Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    Never been to a stag. Anyone I know just went for a local night out. Not unrelated: looking forward to Ronnie Vs John Higgins at 7 on ITV4.
    It's in eir sport 1 also if people have that and not itv4.

Ronnie os scarily good when hes playing like this. The speed is incredible.

Comment

Throwing away a century coz he wouldn't wait for the ref to replace the ball. Vintage form tonight.

Comment

For my stag we hired two boats and sailed up the shannon. great weekend.

When I was groomsman for a buddy, I was tasked with the Stag as the brother wasn't really up to it. Ended up doing Vegas for a week. height of the boom of course. I had a great time - don't care if anyone else did.......

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
          For my stag we hired two boats and sailed up the shannon. great weekend.
          Can you share more info on this if you have a minute? Looking into it at the moment with the lads for a stag next spring. Best route etc? Is it worth doing for just 2 nights? Cheers

Comment

That's absolutely sensational from Ronnie. Some of the best snooker I've watched this year. He was in rare form and is just fantastic to watch like that.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
              Can you share more info on this if you have a minute? Looking into it at the moment with the lads for a stag next spring. Best route etc? Is it worth doing for just 2 nights? Cheers
              It was in 2005 in fairness so details are a bit sketchy.

We Used this crowd: https://www.emeraldstar.ie/boating-h...annon-and-erne

Friday evening to Sunday morning. Did end up in carrick on shannon, I think then we turned around and went back.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                  ATTENTION: Avoid GoMo the new mobile network from Eir.

The gf recently tried to move to GoMo which started two weeks of nonsense after a failed port. Their customer service team is an absolute shambles. Her port was submitted incorrectly and we couldn't find out what was wrong. Possibly her details or possibly something on GoMo side. Either way having worked in the industry I know it takes a 10 minute call or one email to re-schedule a new port. This happens every day of the week and is an easy fix. Not two weeks of nonsense where no one takes ownership of the issue on GoMo's side - web chat, contact form, twitter tried 'em all with nothing being done to re-schedule the port.

So I tweeted them a while back with a thread about this and posted a follow up a week later when nothing was done by GoMo. The gist of which was telling people to record their correspondence and send a complaint to ComReg. I tagged ComReg, GoMo and a couple of prominent journalists as its happening to a lot of people now. This was close 11pm at night. Mysteriously she got a twitter dm 10 mins later to assist but at this point she decided to cancel and seek a refund. Hopefully that proves easier than everything thus far.

Maybe in time they'll get their house in order but for now steer well clear.
                  Both my kids swopped over 3 weeks ago and not a bother. One from eir other from 3.no problems yet whatsoever.
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                    ATTENTION: Avoid GoMo the new mobile network from Eir.

The gf recently tried to move to GoMo which started two weeks of nonsense after a failed port. Their customer service team is an absolute shambles. Her port was submitted incorrectly and we couldn't find out what was wrong. Possibly her details or possibly something on GoMo side. Either way having worked in the industry I know it takes a 10 minute call or one email to re-schedule a new port. This happens every day of the week and is an easy fix. Not two weeks of nonsense where no one takes ownership of the issue on GoMo's side - web chat, contact form, twitter tried 'em all with nothing being done to re-schedule the port.

So I tweeted them a while back with a thread about this and posted a follow up a week later when nothing was done by GoMo. The gist of which was telling people to record their correspondence and send a complaint to ComReg. I tagged ComReg, GoMo and a couple of prominent journalists as its happening to a lot of people now. This was close 11pm at night. Mysteriously she got a twitter dm 10 mins later to assist but at this point she decided to cancel and seek a refund. Hopefully that proves easier than everything thus far.

Maybe in time they'll get their house in order but for now steer well clear.
                    Their ads are enough to put me off em anyway

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                      Their ads are enough to put me off em anyway
                      Saving me a fortune with Mia so I'm happy enough. Think prob best for teenagers just in case anything goes wrong. I have my mobile number 20 odd yrs would hate to lose it but for the likes of teenagers if all goes well it's a no brainer for me
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

GoMos adverts alone would be enough to convince me its going to be a shambles.
                        Like above, having worked in the industry you can see a department heads ego wank all over this.
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Gomo is eir isn't it? That's enough to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                            You can basically rent from places like Portumna, Banagher (My Home Town), Athlone, Carrick On Shannon.

If you want my advice hire from Silver Line Cruisers in Banagher, do a night in Houghs pub in Banagher (RDIII, Strewel and others can probably give you a thumbs up). From there head downstream to Terryglass and do a night there. Stop in Portumna if you fancy, go upstream to Lukers in Shannonbridge if you fancy.

Avoid Athlone and Limerick due to them being kips and avoiding crossing the lake. Also avoid Carrick for obvious reasons.

Happy to give you more info as required.
                            is the Austrian wan still doing breakfasts?
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Best stag experience was in Lahinch. Next best was Kilkenny.

Best abroad one was Malaga.

Avoid shit holes like Manchester, Liverpool or Newcastle imo.

Grimy photocopied grimness.
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Anyone here get laser eye treatment with Optilase? Any feed back appreciated
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

The start of your post and the finish of it could easily be swapped around in my experience .

Suppose it depends on the crowd ye have with you then anywhere is cool. Always do something in the afternoon on one of the days at least.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                    Dint wart ort fuer mi. Avohid.

Comment

Has anyone here any experience of using UpWork for anything?
                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                        It was in 2005 in fairness so details are a bit sketchy.

We Used this crowd: https://www.emeraldstar.ie/boating-h...annon-and-erne

Friday evening to Sunday morning. Did end up in carrick on shannon, I think then we turned around and went back.
                                        God that brings me back GAB, to the early 80s. Myself and a mate used to rent cruisers from Silverline (Brendan ?, can't remember). Did all the places you mention, except for the one in Shannonbridge, didn't actually think Shannonbridge had anything in it other than the couple of berthing spots, but as I say that was a loooooong time ago. Magnificent way to pull the wimmins, no effort required at all, they all want a ride in a boat . Crossed the lake a few times (Lough Derg). Can be very dodgy if the weather turns bad and you are kinda novice. Very long story which I won't bore everyone with here, we got out to the muddle of the lake, storm blew up, mist came down, lost sight of the marker buoys - the only time in my life I genuinely thought I might die. But overall a magnificent experience, try not to be pissed when actually driving/berthing the boat!

Comment

I got mine done with them about 11 years ago. Were very professional at the time

Comment

D
                                            ON
                                            'T G
                                            ONEA
                                            RTHEM

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                              In the airport, London bound to see Lizzo tonight. Birthday present to Mrs Lao Lao but I am very, very, excite for it.

Dom - Lizzo is an American singer/rapper, we're not going to see the queen.
                                              Be prepared to be shocked...

SPOILER
                                              Never heard of her.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                Looking to get cracking on organising my stags, somewhere not too far a flight from Dublin & nothing that's going to break the bank for people to attend, shoot me some suggestions please & thank you.
                                                I'll throw Barcelona into the mix.
                                                Had mine there although some of the memories are a little hazy,
                                                partly because of substance advise,
                                                partly to protect the guilty.

Also Amsterdam might sound like a cliche but the place was was basically designed for exactly this kind of endeavour.

Stags succeed because of the crew as much as the location.
                                                Keep an eye on which married lads are invited as they're out of practice and sometimes "over perform".

Keeping the cost low is probably the biggest factor tbh. Make sure everyone you want there can participate with the minimum of financial pressure.
                                                Last edited by DeeBrown; 08-11-19, 01:39.

Comment

Lol...so none of ye get Sickpuppys post. Are you all 12 or what ?

Comment

Sarajevo is an incredible city with some of the most beautiful women I've ever encountered. It's very cheap, has great recent history and unique city with how it's divided between Christian, Muslim and Jewish neighbourhoods

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                      I've listened to 3 Lizzo songs now and think she's appalling.

Edit: Speaking of rap, was listening to some of Kneecap's stuff recently. I think Mo Chara is a really good rapper, unfortunately the other grinning guy isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hExbf4or54o
                                                      Yeah. Saw them live and he's very good, carried it effortlessly

Surely the group is the main thing, once it's not a grim spot,and the licencing laws are loose, location is largely irrelevant.
                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 08-11-19, 05:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                        Sarajevo is an incredible city with some of the most beautiful women I've ever encountered. It's very cheap, has great recent history and unique city with how it's divided between Christian, Muslim and Jewish neighbourhoods
                                                        Can't endorse this enough, amazing spot!

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                          Two routes mate, up, or down.
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                            She's long gone. A local lad just took that cafe over in recent weeks.

I did. The end result is perfect. The treatment at the time was troubled but I was deffo an outlier, I had to get it done a second time on one of my eyes.

The best I can tell you about laser eye treatment comes from a Doctor who plays poker in town. He was telling me how he was on holidays in Morocco and spotted a place that was doing walk in laser eye surgery so he decided to go in and get it done. I was shocked, suggested he might have went to Mater Private or Blackrock Clinic. He laughed at me and told me you were only paying for peace of mind. He said the machines are essentially self driving now and it is all but impossible not to have a good job done regardless of where you get it done. If you go to the Mater you are paying 2k to have somebody hold your hand.

Brendan Smyth, he is still going strong.
                                                            I was at the table when that story was being told. My memory was he broke his glasses on the holiday and instead of getting new glasses which would take a few days to get made up he opted for the laser eye surgery in the back room. ‘Twas a funny story regardless. How long ago was that? I’m getting old.

The one thing I remember from getting my eyes lasered was the smell of my own eyeball cooking for a minute. A surreal moment.

My result was very good but I had to use drops for about a year afterwards and suffer from glare at night (but this was expected due to the shape of my eyeball).

My eyesight has regressed now ~11 years later (mainly due to too much screen time imo) so I’m planning a trip to the optician soon enough to see what my options are.
                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Boards is a strange place. They are still wound up over Margaret Cash over there.
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                Looking to get cracking on organising my stags, somewhere not too far a flight from Dublin & nothing that's going to break the bank for people to attend, shoot me some suggestions please & thank you.
                                                                Went to Bristol for mine.

Handy flights from Dublin and its a hipster/craft beer/guardian reading town for the most part. No trouble at all getting in places and we had a big group.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                  I was at the table when that story was being told. My memory was he broke his glasses on the holiday and instead of getting new glasses which would take a few days to get made up he opted for the laser eye surgery in the back room. ‘Twas a funny story regardless. How long ago was that? I’m getting old.

The one thing I remember from getting my eyes lasered was the smell of my own eyeball cooking for a minute. A surreal moment.

My result was very good but I had to use drops for about a year afterwards and suffer from glare at night (but this was expected due to the shape of my eyeball).

My eyesight has regressed now ~11 years later (mainly due to too much screen time imo) so I’m planning a trip to the optician soon enough to see what my options are.
                                                                  Is it something kids can get done?

our 13 y/o is long-sighted (and is forever losing\breaking her glasses). Sounds like it would be more efficient to send her off to Morocco.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                    When people say the women are beautiful amazing what good is it ? Do all these supermodels flock to you because you are white and have a few quid? If you said they haber beautiful brazzers and the group we’re into then great. But every city has beautiful women getting hold of them is another thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                      Has anyone here any experience of using UpWork for anything?
                                                                      Yeah I've hired quite a few writers and virtual assistants from there. I try to get them away from Upwork as soon as possible though and do things through our own channels. For initial outreach there's quite a lot of talent in the pool. You need to sift through a ton of BS and chancers though.

Comment

The name Reeperbahn means ropewalk, which is a place where ropes are made (Low German Reep = rope, the standard German word is Seil; Bahn = track).
                                                                        My medieval German is a bit rusty

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

The doctor made a point of telling me in advance there'd be a weird smell and that it definitely wasn't burning but some gas the laser gives off.

One of my eyes is definitely weaker than the other now so might have to do the same. Optilase offer a lifetime guarantee but don't know if it would have been in place when i got mine done, must check.

Comment

3.8k and 15% off with my laya bit steep.

My eyes are both - 5.00

The advertisement I saw, was from 795 per eye, fucking marketing
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                              When people say the women are beautiful amazing what good is it ? Do all these supermodels flock to you because you are white and have a few quid? If you said they haber beautiful brazzers and the group we’re into then great. But every city has beautiful women getting hold of them is another thing.
                                                                              Aha , the Rope.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                The doctor made a point of telling me in advance there'd be a weird smell and that it definitely wasn't burning but some gas the laser gives off.

One of my eyes is definitely weaker than the other now so might have to do the same. Optilase offer a lifetime guarantee but don't know if it would have been in place when i got mine done, must check.
                                                                                The business behind the optilase brand and “lifetime guarantee” has changed twice in the past decade so don’t put too much value on that.
                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  Is it something kids can get done?

our 13 y/o is long-sighted (and is forever losing\breaking her glasses). Sounds like it would be more efficient to send her off to Morocco.
                                                                                  Not generally. They want your eyesight and sight loss to have stabilized before they start reshaping the back of the eyeball and therefore they look to do it to adults only.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

I spent a lot of time with lasers in my final year in college and things would be getting burned from laser reflections of the various prisms and glass. I never noticed a smell from the laser but the stuff getting burned and the laser eye surgery was no different from shit getting burned in the lab from my memory of it. Anyway they give you some gas to take the edge off it!

Comment

3.8k and 15% off with my laya bit steep.

My eyes are both - 5.00

The advertisement I saw, was from 795 per eye, fucking marketing
                                                                                      You can claim 20% tax relief as well. Used to be top rate relief.

Comment

There animals anyway, so let them lose their souls!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                          There animals anyway, so let them lose their souls!
                                                                                          Good LOL at yer man in the Pony tail behind him @ 1:25 has had enough of listening to the boorish bore ranting and just wanders off
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Elizabeth Warren is only doing half measures. Why not murder billionaires and seize all of their wealth for the fiscus

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                              Elizabeth Warren is only doing half measures. Why not murder billionaires and seize all of their wealth for the fiscus
                                                                                              Private jets make that difficult to do in a fair manner

Comment

I'm calling it at this stage - people complaining about Christmas things happening too early are more tedious than Christmas things happening early.

Comment

@HectorJelly, following on from your do I like hip hop question last week. Throw some rap/hip hop at me that I can add to my pre match playlist.

Came across this clip from Glastonbury recently and its class. The whitest white guy ever knocks it out of the park. Have the tune on my spotify playlist also.

Skip to 2.20 for him singing after being pulled out of the crowd.

Truly a piece of Glastonbury magic. Watch Dave and audience member Alex perform Thiago Silva at Glastonbury 2019. Guidance: contains strong language. Visit b...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                    With impeachment on to the next step, I thought this was a nice overview of how it all plays out:

It’s November. That means your seasonal depression is settling in for the long haul, the 2020 election is a year away, and the Congressional Democrats are takin…

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                      @HectorJelly, following on from your do I like hip hop question last week. Throw some rap/hip hop at me that I can add to my pre match playlist.

Came across this clip from Glastonbury recently and its class. The whitest white guy ever knocks it out of the park. Have the tune on my spotify playlist also.

Skip to 2.20 for him singing after being pulled out of the crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1vlLJCr9Lo
                                                                                                      If you like Dave and UK hip hop then try out Loyle Carner
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                        If you like Dave and UK hip hop then try out Loyle Carner
                                                                                                        Tbf I've only listened to that one song

Will check out your recommendation though, ty

Comment

anybody watch the rap X factor thing, rhythm and flow? Gets savage for the latter half. Also chance the rapper is some man.

Comment

This is some hammering being administered in Galway by Leinster. 5 tries in the bag by h-t.

I would gloat except I'll be in the Sportsground next Sundat to support Connacht vs Montpellier.

Comment

Had a guy complain to me today after seeing his invoice.

His gripe was he ordered a made to measure product 237cm long and we made it 2370mm.

Comment

Had a guy complain to me today after seeing his invoice.

His gripe was he ordered a made to measure product 237cm long and we made it 2370mm.
                                                                                                                Got one of those dreaded brown envelopes from Revenue this morning. Opened it and went through 5 pages of bollocks to see at the end they want 20c off me for underpaid taxes for 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                  Got one of those dreaded brown envelopes from Revenue this morning. Opened it and went through 5 pages of bollocks to see at the end they want 20c off me for underpaid taxes for 2018
                                                                                                                  Doesn't matter Dice, you're a tax dodger.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    This is some hammering being administered in Galway by Leinster. 5 tries in the bag by h-t.

I would gloat except I'll be in the Sportsground next Sundat to support Connacht vs Montpellier.
                                                                                                                    Tonight’s capitulation does not bode well for next week. Connacht pack looks very lightweight facing a huge pack and Cruden and the giant Fiji winger Nandolo. Could be a massacre seemed to pick up lots of injuries tonight as well.

Comment

Both my kids swopped over 3 weeks ago and not a bother. One from eir other from 3.no problems yet whatsoever.
                                                                                                                      I actually mentioned it to a mate at work before my gf tried them. He ported his wife and kid's phones over no issue. He's happy with service etc. Twitter and boards.ie have plenty of bad reports about porting amongst other issues. If you've managed to get ported you'll probably be fine and €9.99/m is a super price. If not, get the rosary beads out.

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                                                                                      Gomo is eir isn't it? That's enough to avoid.
                                                                                                                      Truth! Eir's products typically end up working in an acceptable manner but if you have problems, the very best of luck to you. They're an incredibly incompetent company. Layers upon layers of teams not communicating, outsourcing, billing errors etc - you can take your pick.

They won a fibre tender for my employer. In the end it took 6 weeks and 4 separate engineers/calls to push a cable 400m down a quiet road and terminate in the building. A motley crew of KN (ex eir techs now), independent (ex eir, vodafone etc) and eir engineers were required. Half the time engineers just appeared from thin air unscheduled. That said the engineers themselves were genuinely helpful and got their tasks done promptly when they did visit.

There is an exception in that Eir's enterprise data centre, NOC and network infrastructure teams are spot on. They know what they're doing and are very helpful from the few dealings I've had with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                        Ring them and agree to pay over the next 2 years that should keep above the radar

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X