Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compelling viewing at the moment.
    Just wave after wave of articulate people politely telling him what a fuckup Brexit is while he flounders around for answers
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
      Seems the Tory majority is gone. MP Phillip Lee has joined the Lib Dems
      You didnt score the loaf?. I suppose you will get away with it more because its in a tin.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
        You didnt score the loaf?. I suppose you will get away with it more because its in a tin.
        I actually meant to, but just for the photo. I've tried it both ways and find the difference purely aesthetic.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Rees Mogg has cunt of the year wrapped up early yet again, getting ridiculous
          He is being destroyed here now.
          Is Johnson on hiding

Comment

I actually meant to, but just for the photo. I've tried it both ways and find the difference purely aesthetic.
            Ah but we eat with our eyes.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

During his address to the House of Commons, Jacob Rees-Mogg said the approach taken today is "the most unconstitutional use of this house since the days of Charles Stewart Parnell when he tried to bung up parliament".

More and more bizarro

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                Is Johnson on hiding
                Did you seem slouching on the benches about 8.30, literally looked like someone lying on a sofa watching telly.

Comment

Is Johnson on hiding
                  Is it just me or has he got a very odd-shaped head?
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

This guy should get the blood pressure meds upped !

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                        Did you seem slouching on the benches about 8.30, literally looked like someone lying on a sofa watching telly.
                        We shall slouch them on the benches

Comment

Ignore any further diet posts . Just ate a rancherous share bag to myself. I is ashamed.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            Is it just me or has he got a very odd-shaped head?
                            Not just you. You both have.

Comment

He must have added a few extra to the rebel ranks. What a slimy shit

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                Not just you. You both have.
                                I shave the point down every few weeks.

Comment

He must have added a few extra to the rebel ranks. What a slimy shit
                                  I take it that was him Bercow was ranting at after the vote?

Comment

Yeah pretty sure it was

Comment

'You fucking haunted pencil' was the best insult I've heard levelled at him.
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Draw me like one of your French girls Boris

Comment

Leaving ReesMogg as leader of the house for any length of time, appearing on TV every night of the week could cost the Tories dozens of seats.
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I think that was Gove. Bercow referred to the Chancellor of The Duchy of Lancaster which is Gove's ridiculous full title.

Comment

I think that was Gove. Bercow referred to the Chancellor of The Duchy of Lancaster which is Gove's ridiculous full title.
                                              Yeah your right thought Mogg had some ridiculous title like that also

Comment

Shudder

Comment

Potential Bad Beat for the FDs

In the morning we fly Malta to London, and Thursday morning we fly London to Orlando for 3 days in prep for a 7 night Caribbean cruise.

Hurricane Dorian is currently causing havoc off the US coast, and Bahamas in particular has been pretty much battered (This was meant to be one of our stops)

At the moment, Orlando airport is closed, Port Canaveral where the ship sails from is closed, Bahamas may not be not be a stop, one of the hotels we had booked is closed, and literally no idea where/what we'll end up doing. Cancelling the whole lot is an option, but it's not as straightforward as that with the airlines involved, and it would be a big disappointment too.

We're going on Harmony of the Seas, and the 2 previous sailings were meant to be:

Sunday 25th-Sunday 1st
                                                  Sunday 1st-Sunday 8th
                                                  Sunday 8th-Sunday 15th (us)

The first sailing is still at sea and now due to dock on the 5th, providing the port is open.
                                                  The second sailing will now only go out for 3 days (5th-8th - If it doesn't get cancelled)
                                                  We are still expected to have the full 7 nights.

Alll we can do is play it by ear and see what happens.

People's safety is the number one concern, and tbh, i would prefer if the particular island of the Bahamas (CocoCay) that we are meant to visit is closed. Imagine 300-400 staff entertaining a load of tourists a couple of days after their livelyhood has been destroyed.

I just want to touch down safely, take one step at a time, and hope that the storm doesn't cause as much pain and destruction as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                    My diet is curiously healthy for someone who doesn’t think much about it. My real problem is the portions. I had a big salad for lunch yesterday but I added so much Tuna that the Norwegians sent me a quick email saying ‘stay out of our waters’. (fishing disclaimer) Anyway I think I can be disciplined enough to get some more weight off .

Not bragging here (well maybe) but I do have very high muscle density, especially on my legs. I did a Genofit medical a while back and they also mentioned I had bigger than normal bone density (yeah I’m not fat I’m big boned) . So where do you draw the line at weight loss taking all this into consideration. I’m thinking if I get a semblance of a six pack back I’ll be in good shape I’m 5 11 so I’m guessing a lean 90kgs is good and keep it at that when I get there. BMI can GTFO imo.
                                                    Bone density isn’t going to affect overall weight to much unless it was serious medical condition. Muscle mass obviously will.
                                                    BMI is a starting point, but kinda useless for individuals.

If the medical included bone density checks I’m assuming it included a Dexa scam. That would be the perfect place to start. Results should bf%, may be hidden in jargon.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                        I need to buy a new TV. 55" I think. I assume there's minimal difference between an LG/Samsung/Sony/Panasonic at the lower end of the market (€500-700) if I walk into Curry's or somewhere?
                                                        You're not getting off that lightly, you must spend hours reading a dozen or more multi-page reviews and trying to assimilate it all like everyone else. There's plenty of differences within brands never mind across them.

Also go to Powercity as you could be talking about €100 difference between the same TV there and Currys, DID etc.

I got my parents a particular LG the other week due to the angle my mother's chair is to the TV, necessitating an IPS screen which has wider viewing angles. Any VA screen would have looked washed out to her.

Comment

Hope it works out Ok.

Wouldn't be too concerned with skipping CocoCay, just a big beach with loads of sun loungers, each cruise line owns a private island, feck all on them except a couple of huts and toilets, everything is shipped in that morning, food and drinks. Noone lives on it.

The one piece of advice is if it is open, book a beach hut, suite guests get first preference but you will be on a list, well worth the few hundred it i just for the tranquility away from 5k yanks.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                          Potential Bad Beat for the FDs

In the morning we fly Malta to London, and Thursday morning we fly London to Orlando for 3 days in prep for a 7 night Caribbean cruise.

Hurricane Dorian is currently causing havoc off the US coast, and Bahamas in particular has been pretty much battered (This was meant to be one of our stops)

At the moment, Orlando airport is closed, Port Canaveral where the ship sails from is closed, Bahamas may not be not be a stop, one of the hotels we had booked is closed, and literally no idea where/what we'll end up doing. Cancelling the whole lot is an option, but it's not as straightforward as that with the airlines involved, and it would be a big disappointment too.

We're going on Harmony of the Seas, and the 2 previous sailings were meant to be:

Sunday 25th-Sunday 1st
                                                          Sunday 1st-Sunday 8th
                                                          Sunday 8th-Sunday 15th (us)

The first sailing is still at sea and now due to dock on the 5th, providing the port is open.
                                                          The second sailing will now only go out for 3 days (5th-8th - If it doesn't get cancelled)
                                                          We are still expected to have the full 7 nights.

Alll we can do is play it by ear and see what happens.

People's safety is the number one concern, and tbh, i would prefer if the particular island of the Bahamas (CocoCay) that we are meant to visit is closed. Imagine 300-400 staff entertaining a load of tourists a couple of days after their livelyhood has been destroyed.

I just want to touch down safely, take one step at a time, and hope that the storm doesn't cause as much pain and destruction as expected.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

What happens post election with a hung parliament.

I see the lib dems etc getting a decent bump as voting for corbyn will be a step to far for a lot of people. He is potentially just as harmful to the city which is essentially the uk so you have to imagine the money will follow the lib dems.

I don’t think they will go for a full Labour coalition so will end up with a very limited supply agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                              What happens post election with a hung parliament.

I see the lib dems etc getting a decent bump as voting for corbyn will be a step to far for a lot of people. He is potentially just as harmful to the city which is essentially the uk so you have to imagine the money will follow the lib dems.

I don’t think they will go for a full Labour coalition so will end up with a very limited supply agreement.
                                                              Very hard for the Lib Dems to pick up seats under FPP.

You basically need a constituency full of wanky Observer readers.

Comment

This was one of my fave picks from yesterday

May pissing herself at Boris at PMQs
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                  This was one of my fave picks from yesterday

May pissing herself at Boris at PMQs
                                                                  then she voted with the government...

fuck her, like sit beside Clarke to 'send a message' but then vote No. Spineless geebag.

Comment

Have a friend selling two tickets to England France and Japan Scotland , both at Yokohama stadium, 12&13th of October. Anyone interested at all? I'd go but have to be back for a camp

Comment

then she voted with the government...

fuck her, like sit beside Clarke to 'send a message' but then vote No. Spineless geebag.
                                                                      Given that her vote wasn't needed and that he had doubled down on taking the whip from any rebels it sounds like what she was doing was sending a very strong message that she wouldn't stand back from blocking no deal.

If he was to take the whip from her it really would be a bona fide 'Burstin the party' moment where hard leavers would have to go and join Farrage, perhaps under Johnson's leadership, and the rest picking up the pieces.
                                                                      I think she was genuinely putting that threat on the table.

Comment

Anyway, onto more important matters.

Australia 1-1. 'FUCK OFF WARNER' a voice roars from the crowd.

Comment

28-2 and we have Smith vs Archer Redux

Crank it up Jofra

Comment

Johnson just said 'we will put 20,000 bodies on the streets'

I'm sure he meant 'police' but you never know..

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                              I need to buy a new TV. 55" I think. I assume there's minimal difference between an LG/Samsung/Sony/Panasonic at the lower end of the market (€500-700) if I walk into Curry's or somewhere?
                                                                              nice 65" €649 here

55" LG €599

There on boards great to deal with

Comment

Originally posted by The Color of Money View Post
                                                                                Theres a business that is going to face huge problems after a no deal brexit.

There is a reason that they don't retail in Dublin and it's not that they aren't doing enough business here.

Comment

nice 65" €649 here

55" LG €599

The latter is coincidentally the one I bought for my parents. The voice recognition on the novelty Magic Remote is very accurate on it, especially good for searching Youtube quickly.

Comment

nice 65" €649 here

55" LG €599

The saving isn't huge but something like this is the same spec and 75e cheaper:https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p...iba-55ul5a63db

Perhaps worth having a chat with them and maybe they'll knock something but I have always found laptop/appliances direct handy

Comment

Thanks for the TV recommendations.
                                                                                      Pulled the trigger on this last night for €699 with free delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        Theres a business that is going to face huge problems after a no deal brexit.

There is a reason that they don't retail in Dublin and it's not that they aren't doing enough business here.
                                                                                        And what is the reason? Rent I presume?

I remember the shop on the Quays and would often be in and out checking HiFi and audio stuff. Prices were good and it always seemed busy enough so I was surprised when it disappeared.

Comment

Cummings will be going soon

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                            And what is the reason? Rent I presume?

I remember the shop on the Quays and would often be in and out checking HiFi and audio stuff. Prices were good and it always seemed busy enough so I was surprised when it disappeared.
                                                                                            Not directly rent, the trouble was with them selling stuff that various distributors here were holding agences for.
                                                                                            Richer probably could have worked around it if they opened a few stores around the country but it was very much more cost effective to operate across 36 counties from Belfast, essentially leveraging EU rules.
                                                                                            With no deal someone in dublin buying from them will have to pay VAT and import duties here.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              Cummings will be going soon
                                                                                              starting to feel like the Mooch

remember that guy?

Comment

28-2 and we have Smith vs Archer Redux

Crank it up Jofra
                                                                                                you win this one Mr Smith...as usual

Comment

Are the ERG going to end up turning on Boris or will he keep moving further and further to the right to placate them?
                                                                                                  i.e. same trap May fell into, which failed

Comment

Saw that Paddy Power have a market on whether Solskjaer (4/6) or Johnson (11/10) will leave their job first.

Comment

Are the ERG going to end up turning on Boris or will he keep moving further and further to the right to placate them?
                                                                                                      i.e. same trap May fell into, which failed
                                                                                                      I really can't imagine how this is going to end up. Pretty certain this isn't going to happen though

Comment

I really can't imagine how this is going to end up. Pretty certain this isn't going to happen though

He's upping his troll game in fairness

Comment

Comment

Happening BBV, life's been busy last few months and IPB was blocked in work again.

Cliffs on the last couple of months?

Comment

Poker

Can Irish players play on Winamxz pokerstars france or spain yet, does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                                Poker

Can Irish players play on Winamxz pokerstars france or spain yet, does anyone know?
                                                                                                                No (winamax), cant see it happening anytime soon either.

Not sure about Stars France/Spain (i think you could, then couldnt but now can again since last year?)
                                                                                                                Last edited by Dice75; 04-09-19, 17:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                                  Happening BBV, life's been busy last few months and IPB was blocked in work again.

Cliffs on the last couple of months?
                                                                                                                  Hitch went mad again
                                                                                                                  Brexit
                                                                                                                  Cricket
                                                                                                                  Bread talk

Comment

I think Hitch might be right.

The "let's just get it done" narrative appeals to a very large section of the voting population. And look no further than America for proof of how nationalistic appeals (with a side order of racism) can succeed in today's sociopolitical world.

If you're still not convinced, have a look at Komrade Korbin.

Comment

I'd be surprised if any party had a majority. Just expect the Brexit party would split some of the leave vote with the Tories, leaving some extra seats for Labour and Lib Dems.

Comment

I'd be surprised if any party had a majority. Just expect the Brexit party would split some of the leave vote with the Tories, leaving some extra seats for Labour and Lib Dems.
                                                                                                                        The Tories = the Brexit Party now.

Comment

I think Hitch might be right.

The "let's just get it done" narrative appeals to a very large section of the voting population. And look no further than America for proof of how nationalistic appeals (with a side order of racism) can succeed in today's sociopolitical world.

I think it will be closer than that but if Lib Lab SNP could combine to campaign on a 2 stage referendum with predefined wording that they could all agree to then with a bit of friendly vote sharing I think they could get a 50 seat majority to get that through.

Tories will still be in chaos and Farrage's party whatever that is this week will be the only leave party with a consistent position.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X