• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Was mentally working it out the same at about that 40-45k so its outside of recount territory. Not sure we're getting there today though as seems loads of the remaining votes are 'this vote has an issue' votes.
        So maybe it's back to Nevada, the slow-counting fuckers.

You would think, of all the places, Las Vegas would have plenty of paper-shuffling talent.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Bet365 dragging the arse out of this payout.

Do we need an AP call, or something to get it done, or will we have to wait til after the lawsuits I wonder.
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
              Bet365 dragging the arse out of this payout.

Do we need an AP call, or something to get it done, or will we have to wait til after the lawsuits I wonder.
              Need a call.

Comment

What do you think this is proof of?!! That lady had voted without the right registration initially (couldn't happen in Ireland), you wouldn't be allowed to vote. And then they went to a personal effort to get her in to fix the mistake that she had made rather than chuck her vote in the bin. She simply wouldn't have had a vote in Ireland.
                i have to agree - the whole process process seems to be very voter friendly

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Certainly one way of looking at it.

The other being that if you are stupid enough to fuck the process up you probably don't deserve to vote anyway.
                  In a lot of cases it's something as trivial as a machine thinking your signature doesn't match the signature they have on file for you, so they ask you to come in and give another specimen. Other cases they request additional ID or proof of address or something like that to make sure you're entitled to a vote, when they have some reason to query. I don't know if there is some other category where it's the voter making a balls of something and having to be called back in, but I haven't heard any examples of that.

Comment

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post

Except for the queues!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Except for the queues!
                      Speaking of Q

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Certainly beats stupid old pencils

Comment

Dunno if you would say that if you either

a. queued for hours to vote
                          b. queue for hours to cure your vote

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            Possible 100k provisional ballots in PA sounds worrying.

You would think a large percentage of those would be in person ballots. Wrong ID etc
                            This sort of suggests it'll be grand:

Then there are the provisional ballots, votes cast by people who couldn’t initially be verified as eligible when they showed up to vote. We don’t know how many exist in the state, but these ballots are usually disproportionately in Philadelphia and tend to pad the Democratic lead by tens of thousands of votes.

This year, two factors complicate an easy analysis of the provisional ballots. Mr. Trump might be helped because the Election Day vote was more Republican this year. On the other hand, the provisional ballot count includes a new group this year: people who received an absentee ballot in the mail but showed up to vote in person and did not surrender their absentee ballot at the polling place. These voters had to vote provisionally to ensure their votes weren’t counted twice.

It’s hard to know how many votes fall into this category, but given the consternation about the reliability of mail voting — on both sides — it could be a lot. These ballots may not be as favorable for Democrats as the overall absentee ballot count, since Democrats had a higher mail ballot return rate than Republicans — perhaps reflecting the president’s criticism of the method. But Democrats still outnumbered Republicans, 52 percent to 34 percent, among the mail ballots that hadn’t been returned heading into the election.

So far, only a handful of very Republican counties have counted their provisional ballots, and the results were nearly identical to the non-provisional results. Mr. Trump would need to do much better in the provisional results to overcome Mr. Biden’s deficit.

There's also around 30k uncounted ballots from Pittsburgh that were delayed yesterday over some procedural issue the GOP raised that should break strongly for Biden.

Comment

Elbows where is that from?
                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Dunno if you would say that if you either

a. queued for hours to vote
                                b. queue for hours to cure your vote
                                Whatever point you are trying to make you are doing it badly.

Comment

So maybe it's back to Nevada, the slow-counting fuckers.

You would think, of all the places, Las Vegas would have plenty of paper-shuffling talent.
                                  Nevada looks golden now. Call this bad boy.

Comment

It was nice to almost ignore the covid shitshow for a few days anyway
                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Whatever point you are trying to make you are doing it badly.
                                      Ultimately i guess i am saying that the whole electoral and voting process is pretty laborious.

Comment

Is that adjusted for the fact that if you go to hospital in America you're bankrupted?

Comment

Ultimately i guess i am saying that the whole electoral and voting process is pretty laborious.
                                          It's definitely not easy. In any country, it's a spectrum of inconvenient.

Do it how the Aussies do, make it illegal not to vote, and give everyone sausages.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Is that adjusted for the fact that if you go to hospital in America you're bankrupted?
                                            No.
                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Keane,

Think you were asking about Irish shops for Christmas presents?

Late Late show tonight was all about featuring Irish companies, full list is on their website

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                Keane,

Think you were asking about Irish shops for Christmas presents?

Late Late show tonight was all about featuring Irish companies, full list is on their website

Yes, thanks for that.

ComradeCollie - belly laugh there, ty

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Elbows where is that from?
                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

CALL IT
                                                        What the fuck
                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Let's shout this horse home now.
                                                          We go again.

Comment

Comment

There's a guy @rileysnyder on Twitter doing digestible live updates of one of the Nevada lawsuits. It's very enjoyable reading how hopeless the cases are and how the judge is just laughing it out of court.

Comment

Comment

*Could be wrong here but was the Czech Rep the only country that made mask wearing mandatory when Covid first hit and had extremely light numbers compared to the rest of Europe marh/aprl/may ?

*Masters next week. DJ or Rham, take your pick. Playing both as feel the FrankinDeChampoo is making the market ( I said similar this USOpen mind).

*Hoping to see some serious figure green screenshot/slips the amount of micro sweating /pre election confidence posting that have been trawled the last month.
                                                                  Last edited by nicnicnic; 07-11-20, 00:35.

Comment

First online session of Dnegs/Polk. Daniel getting smashed. Down around 300k in an hour an half of play. Playing for another 30 minutes or so

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Poor Scott he's not 10% as clever a he thinks he is and so utterly consumed with hatred and fear. Sad.
                                                                          I saw a good quote recently, I wish I had saved it... it was about how engineers like Scott often make the mistake of thinking the rest of the world works along the lines of their comparatively simple field of expertise. It would also apply to Denny's belief that options traders should run countries.

Comment

If I was GOD . THIS is where the vote would end for Mr Biden. 65000 . The whole CNN team sing it .
                                                                            Let me hear you ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

I saw a good quote recently, I wish I had saved it... it was about how engineers like Scott often make the mistake of thinking the rest of the world works along the lines of their comparatively simple field of expertise. It would also apply to Denny's belief that options traders should run countries.
                                                                              I saw a similar quote also and thought total bollox here's a Barnum statement that can be molded to suit any grievance.

A reference of Denny suggesting option traders should run countries would put me right in my place on this ?

Would this be the quote ?

“English unfortunately doesn’t have a precise word for the German “Fachidiot,” a narrowly specialized person accomplished in his own field but a blithering idiot outside it. In any case, a surgeon is basically a skilled auto mechanic who is not bothered by the sight of blood and palpitating organs. We need the surgeon’s skills on pain of agonizing death, and reward him commensurately but that does not make him a Voltaire.”

For me Denny won this forum 4 year ago.

Edit. Soz HJ, reading back it looks like I missed the context. I stand over he effort tough.
                                                                              Last edited by nicnicnic; 07-11-20, 02:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                There's a guy @rileysnyder on Twitter doing digestible live updates of one of the Nevada lawsuits. It's very enjoyable reading how hopeless the cases are and how the judge is just laughing it out of court.
                                                                                Seems like the Simpsons lawyer levels of argumentation.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post

I saw a similar quote also and thought total bollox here's a Barnum statement that can be molded to suit any grievance.

A reference of Denny suggesting option traders should run countries would put me right in my place on this ?

“English unfortunately doesn’t have a precise word for the German “Fachidiot,” a narrowly specialized person accomplished in his own field but a blithering idiot outside it. In any case, a surgeon is basically a skilled auto mechanic who is not bothered by the sight of blood and palpitating organs. We need the surgeon’s skills on pain of agonizing death, and reward him commensurately but that does not make him a Voltaire.”

All votes need to be counted . You got 1 vote .

Comment

Interesting to look at the BF markets:

Overall = 1.04
                                                                                    PA = 1.02
                                                                                    GA = 1.07
                                                                                    AZ = 1.11
                                                                                    NV = 1.02

Comment

...

Comment

So who in the inner circle of the Trump presidency has to look into Donald's eyes and make him recognise reality?

Comment

The 4% return is just mad. And to think the things we do to earn 4% in the savings market.
                                                                                          yeah but it's not after the betfair commission

Comment

Binen bettors who didn't factor post vote shenanigans of 10/15% of the price taken when "lumping" on should consider themselves very lucky and never bet on politics again. The Germans have a term for such a cogitative deficiency :-) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect xx

Comment

...

Comment

Binen bettors who didn't factor post vote shenanigans of 10/15% of the price taken when "lumping" on should consider themselves very lucky and never bet on politics again. The Germans have a term for such a cogitative deficiency :-) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect xx
                                                                                                you OK nic?

Comment

Nope

Unfortunately, the joke wore thin over the years

Comment

Interesting factoid re military ballots (especially in the GA context):

Comment

...

Comment

Isn't the risk / reward wrong? v high expectancy of 3.8% non zero of 100% loss.

didnt quote sorry

Comment

The post-vote shenanigans are in full effect now and don't seem capable of doing anything other than embarrassing Trump further and causing some yet to come localised violence.

Comment

...

Comment

Another dump in AZ and Biden's lead drops to 30k

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

The post-vote shenanigans are in full effect now and don't seem capable of doing anything other than embarrassing Trump further and causing some yet to come localised violence.
                                                                                                                Teri Kanefield was doing excellent threads and articles about why all of the litigation talk was bullshit for weeks in advance of the vote. Essentially it was a projection of the strongman image intended to galvanise his base and discourage opposition but totally doomed as soon as it interacted with a judge.

Comment

Hadn't actually read anything about Joe before.

Did ye all know about his 1972? This by the way, is not him coming from any type of well-to-do background - his father sold used cars after a few years of unemployment, zero politics in his family.

Mad to think he ties all the way back to the time of the last insane President. (Nixon by the end of his presidency used to get hammered and wander the corridors of the WH talking to portraits of dead presidents, then issuing orders to nuke Hanoi - which the defence staff would dutifully ignore)

Comment

ElPresendente de Busto sending out begging letters to fund his fight in the courts

Or so it would seem

​​​​​​​

Comment

I knew I'd seen Trump somewhere before

He'd defo like the last one to be law...

Comment

Looks like we don't get anything more meaningful out of AZ tonight but seems like Biden will cling on there anyway.

GA is inching towards having all votes done and Biden will likewise cling on, with a certain recount coming.

So it's down to PA really to get this thing done. Where are those infamous 30k Pittsburgh votes?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X