Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleras View Post
    Love ugly delecious !

Rolling thunder review.

While watching it something just didnt sit right.

SPOILER
    Turns out its all pretty much make believe, the interviews, Sharon stone etc, just him having fun with us !

I was half a bottle of gin deep when we started and full bottle down when finished, the things that weren't right amazed me like a magic trick to a 6 year old. Young Sharon stone was out of this world though and I love older women

Comment

Official HD Video for ”Tangled Up In Blue” by Bob Dylan Listen to Bob Dylan: https://bobdylan.lnk.to/listenYDSubscribe to the Bob Dylan YouTube channel: http...
      This too shall pass.

Comment

I remember having a very good Friday and Saturday at the jackpot, walked to gallery number one and bought this photo from them. Hurricane, isis and romance in Durango

Comment

Real Live Roadrunning is a concert film recorded live on 28th June 2006 at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Los Angeles towards the end of Mark and Emmylous' tour ...
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
            I remember having a very good Friday and Saturday at the jackpot, walked to gallery number one and bought this photo from them. Hurricane, isis and romance in Durango

You had Desire that night !

cant see the pics though...remember durango larry ? ?
            This too shall pass.

Comment

You had Desire that night !

cant see the pics though...remember durango larry ? ?
              Haven't been able to figure out how to get photo to show but it's this one.

Comment

Was finishing the night off last weekend with a tanqueray and tonic, i use a jigger and would always pour a double and lots of tonic.

This just didnt taste alcoholic though, doubted myself and threw another double in...still tasted watery.

Had a few more but didnt feel right.

Woke up next morning with a severe dry mouth and took a swig from the tonic bottle, Schweppes, yeah...soda water...
                Can we talk about the use of a jigger here, seems to be self defeating. I would presume everything is free pour at end of night

Comment

Any word on Brian Cowan?

Comment

Budweiser or Piss?

Comment

Can we talk about the use of a jigger here, seems to be self defeating. I would presume everything is free pour at end of night
                      I like the G & T to taste a certain way, thats why i measure it.

Its one of the only spirits i drink. I recently tried, by tried...drank a litre bottle over a few nights, was Gentleman Jack, that was nice, no ice, no mixer...very mellow and sweet.

Im not a big whisky drinker, would like to considering all the different stuff on the market.
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                        Budweiser or Piss?
                        Whos piss ?
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Whos piss ?
                          Scarlet Johansson

Comment

Budweiser or Piss?
                            Is the piss chilled ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                              Is the piss chilled ?
                              From the tap.

Comment

Any word on Brian Cowan?
                                Just heard he passed away. Tis a young age !
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Midsommar is a splendid film.

Comment

I like the G & T to taste a certain way, thats why i measure it.

Its one of the only spirits i drink. I recently tried, by tried...drank a litre bottle over a few nights, was Gentleman Jack, that was nice, no ice, no mixer...very mellow and sweet.

Im not a big whisky drinker, would like to considering all the different stuff on the market.
                                    If you liked Gentleman Jack then you'll definitely like other whiskeys. As it's fairly average imo. It's not bad, but of the 8 of so whiskeys I have at home it's the least interesting imo.
                                    Just need to find you taste. There's a huge difference between a pot still whiskey (only found in Ireland), bourbons, Japanese and then scotch as various little levels of smoke/peat.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                      Was too much for me.. Some really horrible scenes and very surprised nobody walked out of it in shock! Especially the younger ones that never saw Hereditary

Comment

Just heard he passed away. Tis a young age !
                                        Where do you hear this horseshit?

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post
                                          Where d
                                          o you hear this horseshit?
                                          There were a lot of the usual anon haters on Twitter last nights getting ahead of themselves in their excitement in their joy at the opportunity to spout their venom.

Doesn't sound good for him though, Local FF TD tweeted this last night

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Leo's was pretty off. "speedy recovery" didn't seem like the right tone.

Comment

Twink special on RTE tonight. Zip up yer mickeys.

Comment

Poor ol Cowen hope he pulls through, 59 is too young. Always found him to be harmless in the scheme of things . Nothing nasty anyway. Interweb can be poison .

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                    Twink special on RTE tonight. Zip up yer mickeys.
                                                    Have a coke party while watching that
                                                    She has to be the worst ejjit that rte offer us for the summer

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                      If you liked Gentleman Jack then you'll definitely like other whiskeys. As it's fairly average imo. It's not bad, but of the 8 of so whiskeys I have at home it's the least interesting imo.
                                                      Just need to find you taste. There's a huge difference between a pot still whiskey (only found in Ireland), bourbons, Japanese and then scotch as various little levels of smoke/peat.
                                                      Gentleman Jack is a fine tipple. 8 quid a glass in town. Feckers

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        There were a lot of the usual anon haters on Twitter last nights getting ahead of themselves in their excitement in their joy at the opportunity to spout their venom.
                                                        Have a look back on some of the posts on here when Thatcher died...
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I don't think its a surprise that Irelands least popular Politician who presided over a national humiliation and forced the country into a series of measures that had a terrible impact over a large percentage of the country is being treated harshly on twitter. He might have been quite unlucky with his timing, but this is a man who has always had rumours of corruption around him and chose to join and lead the party of Charlie Haughey and Bertie Ahern knowing full well what type of party it was and how they had treated Ireland.

Comment

Poor ol Cowen hope he pulls through, 59 is too young. Always found him to be harmless in the scheme of things . Nothing nasty anyway. Interweb can be poison .
                                                            Ya being the minister of finance when we were up to our tits in debt paying off every public service union none of his fault. Politicians care about the party first and foremost fuck the ordinary plebs. If he has a bleed an aneurysm my mother in law has the same this year 3 months in icu now back at home independent a little slower but otherwise fine. He might only be 59 but all that extra timber he’s been carrying can’t be much help.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 06-07-19, 12:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                I don't think its a surprise that Irelands least popular Politician who presided over a national humiliation and forced the country into a series of measures that had a terrible impact over a large percentage of the country is being treated harshly on twitter. He might have been quite unlucky with his timing, but this is a man who has always had rumours of corruption around him and chose to join and lead the party of Charlie Haughey and Bertie Ahern knowing full well what type of party it was and how they had treated Ireland.
                                                                Not a FF fan by any means but I don't ever remember hearing such rumours about Cowen? Unlike the other two crooks you referenced.

Comment

Members of the travelling community casing the road. Told the wan calling to the door that the neighbour is a Garda super, they fucked off very fast.

Comment

Gentleman Jack is a fine tipple. 8 quid a glass in town. Feckers
                                                                    It's better than regular Jack Daniels. Which isn't saying much.
                                                                    The Jack single barrel is nicer. But I'd rather Bullit, or Buffalo Trace if given the choice. 8 quid isn't much in the over all scale. The well aged stuff gets up to silly prices

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          Members of the travelling community casing the road. Told the wan calling to the door that the neighbour is a Garda super, they fucked off very fast.
                                                                          Generally speaking the fewer words you use the better

Na
                                                                          Na, yer grand
                                                                          Good day fella
                                                                          Etc
                                                                          Anything else is seen as weakness, just like all other dodgy salesmen...with the added bonus of a possible kicking/looting

Comment

Comment

Scotch confuses the shite outta me. Bought two allegedly decent bottles, Caoil Ila and Oban.

Chalk and cheese. Would drink the latter any time, the former was bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                We weren't 'up to our tits in debt'. We *had* one of the lowest debt rates in Europe when those payouts were happening. About 30/40% debt-to-GDP afair (and that was back when GDP was a valid measure).
                                                                                Presumably he means when Cowen was an utterly disastrous Taoiseach.

Comment

...

Comment

He was a disaster. Although Gordon Brown easily worse PM over same time period. UK is still destroyed, while Ireland has comfortably recovered. Now that's not on Cowen, but it's notable that our nearest neighbour clearly handled things worse - and yet Gordon would get none of the blame that Cowen gets.
                                                                                    I must have missed the international bailout that the UK required under Brown.

Comment

Posted this in the boards.ie photography section and it got absolutely no traction hoping there might be some opinion here.

Hey folks per the title I'm looking to pick myself up a new camera, I've two Canon 5d Mark III and find at times bringing them on small trips or little get aways is cumbersome, trying to decide what lens to bring/choose from and ultimately end up bringing everything

I've been toying with the idea the last while and picking up a new camera just something that I can grab & go. When away with family & friends it can be daunting handing them over a DSLR or even nerve-racking for them picking it up and shooting with it, nice to be on the other side of the lens once and awhile

Been eyeing up Fujifilm X100F, Panasonic Lumix ZS200 / TZ20, Sony Cyber-shot RX100 VI, I'm open to any & all suggestions.
                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Scotch confuses the shite outta me. Bought two allegedly decent bottles, Caoil Ila and Oban.

Chalk and cheese. Would drink the latter any time, the former was bank.
                                                                                        Get a whiskey map of Scotland on the internet somewhere, they tend to have style/taste patterns etc on them for each region ,save a copy of it

Taste a few, see which you like, buy from that area!

Comment

...

Comment

Was finishing the night off last weekend with a tanqueray and tonic, i use a jigger and would always pour a double and lots of tonic.

This just didnt taste alcoholic though, doubted myself and threw another double in...still tasted watery.

Had a few more but didnt feel right.

Woke up next morning with a severe dry mouth and took a swig from the tonic bottle, Schweppes, yeah...soda water...
                                                                                            Party Down was a mighty fine show, add this to your list folks only lasted two seasons but it was money.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                            Didn't see you at the Lighthouse show I went to. I didn't really dig Hereditary but I thought Midsommar was excellent absolutely baffling stuff. Did you see the Maradona documentary?
                                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Was thinking about tv and movies and what I've watched this year or seasons. Ended up watching a lot more tv than ever before.

GoT
                                                                                              Barry s2
                                                                                              Brockmire s3
                                                                                              Our planet
                                                                                              What we do in the shadows
                                                                                              True dectective s3
                                                                                              The good place s4
                                                                                              Killing Eve s2
                                                                                              Fleabag s2
                                                                                              Legion s3 at the moment

Then pretty much every chef or cooking show on Netflix. It really is a great time for TV. Always sunny will be back shortly too
                                                                                              Is what we do tp8n the shadows the film with the guys from Flight of the Conchords?
                                                                                              Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                              Ythe tone of your comment seems to suggest he had done it out of spite rather than taking what I’m sure was the least worst option available. I think the bailout, whilst tough for many, was better than literally hundreds of thousands of people losing their deposits in the bank. I don’t think most people realize the inter connectivity of the Irish banks at that time, you couldn’t (even with hindsight) just have let Anglo go and saved the others.

I think apart from a badly timed/performed radio interview he was generally seen as a hard worker with a decent backbone, not the corruption you’d associate with B&C.

It’s also worth noting that of the ~€200bn of debt Ireland had today only around $45bn relates to the bank bailout, the majority is from overspending which took place in the decades before Cowen came in.

Comment

We weren't 'up to our tits in debt'. We *had* one of the lowest debt rates in Europe when those payouts were happening. About 30/40% debt-to-GDP afair (and that was back when GDP was a valid measure).

Glad to see your mum is getting back on her feet.
                                                                                                In fairness I’ll not debate economics with yourself. Think despite your madness may be a specialist subject. But the day to day running of the country is killing us is it not. Simply put as haughey said we’re living beyond our means. The mother in law had a aneurysm but was in the mater in an hour from navan then Beaumont. Terrible place icu in Beaumont over the course of the time saw so many family’s in lots of times just waiting for members to get there to say goodbye before the machines were turned off. The mother in law couldn’t speak and even though her eyes were open and she was lying flat on her back she would every few minutes raise her right hand very like a nazi salute then slowly lower it then shoot up again. They even allowed us bring in her dogs they are small felt like a final goodbye to be honest. First thing she did when got out of hospital was asked me to make a chicken curry.

Comment

...

Comment

Living in Navan one year and haven’t self harmed yet guess that’s a positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                      Is what we do tp8n the shadows the film with the guys from Flight of the Conchords?

Ythe tone of your comment seems to suggest he had done it out of spite rather than taking what I’m sure was the least worst option available. I think the bailout, whilst tough for many, was better than literally hundreds of thousands of people losing their deposits in the bank. I don’t think most people realize the inter connectivity of the Irish banks at that time, you couldn’t (even with hindsight) just have let Anglo go and saved the others.

I think apart from a badly timed/performed radio interview he was generally seen as a hard worker with a decent backbone, not the corruption you’d associate with B&C.

It’s also worth noting that of the ~€200bn of debt Ireland had today only around $45bn relates to the bank bailout, the majority is from overspending which took place in the decades before Cowen came in.
                                                                                                      This is complete horseshite. The majority of the debt was run up under Cowen.

Comment

I must have missed the international bailout that the UK required under Brown.
                                                                                                        I’d rather have a bailout and a sustainable plan, than neither.

In fairness I’ll not debate economics with yourself. Think despite your madness may be a specialist subject. But the day to day running of the country is killing us is it not. Simply put as haughey said we’re living beyond our means. The mother in law had a aneurysm but was in the mater in an hour from navan then Beaumont. Terrible place icu in Beaumont over the course of the time saw so many family’s in lots of times just waiting for members to get there to say goodbye before the machines were turned off. The mother in law couldn’t speak and even though her eyes were open and she was lying flat on her back she would every few minutes raise her right hand very like a nazi salute then slowly lower it then shoot up again. They even allowed us bring in her dogs they are small felt like a final goodbye to be honest. First thing she did when got out of hospital was asked me to make a chicken curry.
                                                                                                        Ireland Debt:GDP was very low pre crisis but our tax income was volatile and relied too heavily on cyclical sectors. Once the crisis hit, tax take fell sharply and spending stayed the same, so the Austerity years were to fix that €15bn annual hole in the accounts. If we didn’t have to bail out the banks the austerity could arguably have taken place over a longer time with less of an immediate impact (like in the UK) but it would have to happen, anyway those bank guarantees effectively took away that option. The total bank bailout was ~4years of the primary deficit I.e. the difference in tax receipts and spending.

Comment

This is complete horseshite. The majority of the debt was run up under Cowen.

Ah that’s selective! You’re ignoring the tax receipts drop off. The writing was on the wall when he took over, it’s not like you start every year with a new plan for all spending. Benchmarking was a huge part of it.

Comment

Cities: Skylines is €7 on Steam today. Bargain.
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

...

Comment

Living in Navan one year and haven’t self harmed yet guess that’s a positive.
                                                                                                                What about your neighbours?

Comment

Ah we all know how Cowen performed at his job and have had plenty of time to let him know what we think of him. When he is in hospital gravely ill isn't really the time to be discussing it.

Also anyone who could say
                                                                                                                  chose to join and lead the party of Charlie Haughey and Bertie Ahern
                                                                                                                  is displaying woeful ignorance of both the person and the subject on which they are pontificating.
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

What do you do Goodluck, if you don't mind me asking? There's a few posts recently where you are clearly quite clued in to economics. But didn't have you in that mental category for whatever reason.
                                                                                                                    Worked as a credit/bond analyst for a decade, in aircraft leasing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                                      Ah that’s selective! You’re ignoring the tax receipts drop off. The writing was on the wall when he took over, it’s not like you start every year with a new plan for all spending. Benchmarking was a huge part of it.
                                                                                                                      No, it''s not 'selective.

Debt in 2006 was ~40bn
                                                                                                                      Debt in 2012 was ~200bn.

Yet you claim 'the majority' was run up in the pre-Cowen era. Simply wrong.

Comment

Here's the UK graph:

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X