Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure they have a lot to talk about
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Coveney concession incoming.

All hail our new leader! I'm delighted for one.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Bannon cleans up well.

Comment

T2 Trainspotting finally visited the cousins.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            Coveney concession incoming.

All hail our new leader! I'm delighted for one.
            Yeah very optimistic about this.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Good shout on Detectorists whoever put it up recently.

British are >>>>>>>>> everyone else when it comes to comedy.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post

Give Fleabag a watch.
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

An acestream to the Munster game would be greatly appreciated.

Got one.

e061202217ea02d1c62e03688eaa3a60ee7b6829
                    Last edited by oleras; 20-05-17, 16:55.
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Connacht beaten Have tickets for Pro 12 final next week, obviously was hoping for a Leinster-Munster final like most of the country, please god let Munster win so at least it's not an all-Welsh affair!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post

Re-watched Vic & Bob series "Catterick" recently, well worth a go if not seen

Comment

-13, dont know, expect it to be close.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                            -13, dont know, expect it to be close.
                            Leinster spread similar last night

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                              Leinster spread similar last night
                              Hopefully not the 180 swing !
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Alex Zverev will be the biggest name in sport in 5 years.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                  Sign outside some cafe in States

That I'm an atheist.

Comment

Great game wasps Leicester at the moment. Leicester leading by 4 with 20 minutes to go

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post

I think I am going to this in oct http://www.easons.com/deptcon
                                      Are you not a bit long in the tooth for a young adult event? I would have thought anything over 21 would be just weird.

Comment

Took garden furniture out of shed for first time in 2017. Went inside to get sunglasses.
                                        Came back out and it was raining.

Obv praying to wrong gods.
                                        Good thing I managed to water my roses and sweet pea before it hail stoned the fuck out of the place

Comment

What a try! WP Munster.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            Had a long meeting today where I was making notes and now trying to make sense of those notes. Just got pages and pages of this shite. But where is the structure? The meaning? Where does it start and end? Why did I feel the need to write 1 - 1 = 0?

SPOILER
                                            Get a Surface pro or ipad pro and Microsoft Onenote, can't sing it's praises highly enough. Can record whole meeting, when you make any notes it jumps to that place in the audio track when you go through it afterwards.
                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

What a try! WP Munster.
                                              Looked like 1 forward pass minimum

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                Connacht beaten Have tickets for Pro 12 final next week, obviously was hoping for a Leinster-Munster final like most of the country, please god let Munster win so at least it's not an all-Welsh affair!
                                                If you want to sell the tickets let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                  Looked like 1 forward pass minimum
                                                  Advantage of being faster than the ref

Comment

Bitcoin hits the $2000 mark. Must be a fair few drug dealers who just sat on a load of Bitcoin from back in the day and have become wealthy by the very nature of the currency rather than the business itself. I strongly considered putting a few quid into it at the start of the year but at each stage you think you have missed the boat and then it just double again.

Opr

Comment

You just know whats coming next right?

it really is a gift that keeps giving
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                        Bitcoin hits the $2000 mark. Must be a fair few drug dealers who just sat on a load of Bitcoin from back in the day and have become wealthy by the very nature of the currency rather than the business itself. I strongly considered putting a few quid into it at the start of the year but at each stage you think you have missed the boat and then it just double again.

Opr
                                                        100% this.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

That is the nature of bubbles. Why everyone eventually gets sucked in, like Irish property. At some point people give up and go 'okay I'm in' so as not to miss out on future price rises, but then after that there's noone else left to buy.

The key is getting some sort of idea as to its true value, and buying relative to that, not compared to its price trend.

Like tulips. Such a bag of shite https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

Comment

Boxing fans, Gervonta Davis (Mayweather protogé with a great backstory) up now on BT.

Big fight feel vibes off him. Hope he wins.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 20-05-17, 21:37.

Comment

Comment

Not an actual bubble, as a killjoy economist has shown: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/abs/10.1086/261615 it's always been written up as one but that was all based on the interpretation of an exagerating journalist. The economist above went back and looked at pricing and was able to show it was primarily rational.

It's the problem with bubbles, they're nearly always not bubbles for 90%+ of the time, and a rational reflection of good fundamentals, only right at the end they cross into mania.

Edit: ah I see the wiki goes into a lot of details on that
                                                                      Lol, Im not payin ten dolla to read that. Meh, I just hate tulips in general and want to rag on them.

Comment

All torrent sites seem fucked , anyone know where I can find this

Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                          All torrent sites seem fucked , anyone know where I can find this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3335606/
                                                                          Somewhere in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                            Somewhere in the future.
                                                                            I want to watch it now , came home from work slept for two hours and now wide awake , have work tomorrow day 6, should be fun

wont be much sleeping for me tonight
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Castlebar.... Not the best place ever

Comment

That is the nature of bubbles. Why everyone eventually gets sucked in, like Irish property. At some point people give up and go 'okay I'm in' so as not to miss out on future price rises, but then after that there's noone else left to buy.

The key is getting some sort of idea as to its true value, and buying relative to that, not compared to its price trend.
                                                                                Can you do that with Bitcoin though? It is kind of unprecedented ground within which it seems hard to gauge much from the traditional measures for stocks. I think you can make compelling arguments on both sides of the fence (God knows I have read enough of them) that it will as reddit likes to believe be heading for the moon or as many think it will fall to earth with a bang. Usually you can form an opinion on what you feel will happen but Bitcoin is so complex that half the time when reading articles it feels like no one understands it properly.

It would be purely a fun punt that still looks to have huge upside potentially along with the potential to light money on fire. I'd say most of us on this forum have punted far worse bets

Opr

Comment

So, which one of the HHE is this?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                      I want to watch it now , came home from work slept for two hours and now wide awake , have work tomorrow day 6, should be fun

wont be much sleeping for me tonight
                                                                                      That film isn't released until next week

Comment

Went out for a few pints last night with some m8s.

Filmed myself sticking the finger up and mouthing 'Go Fuck Yourself' to send to my GFY m8 on whattsapp.

Sent it to my mother in law.
                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Filmed myself sticking the finger up and mouthing 'Go Fuck Yourself' to send to my GFY m8 on whattsapp.

Delete all your dick pics before it's too late. DO IT NOW!

Comment

GFYLMIL

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                              Delete all your dick pics before it's too late. DO IT NOW!
                                                                                              Do you think there's anyway to make a dick pic pretty? Does is being cute and fluffy a bonus?

What's you opinion on the female equivalent? Should it be the boob pic or fanny foto?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                Do you think there's anyway to make a dick pic pretty? Does is being cute and fluffy a bonus?

What's you opinion on the female equivalent? Should it be the boob pic or fanny foto?
                                                                                                Snapper snap.
                                                                                                Knew a young lady once in the early days of Irish internet who wanted to send an amorous selfie to her beau on IM and sent it to everyone on her contact list.

SPOILER

Comment

Hmm I don't know. There's got to be a reason why it has any value, therefore there has to be a reason it should have a specific value. Maybe it's like gold - no inherent value except that people feel it should have value. And there's lots of studies on gold. Must look into it!
                                                                                                  The economic activity behind it (mostly illegal) gives it a certain value, that's what​ sustained it when the speculators left for a period. It'll probably have one more push up and then collapse over time as superior alternatives appear.

Comment

Middlesbourgh are 20/1 to beat liverpool and 7/1 for the draw. Seems overpriced no?
                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                        Middlesbourgh are 20/1 to beat liverpool and 7/1 for the draw. Seems overpriced no?
                                                                                                        Liverpool will win by at least 2-3 goals so not really
                                                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                          Snapper snap.
                                                                                                          Knew a young lady once in the early days of Irish internet who wanted to send an amorous selfie to her beau on IM and sent it to everyone on her contact list.

SPOILER

A mate did that in a WhatsApp group the other day. Maybe we've all grown up a bit but the relentless abuse he would have gotten if we were in our early 20's just never arrived

Comment

PaddyPower doing a crowd funded special for the last game. I think the more people that gamble on it the higher the price goes. It is around a 5/2 (They say 7/2 on the website but checking on Oddschecker it is closer to 5/2 normally) shot normally with a current price of 5-1 and a ceiling of 8-1. You like to think that given Paddies history with this stuff they will have the price at 8-1 come kick off. You can back it anytime and get the higher price regardless. Arsenal, Tottenham and Leicester all to win

PP Powerplay Offer

Opr

Comment

Hmm I don't know. There's got to be a reason why it has any value, therefore there has to be a reason it should have a specific value. Maybe it's like gold - no inherent value except that people feel it should have value. And there's lots of studies on gold. Must look into it!
                                                                                                              The cost of power needed to mine a coin gives it some intrinsic value. The doubling of mining power required periodically gives existing coin more value.
                                                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

You know there are no such things as mistakes, just the subconscious mind putting us where we really want to be
                                                                                                                Last edited by 6starpool; 21-05-17, 12:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                  The cost of power needed to mine a coin gives it some intrinsic value. The doubling of mining power required periodically gives existing coin more value.
                                                                                                                  I've no idea how bit coin works.
                                                                                                                  How do people "mine" coins?

Comment

nice of my phone adding Thumbs down icon to that post, so a joke looks like im being a dick, by mine own twisted logic, I wasnt joking at all, just being a dick

Comment

Yes. Tie a bow around it.

Do you know I am genuinely perplexed.
                                                                                                                      I am assuming as few men wish to see fanny pics as there are women who wish to see dick pics. So I say boob....

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                        The economic activity behind it (mostly illegal) gives it a certain value, that's what​ sustained it when the speculators left for a period. It'll probably have one more push up and then collapse over time as superior alternatives appear.
                                                                                                                        I've been reading this since it was about $200.

Opr

Comment

I've no idea how bit coin works.
                                                                                                                          How do people "mine" coins?
                                                                                                                          high level:
                                                                                                                          solve ever exponentially increasingly difficult mathematical problems using the computing power of your device.
                                                                                                                          there is only a finite number of bitcoins in existence and the deeper into the bitcoin "vein" you have to mine, the harder the problem is to solve.

think california gold rush. at the start gold was pretty much lying around on the ground, then they had to go deeper and deeper to get it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X