh5Z9u[/ame]
                                                                                                          Last edited by ionapaul; 13-02-10, 21:15.

Comment

cool runnings starting now on bbc3

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                              Got knocked out 18th, field was really really soft but though the structure wasn't up to much. felt it was push or fold from about 3 tables out really apart from the 3-4 big stacks in play. Was some horrendous players alright, maybe i'm jumpibng the gunon the not going back part nice cash
                                                                                                              Cheers. Ah sure I had above average for most of it so am biased. Couldn't get over the shit I was getting away with on 1st table lol. There was plenty of play on the final table and they repeated one of the levels. Only when we were down to 5 it was push bot shit and I was hoping my SnG grindin days would give me an edge. They had a nice glass/crystal trophy for the winner and some nice spot prizes(the wooden poker table was class imo) which I haven't seen offered to often for small field events.

Just hit a savage suck out after making a shitty decision in FTOPS...

Full Tilt Pot-Limit Omaha Tournament, 200/400 Blinds (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t6406)
                                                                                                              MP (t11814)
                                                                                                              CO (t6581)
                                                                                                              Button (t5265)
                                                                                                              Hero (SB) (t12020)
                                                                                                              BB (t11685)

Hero's M: 20.03

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, K, K, A
                                                                                                              2 folds, CO bets t900, 1 fold, Hero raises to t3100, BB raises to t10200, 1 fold, Hero raises to t12020 (All-In), BB calls t1485 (All-In)

Flop: (t24270) 3, 9, 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t24270) 4 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t24270) K (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t24270

I'm a big fish
                                                                                                              It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                                                                                                                ok

iam going to go to town for a kebab for me
                                                                                                                chips for the lads
                                                                                                                curry for the wife

and then play the $75 tournie on ft had a good run there last night

first part of my plan went ok

Photo0178.jpg

iam currently an hour into the second part of the plan and not going to great

Comment

Giovanni Trapattoni is interested in Nigeria job

Opr

Comment

where is everyone

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                      I hate France so much. So so much. There is nothing about that country or the people I like.

Cork are as bad.

Really? I love France. I love driving through it. The relaxed way of life there is something the rest of the western world could learn from. They are total soul crushers on the sporting field but that's another story

Comment

Volver starting on Ch4 in about half an hour is a great film.

Opr

Comment

Who is Eddie Durkin?
                                                                                                                          mdwexford
                                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X