Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Crack open the two Music Kings and vote. About to launch into them meself.
    I was about eight pints deep at that stage. Not feeling too hot this morning. May need more than High 5 Zero to recover from this one.

Comment

Wicket first ball and Ireland need 182 to beat England in a test match at Lords.

Comment

Great conditions for bowling though.

Off they go for rain

Comment

If the match is abandoned because of rain, how do they work out who wins? If i recall a few years ago, we were robbed because of some sort of average or something?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
            If the match is abandoned because of rain, how do they work out who wins? If i recall a few years ago, we were robbed because of some sort of average or something?
            It wont be thankfully. But no winner if it is. Match drawn

You might be thinking of Net Run Rate which would be used to decide finishing places in a group in say the World Cup

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
              Ireland getting a test match lesson today
              Just want to highlight the excellent BBV'ing from Kev yesterday, WP Sir. Post was ~1.30pm yesterday just before the England collapse.
              Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

If someoneone in the ground could go up to the big lad dressed like a leprechaun and punch him in the back of the head, it would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Feels weird watching England appeal for a wicket and not go up with them

Comment

Ireland are going to be all out for less than 100 here, will be a damp squib to what has been a good test match.
                    Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Getting schooled by a proper team

Comment

Fucking hell, this is depressing!
                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                          Speculate ? Fuck you Mellor I know this already.

It’s name translated from Cherokee and means ‘shit sport’ It emanates from a time when the head of a tribe was trying to piss off a neighbouring chief who he wished would go home as there was no more ‘fire water’ left. So he created this game and they made up the rules as they went along and to this day the rules are nchanged. The beauty of this shit sport is whenever anyone starts to play it, people get angry and leave or else stay and drink whiskey.
                          Reminds me of Robin Williams on the Scots inventing golf:

Comment

Fuck cricket anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                              Feels weird watching England appeal for a wicket and not go up with them
                              Well that's that fixed

Comment

Suggestions for next band wagon.

Comment

43 is lowest test score this century. Lets hope we beat that at least
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

26 is the lowest ever test innings score
                                    42 the lowest ever at Lords
                                    18.3 overs the shortest ever test innings
                                    Last edited by KevIRL; 26-07-19, 12:34.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                      26 is the lowest ever test innings score
                                      42 the lowest ever at Lords
                                      18.3 overs the shortest ever test innings
                                      First one gone, other two very much in play.

Comment

Humiliation tbh. ICC justified in weeding out the minnows from the last WC.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            Long shot is the best movie I've seen in ages. Fully expect hotspur to come on and say he watched five minutes of it and turned it off. But he's wrong.
                                            Your taste in movies is worse than SatNav's

Comment

got a couple of records anyway

Full refunds would have kicked for ticketholders if less than 15 overs played. Ireland save ECB a few quid by 3 balls

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                Suggestions for next band wagon.
                                                Olympics only about a year away, time to school up on sailing and the likes.

There's always the RWC that is coming a year too late too.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                  Olympics only about a year away, time to school up on sailing and the likes.

There's always the RWC that is coming a year too late too.
                                                  I'd guess the hype around Women's WC will be huge next time around if we manage to qualify given the success of the tournament this time around.

Rowing with the O'Donovan bros doing so well last time out is sure to garner plenty of interest too.

Comment

Ah FFS, I went out for a lunchtime run as the first over was being bowled, when I get back its over

Ah well I won't have to worry about switching between Lords and LeTour
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                      Long shot is the best movie I've seen in ages. Fully expect hotspur to come on and say he watched five minutes of it and turned it off. But he's wrong.

Comment

Think this has come up before but more around laptops.

Where is the best place to get a desktop computer, possibly even a 2nd hand/refurbished one?

The 'aul lad had one a while back which died a death and we've tried to get him using a tablet and a laptop but he is just more comfortable with a PC.

He uses it for very basic Excel and very light internet browsing so it doesn't need to be anything fancy at all.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                          Reminds me of Robin Williams on the Scots inventing golf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4
                                                          The world needs more Robin Williams and less people who are not Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            Ah FFS, I went out for a lunchtime run as the first over was being bowled, when I get back its over

Ah well I won't have to worry about switching between Lords and LeTour
                                                            wow race cancelled

times taken at the top of the last mountain (iserand). Bernal now leading

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                              wow race cancelled

times taken at the top of the last mountain (iserand). Bernal now leading
                                                              Whats going on? watching as gaelige so no idea

Edit - what you said so

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                Whats going on? watching as gaelige so no idea
                                                                massive snow and hail storm near the lac de tignes. ice on the road before the last climb on the downhill section.

They've called the race off and took the times at the top of the last climb, which means Bernal takes the Yellow jersey and a 30-40 sec lead over Alaphilippe.

A lot of unhappy riders

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                  massive snow and hail storm near the lac de tignes. ice on the road before the last climb on the downhill section.

They've called the race off and took the times at the top of the last climb, which means Bernal takes the Yellow jersey and a 30-40 sec lead over Alaphilippe.

A lot of unhappy riders
                                                                  You probably got unlucky with Bernal losing out on extending the gap unless Thomas had pulled something out. Should be in the bag now?

Comment

You probably got unlucky with Bernal losing out on extending the gap unless Thomas had pulled something out. Should be in the bag now?
                                                                    no idea tbh. i think he would have pulled away from Alaphilippe, but not sure from Thomas who was in a decent sized group.

still a decent stage tomorrow. stopping early might just give Bernal that extra bit of energy he might need to push on or hold on to the Yellow jersey, as i think he would have had to push extra hard on that last climb

Comment

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Global warming is a myth, sure back in the 1800s weren't we roashted out of it. ~ Danny Healy Rae, 2018.

Comment

Hopped on a train to Cascais. Wow some difference to Lisbon.

Absolutely stunning. Beautiful paved streets. fresh fish everywhere , loads of different types of vino.

Artist's playing music everywhere.so laid back.. Fab little spot. Deffo worth the trip and a lovely little beach here too.

35 mins on train. 5 e return
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

We won the CRICKET motherfuckers, yes?

oooops, good decision to go out for the day. Kev clearly BBV'd the day for sport as we stopped in a bar to watch the climactic stages of Le Tour just as it ws being abandoned to mass confusion.

Proprietor, chef and bar lady in a state of great indignation which was entertaining for the kids if nothing else.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I watched The Brink last night about Steve Bannon, very interesting watching him trying to build a cabal in Europe of populist nationalists.

Related to this I watch a really interesting talk by Christopher Wylie this evening, he's this guy:
                                                                                Christopher Wylie goes on the record to discuss his role in hijacking the profiles of millions of Facebook users in order to target the US electorate

Might be one of the few intersecting Venn diagram points of interest between Hitch and PSV:
                                                                                Controversial British political marketing firm Cambridge Analytica weaponised fashion brands to help elect Donald Trump president of the United States, revea...

Comment

I watched The Brink last night about Steve Bannon, very interesting watching him trying to build a cabal in Europe of populist nationalists.

Related to this I watch a really interesting talk by Christopher Wylie this evening, he's this guy:
                                                                                  Christopher Wylie goes on the record to discuss his role in hijacking the profiles of millions of Facebook users in order to target the US electorate

Might be one of the few intersecting Venn diagram points of interest between Hitch and PSV:
                                                                                  I read that article previously, I listened to this during the week:https://samharris.org/podcasts/145-information-war/

Expect you would enjoy it, Renee DiResta is excellent.

Comment

Jasas

Comment

Jacob Rees-Mogg grammar instructions to the staff in his new department. Seems to be genuine as a few sources quoting it.
                                                                                      The new House of Commons leader instructs all staff in his new office to use imperial measurements and refer to ‘non-tiled males’ as ‘Esq.’ | ITV National News

Highlights include non-titled males to be referred to as 'Esq' and the use of imperial measurements.
                                                                                      Insisting on double spaces after full stops is a sign of madness imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                        It's news to me that there is another option.
                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                          I read that article previously, I listened to this during the week:https://samharris.org/podcasts/145-information-war/

Expect you would enjoy it, Renee DiResta is excellent.
                                                                                          So Hotspur hates films and loves podcasts. Can't wait for the next installment.

Comment

This is mesmerising...

Follow my adventures on Instagram! http://instagram.com/Jeffrey.hkDropped new timelapse! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JBMpzW_B58Hi all, i built a 24K res...
                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

He’s just tech saavy. Double space on an iPhone and it auto inserts the full-stop.

Comment

Lads its that time of the mornin...trying to remember the name of a tune in the music game a while back. Wolf something...no words just a mad funky beat. Help me out....

Found that shit Vulfpeck close enough
                                                                                                Last edited by alocon; 27-07-19, 03:56.

Comment

Currently minding 8 kids under 8 for 48 hours....how the fuck did people do this full time years ago. Id have just put a hot iron to it after 3 or 4.

Comment

Currently minding 8 kids under 8 for 48 hours....how the fuck did people do this full time years ago. Id have just put a hot iron to it after 3 or 4.
                                                                                                    With that many all you can do is keep throwing food at them and allow them enough space to go feral.
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Jacob Rees-Mogg grammar instructions to the staff in his new department. Seems to be genuine as a few sources quoting it.
                                                                                                      The new House of Commons leader instructs all staff in his new office to use imperial measurements and refer to ‘non-tiled males’ as ‘Esq.’ | ITV National News

Highlights include non-titled males to be referred to as 'Esq' and the use of imperial measurements.
                                                                                                      The sex scandal is going to be so kinky when it breaks

Comment

Pew research center's findings on What Americans actually know about Religion: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...hat-they-dont/

You can take the polling test here: https://www.pewresearch.org/quiz/u-s...nowledge-quiz/

I'd be pretty surprised if people aren't getting above the average of every cohort polled.
                                                                                                        Ability to put Laz to the test here. I was 13/15 FWIW

Comment

Fingers crossed this is decent.

Kenny "Fuckin" Powers.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Pew research center's findings on What Americans actually know about Religion: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...hat-they-dont/

You can take the polling test here: https://www.pewresearch.org/quiz/u-s...nowledge-quiz/

I'd be pretty surprised if people aren't getting above the average of every cohort polled.
                                                                                                            I got 12/15. A little disappointed.

I was raised an atheist and never went to a religious school, and have always been amazed and how little most people know of even their own religion. The concept of the holy trinity is alien to a lot of practising catholics.

Comment

14/15, and the one I got wrong surprised me.
                                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

14/15

The one I got wrong was a flip.

QUOTE=Hectorjelly;1104545]I got 12/15. A little disappointed.

I was raised an atheist and never went to a religious school, and have always been amazed and how little most people know of even their own religion. The concept of the holy trinity is alien to a lot of practising catholics.[/QUOTE]

I’m not surprised. For more people religion is routine and not something they’ve ever studied of thought about. People cover it during communion/confirmation. But they’ll have forgotten most of it and most of anything they don’t use regularly by the time they leave secondary school.

Comment

14.

Funny that atheists have nearly the highest score.

Comment

When the event first started out in Dublin, the premium was €1,900. The quote this year was for €19,500.
                                                                                                                    That seems v low for Oktoberfest? Certainly doesn't seem like a justification for not running it. They probably have 20k+ patrons across the dates.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                      14/15, and the one I got wrong surprised me.
                                                                                                                      It might be one of the ones I got wrong too which also surprised me.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                      14.

Funny that atheists have nearly the highest score.
                                                                                                                      Possibly the only caveat to this -even though those 15 questions are compared to the responses from the group- is that I think some of the questions omitted we might struggle with as they may be tad more esoteric.
                                                                                                                      We're probably not getting a similar rate for the overall survey.

For example:

What is commemorated on Easter Sunday?

Resurrection, Ascension, Crucifixion, Last Supper

What percentage of adults in the US are Jewish?

<5%, approx 10%, approx 25%, over 50%

What book is most closely associated with Hinduism?

Tao te Ching, Vedas, Quran, Mahayana Sutras

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      Resurrection, <5%, Vedas

Comment

I got the Jewish Sabboth day question wrong because of the way it was worded about what day it starts (sundown on Friday).

Also got the question wrong about faith being the thing leading to salvation, I thought both Catholics and Protestants believed that.

Comment

I got the Jewish Sabboth day question wrong because of the way it was worded about what day it starts (sundown on Friday).

Also got the question wrong about faith being the thing leading to salvation, I thought both Catholics and Protestants believed that.
                                                                                                                          I thought Catholics and Protestants were same but it was faith and acts

Explains a lot about certain Protestant cousins of ours... facing St Peter at the gate:

Pete: SO, you were a terrible cunt your whole life

Drum banger: Ha, sur I was that, but I always believed while I was at it

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X