Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I went to McDonald's yesterday. Yes there was a long queue. Yes the food was bland, cold by the time I got home and overall disappointing. Yes it was great to feel normal for a bit.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

the default shadow avatar is kinda similar to my real shadow now, with no haircut since Feb

Working the '1970s regional newscaster' look right now
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I was taking a screenshot of something here to try and get someone to help fix a problem, and I noted the last post by AndyFatBastard. No offence Andy, but I had to make a different post be the last one so that I could share a portion of the screenshot without distracting away from the issue! Americans can be precious about things like swearing!

Edit: heh, RDIII made a post anyway. Still.

Comment

Need to get avatars back. Tried to add mine but it didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
            Americans can be precious about things like swearing!

Shower o' cunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              the default shadow avatar is kinda similar to my real shadow now, with no haircut since Feb

Working the '1970s regional newscaster' look right now
              Mine's pretty bad(think last haircut was mid-jan) , have taken to wearing a hairband and the choices in the house aren't great.

Mrs got a hairclippers online so i let the young lad be the guinea pig, holy scalping. May wait it out....

Comment

65F7E016-78E5-494A-9911-0264FCCF7FF2.jpeg
                Attached Files
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

the attention is drawn to the eyebrows there

Comment

I see the Russians still expect the world to believe they have a mortality rate of <1%

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                      Need to get avatars back. Tried to add mine but it didn't work.
                      it's on the list.

Comment

This is EPIC . The dancing priest from Fr Ted inspired this fellow.

Comment

How dya post YouTube's?

Comment

Use the add link option

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                              How dya post YouTube's?
                              That looks like a mobile Youtube link, they never worked. You'll need to c&p the desktop url

Or maybe do what Dom said
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I assume people will just accept they can't vote Green going forward? Seems to be the implications of what they're doing.
                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                  I assume people will just accept they can't vote Green going forward? Seems to be the implications of what they're doing.
                                  would be good news for FG, and probably SDs

you ain't getting any of those middle-class wanky liberal votes

Comment

The Greens are compelled by their party constitution to have a leadership vote after every General Election.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                      The Greens are compelled by their party constitution to have a leadership vote after every General Election.
                                      you would think they might have the smarts to put it off until small matters like 'agreeing a Programme for Government' or 'electing a new Taoiseach' had been concluded

Comment

would be good news for FG, and probably SDs

you ain't getting any of those middle-class wanky liberal votes
                                        SDs are no better. They're great if you don't want any local development, otherwise, just an embarrassment of a party.
                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 21-05-20, 14:37.

Comment

Fun Fact for the Day

Cleopatra lived closer to the invention of the iPhone, than the construction of the pyramids.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                            Fun Fact for the Day

Cleopatra lived closer to the invention of the iPhone, than the construction of the pyramids.
                                            Fun fact no.2 .

Fun fact the actual piano used in Hey Jude recording is the same one Freddy Mercury used in Bohemian Rhapsody.

Comment

Anyone got thoughts on the impact, in the the next 6-18 months, of both the pricing and availability of builders?

Seems like prices went up a lot in last 3-4 years, and builders are hard to find. Are both those likely to reverse with the likely deep depression, and when should one look to take advantage of same?

Could probably do 1 more winter in the house as is. ​​​​​​​

Comment

https should be working now for people.

Comment

Was out for a walk yesterday evening, there must have been at least 30/40 groups of young teens absolutely no distancing at all. They obviously think it's all over. This will kick off again.

3 Garda cars and a van near Tescos in Rathfarnham so must have been some trouble earlier.
                                                  Apparently "two of them hopped on Joneser" according to a young foulmouthed scanger scumbag who seemed intent on broadcasting his every thought in the loudest possible fashion.
                                                  For a generation that are glued to their fucking phones their favourite form of communication seems to be shouting across car parks in affected scangerese.
                                                  Scanger teen who had been fk dis and fk dat sees the van coming "ah fk off Guards will ya"
                                                  Don't know how the Guards restrain themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

SDs are no better. They're great if you don't want any local development, otherwise, just an embarrassment of a party.
                                                    The SD's wanted to go in with FG/FF but knew they would never get party approval. I actually like the SD's but their grassroots are, in general, morons

Comment

Hopefully somebody else can jump it and make the Greens unecessary. I certainly don't want to see them in a government.
                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                        Hopefully somebody else can jump it and make the Greens unecessary. I certainly don't want to see them in a government.
                                                        why?

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                          Was out for a walk yesterday evening, there must have been at least 30/40 groups of young teens absolutely no distancing at all. They obviously think it's all over. This will kick off again.

3 Garda cars and a van near Tescos in Rathfarnham so must have been some trouble earlier.
                                                          Apparently "two of them hopped on Joneser" according to a young foulmouthed scanger scumbag who seemed intent on broadcasting his every thought in the loudest possible fashion.
                                                          For a generation that are glued to their fucking phones their favourite form of communication seems to be shouting across car parks in affected scangerese.
                                                          Scanger teen who had been fk dis and fk dat sees the van coming "ah fk off Guards will ya"
                                                          Don't know how the Guards restrain themselves.
                                                          The Garda are afraid of them. Do the right thing and arrest them and they accuse you if all sorts from accusing the Garda of using unsuitable language to assault. These things are all investigated now by independent investigators. It's a nightmare for Garda and Prison Officers.
                                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

why?
                                                            Because I'm giving the state enough of my money already.

Comment

Because I'm giving the state enough of my money already.
                                                              Interesting mindset.

Comment

Interesting mindset.
                                                                What does that mean? I know we are looking at more taxes if the greens are in power.

And as an aside Micheal Martin and Eamon Ryan should never be in government after being ministers in the worst government in the history of the state.

Comment

The Garda are afraid of them. Do the right thing and arrest them and they accuse you if all sorts from accusing the Garda of using unsuitable language to assault. These things are all investigated now by independent investigators. It's a nightmare for Garda and Prison Officers.
                                                                  And the sad thing is these little fuckers aren't even the genuine article. They aspire to be scangers putting on their heaviest Dublin accent.
                                                                  if they ever met the real deal they would most likely soil themselves and their Nike Air max "in all in anyways"

The loudmouth was like a lamb when the Guards asked for name and address mind
                                                                  "Beaumont Ave" lol ...real wild west territory there.

Comment

Anyone got thoughts on the impact, in the the next 6-18 months, of both the pricing and availability of builders?

Seems like prices went up a lot in last 3-4 years, and builders are hard to find. Are both those likely to reverse with the likely deep depression, and when should one look to take advantage of same?

Could probably do 1 more winter in the house as is.
                                                                    Be weird for a while yet
                                                                    most builders are getting back to old sites they were on pre lockdown
                                                                    talking about new building regs ref who and what’s allowed on site due to social distancing
                                                                    saving house prices should drop but costs will go up
                                                                    a few I talked to in last few days are thinking of winding down based on what’s ahead
                                                                    ​​​​​​​the cash builder will be busy

Comment

What does that mean? I know we are looking at more taxes if the greens are in power.
                                                                      It means I think your mindset is interesting.

What does 'more taxes' mean?

Do you mean new taxes? Or increases in existing ones? Or both?

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

Be weird for a while yet
                                                                        most builders are getting back to old sites they were on pre lockdown
                                                                        talking about new building regs ref who and what’s allowed on site due to social distancing
                                                                        saving house prices should drop but costs will go up
                                                                        a few I talked to in last few days are thinking of winding down based on what’s ahead
                                                                        the cash builder will be busy
                                                                        yeah, I guess should also wait and see what makes it into actual reality in terms of grants for retrofitting. There was a pilot deep retrofit program before but it was very limited in terms of numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                          What's going on with the greens?

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                            Used to enjoy the jogging in Sydney, but when moved back to Ireland, that kinda fell to the wayside and piled on the weight again. Just finish a tough work session which meant I couldnt leave the apartment for couple of days on end. Thankfully will calm down a bit and will be able to stop working at 6pm most days for the the next couple of months.

So decided to redo the C25K as felt very unfit. Week one start here and it will dovetail nicely with the government roadmap for easing restrictions.

So far so good..
                                                                            Three weeks training completed so far. The feeling after completing a session is amazing, but feel I am going a bit too slow, however if I speed up I find it hard to maintain.

Anyway it nice to have a constructive training plan as it keeps the focus rather than just jog till you can't
                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

yeah, I guess should also wait and see what makes it into actual reality in terms of grants for retrofitting. There was a pilot deep retrofit program before but it was very limited in terms of numbers.
                                                                                They might look at bringing back the scheme they had a couple of years ago re the claiming back the vat over a couple of re tax rebate for getting works done in the home as it was a decent success re what work we got out of it and the money that was made
                                                                                fingers crossed not as many lose their jobs and the economy gets back to where we were 3 months ago

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post

The SD's wanted to go in with FG/FF but knew they would never get party approval. I actually like the SD's but their grassroots are, in general, morons
                                                                                  I like how you snuck in here barely noticed! Welcome back.

Comment

It means I think your mindset is interesting.

What does 'more taxes' mean?

Do you mean new taxes? Or increases in existing ones? Or both?
                                                                                    Most likely both.

Comment

Most likely both.
                                                                                      but which ones? I'n curious as to whether your belief is founded in actual facts, or just a general suspicion. There's been no facts yet...

Comment

new site is nice. Won't take much acclimatisation.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

They might look at bringing back the scheme they had a couple of years ago re the claiming back the vat over a couple of re tax rebate for getting works done in the home as it was a decent success re what work we got out of it and the money that was made
                                                                                          fingers crossed not as many lose their jobs and the economy gets back to where we were 3 months ago
                                                                                          I don’t think so. I think it will be a specific green initiative. The vat rebate on 30k was nice but it was very broad and only suited folk with a decent bit to spend as it was only 13.5% at the end of the day. A decent grant (30% of costs or more) for people spending 5k or more upto say 20k on improving the energy efficiency of their house is what I’m expecting. Spread the love more widely to folk doing more modest projects and keep the greens happy. Still won’t do a lot for RDIII though...

Building costs have exploded over the past 3 years and I don’t think they will fall ( for non cash builders) for at least two years. Social distancing and the lack of tradespeople will remains issues.

I know I’ve made this point before but most people are currently significantly underinsured on the rebuild cost of their homes.
                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

If you're doing a full-on retrofit, 20k won't get you all that far.

Don't put V in charge Taoiseach Ryan

Comment

Wonder is Hitch just posting away to himself on that demo site, oblivious to the change.

A parallel universe.

Comment

but which ones? I'n curious as to whether your belief is founded in actual facts, or just a general suspicion. There's been no facts yet...
                                                                                                Well you are being very curious. Do you not think they'll tax the living fuck out of everything they deem bad for the environment?

Comment

Has anyone found a style that makes it easier to see who's who?

I guess avatars once fixed will help with this, but at the moment I have to keep zooming in to see who it is that's posting.

Same with thanks/likes

Do like some of the features of this, and also don't feel comfortable complaining given the effort Dom has put in.

Comment

Well you are being very curious. Do you not think they'll tax the living fuck out of everything they deem bad for the environment?
                                                                                                    No. They'll look for increased carbon taxes but our commitments in that regard are already made so it wouldn't matter who was in government.

If increased taxes on bad environmental behaviour are what it takes to get us compliant, then so be it. It would be nice if people did it voluntarily but if they need an incentive, then paying less tax is a good one. We have to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                      Has anyone found a style that makes it easier to see who's who?

I guess avatars once fixed will help with this, but at the moment I have to keep zooming in to see who it is that's posting.

Same with thanks/likes

Do like some of the features of this, and also don't feel comfortable complaining given the effort Dom has put in.
                                                                                                      Just discovered mobile version sorts that problem out. I'll use that until the avatars are fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        Wonder is Hitch just posting away to himself on that demo site, oblivious to the change.

A parallel universe.
                                                                                                        it's disabled now, so it'd be a good trick! Who knows where he has got to!

Comment

10100. Scientific notation. What a vital step forward for IPB!

Comment

No. They'll look for increased carbon taxes but our commitments in that regard are already made so it wouldn't matter who was in government.

If increased taxes on bad environmental behaviour are what it takes to get us compliant, then so be it. It would be nice if people did it voluntarily but if they need an incentive, then paying less tax is a good one. We have to change.
                                                                                                            Leave my plane alone, you commies.

Comment

Thanks for all the work Dom btw, Im sure its unwanted pain!

Comment

Getting that on chrome. Had to use firefox to post it!
                                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Getting that on chrome. Had to use firefox to post it!
                                                                                                                  It's related to the site being able to use https again. I was getting it earlier but then it stopped after I made a change. Seems not to havefixed it for everyone though. Perhaps clear browser cache and try again, maybe restart browser or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                    Thanks for all the work Dom btw, Im sure its unwanted pain!
                                                                                                                    Massively. I didn't want to move from the old site but it was forced on me basically by all the errors. Few teething problems now,but at least the previous errors seem to be gone.

Comment

Avatars ahoy!

Comment

I'm using the 'Black Red' theme and personally reckon its much nicer than 'Dark'

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                                          Avatars ahoy!
                                                                                                                          Test
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X