This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    If it were my son and he admitted it (or worse it had to be proved) i'd like to think i'd personally fly him over to London once travel restrictions were lifted and ask him to repeat what he said to Ian Wrights face. Then again thats easier said from the outside.
    I make it 2/1 there’ll be a heartwarming doc where the fella fr Tralee gets flown over to London on to meet wrighty and he gets an hour long lecture about racism-final scene they hug and the Tralee guy gets a nifty sideline giving anti racism talks at at schools and on YouTube/tedx talks
    Bressie may or may not get involved
    Una mulalley 1/100 to get involved
    Last edited by Guest; 11-05-20, 22:25.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
      Its not shaming or victim blaming. Unless he first did rigorous checks that the lad in question was indeed the author of the vile abuse then he's running the risk of putting someone innocent at a vulnerable age under severe mental health strain.

And even if/when its confirmed it was that kid, his life is utterly ruined. Theres probably sex offenders who'd have more obscurity and opportunity in life than him now. Maybe he or you feel that that's fair game. I just feel at his age there was a better way of dealing with it.
      Grow up FFS.

It will all be forgotten about in a few months.

Kid was a prat, and got called out on it. Nobody is going to care about it eventually.
      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Might be a job for him in the Trump social media camp dealing with those uppity female Asian reporters.

Comment

Its not shaming or victim blaming. Unless he first did rigorous checks that the lad in question was indeed the author of the vile abuse then he's running the risk of putting someone innocent at a vulnerable age under severe mental health strain.
          Eh, that's victim blaming bro. A black man after being called a nigger and a coon should rigorously check his facts before complaining about it, in case he offends the person? Really?

And even if/when its confirmed it was that kid, his life is utterly ruined. Theres probably sex offenders who'd have more obscurity and opportunity in life than him now. Maybe he or you feel that that's fair game. I just feel at his age there was a better way of dealing with it.
          His life isn't ruined, nobody will care about him or this in 2 weeks time. He's hopefully learnt a valuable life lesson, and Ian Wright posting it has hopefully shielded non famous no platform black kids from some of it.

Funny, if you Google the little prick there's already a paedophile rapist in the top hits with that name, lucky for him.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Feeling unbelievably fucking down the last few days.

The world, it seems, has accepted Ok, basically we have to adopt herd immunity. That's the reality of it. It makes absolutely no fucking sense, as infections continue to climb many countries announce let's get back to it, and I find it really hard to stomach. Different words, and different nonsense but the cog of economics and the system that we are all trapped in is just too powerful. I feel a sense of hopelessness and sadness that I have never experienced.

There is now a literal price on what a human life is. I have never felt so alienated from many of my freinds. It means our parents will die, it wont be our parents until it is and only then will it probably hit home, if then, even then it probably wont such is our numbness and acceptance.

Comment

Feeling so incredibly alienated from anyone who doesnt understand that basic global economics have now attributed us all a number and said Ok x amount of deaths means business goes back to normal, that's the price we pay. I cant deal with the sadness and hopelessness of that transaction. I cant deal with the veil, the living breathing organism so powerful that it turns us against each other somehow that even this isnt enough for us all the shout Stop. If this isnt enough, nothing will be.

Comment

Patrick O'Brien a nice generic name to have in this spot at least
                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                  Feeling unbelievably fucking down the last few days.

The world, it seems, has accepted Ok, basically we have to adopt herd immunity. That's the reality of it. It makes absolutely no fucking sense, as infections continue to climb many countries announce let's get back to it, and I find it really hard to stomach. Different words, and different nonsense but the cog of economics and the system that we are all trapped in is just too powerful. I feel a sense of hopelessness and sadness that I have never experienced.

There is now a literal price on what a human life is. I have never felt so alienated from many of my freinds. It means our parents will die, it wont be our parents until it is and only then will it probably hit home, if then, even then it probably wont such is our numbness and acceptance.
                  There was always a 'price' on human life. If you're poor, you don't matter. Nothing has changed there. Maybe it is more out in the open right now but it doesn't take much to look at what's been going on for all of human history to see that most people are just resources for the rich. Unless you're part of the 0.01% you're just a slave to the system too to be honest. We all are really.

Comment

Yeah that's very true, the relativity isn't lost on me. It is equally disguisitng, as am I. Maybe its part of the human condition that you only really notice when it slaps you in the face.

Where do you go and what do you do when you can longer look at the system, the way we are, how the way the world is?

I guess what's left is I cant think of the word, pretty sure it begins with A, where you reject everything basically? What's the word?

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                      If recent election results here, in the UK and America have thought us anything it is that the general public are incredibly selfish, short sighted and well stupid!!
                      I think elections really hammer home the notion that 50% of people are likely below average intelligence .

I mean what age is he? 17-19?? Even assuming guilt he could be just a product of his environment
                      Kerry is pretty bad, but I think that's a bit OOT.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Not that the above is actually what happened (he wrote the racist abuse himself) but T&Cs do apply here:

I imagine your play above would result in you being laughed out of court, with costs awarded against you.
                      Twitter's T&Cs only cover Twitter's liability. Hitch was referring to defamation proceeding against a celebrity that incorrectly goes public.

He could maybe argue that you're responsible for all activity. But that wouldn't prevent any incorrect statements being slanderous. Hitch may have a winner.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Funny, if you Google the little prick there's already a paedophile rapist in the top hits with that name, lucky for him.
                      Let's not jump to any conclusions, could be the same person.

Comment

Yeah that's very true, the relativity isn't lost on me. It is equally disguisitng, as am I. Maybe its part of the human condition that you only really notice when it slaps you in the face.

Where do you go and what do you do when you can longer look at the system, the way we are, how the way the world is?

I guess what's left is I cant think of the word, pretty sure it begins with A, where you reject everything basically? What's the word?
                        Ambivalence?

Dont focus on the dark side . Sometimes you can decide to reject the late night internal tempests

Comment

Sounds like you are talking about nihilism.

Comment

golfs opening for us on wednesday. lots of rules and regulations but at least they're open!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Lines beginning to blur between reality and fiction in dear old Blighty

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  Was asking a colleague in work about my nascent crypto portfolio and he laughed at my purchase of Kyber. And idea where I can be reading to get good ideas on what to invest in?
                                  Properly in about 6-9 months!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                    Lines beginning to blur between reality and fiction in dear old Blighty

?

Just looks like the same public health advice, rebranded
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

If a mad bi polar clown like me watched it could I become normal ???
                                      Just been released back into the wild after another brief stay in the funny farm lol. Met a poor fuckr there who informed me over lunch he was going on a trip to space for the afternoon. He invited me to join him. I declined his kind offer by telling him I had just come back having spent the morning in space and found it kinda boring. Poor mental health can be very difficult but can provide some good lols. My only saving grace is the fact that I have a marvelous sense of humour. By fck I need it at times. Not much social distancing going on though. Patients hugging and sharing cigarettes and lighters etc. etc.

Comment

Was asking a colleague in work about my nascent crypto portfolio and he laughed at my purchase of Kyber. And idea where I can be reading to get good ideas on what to invest in?
                                        You could do an ETF, buy some of all of them haha. If you bought the top 10 on Jan 1st you'd be up 42% now.

Speaking of crypto, the BTC halving happened yesterday. So far, with previous ones this has led to price increases. Past performance blah blah. The final block had the message: "With $2.3T Injection, Fed's Plan Far Exceeds 2008 Rescue".
                                        BTC is still the only one I've really held on to.
                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 12-05-20, 10:04.

Comment

2017 called, it wants its coin back

no idea about who actually knows what they're talking about. I'm in the Kyber Telegram group thing but never read any of those updates, doubt there's much to be gained there. Timex and Jason Mo are two smart poker guys on Twitter that talk about crypto. Not actively following any crypto stuff atm, but at least I know those guys are pretty smart and not shills so can't be bad listening to their thoughts.
                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

The general consensus here is that the approach the government has taken (re covid obv) is good right? What would you have done differently?

Comment

Rattled!

Comment

Sourdough bread is a foul evil temptress. What chance do I have ?

Comment

Rattled!

Yer wan was a bit too quick to play the racist card.

Comment

?

Just looks like the same public health advice, rebranded
                                                    Aah the Tories and Tory press running round in circles, multiple messages and eventually back to the startish

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                      I think elections really hammer home the notion that 50% of people are likely below average intelligence .

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Yeah, he has called it the "China virus" from the start hasnt he? No way that's a pop at her and she jumps on it. Lady that gets called next in line gives up her spot so the Asian lady can carry on and then complains when someone else is called up. Seems those 2 ruined it for the other reporters. Not sure why Trump is getting so much heat for that exchange, he must have a packed schedule and needs things to move quickly.

Not a fan of trump at all but seems people are just outraged for the sake of it with him now.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                          Yer wan was a bit too quick to play the racist card.
                                                          You played the she played the race card card a bit quick there

Comment

this is great.

Comment

If a black fella asked me about AIDs in America and I said why don't you ask the Africans I think it would be fair enough for him to ask me was I being a racist.

If my friend says no he says that to everyone not just you it would probably be fair enough for the black fella to take that as confirmation that I was a racist

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                If a black fella asked me about AIDs in America and I said why don't you ask the Africans I think it would be fair enough for him to ask me was I being a racist.

If my friend says no he says that to everyone not just you it would probably be fair enough for the black fella to take that as confirmation that I was a racist
                                                                Yeah hes a racist, no disagreement but he wasnt specifically using it as a slur towards her which she implied.

Comment

You played the she played the race card card a bit quick there
                                                                  I spend my life repenting at my leisure

Comment

Now this is...

I somehow managed to misplace yesterday so that should be my Twitter reading for the week

Comment

I've deleted some posts with some unsubstantiated cheating allegations in them. I have no idea what is or isn't happening, but doesn't seem appropriate to be posting about it here as is.

Comment

Boss just stated we are 'might be working from home for one more year'

Might have to join jbravado in the black Pit of Doom.

Or google 'boarding schools on remote islands'

Comment

Comment

If a consistent racist says something that might be racist, it probably is racist. Bayesian priors ftw.
                                                                            CHINA .

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                              I've deleted some posts with some unsubstantiated cheating allegations in them. I have no idea what is or isn't happening, but doesn't seem appropriate to be posting about it here as is.
                                                                              Damn WFH. Missed the popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                Yeah hes a racist, no disagreement but he wasnt specifically using it as a slur towards her which she implied.
                                                                                I don't think it's probably all that important to be dissecting what was being implied by the person asking the racist who had just been racist if he was being a racist

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                  Damn WFH. Missed the popcorn.
                                                                                  Seems it was only poker cheating. I was hoping it was people riding each other when they shouldn't be.
                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                    Seems it was only poker cheating. I was hoping it was people riding each other when they shouldn't be.
                                                                                    Same thing, no?

Comment

I don't think it's probably all that important to be dissecting what was being implied by the person asking the racist who had just been racist if he was being a racist
                                                                                      I think its VERY Important. If people needlessly accuse racism when it's not clear it dilutes the actual barefaced stuff he does and helps promote his fake news mantra .

Comment

Nah, she was off the mark in that clip. He has consistently called it the China virus because hes a moron. It wasn't a racial dig at her like she tried to make out.

Dunno why I'm bothering tbh. Feel dirty defending him

Comment

Yeah not something I want to spend any more time on either!

Comment

I hear you're all racists in Kerry now

Comment

Boss just stated we are 'might be working from home for one more year'

Might have to join jbravado in the black Pit of Doom.

Or google 'boarding schools on remote islands'
                                                                                              on a related note, the local school called us with a cancellation for a place in this years enrollment. The had initially bumped her down the line due to her age but a chance meeting with a teacher there seems to have found a place

She's champing at the bit to go back to school but has vastly outgrown the playtime school of her current place.
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anyone here do yoga regularly that may be able to speak about long term benefits?

I've started doing it pretty much daily for the last two weeks. Holy shit, it has been so good for my body! Its really helped with old sports injuries and stiffness. Nothing I tried before has been quite as beneficial. The biggest take away though is just general feeling of my core, hips, back, legs being loose and awake. Awake or activated is the only way I can describe it - just generally feel that my day to day movement isn't as restricted as previously. Probably the best its been since I was in my teens. Sitting at a desk is so much more comfortable than a month ago, just not comparable.

I'm not doing much, just 20ish minutes each morning before work or breakfast at weekends. Its basic enough stuff and I just follow a youtuber's 30 day routine. I only started this because I had been ridiculously sedentary the last few months and was afraid of getting injured running or getting back into S&C style training for GAA. Don't think I'll give it up now and there's a likelihood I'll keep it up as a daily routine. Fwiw there's not too much of the philosophical preachy stuff which has suited me. Link to youtuber below for the curious:

Yoga provides us the tools for getting to know who we really are. This journey is about reuniting with your self through regular practice. Through the proces...

Comment

That dog must have had a whopper walk before that. Any time I try and exercise at home my dogs just jump all over me and take over my mat. Might try that though as she sounds like a very relaxing person to listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                    Check this out

Comment

Yeah I've used Adriene on and off for years, great channel and yoga is great for your body. The 30 day challenges are great. It makes you fell good physically and mentally. After two weeks it was the first time I could ever touch my toes haha.

Comment

That dog must have had a whopper walk before that. Any time I try and exercise at home my dogs just jump all over me and take over my mat. Might try that though as she sounds like a very relaxing person to listen to.
                                                                                                        The most chilled dog in history. Always asleep and never budges. Its definitely worth it man. Takes a few days/lessons to feel the benefits. The first couple of lessons were uncomfortable on the hips and knees but since then its been easier.

I don't know how long I've tried suggesting different sports/hobbies to the missus and we never find something that we both want to keep up. Yoga seems to be the only one so far. Might be worth seeing if you missus is interested too.

Comment

...

Comment

Saw that. He changed all his profiles and made them private pretty fast. Still reported them and some wan found his mother and sent a message. She said she was made aware and is dealing with it so hopefully shes the good sort. What even enters someone's head to say that shit
                                                                                                            I think the fact he's presented himself at a Garda station suggests this isn't a question of upbringing.
                                                                                                            The comments are idiotic, probably thought they'd be ignored/not read given Wrights popularity, but a lesson will have been learned I think.

I'm undecided on whether publishing the name was the right thing, and given the furore that's its caused I think it'll probably be a net benefit.

I also think that people unaffected by behaviour rarely understand the impact of that behaviour, so unless you've been marginalised you'll probably never understand the damage of racism, and that it's not just "banter", and events like this publicly show to those people how unacceptable it is.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                              Anyone here do yoga regularly that may be able to speak about long term benefits?

I've started doing it pretty much daily for the last two weeks. Holy shit, it has been so good for my body! Its really helped with old sports injuries and stiffness. Nothing I tried before has been quite as beneficial. The biggest take away though is just general feeling of my core, hips, back, legs being loose and awake. Awake or activated is the only way I can describe it - just generally feel that my day to day movement isn't as restricted as previously. Probably the best its been since I was in my teens. Sitting at a desk is so much more comfortable than a month ago, just not comparable.

I'm not doing much, just 20ish minutes each morning before work or breakfast at weekends. Its basic enough stuff and I just follow a youtuber's 30 day routine. I only started this because I had been ridiculously sedentary the last few months and was afraid of getting injured running or getting back into S&C style training for GAA. Don't think I'll give it up now and there's a likelihood I'll keep it up as a daily routine. Fwiw there's not too much of the philosophical preachy stuff which has suited me. Link to youtuber below for the curious:
                                                                                                              i love it tbh. body feels a lot looser and stronger. did it twice a week (an hour or 1.5hr) for about a year before my injury , and had started back up in january once a week. i haven't tried too many types but by far my fav is vinyasa flow yoga. Very active poses, and it's definitely a workout. my wife does 5 hours a week and just loves it as well

Comment

I think its VERY Important. If people needlessly accuse racism when it's not clear it dilutes the actual barefaced stuff he does and helps promote his fake news mantra .
                                                                                                                I didn't mention racism when I posted the original clip

I doubt it was question about possible racism that got him rattled either

I think it was the WTF are you on about question and the refusal to back down that got him rattled
                                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 12-05-20, 13:52.

Comment

For obvious reasons I'm saying fuck all. Other than be very very careful.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                    i love it tbh. body feels a lot looser and stronger. did it twice a week (an hour or 1.5hr) for about a year before my injury , and had started back up in january once a week. i haven't tried too many types but by far my fav is vinyasa flow yoga. Very active poses, and it's definitely a workout. my wife does 5 hours a week and just loves it as well
                                                                                                                    Check out dzogchenbeara.com or.org can't remember which. Because of covid19 a lot of their sofferings are on line. There's a guy called Matt Padwick down there who teaches a style of yoga which incorporates meditation into the yoga. Haven't tried it myself but have had nothing but rave reviews from those who have. Sounds like it's exactly what you're after.

Comment

I didn't mention racism when I posted the original clip

I doubt it was question about possible racism that got him rattled either

I think it was the WTF are you on about question and the refusal to back down that got him rattled
                                                                                                                      Ah here. I said 'yer wan' . You aren't a wan.

She deffo was trying something. I personally would have said fuk dis and exited also. He is an evil dick but gotta get him on the obvious stuff of which there is plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                                        I also think that people unaffected by behaviour rarely understand the impact of that behaviour, so unless you've been marginalised you'll probably never understand the damage of racism, and that it's not just "banter", and events like this publicly show to those people how unacceptable it is.
                                                                                                                        Exactly. It's pretty galling hearing people immediately judge the victim for his behaviour. The type of language used in that message aren't just insults, they represent violence.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                                                                                                                          Check out dzogchenbeara.com or.org can't remember which. Because of covid19 a lot of their sofferings are on line. There's a guy called Matt Padwick down there who teaches a style of yoga which incorporates meditation into the yoga. Haven't tried it myself but have had nothing but rave reviews from those who have. Sounds like it's exactly what you're after.
                                                                                                                          I know that's a typo but it's a great one (if like me you are old and inflexible)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X